The stupidest things I have ever heard were said by anti-Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
I do not understand the attacks on my Christian brothers (Catholics).
Unless I missed something I think it was an attack on those that are not Catholic that started this thread.

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
H. Richard said:
Unless I missed something I think it was an attack on those that are not Catholic that started this thread.
You did not miss anything. But let's put this conversation in context. The headline of this conversation is: The stupidest things I have ever heard were said by anti-Catholics

Which lead me to basically agree with that headline in the statements I made. Therefore I am agreeing with the topic: "The stupidest things I have ever heard were said by anti-Catholics"

In all fairness there have been some stupid things said by Catholics about non-Catholics.

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
Zachary said:
I'm anti-RCC and anti-EOC mostly because they teach doctrines that are:
(1) against Scripture, and (2) not found in Scripture.

One such is that some RCCs/EOCs pray to Mary and the saints.
And IMO, the church does not correct this grievous error.
So which church has doctrines that are infallible and not against scripture?

What is EOC?

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
mjrhealth said:
Well Scalia,

no one here is anti catholic, ie no one here hates teh people, it is the religion - "catholism", that we despise because it opsoses God in everything it does,
yes, i have heard this defense many times... wonder why it is I dont belive it?? hmmmm... go figure

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
tom55 said:
The Catholic Church is CLEARLY, according to historical records, the oldest Christian Church on the planet. If any church has the right to call itself the 1st Christian Church.....it is the Catholic Church. Which is why they get attacked so much....everyone wants to take down the biggest dog on the block even if it means attacking a fellow Christian. How sad and how much more anti-Christ can you get than that?
yes, i have always found it highly ironic that nonCatholic Christians (or.. "Christians") accuse Catholics of... well, fill in the blanks... but in a nutshell, accuse them of not being truly Christian.. as they attack us and insult us and tell us we are going to Hell...

yeh, very Christian, isn't it?

We should all say in unison:

I REST MY CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
mjrhealth said:
Well Scalia,

no one here is anti catholic, ie no one here hates teh people, it is the religion - "catholism", that we despise because it opsoses God in everything it does, Now if you cant see that, than maybe you should look with your eyes open, As long as catholics come to promete their religion those who love Christ will stand up against it. There is no church on thsi earth made by man that is Goid, If you cannot understand that, well than, maybe it is time you found Jesus , and asked Him instead of relying on the "doctrines" of you church to fil lyour head with lies.
Once again.....You make no sense.

You despise Catholicism but you don't despise the people who practice it? Catholicism "opposes God in everything it does" but the people who practice it are OK? As long as Catholics promote their religion those who love Christ will stand up against it. Does that mean Catholics don't love Christ? "

"There is no church on this earth made by man that is God" (miss-spellings corrected)? What does that even mean? The RCC doesn't even claim that.

Have you ever heard of the book Disinformation?

Notice: There are multiple questions in this post!! (that I am sure you won't even attempt to answer).

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
ScaliaFan said:
yes, i have always found it highly ironic that nonCatholic Christians (or.. "Christians") accuse Catholics of... well, fill in the blanks... but in a nutshell, accuse them of not being truly Christian.. as they attack us and insult us and tell us we are going to Hell...
In all fairness ScaliaFan there are many Catholics who say the same about Protestants.

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
Dan57 said:
The Levitical priesthood was in place to fulfill the temple duties in the Old Covenant. That Covenant ended when Christ died. The sacrificial duties of priest ended on the cross, the veil in the Temple was torn in half giving everyone access to the sanctuary through Christ. The Aaronic Priesthood duties are no longer required, there is no temple, alter, sacrifice, etc. "The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec" (Hebrews 7)
No altar? What does Hebrews 13:10 and 1 Corinthians 10:21 refer to then? Furthermore we have historical writings and archeological evidence showing the use of altars by the early Christians. Are you saying the early Christians were wrong and you are right?

Duties of the priest ended? According to Dan57, what is a priest (elder) duty in the New Testament?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No altar? What does Hebrews 13:10 and 1 Corinthians 10:21 refer to then
13.10. What was the alter used for?? Blood sacrifce. What Altar does He speak of. Christ who poured out His blood and if you read, those who where of the old tabernacle, who sacrificed animals on teh altar have no part in HIm.

10:21 What does one do at a table, just as it says.

