The stupidest things I have ever heard were said by anti-Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
The Roman church is described perfectly in Revelation 17 and 18...she is described as a harlot, and mother of harlot churches, obviously the protestant churches which thought they broke away but in actual fact are still tied to Rome and the Babylonian/Roman false religious system...

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
junobet said:
[SIZE=medium]Glad to hear it. So why do you link the Roman Catholic Church to the Book of Revelation? And why do you have such a problem with ecumenism? We are told that the church (Christianity as a whole) is Christ’s body. Shouldn’t the parts of the body communicate and cooperate with each other? [/SIZE]
Not everyone in churches are children of God. If a church is not teaching the gospel of Grace as taught by Paul then they are cursed according to the scriptures.

Gal 1:8-9
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.
NKJV

If you are not being taught Paul's gospel of grace then you are in an apostate church.

I am amazed that Paul told those that tried to worship him not to do it. Kissing the feet of the RCC Pope is idolizing the Pope and I don't see him telling them not to do it.

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
H. Richard said:
Not everyone in churches are children of God. If a church is not teaching the gospel of Grace as taught by Paul then they are cursed according to the scriptures.

Gal 1:8-9
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.
NKJV

If you are not being taught Paul's gospel of grace then you are in an apostate church.

I am amazed that Paul told those that tried to worship him not to do it. Kissing the feet of the RCC Pope is idolizing the Pope and I don't see him telling them not to do it.
I like the sentence right before verse 8: there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.

B

brakelite

junobet said:
[SIZE=medium]Glad to hear it. So why do you link the Roman Catholic Church to the Book of Revelation? And why do you have such a problem with ecumenism? We are told that the church (Christianity as a whole) is Christ’s body. Shouldn’t the parts of the body communicate and cooperate with each other? [/SIZE]
Good questions, and there is no short answer. Indepth Bible study is the only way. You might like to start with this...
https://brakelite.wordpress.com/category/prophecy-and-end-times/

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
[SIZE=medium]We are told that the church (Christianity as a whole) is Christ’s body[/SIZE]
First off look up teh word church and see what t really means. Secondly just becasue one calls onesself a christina does not make one a christian. We look with our eyes and we donrt see. listen with our ears and dot hear. Ever since penetecost, we where supoosed to be led by the spirit, just as Moses led the Israelites out of egypt, we where supoosed to come out of teh harlot church system and follow Christ, Bur few do, that is why the path is narrow and few find it.

What did Jesus say,

Mat 20:25 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.
Mat 20:26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;

But it is waht we do, let men lord over us instead of Christ,

1Sa_8:7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

and it is the same today.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
heretoeternity said:
The Roman church is described perfectly in Revelation 17 and 18...she is described as a harlot, and mother of harlot churches, obviously the protestant churches which thought they broke away but in actual fact are still tied to Rome and the Babylonian/Roman false religious system...

some idiot who doesn't know anything about the RC Church told you that... and you were ignorant enough to believe it. Anticatholics are the most gullible people I have ever met. And then there is this:

Why are you endlessly accusing Catholics of going against the Bible and here you are saying Rev 17 is referring to the Catholic Church, but "Catholic Church" is nt mentioned there? You talk of how --say--Transubstantiation is not mentioned in the Bible... how the word CAtholic not in the Bible... and then you say Revelation is referring to the Catholic Church???!!

hypocrites

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
heretoeternity said:
Weird...I read Revelation 17 and 18 as The Lutheren Church being the harlot and mother of harlot churches since the Christian Church was one body in Christ until Martin Luther came along and seperated Christianity into thousands of denominations. Since Martin Luther, Christianity and scripture has been twisted by every Protestant Church to fit their personal beliefs. Every Protestant church is the spawn or child of The Lutheren Church; in my opinion. I wonder who is right? YOU or ME?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christianity and scripture has been twisted by every Protestant Church to fit their personal beliefs.
weell maybe you need to comapre catholic doctinre to scripture, you know, idols, call no man father etc etc.

