The Supernatural, paranormal and the artificial

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5:17-18 KJV
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. [18] For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

What do you guys believe the word fullfil here means?

Reactions: Giuliano

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
verb
verb: fulfil
  1. 1.
    bring to completion or reality; achieve or realize (something desired, promised, or predicted).
Here, I'll help for those who would rather assign to fantasy.

Reactions: Giuliano

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
im justified through baptism and only get saved after i die.
So that question is one id like to hear other people answer actually.

That is your church's teaching NOT understanding Scripture.

How can you be sure your "born again moment" is genuine?

Romans 8:16-17 reads:

16) "The spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17) "And if children, then heirs: heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ: if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together."

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: Waiting on him

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was by design. It goes without saying.
It shouldn't. There are a lot of fictional stories about people defeating Satan by their own efforts. Christians can be deceived by these stories if they are not careful.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys are not talking to a bible thumper who gets all his answers from the bible. I use my own brain on everything when I investigate things.

I have seen so much paranormal / supernatural I could write a book!

That is your problem. In essence God wrote the Bible by His inspiration using human authors and you have a very low view of something God Himself has ordained. You hate the Bible, the Church, and everything God gave us to help in our walk with Him, you have no foundation. Don't tell me you have a brain because that doesn't cut it, we all got brains and we know enough not to go by ourselves. Do you really think God did all that just so you can say "I go my brain" in essence your telling God not to help you.

Reactions: theophilus

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And besides Paul aint God.

He was some guy who persecuted God's church.

You don't much do you. St. Paul did not persecute God's Church, Saul did. He had conversion experience and turned to God and God used St. Paul mightily to advance His Church and God made Paul an Apostle of His Son. Your brain isn't really doing you any good in this area.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It shouldn't. There are a lot of fictional stories about people defeating Satan by their own efforts.

In the future, I suppose I have to quote the whole passage.

Christians can be deceived by these stories if they are not careful.

If one is a child of God, he can NEVER be deceived by Satan or anyone, because greater is He that is in the believer than he that is in the world.

To God Be The Glory

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is your church's teaching NOT understanding Scripture

That teaching was the accepted interpretation of scripture for all Christians for 1,500 years before the Protestant reformation

U answered my question with a bible passage that doesn't address it. So i ask you to please respond in your own words
How can you be sure that your "born again moment" is genuine?
And can u please describe your "born again moment"?

Reactions: historyb

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't much do you. St. Paul did not persecute God's Church, Saul did. He had conversion experience and turned to God and God used St. Paul mightily to advance His Church and God made Paul an Apostle of His Son. Your brain isn't really doing you any good in this area.

Yeah I don't know him. . I'll order the movie on Netflix and try to understand him. Ack dang it I just turned it off. I only see Paul as church divider guy now. I hope I can get to know who he was..

But I don't see a need when I have Jesus. I can't seem to understand Paul.

Back to Ghosts.. I have ssen a couple events at the Puente Hills Mall, CALIF, Chairs flipping over.. people running like crazy. Ghost can see me I think.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah I don't know him. . I'll order the movie on Netflix and try to understand him

I highly recommend "Paul the Apostle" (2000). It was a mini series.

v1.bTsxMTM1NTQ5NTtqOzE4NTM2OzEyMDA7MTUxNzsyMTA2

I only see Paul as church divider guy now

Sorry but that is wrong. What makes u think that anyway?
Paul is the opposite of that, he is the church creator. The other apostles created a church in Jerusalem for the Jews.
Paul was called upon by Christ to take His church out to the gentiles (non-Jews).
So Paul did just that, preaching the Gospel and setting up churches all the way to Rome.

Bottom line is no Paul, no Christianity.

I hope I can get to know who he was

You will brother. Start with that film. I found it on youtube with a decent picture quality as well... Enjoy

But I don't see a need when I have Jesus

Paul takes it further. Abraham said all men should be circumcised as a covenant with God.
Then why aren't we circumcised? Jesus never spoke of it... It's Paul that introduced it, by God's word along with other things.
Paul also explains things further in his own way.