Rev_3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

We all have access to the Lords table, dont need church for that.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ScaliaFan said:

I thought that the churches that Paul started were the first ones under grace. You know, under the gospel that was hidden in God and revealed to Paul..

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
tom55 said:
In all fairness ScaliaFan there are many Catholics who say the same about Protestants.
no, there isn't.. not in my world

CAtholics are FAR more charitable in their dealings with Ps than vice versa..

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ScaliaFan said:
no, there isn't.. not in my world

Well, history certainly has alot to say about that.

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
ScaliaFan said:
That does not negate the FACT that there are many Catholics who say the same things about Protestants. My statement has nothing to do with being charitable with one another.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
That does not negate the FACT that there are many Catholics who say the same things about Protestants. My statement has nothing to do with being charitable with one another.

The inquisition. Catholics killed a lot of people.

Thw counter inquisition. The daughters of the Whore killed a lot of people. There is a mass grave of Catholics 90 miles from me.

Tick

Tock

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
FHII said:
The inquisition. Catholics killed a lot of people.
Thw counter inquisition. The daughters of the Whore killed a lot of people. There is a mass grave of Catholics 90 miles from me.
Tick
Tock
And your point is?

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
tom55 said:

um... whatever

B

brakelite

Weird that history has been so revised and twisted that even titles have been altered...used to be reformation/counter-reformation. Part of that counter-reformation was an escalation to the inquisition that had been progressing since the 14th century. Now according to previous posters we have the inquisition/counter-inquisition.
I tend to believe that religious liberty, although lately being espoused as a civil right by leading Catholics, is no more an assured human right today than it was in the 17th century. Revelation 13 is very clear...the civil government is soon to establish religious legislation enforcing religious practice upon all. And whose religious practice and which perspective will that be? Recent events in the world indicate to me that ecumesism, that is a union of the once "wayward daughters" of Protestantism and their "Mother", will be the final authority of what will soon be accepted religious practice. No longer will the US Constitution and bill of rights be a defender of religious freedom. What was once lightly written in pencil will be permanently erased, and persecution as practised in the middle ages will be re-established on a global scale...with the Pope and his Vatican in overall charge. Was not Francis' recent address to the Congress and the UN a classic electioneering positioning for that very seat of global power?

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
brakelite said:
Weird that history has been so revised and twisted that even titles have been altered...used to be reformation/counter-reformation. Part of that counter-reformation was an escalation to the inquisition that had been progressing since the 14th century. Now according to previous posters we have the inquisition/counter-inquisition.
I tend to believe that religious liberty, although lately being espoused as a civil right by leading Catholics, is no more an assured human right today than it was in the 17th century. Revelation 13 is very clear...the civil government is soon to establish religious legislation enforcing religious practice upon all. And whose religious practice and which perspective will that be? Recent events in the world indicate to me that ecumesism, that is a union of the once "wayward daughters" of Protestantism and their "Mother", will be the final authority of what will soon be accepted religious practice. No longer will the US Constitution and bill of rights be a defender of religious freedom. What was once lightly written in pencil will be permanently erased, and persecution as practised in the middle ages will be re-established on a global scale...with the Pope and his Vatican in overall charge. Was not Francis' recent address to the Congress and the UN a classic electioneering positioning for that very seat of global power?
I doubt very much that John of Patmos had the plot of the “Left Behind"-Series in mind when writing the Book of Revelation.

B

brakelite

junobet said:
I doubt very much that John of Patmos had the plot of the “Left Behind"-Series in mind when writing the Book of Revelation.
First, I hold no harmony with anything of the Left Behind series or the themes and perspectives that sustain it...neither did what I write of above have anything that Left Behind have much agreement. I do not agree with the rapture theory, nor do I agree with any future individual "Antichrist" who arrives on the scene of history and decimates and persecutes the church as a secular political power/dictator.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
brakelite said:
First, I hold no harmony with anything of the Left Behind series or the themes and perspectives that sustain it...neither did what I write of above have anything that Left Behind have much agreement. I do not agree with the rapture theory, nor do I agree with any future individual "Antichrist" who arrives on the scene of history and decimates and persecutes the church as a secular political power/dictator.
[SIZE=medium]Glad to hear it. So why do you link the Roman Catholic Church to the Book of Revelation? And why do you have such a problem with ecumenism? We are told that the church (Christianity as a whole) is Christ’s body. Shouldn’t the parts of the body communicate and cooperate with each other? [/SIZE]