B

brakelite

tom55 said:
Weird...I read Revelation 17 and 18 as The Lutheren Church being the harlot and mother of harlot churches since the Christian Church was one body in Christ until Martin Luther came along and seperated Christianity into thousands of denominations. Since Martin Luther, Christianity and scripture has been twisted by every Protestant Church to fit their personal beliefs. Every Protestant church is the spawn or child of The Lutheren Church; in my opinion. I wonder who is right? YOU or ME?
It is a common belief today that the RCC was the only true shop in town. The RCC would certainly have you believe this....the truth is that the RCC has destroyed tens of thousands of books....Bibles....tracts....and historical information that proves the existence of Christian churches throughout the world quite separate and independent of Rome from the days of the apostles. It was the RCC that was the late-comer compared to these churches.
Find a source independent of the RCC and study the history of the Waldenses and Albigenses. Go deep because a light scratch across the surface would have you believe them to be heretics and just small offshoots. Over the centuries the Vatican, using the sword of secular armies, decimated these honest Christian communities in the tens of thousands, and destroyed their literature. Their Bibles were derived from the original writings derived from the earliest Christians in Antioch. Faithfully and meticulously handwritten copies from generation o generation, the Waldensian Bibles were anathema to Rome, because they were a testimony against Jerome's Latin corruption and the Roman apostasy.
But I suspect you will read this and simply write it off as another "hate-filled-anticatholic-antichristian-diatribe". You won't, I suspect, have the courage to truly investigate the truth for yourself, being comfortable with the status quo and content in your own ignorance.
Due to constant persecution for over a 1000 years, and a compromise with error in order to seek some respite, the few Waldenses that had survived, by the time of the reformation, had forgotten much of even their own heritage. And sadly today are joined with the Methodist ecumenical movement and are moving back to the arms of her own persecutors.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
I like the sentence right before verse 8: there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.
Do you know who Paul is talking about? No you don't or you would not have said what you said..

The ones that were troubling Paul's coverts were the believing Jews (those that believed Jesus was the Jews Messiah and King) that were trying to make Paul's converts go under the law of Moses. That is what Acts 15 is all about. Why don't you know this?

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
mjrhealth said:
weell maybe you need to comapre catholic doctinre to scripture, you know, idols, call no man father etc etc.
where does it say in the Bible that we are to follow only the Bible?

ha ha... the word Bible is not in the Bible

The beginnings of the Bible came along in the 4th century when the CATHOLIC Church put it together, chose which bks to put into it and which ones not.. When you go on about the bible you are giving assent to the reality that the Catholic Church got it right...

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
brakelite said:
It is a common belief today that the RCC was the only true shop in town. The RCC would certainly have you believe this...
u believe lies about the RCC

I have studied Church history and doctrines for years. It is YOU who are ignorant, not me.

And you know what... again, the Church WAS/is "the only true shop in town"

for yours truly...

it was the only thing that worked for me, the only thing that could help me overcome my demons, both figurative andl literal

too bad u dont like success

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
brakelite said:
It is a common belief today that the RCC was the only true shop in town. The RCC would certainly have you believe this....the truth is that the RCC has destroyed tens of thousands of books....Bibles....tracts....and historical information that proves the existence of Christian churches throughout the world quite separate and independent of Rome from the days of the apostles. It was the RCC that was the late-comer compared to these churches.
Find a source independent of the RCC and study the history of the Waldenses and Albigenses. Go deep because a light scratch across the surface would have you believe them to be heretics and just small offshoots. Over the centuries the Vatican, using the sword of secular armies, decimated these honest Christian communities in the tens of thousands, and destroyed their literature. Their Bibles were derived from the original writings derived from the earliest Christians in Antioch. Faithfully and meticulously handwritten copies from generation o generation, the Waldensian Bibles were anathema to Rome, because they were a testimony against Jerome's Latin corruption and the Roman apostasy.
But I suspect you will read this and simply write it off as another "hate-filled-anticatholic-antichristian-diatribe". You won't, I suspect, have the courage to truly investigate the truth for yourself, being comfortable with the status quo and content in your own ignorance.
Due to constant persecution for over a 1000 years, and a compromise with error in order to seek some respite, the few Waldenses that had survived, by the time of the reformation, had forgotten much of even their own heritage. And sadly today are joined with the Methodist ecumenical movement and are moving back to the arms of her own persecutors.
You can't even get right the CURRENT truth of the RCC mass and you want me to believe you know the history of Christianity? I said it before and I will say it again; I lost respect for anything you have to say about the RCC when you said they don't even have a bible in their churches or preach from the bible. That is a flat out lie (but a truth in your mind).

