The Supernatural, paranormal and the artificial

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Example of jumping to conclusions...

Jesus has appeared to me, im saved.
3736482.jpg

Hey! Scripture says He is the Bread of Life!

I'm guessing some may take it as blasphemy, but I view Him as the Grilled Cheese Sandwich of Life as well.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah.. when people say I never had a bad thought in my life I get all cringy. That's why you hear 'I never knew he was like that' ... in the news people.

Yes and no. There are degrees. Satan through demons try to tempt all of us, continually whenever possible. But when it gets to the level of hearing voices audibly, that means they are really working someone over. Anything in-between represents varying degrees on the spectrum.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul is not Jesus.

Its shocking to put all that trust in Paul when you had learned he beat up on Christ's church.

Yeah, this one right here you need to watch, Brian. I agree with History's response. The Spirit of the Lord both spoke and wrote through the apostle Paul, who became His vessel, such that Paul at one point began openly professing, "It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me."

You need to watch for any influence that would separate out the apostle Paul as someone you should not put trust in. Certainly he was not the Lord Himself, but he became a vessel through whom the Lord was speaking. This is why the Lord preserved more of his epistles for us than any other NT writer.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke was real.. so real he mailed me a post card from Europe.

luke2.jpg

Certainly someone in flesh and blood wrote this. What I'm saying is, you need to be careful making assumptions about your dreams. God can send dreams, but so can evil spirits, and they are experts at deceiving in matters of false religion. To make the assumption that it must have been a benevolent spirit simply because it dangled a rosary is to put yourself in danger. Those who know me here know I am not an anti-Catholic. But I am not one who assumes all things Catholic are of God either.

I could analyze and interpret your dreams for you if you would allow me, though I'm guessing in your current place you might not want that. But the position that dreams are not of God is not a scriptural one, and the fact that you have been made to fear them suggests that the enemy has tried to attack you in this area. It also may suggest that there may be some things you are being deceived about, and when the Lord has tried to warn you you have rejected the warnings as not being from Him.

You need to adopt a healthier perspective on this, because He is very likely wanting to protect you in this matter, and that help may come through dreams; ones that are from God, not the enemy.

Reactions: historyb

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I make a distinction between dreams and visions.. I have one where I meet my wife again young. I'll never forget about it. Its a 10 second vision. I believe God sends the message..first in visions.

Dreams are fantasies.. and visions are not. Ghosts.. in the real world are scary as heck but not to me.

This Luke was a real person but may not be his true look. The Luke I saw looked like my Avatar. He was saying I was a Gladiator.

One Dream I had was some madman had 5 people at a round table and shot us all in the back.. That was the Zane Floyd shooting I survived at my job. One witness saw me killed. I thought she was crazy at first. But I did get a vision on it before the event. She told me he came up from behind and shot me in the back. I said really?

Here's a little story I wrote on it.

In 1998, some crazy guy (zane floyd) came to my work and shot my atheist manger.. and about 3 more people dead. I found myself in a strange reality with no sound but high audio (magnified gun shots) (no radio on.. or floor buffer which should of been,( saying why's it real quiet!) at the time and a strange woman looking at me (I'm guessing she was the guardian angel) Then when it was all over a coworker had told the police I was a victim.. crazy story... I questioned her and it was me. But what she saw put me in the kill zone. What I saw was nothing... nobody getting killed. But people did. The shots were super loud!!! I even walked over to the spot shots went off. I call it divine intervention. I specifically heard my manager declare he was atheist and went as far as saying he hated Jesus just less than 1 week before.

I more qualified than you people to speak on this stuff. Nobody can say I never met a Luke.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I make a distinction between dreams and visions.. I have one where I meet my wife again young. I'll never forget about it. Its a 10 second vision. I believe God sends the message..first in visions.

Dreams are fantasies.. and visions are not.

Well, again now Brian, you are taking a position that is highly unbiblical. You cannot support this from scripture, which should be the foundation for your beliefs. I know you feel this way likely because you don't know whether you can trust your dreams or not, but nonetheless, if you are walking close to the Lord He is going to communicate to you by such means. The only question is, will you trust the voice of God or not.
One Dream I had was some madman had 5 people at a round table and shot us all in the back.. That was the Zane Floyd shooting I survived at my job. One witness saw me killed. I thought she was crazy at first. But I did get a vision on it before the event. She told me he came up from behind and shot me in the back. I said really?

Here's a little story I wrote on it.

