The "temple of God"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's been plenty of men's false doctrine pushing by the reinvigorating teachers of the old Reformation doctrines of the 15th-16th centuries that failed, with the early Protestants thinking the pope was antichrist, and the Roman church as the beast kingdom of Rev.13. Thing is, what those early Protestants believed about the pope as antichrist didn't happen.

And one of their pet false doctrines is the vain idea that the 2 Thess.2:4 "temple of God" that the coming Antichrist is to sit in represents Christ's Church.

2 Thess 2:3-4
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped;
so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
KJV

Hippolytus of the 2nd century Church fathers understood that "temple of God" to mean a STONE TEMPLE in Jerusalem.

He was right, because per Apostle Paul in Ephesians 2, Christ's spiritual temple has Lord Jesus Christ as its Cornerstone, and His prophets and Apostles as its original foundation. Even Apostle Peter reveals that those in Christ also are part of it as 'lively stones' (1 Peter 2:5).

That means, for a false one to sit in the 'spiritual temple', they first would have to corrupt Lord Jesus Christ and His prophets and Apostles That is actually how idiotic their doctrine is with saying Paul's "temple of God" means Christ's Church.

No, it means a STONE TEMPLE in Jerusalem for the end, a temple of the Jewish type of history. A 3rd stone temple. Today's Jews already have the materials ready to build it, even with its cornerstone already cut.

A standing stone Jewish temple in Jerusalem is REQUIRED to fulfill Bible prophecy in the Book of Daniel for the 'end' of this world. There are many that confuse what the "abomination of desolation" actually means per Scripture so as to hide the fact that another Jewish stone temple is required for the end.

Lord Jesus in Matthew 24 and Mark 13 quoted from Daniel about the "abomination of desolation", marking that event for the very end during the "great tribulation" time. The Book of Daniel, specifically Daniel 11, defines its events about the coming Antichrist for the end stopping daily sacrifices in Jerusalem, and instead placing an idol abomination in the temple there in Jerusalem.

Now those pushing the old Reformer's failed ideas, et al, like to try and disguise what I just said that can be confirmed by study in Daniel 9:27 and Daniel 11 about the "vile person" and the "abomination that maketh desolate" which Jesus quoted for the 'end' of this world. So per Daniel, here are the events to mark and remember that MUST happen to fulfill that "abomination of desolation" prophecy...

1. a 3rd Jewish temple must be built by the orthodox Jews in today's Jerusalem. (Today, even some Islamic clerics are agreeing that the Jews in Jerusalem have always had a stone temple, showing they support the actual return of a Jewish temple in Jerusalem. The Jewish Sanhedrin in Jerusalem formed up again over a decade ago.)

2. temple worship and animal sacrifices in Jerusalem by unbelieving Jews must be going on.

3. the appearance of the false-Messiah which the unbelieving Jews will setup as their Messiah in Jerusalem. He will make the "league" of Daniel 11:21-23 with "a small people" (a small group of orthodox Jews in Jerusalem). That "league" represents the establishing of the 'covenant' of Daniel 9:27. He will enter into power at Jerusalem using peace. That covenant, or league, is to be for 7 years. The first half will involve the rebuilding of the 3rd temple and start up of temple worship again with daily sacrifices. The orthodox Jews still believe they are under the old covenant today, and need a stone temple to properly worship, and still await Messiah's 1st coming.

4. the false-Messiah, after the first 1260 days of that 7 year period, will end... the daily sacrifices in Jerusalem, and instead place the "abomination that maketh desolate" (Daniel 11:31). That idol will be the "image of the beast" we are warned about in Revelation 13:14-15. Per Christ's Olivet discourse, that will begin the time of "great tribulation" for the end.

5. just as Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, did in Daniel's days with making a gold idol image of himself demanding that all bow to it and worship it or be killed, the final Antichrist-false-Messiah will do the same with that "image of the beast" idol he will setup.

If you are still living when those events happen, know that you are in the time of "great tribulation", and Lord Jesus' return will be just around the corner, so refuse... to bow to that "image of the beast" and refuse his mark, for it will only be for a short time to wait on Jesus to come.
Again you push another gospel which is against the scriptures and Christ, for it is written:

But He was speaking of the temple of His body.

@Enoch111 The temple is all a parable pointing to Christ. Always has been.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr E

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Robert Gwin

Are you a Jehovah witness?
If so do you believe in a second coming of Christ to redeem his saints?
Do you believe in heaven as our place of inheritance from life into immortality?

Please straight answers, no deflection. Thanks.
Yes I am one of Jehovah's witnesses
I believe Christ is coming to save the remainder of his saints Mat 24:22, 1 Thes 4:17
I believe those saints will reside in heaven and given immortality.

Thanks for asking me, and for asking for point blank answers maam. My apologies if you are a sir, your name seems female. Bob

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again you push another gospel which is against the scriptures and Christ, for it is written:

@Enoch111 The temple is all a parable pointing to Christ. Always has been.
I DECLARE THE WORD OF GOD as written.

The false idea that Apostle Paul's "temple of God" means Christ's Church is A BLASPHEMOUS DOCTRINE.

Christ's Church cannot be corrupted by any man, nor by any spirit; those who fall away are simply CUT OFF from Christ's Spiritual Church. And you'd think deceived folks like you would have enough understanding to know better.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's been plenty of men's false doctrine
It does seem like it, but there’s actually just been thoughts & beliefs.
The path is noticing this, and the alignment and inevitable recognition therein

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I am one of Jehovah's witnesses
This is blasphemy as well. That which is infinite is not witnessed.