Scholars and historians have learned that the Waldenses "documents" claiming antiquity have been tampered with and consider their history basically a fable. They are considered heretical according to the RCC.

The Albigenses started in the Middle Ages and were considered heretical by the RCC.

It is a historical known fact that the RCC destroyed bibles that had errors in them because they wanted scripture to remain pure.

You spout your hatred for RCC teachings calling them wrong or heretical. You seem to think that's ok for YOU to do.

But when the RCC calls a group heretical you attack the RCC for doing THE SAME THING YOUR DOING!! Does that make you a hypocrite? And who is right in their teachings? YOU? The Albigenses? The Waldenses?

Who has the authority to say who is right and has the truth? Apparently YOU do!!

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
H. Richard said:
Do you know who Paul is talking about? No you don't or you would not have said what you said..

The ones that were troubling Paul's coverts were the believing Jews (those that believed Jesus was the Jews Messiah and King) that were trying to make Paul's converts go under the law of Moses. That is what Acts 15 is all about. Why don't you know this?
I was talking about you and people like you. People who twist and pervert the gospel to their own liking so it fits what they believe.

Why don't you know this?

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
I was talking about you and people like you. People who twist and pervert the gospel to their own liking so it fits what they believe.

Why don't you know this?
I pointed out that you twisted the scripture to say what you wanted it to say. But pride will not let you see that you are doing what you accuse me of doing.

I don't enjoy talking about poster. Seems you do. Bye

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
First, its not true that the RCC was the only church. The RCC had already split from the Orthodox. Plus, it wasnt Luther that split from the RCC. Luther sought to "reform" the RCC but was thrown out for his efforts. Besides, there was a lot more to the Protestant revolt than theology, but thats another story.

Either way, I agree that Protestantism has its own share of issues which are clear for anyone to see. Suffice it to say that Revelation 17 or 18 speaks neither of RCC or Protestants. These are general images referring to governments and false religions that are used to cause people to serve the things of this world rather than Christ. In the first century, it looked like the Roman government and the cult of the emperor. In North Korea, it looks like a dictator and the religious indoctrination that takes place among the people to deify him. In America (in my opinion), it looks like a secular democracy that thinks they can dictate morality popular vote. The point is, the enemy is at work behind the power structures of this world and usually is manipulating those structures to force people to compromise and persecute those who strive to be faithful to Jesus. Often, false religious ideologies are used to perpetuate that power structure. Anyway, just my thoughts....

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
H. Richard said:
catholic all my life and never heard of anyone kissing pope's feet..

Y don't anticatholics and other critics of the RCC ever talk about what is REALLY amiss in the Church?

right now we have a heretic, apparently for a pope... I'd say that beats out kissing his feet any day...

when he says things like... (I am paraphrasing, not verbatim) Hell doesn't last forever.. In fact, I am 99% sure he said there was no hell!!!!!!!!!! Un-freaking-believable!

My experiences in life alone tell me there is a Hell.. There are far too many people sold out to the devil.. who by their actions show they hate God, hate being good... hate loving neighbor as self... There is no way those people would even be happy in Heaven, where there is love and peace... nope, wouldnt be happy there at all...

so they go to a place I call the Land of Eternal Regrets

Mt 25:31-46 mentions Hell and says it is ETERNAL. I suppose the pope and other heretics think that was a typo or something? And there were hundreds of other typos in the Bible as well??

This is a very bad time in history... Maybe Jesus is coming soon...???

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
Wormwood said:
First, its not true that the RCC was the only church. The RCC had already split from the Orthodox. Plus, it wasnt Luther that split from the RCC. Luther sought to "reform" the RCC but was thrown out for his efforts. Besides, there was a lot more to the Protestant revolt than theology, but thats another story.

Either way, I agree that Protestantism has its own share of issues which are clear for anyone to see. Suffice it to say that Revelation 17 or 18 speaks neither of RCC or Protestants. These are general images referring to governments and false religions that are used to cause people to serve the things of this world rather than Christ. In the first century, it looked like the Roman government and the cult of the emperor. In North Korea, it looks like a dictator and the religious indoctrination that takes place among the people to deify him. In America (in my opinion), it looks like a secular democracy that thinks they can dictate morality popular vote. The point is, the enemy is at work behind the power structures of this world and usually is manipulating those structures to force people to compromise and persecute those who strive to be faithful to Jesus. Often, false religious ideologies are used to perpetuate that power structure. Anyway, just my thoughts....
I generally agree with your above statements.

The RCC was the largest and most powerful but not the only church at the time. The Eastern Orthodox and RCC are like identical twins with some minor personality differences and between the two of them they made up the majority of Christians at the time.

To say that Luther didn't split from the RCC is bizarre. When one lowly member (he was one priest out of thousands) disagrees with an organizations rules, dogma, doctrine, practices (whatever you want to call it) and that member writes some HORRIBLE things about the Jews and the Pope, of course he is going to get thrown out. He wanted to have certain books of the bible thrown out because those books didn't conform to what he personally believed so of course he is going to get thrown out. He was separating his beliefs from the RCC beliefs and dividing people, of course he is going to get thrown out.

The dictionary definition of the word split is: to separate or divide into groups that disagree. That is what Luther did therefor it is a FACT that he split from the RCC.

(For the record I do believe the RCC did need SOME reforming at the time.)

Just like if you disagree with the rules of Christianity Board and you keep posting things your not supposed to, your going to get kicked out. You can start your own "Christianity Board" website. When you do that you have "split" from the original.

When you get kicked off and you DON'T start your own website then you are just an ex-member.

I hope that makes sense.

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
H. Richard said:
I pointed out that you twisted the scripture to say what you wanted it to say. But pride will not let you see that you are doing what you accuse me of doing.

I don't enjoy talking about poster. Seems you do. Bye
I didn't twist scripture. I simply quoted it and said I liked it. How is that twisting scripture?

I was trying to give you a hint that I believe YOU are twisting scripture. I felt like you weren't picking up on that hint so then I flat out told you your twisting scripture.

But I'm not mad at you like it appears you are at me. A lot of people on here twist scripture and I ain't mad at them.

I still love them and I love you just like Jesus asked us to do.

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
ScaliaFan said:
catholic all my life and never heard of anyone kissing pope's feet..

Y don't anticatholics and other critics of the RCC ever talk about what is REALLY amiss in the Church?

right now we have a heretic, apparently for a pope... I'd say that beats out kissing his feet any day...

when he says things like... (I am paraphrasing, not verbatim) Hell doesn't last forever.. In fact, I am 99% sure he said there was no hell!!!!!!!!!! Un-freaking-believable!

My experiences in life alone tell me there is a Hell.. There are far too many people sold out to the devil.. who by their actions show they hate God, hate being good... hate loving neighbor as self... There is no way those people would even be happy in Heaven, where there is love and peace... nope, wouldnt be happy there at all...

so they go to a place I call the Land of Eternal Regrets

Mt 25:31-46 mentions Hell and says it is ETERNAL. I suppose the pope and other heretics think that was a typo or something? And there were hundreds of other typos in the Bible as well??

This is a very bad time in history... Maybe Jesus is coming soon...???
ScaliaFan,

I have great respect for the Catholic faith but please don't comment on things before you seek the truth. There is and has been historically kissing of the Popes feet. I had to research it myself because I knew the Pope's have kissed other peoples feet but I never knew they had their feet kissed.

Pope Francis never said there was no hell or that it doesn't last forever. Don't take my word for it....research it yourself.

If you plan to be a representative of the Catholic Church on this forum I would hope you would at least do some basic research before saying such inaccurate things. Us Protestants can interpret scripture any way we want and find a church that is going to agree with us. This means we can never be wrong. But when it comes to historical FACTS about the Papacy or easy to find QUOTES from Pope Francis or RCC teachings then you shouldn't deny history or twist what Francis really said. That makes you wrong.