I can't seem to understand Paul

That's ok, Peter says exactly the same thing. Put the KJV aside, i personally can't stand it, it just makes everything so hard.
Grab another version; NIV, ESV, any version that is in modern English.
And if your reading skills aren't great, like mine, then listen to an Audio.

I didn't think there was much to find out after the four books of the Gospel. I read acts which was written by John i think.
Then Romans blew me away along with the rest of his epistles. I love the language and style that Paul uses.

Anyway I hope u pursue that knowledge, it's well worth it...

God Bless

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I highly recommend "Paul the Apostle" (2000). It was a mini series.

v1.bTsxMTM1NTQ5NTtqOzE4NTM2OzEyMDA7MTUxNzsyMTA2

Sorry but that is wrong. What makes u think that anyway?
Paul is the opposite of that, he is the church creator. The other apostles created a church in Jerusalem for the Jews.
Paul was called upon by Christ to take His church out to the gentiles (non-Jews).
So Paul did just that, preaching the Gospel and setting up churches all the way to Rome.

Bottom line is no Paul, no Christianity.

You will brother. Start with that film. I found it on youtube with a decent picture quality as well... Enjoy

Paul takes it further. Abraham said all men should be circumcised as a covenant with God.
Then why aren't we circumcised? Jesus never spoke of it... It's Paul that introduced it, by God's word along with other things.
Paul also explains things further in his own way.

That's ok, Peter says exactly the same thing. Put the KJV aside, i personally can't stand it, it just makes everything so hard.
Grab another version; NIV, ESV, any version that is in modern English.
And if your reading skills aren't great, like mine, then listen to an Audio.

I didn't think there was much to find out after the four books of the Gospel. I read acts which was written by John i think.
Then Romans blew me away along with the rest of his epistles. I love the language and style that Paul uses.

Anyway I hope u pursue that knowledge, it's well worth it...

God Bless

Great movie and if you got a streaming thing live Apple TV, ROKU, Fire Stick than you can get TUBI app and see the movie fr free it is stuck in my favorites :) I have studied a lot about St. Paul and there is still more to learn. He had a thorn in the flesh as do I with my disability

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Great movie and if you got a streaming thing live Apple TV, ROKU, Fire Stick than you can get TUBI app and see the movie fr free it is stuck in my favorites

The youtube video i posted above is the whole movie. And u can download it, i did...;)

He had a thorn in the flesh as do I with my disability

Id imagine everyone would find something in common with Paul.
That passage about the thorn in his flesh resonates with me too. I believe it's the cross I must carry.
Paul often talks about his spiritual war against the temptations of the evil one. I can relate
Paul used to persecute Christ. I can relate. When i was an atheist i persecuted Him in my heart.

When i was in prison my favourite bible passage was in 2 Corinthians 11 where Paul talks about all the punishment, pain and suffering he endured. I related to the fact that i was in jail and hadn't committed a crime. But i was only in there for a few weeks. Paul's pain and suffering makes my visit seem like a vacation, and he does it in the name of Christ and kept preaching again and again and again despite all that.

Paul is a warrior, he inspires me, i love Paul

Reactions: historyb

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah thanks.. I might buy the recent DVD on him.. but I'm not replacing him as Jesus.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great movie and if you got a streaming thing live Apple TV, ROKU, Fire Stick than you can get TUBI app and see the movie fr free it is stuck in my favorites :) I have studied a lot about St. Paul and there is still more to learn. He had a thorn in the flesh as do I with my disability

Sorry, I do not watch movies to get truth. I read the Bible.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: Joseph77

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah thanks.. I might buy the recent DVD on him.. but I'm not replacing him as Jesus.

Off course we can't replace Christ with anyone else...

I didn't like the latest film of Paul... It's set after the events in the bible when his an old man in prison.

There's a film that has the first part covering Johns gospel and the second part continues into the book of Acts.
Thats good too cos it links up Jesus and all the apostles just like it does in the bible.
But that film i linked is my favourite one of Paul anyway

Last edited: