The Supernatural, paranormal and the artificial

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God is still revealing secrets to the prophets today. And it isn't always ear tickling news.
Yes I do have faith in God and some people do require signs, Thomas required a sign, signs from God are not to be detested

Incredulity... Guilty as charged, especially recently...
There is a fine line between asking God questions and bringing God into question and i try my upmost to never criticize God.
But its some of the other theology that i get all Thomased up about...

But i do get that sense that some people detest modern signs and prophets. I think it comes down to how strict someone is about sola scripture. The strict people will not accept any news post Bible which is confusing cos how will one ever accept Christ if He returns in our lifetime.

I better see where this thread goes first before i accidently derail it. Im still on page 3

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How do you know you are saved, seeing that Satan comes as an angel of light looking like Christ?

To God Be The Glory

Well thats a good question. How can you be sure?
I was just giving an example of someone (not me) jumping to conclusions with that toast.
As a Catholic im justified through baptism and only get saved after i die.
So that question is one id like to hear other people answer actually.
How can you be sure your "born again moment" is genuine?

Reactions: historyb

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Absolutely, He give in His time.

Why would I need a prophet, we are reconciled?

So if Christ did return how would you accept Him? Because you don't need a prophet, right, and reject all new revelations?
Would you believe the CNN stories of a man claiming to be the messiah healing all the sick somewhere far away and performing miracles on youtube?

And if u don't believe in signs then how can you believe the signs u think are being given to you?

Sorry about the tricky questions, they aren't personal at all just purely out of interest. Thinking out loud basically. Freestyle
I think the Jews have a law saying that its blasphemy to claim to be the messiah. How then will they accept him?
Even Jesus says, if anyone comes claiming to be the one, don't believe...

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm yes discernment. I had none of that at one point in my life. I don't think one can have the "gift of discernment" in the sense that they never get deceived by the evil one. I think it's like a scale, the more wisdom one has the more capable they of discerning. And seeing humans have a limited wisdom our ability to discern will also be limited

Logical. Agreed! :)

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See nobody has any supernatural stories.

I can tell you ghost stories... at the Puente Hills mall in Calif. I know people get doomed to that bodiless world. It must be horrible not to be able to touch yourself.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Most people don't hear the devil in their head but people with problems do. You @brian100 need to seek medical help at this point

Im not too sure but i think when @brian100 says "devils talking in your head" he might be talking about our thoughts.

But actually hearing and seeing things, were stepping into the realm of hallucination.
Easy to pass off as "mental illness" but this field of science is in its infancy and can be very subjective.
Their drugs are seriously very dangerous.

They diagnosed me with depression because i was depressed at that time but there is a difference. Everyone gets depressed at some time, your not human if u haven't ever been depressed, depression is something much more.
So they gave me this medication that block serotonin. LSD works the same way.
Anyway i had two sleep hallucinations (look it up). One was of an old man beside my bed and the next night it was a blue orb in the air of my bedroom (not dreams, trusty me)... Its hard to describe the feeling. Both times i ran out of my room screaming, intense shock and fright. The old man was sitting on the chair and appeared to be reaching for the bible, was it God? The blue orb of light, was it a spirit? One could easily come to these conclusions. Fact is but when i stopped taking that medication i stopped having sleep hallucinations. Drugs weren't the remedy to me feeling down at the time, God was.

So, hallucinations. Devine? Demonic? Mental cause? Drug cause? Discernment can be tricky indeed

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is more than one way to translate the word usually translated as "discerning." It can also mean "judging." Not everyone has the authority to "judge" angels at the present time; but I think anyone with the Holy Spirit should be able to tell the difference between the angelic and the demonic. If someone can't tell the difference for himself between the angelic and the demonic, how could he know if his minister had the Holy Spirit or the spirit of antichrist?

Not sure if anyone responded to this, Giuliano, but the difference is that not all Christians can even discern if a spirit is at work or not, i.e. they don't even know there is a situation where two spirits have to be "judged" or discerned between. So in that sense, it is a unique spiritual gift, of not just discerning between spirits but discerning the existence and operation of spirits to begin with.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah.. when people say I never had a bad thought in my life I get all cringy. That's why you hear 'I never knew he was like that' ... in the news people.

These people say to everyone I'm normal and nothing is wrong. Those are the people to keep a distance on.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

If someone can fool me into thinking he's a godly person and I find out later he's not, I search my own conscience. I must have been shutting off my conscience somehow. What about my makeup that blinded my eyes? I tell you from experience that I have wished to overlook weaknesses in other people because I secretly felt I'm the same way. I should have known better but blinded myself to the situation. I didn't want to see it in myself, so I didn't see it in him. As the saying goes, "You can't cheat an honest man." If someone cheats me, I ask what is wrong with me?

Slightly different issue. Here Paul is specifically talking about men, not spirits. We are all called and given the ability, if we will listen to the leading of the Spirit, to discern a false teacher from a true one.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul is not Jesus.

Its shocking to put all that trust in Paul when you had learned he beat up on Christ's church.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im not too sure but i think when @brian100 says "devils talking in your head" he might be talking about our thoughts.

But actually hearing and seeing things, were stepping into the realm of hallucination.
Easy to pass off as "mental illness" but this field of science is in its infancy and can be very subjective.
Their drugs are seriously very dangerous.

They diagnosed me with depression because i was depressed at that time but there is a difference. Everyone gets depressed at some time, your not human if u haven't ever been depressed, depression is something much more.
So they gave me this medication that block serotonin. LSD works the same way.
Anyway i had two sleep hallucinations (look it up). One was of an old man beside my bed and the next night it was a blue orb in the air of my bedroom (not dreams, trusty me)... Its hard to describe the feeling. Both times i ran out of my room screaming, intense shock and fright. The old man was sitting on the chair and appeared to be reaching for the bible, was it God? The blue orb of light, was it a spirit? One could easily come to these conclusions. Fact is but when i stopped taking that medication i stopped having sleep hallucinations. Drugs weren't the remedy to me feeling down at the time, God was.

So, hallucinations. Devine? Demonic? Mental cause? Drug cause? Discernment can be tricky indeed

Very true

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What good are prophets doing? Even if they foretell things correctly, what good does that do? Why are people so curious about the future?

How long do you have? LoL. Prophecy is ordained of God to forewarn and forearm the people of God with knowledge of what the enemy is doing in advance, so they can thwart his plans and be prepared in advance for the strategies he will use to undermine the work of God in their lives. That's a basic summation. To go through specific instances - both from scripture and personal experience - would take weeks and weeks of discussion.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me, I got to see a Luke person, and he was real people like you see everyday. One of my biggest fears was believing I would be cursed to a bodiless spirit... I don't want that. I want real. The only way I could tell he was a messenger of God was when he dangled a pearl rosary at me. When I saw him we were always alone... saw him 3x. I'm not sure if God speeds up time to light speed or what so we could be alone.

Brain, I'm going to catch up on your posts, but a word of caution here: Many Christians who reject dreams often do so to their own detriment. Often the Lord is trying to warn them about something, and because they reject what He is saying they do not take the time to properly interpret what is being said.

This dream was a warning. I will get to more of it later as I catch up on some of the other posts.

God bless.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke was real.. so real he mailed me a post card from Europe.

luke2.jpg

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you see the problem with this? If a Catholic Bishop cannot tell if someone is possessed or mentally ill, it means the Bishop can't detect demons when they are present. Then I have to ask if that Bishop can tell if someone has the Holy Spirit or not.

Can Bishops tell if someone is with the Holy Spirit? Good question, i don't know

I can only speak from what i know of the RCC procedure for exorcisms. I've watched a few things on exorcisms and a bishop said that he can easily know if there is a demon by saying something provocative and observing the response.

But it's part of the RCC procedure that it must first be cleared by doctors. I question weather this is the right move but, trying drugs first, especially if the priest knows.

Do believe that the ordained ministers of the RCC do exorcisms? Or do u think they are fake?
If you acknowledge that they can drive out demons with the power of God, would that show that God is still with the RCC?

God has not abandoned the RCC nor has he abandoned any church that worships Him or anyone who has Him in their hearts

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my opinion anyone who professes the Lord Jesus is a prophet

Hey, Waiting. I know you don't mean that like some would take it, but my personal opinion is that this line of thinking is precisely the problem. There are a whole lot of Christians out there assuming they are one when they're not. It is a supernatural gift, and the definition of what a true prophet is should never be watered down. It leads to everyone saying everything "in the name of the Lord."

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone have any stories? I'm getting bored on this topic as the only one. I have nobody to impress here.