I believe Christ is coming to save the remainder of his saints Mat 24:22, 1 Thes 4:17
I believe those saints will reside in heaven and given immortality.

Thanks for asking me, and for asking for point blank answers maam. My apologies if you are a sir, your name seems female. Bob
Nothing wrong with beliefs though!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Know thy self.
That phrase of course is NOT WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE.

That "know thyself" phrase is a favorite saying by Occultists. It is associated with their Mysticism of trying to penetrate God's Heavenly realm by first studying oneself, doing Eastern meditation, chanting vowel sounds, etc.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The false idea that Apostle Paul's "temple of God" means Christ's Church is A BLASPHEMOUS DOCTRINE.

Christ's Church cannot be corrupted by any man, nor by any spirit; those who fall away are simply CUT OFF from Christ's Spiritual Church. And you'd think deceived folks like you would have enough understanding to know better.

Not even close. You think the temple of God is a building of stone built by human hands in Jerusalem? Do you even have a new testament?

That's not what Jesus taught.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That "know thyself" phrase is a favorite saying by Occultists. It is associated with their Mysticism of trying to penetrate God's Heavenly realm by first studying oneself, doing Eastern meditation, chanting vowel sounds, etc.
No one said it was.

Know thy self.

The belief in occultists isn’t experienced here. I wouldn’t even know what “they” are.

Know thy self.

Inspect, scientifically, what The Bible actually is - what it’s made of.
Triple dog dare.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one said it was.

Know thy self.

The belief in occultists isn’t experienced here. I wouldn’t even know what “they” are.

Know thy self.

Inspect, scientifically, what The Bible actually is - what it’s made of.
Triple dog dare.
Then deem yourself as just having been educated.

And your last statement is MORE of the Occultist's style secularist anti-Bible rhetoric.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It was Socrates. If you think Socrates was a mystic occultist, you know nothing of history and have little awareness of philosophy, never mind Western understanding that became the basis for our culture, government and society as a whole which you live in.

You're demonstrating a complete lack of awareness.

Maybe you are trying to throw a blanket on what was preserved in the Gospel of Thomas which quotes Jesus as saying-

When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was Socrates. If you think Socrates was a mystic occultist, you know nothing of history and have little awareness of philosophy, never mind Western understanding that became the basis for our culture, government and society as a whole which you live in.

You're demonstrating a complete lack of awareness.

Maybe you are trying to throw a blanket on what was preserved in the Gospel of Thomas which quotes Jesus as saying-

When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."
Socrates was EXECUTED for CORRUPTING THE YOUNG of his day, PUSHING OCCULTISM.

It's the SECULAR HUMANIST world that keeps trying to prop Socrates up when he was actually a rascal with false philosophies that he believed and taught.

I studied Greek philosophy many years ago, so I'm not a little baby on such matters.

And The Gospel of Thomas is pseudographia (false works), NOT Bible Scripture!

I guess next you'll be trying to preach about the Occultist's mythical missing 18 years of Jesus' early life, where the Occultists try to say Jesus went and studied with the philosophers in Greece, and Egypt, etc., as if they could teach Jesus! That LIE is so OBVIOUS a fake pump up by Occultists, it's funny!

So is the LIE that Jesus Christ was one of yal Occultists! As if Jesus The Christ would have to bow down to men like you fakes!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Socrates was EXECUTED for CORRUPTING THE YOUNG of his day, PUSHING OCCULTISM.

It's the SECULAR HUMANIST world that keeps trying to prop Socrates up when he was actually a rascal with false philosophies that he believed and taught.

I studied Greek philosophy many years ago, so I'm not a little baby on such matters.

And The Gospel of Thomas is pseudographia (false works), NOT Bible Scripture!

I guess next you'll be trying to preach about the Occultist's mythical missing 18 years of Jesus' early life, where the Occultists try to say Jesus went and studied with the philosophers in Greece, and Egypt, etc., as if they could teach Jesus! That LIE is so OBVIOUS a fake pump up by Occultists, it's funny!

So is the LIE that Jesus Christ was one of yal Occultists! As if Jesus The Christ would have to bow down to men like you fakes!

Go have some tea and simmer down.

Go brush up on some history if you want to comment on it. The charge against Socrates was refusing to recognize the gods recognized by the state, and of introducing new divinities, (impiety) and corrupting the youth-- by teaching them such ideas.

As examples, Socrates taught the youth that the sun and moon were not to be considered gods, but merely masses of stone. Such were his teaching crimes. Athens had a great many gods, and to speak against any of them was to speak against all of them. Socrates at his trial, said things like "Men of Athens, I honor and love you; but I shall obey God rather than you, and while I have life and strength I shall never cease from the practice and teaching of philosophy."

Maybe you should look into what philosophy is. He was convicted of asking questions.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
‘Know thy self’ is not a suggestion to conceptualize, philosophize, or believe anything.
It’s the same as saying ‘Know The Truth’.

There is no “SECULAR HUMANIST world”. There is one world, and not even.

There aren’t “false philosophies”. Philosophy is philosophy. It’s like thoughts, none of it is true or false.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You have no such authority.

But that you might know the truth, here again are the scriptures that show you to be wrong in your declaration above:

For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones.​

I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church.

But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.​

The consequence of whether or not you now repent or reject the truth, only effects you.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not going to cover FALSE PSEUDOGRAPHIA WORKS. They are a WASTE of time.

I suggest you return your copy back to the New Age bookstore where you got it.
If you haven’t actually experienced it how are you so sure what it is?
I don’t have a copy, I just now read it online, thanks.
Still not sure what you mean by “new age”.