In 1998, some crazy guy (zane floyd) came to my work and shot my atheist manger.. and about 3 more people dead. I found myself in a strange reality with no sound but high audio (magnified gun shots) (no radio on.. or floor buffer which should of been,( saying why's it real quiet!) at the time and a strange woman looking at me (I'm guessing she was the guardian angel) Then when it was all over a coworker had told the police I was a victim.. crazy story... I questioned her and it was me. But what she saw put me in the kill zone. What I saw was nothing... nobody getting killed. But people did. The shots were super loud!!! I even walked over to the spot shots went off. I call it divine intervention. I specifically heard my manager declare he was atheist and went as far as saying he hated Jesus just less than 1 week before.

This is good, but now don't you see how you are contradicting yourself here? If all dreams are are just fantasies, then you are saying this dream you had has no intrinsic value in and of itself.

Reactions: Helen

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys are not talking to a bible thumper who gets all his answers from the bible. I use my own brain on everything when I investigate things.

I have seen so much paranormal / supernatural I could write a book!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys are not talking to a bible thumper who gets all his answers from the bible. I use my own brain on everything when I investigate things.

Brian, your own brain does not supersede the written word of God, nor does it supersede the teachings of the apostle Paul. You are supplanting virtually everyone else's "opinions" to your own, and this is why you are in spiritual danger. You are even supplanting God as if you are superior to Him, because when He tries to speak to you and warn you in dreams about it, you dismiss Him as if His words are not important either.

One thing I can promise you: You will not make yourself a god before this community. Your likes-to-messages ratio demonstrates that you are not that well liked as it is, and if you persist in telling everyone how superior you are to them, you will find out just how unwelcome you really are.

Reactions: Helen and historyb

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God gave me a brain so I can think for myself. All you guys do post random scriptures to talk with people.

That's not doing any thinking.

This topic is about the unknown.

Its really annoying watching a guy use God's words as your own. Its like saying God said this so that's the answer. . that is abusing the words of God.

And besides Paul aint God.

He was some guy who persecuted God's church.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, Waiting. I know you don't mean that like some would take it, but my personal opinion is that this line of thinking is precisely the problem. There are a whole lot of Christians out there assuming they are one when they're not. It is a supernatural gift, and the definition of what a true prophet is should never be watered down. It leads to everyone saying everything "in the name of the Lord."
There were nearly a thousand who thought Jim Jones was a prophet.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spirits are bodiless in God's world.
Do me a favor B, go back an read all your posts. Most likely you'll find what I've discovered about 90% of all you post are dealing with you trying to find faith through earthly objects ( things you can see or touch).
The problem is a faith founded in these things is not faith at all.
Faith is a gift of the Holy Spirit, just my opinion you need to seek first the kingdom of God and all of His, His, His righteousness then faith will be added to you it's given of God, His gift,.

It's an perverse and wicked generation that seeks after a sign, don't be a part of that please seek, seek, repent!

Reactions: Helen

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"...Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)
You left out the first part of that verse.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

We have no power to resist the devil unless we first submit to God.

Well thats a good question. How can you be sure?
I was just giving an example of someone (not me) jumping to conclusions with that toast.
As a Catholic im justified through baptism and only get saved after i die.
So that question is one id like to hear other people answer actually.
How can you be sure your "born again moment" is genuine?
The book of 1 John was written to answer your last question.

I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life.
1 John 5:13 ESV

If you want to know whether you are saved read the book and compare what it says with your own life. Don't rely on any rituals or visions you have experienced. Notice that it says your can know whether you have eternal life, present tense. Salvation is something you must receive now, not after your body dies.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were nearly a thousand who thought Jim Jones was a prophet.

Well certainly, but then most of them were under gunpoint by the time they had their lives taken. If they had been free to leave the story might have been different. I place great stock in the priesthood of the believer. I believe we will ultimately answer for what we all allowed ourselves to believe and who we willingly allowed ourselves to follow, and just as there were false prophets in OT times there will be false prophets in the end-times, but also the true.

But I am quick to understand some doubting if there are any/many true, because at the present time there really aren't all that many, at least in comparison with how many false ones there are.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well certainly, but then most of them were under gunpoint by the time they had their lives taken. If they had been free to leave the story might have been different. I place great stock in the priesthood of the believer. I believe we will ultimately answer for what we all allowed ourselves to believe and who we willingly allowed ourselves to follow, and just as there were false prophets in OT times there will be false prophets in the end-times, but also the true.

But I am quick to understand some doubting if there are any/many true, because at the present time there really aren't all that many, at least in comparison with how many false ones there are.
Please quote scripture that says there will be true prophets after the apostolic age.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know that's not going to get us anywhere but round and round in a circle again, but Joel 2:28-31.
Well, Joel didn't have the narrative unfortunately, but we do we see all of this accomplished in the first century. We can read about it in the acts and the epistles.