• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
waste your time, if you choose , dedicating your life to Performance , as opposed to God’s Way which is Grace Plus Nothing
God's way of what? If it is God's way of salvation, fine, agreed. But if it is God's way of Christian conduct we're talking about it would feature the ten commandments prominently. Frankly, I don't see how people in their twilight years can condone something that was never even suggested 50 or so years ago.

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not being deceitful.
I don't believe you would intentionally deceive anyone. I simply do not believe it. But if one deceives unintentionally or mistakenly, someone has still nevertheless been deceived.
I know you believe that we are to still keep the Old Covenant, especially the Sabbath, by the Spirit now, but that is not the case, except to you.
Do you think that I think we should still keep unbelief?
That is why you don't like stressing the obvious.
Perhaps what seems obvious is not the point at all.
It changes your understanding, but not mine.
Changing emphasis changes meaning, regardless of what we perceive. I can't help that.
The Sabbath was the sign of the Old Covenant.
No, it was a sign between God and Israel that He was their God, and they, His people. We are spiritual Israel, otherwise, we couldn't be His people. This is taught plainly in Scripture.
The New Covenant has it's own sign, making void the old sign.
Sure, if there were an old covenant sign, or if it even mattered. Fact is the Sabbath is right in the midst of the moral code. Men have sought to take it out. But it will not stand.
If you want to keep the old sign as well, fine.
There is no old sign. Only the seal of sanctification.
God honors you for it, and your beliefs makes it a sin to do otherwise.
Thank you.
I understand that and do not fault you in any way for it.
Thank you.
But the actual truth is so much more glorious in ways you can't even imagine.
Oops, I guess you do kinda fault me for it, then.
There are worse things than for you to want to keep the Old Covenant law.
No, that would be pretty bad. I would be denying Christ's sacrifice.
There are those who stress so much not being under the law, that they have become lawless.
Antinomianists, we call them.
That is neither the Old Covenant, nor the New Covenant.
Absolutely agreed
Do you even believe there IS a New Covenant?
Sure!
O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! (Deuteronomy 5:29)
Or have you just added Jesus to the Old Covenant and there it remains?
Added Jesus to unbelief?

Look, I believe there are old and new covenants in principle, but not as in dispensational eras, as though there were two different ways to be saved. Salvation is by grace through faith. The over-emphasis that is Covenant Theology leads to an unbalanced view of the atonement process and chronology, so I oppose it in theory. Covenants are a spiritual condition, not a dispensational era. New Covenant Theology is what God has been trying to impress upon the human race since its inception, in one way or another. How could anyone who had to witness the blood bath of the Sanctuary have had peace without it? :)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good luck with your religion...
Good luck with your "Paulianity." I hope you get to meet him someday. I hope you don't have much to apologize for. As if there were no other Bible writers. It gets old. Watching folks use Paul's rich and bounteous work as a club to whack over the head of the obedient. Paul's writings are the easiest ones to twist because he so often wrote over the heads of the "wise." This is why Christ warned that we must be as little children or we cannot see the kingdom of God. But we ignore warnings and seek license to satisfy our sin-loving hearts.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good luck with your "Paulianity." I hope you get to meet him someday. I hope you don't have much to apologize for. As if there were no other Bible writers. It gets old. Watching folks use Paul's rich and bounteous work as a club to whack over the head of the obedient. Paul's writings are the easiest ones to twist because he so often wrote over the heads of the "wise." This is why Christ warned that we must be as little children or we cannot see the kingdom of God. But we ignore warnings and seek license to satisfy our sin-loving hearts.

“Paulianity” would be equal to “Jesusanity” Because Paul never wrote anything that did not come from Jesus Himself....If Paul said it— Jesus said it.Even Peter said as much, even though it took him a while to understand that.
Perhaps you have a “ sin- loving heart” , and that’s why you can’t understand Grace.....you just can’t imagine being set free from the chains of Legalism without automatically thinking one’s reaction would be to go out and sin up a storm! You don’t understand Grace because you do not have it .Its a paradox you have to live in order to understand—— I am free to do what ever I want to do.The Second I understood that was the very same second I did not “ want” to sin anymore.We ALL do what we want to do in the end.....that is why God changes our “ wants”. It’s that “ Inside Of the Cup” thing that you are probably oblivious to.Here is the Truth that you and your ilk will never understand — “ Love God and live as you please....”

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe you would intentionally deceive anyone. I simply do not believe it. But if one deceives unintentionally or mistakenly, someone has still nevertheless been deceived.

Correct, and that goes both ways between us, doesn't it?

Do you think that I think we should still keep unbelief?

The Old Covenant wasn't unbelief to those under it and keeping it.

Perhaps what seems obvious is not the point at all.

It is not that hard to understand. It is plainly written, not like some of his other chapters.

Changing emphasis changes meaning, regardless of what we perceive. I can't help that.

It is plainly written about the New Covenant.

Sure, if there were an old covenant sign, or if it even mattered. Fact is the Sabbath is right in the midst of the moral code. Men have sought to take it out. But it will not stand.

It is right in the middle of the Old Covenant, yes. But it is not one of the last six, being the moral code. The moral code is what we do to each other, otherwise called the royal law.

James 2:8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well

Antinomianists, we call them.

Yes, that's what I call them too, brother! :)

But we ignore warnings and seek license to satisfy our sin-loving hearts.

Yes, antinomians

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Paulianity” would be equal to “Jesusanity” Because Paul never wrote anything that did not come from Jesus Himself....If Paul said it— Jesus said it.Even Peter said as much, even though it took him a while to understand that.
Perhaps you have a “ sin- loving heart” , and that’s why you can’t understand Grace.....you just can’t imagine being set free from the chains of Legalism without automatically thinking one’s reaction would be to go out and sin up a storm! You don’t understand Grace because you do not have it .Its a paradox you have to live in order to understand—— I am free to do what ever I want to do.The Second I understood that was the very same second I did not “ want” to sin anymore.We ALL do what we want to do in the end.....that is why God changes our “ wants”. It’s that “ Inside Of the Cup” thing that you are probably oblivious to.Here is the Truth that you and your ilk will never understand — “ Love God and live as you please....”
Nice swerve and judgment. I guess my ilk is just not in the loop. I might as well just give up, the way you present it.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are “ Dead” to the Law......fittingly so, as Paul called the Law out as “ weak and useless”.....waste your time, if you choose , dedicating your life to Performance , as opposed to God’s Way which is Grace Plus Nothing .....God’s “ Power to Save” is contained in Pauls Gospel found in 1cor15:1-4......Christianity 101..... You are stuck in the Damnable Man- Made Combo Of Judaism with a little bit Of Jesus attached to it.....let’s call it “ Juda-Anity”........ Good luck with your religion...

The problem with the Old Covenant law, was not the law which was holy, but that it had to be kept by our flesh, which was corrupt because of sin. You are using "fighting words." Jesus condemned sin in the flesh. In other words, he killed the source of our sin, our old nature, giving us a new nature with the moral laws of God written on our hearts.

cc: @BarnyFife and @GerhardEbersoehn

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct, and that goes both ways between us, doesn't it?
You betcha, Sister!
The Old Covenant wasn't unbelief to those under it and keeping it.
Isn't unbelief what kept them from entering into Canaan? The vast majority of the Israelites could not lower themselves to be changed in their hearts so that they could fulfill God's requirements. The old covenant was not based on law but on half-hearted, human promises to keep the law.
It is right in the middle of the Old Covenant, yes. But it is not one of the last six, being the moral code. The moral code is what we do to each other, otherwise called the royal law.

James 2:8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well
I don't know if it is meant to, but this sounds an awful lot like the "new humanism" Pope Francis is selling right now.

Don't you think it is immoral to take God's name in vain, Have other Gods before Him, or bow down to idols? (rhetorical question, I trust) Is there not a right and wrong way to conduct ourselves toward God? Do you think James thought the "royal law" was without duty to God?
It is right in the middle of the Old Covenant, yes. But it is not one of the last six, being the moral code.
You honestly believe the ten commandments alone constitute the old covenant?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice swerve and judgment. I guess my ilk is just not in the loop. I might as well just give up, the way you present it.

Don’t give up.....pray that God grant you “ eyes to see” and enable you to “ Rightly Divide “ His Word....I don’t think you are Lost....I DO KNOW you Walk Of Faith is a Crippled One.....I post so that Newbies wont go down your Road.....it really is “Nothing But The Blood”...You Add to That to your own detriment....The “ Abundant Life” Jesus spoke Of can be had —- REST in His Finished Work —- REST in the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4.....

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't unbelief what kept them from entering into Canaan? The vast majority of the Israelites could not lower themselves to be changed in their hearts so that they could fulfill God's requirements. The old covenant was not based on law but on half-hearted, human promises to keep the law.

How could they change their hearts when that was not in their nature? Only the Holy Spirit of Christ can literally change our hearts. The Old Covenant, all of it, not just sacrifices, was only meant to guard them UNTIL Christ came to change our nature to that of the divine.

I don't know if it is meant to, but this sounds an awful lot like the "new humanism" Pope Francis is selling right now.

Don't you think it is immoral to take God's name in vain, Have other Gods before Him, or bow down to idols? (rhetorical question, I trust) Is there not a right and wrong way to conduct ourselves toward God? Do you think James thought the "royal law" was without duty to God?

I'm not Catholic so I don't know what their pope says. But the laws regarding each other were all that Jesus preached on, changing them to what was really expected, even though they could do nothing to keep His deeper commandments until they were filled with His own power to do so. That wouldn't come until Pentecost.

You honestly believe the ten commandments alone constitute the old covenant?

Do you honestly believe they are not part of the Old Covenant? You don't like Covenant Theology, but know this. Nothing changes in a Covenant until the Covenant itself ends. It is all or nothing. Not a jot or a tittle. So if you keep the Ten Commandments, you must still sacrifice and keep the festivals. You can't pick and choose.

Without the Ten Commandments, God doesn't leave us lawless. They were introduced because of sin. They were meant to show us our sin to bring us to the ONE who could solve the sin problem. Even though they had the 10C they still couldn't love their neighbor with all their heart. But with the eternal law that the 10C were fashioned after, but just on a surface level, written on our heart we can then keep the Commandments of Jesus 1 John 3:23 to believe on Him, and love our neighbors. The Sabbath pointed to the Creator, and nothing was made that Jesus did not make. We now have Jesus, and put our faith and rest in Him. The Sabbath-day has been fulfilled.

Many Sunday keepers do not know these truths either. They call Sunday, the Sabbath. It is not just SDA's that believe in the 10C, but most every denomination.

Last edited:
Reactions: BloodBought 1953

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It (the Sabbath) is right in the middle of the Old Covenant, yes. But it is not one of the last six, being the moral code. The moral code is what we do to each other, otherwise called the royal law.

The first four Commandments mean,
1) God cannot be conceived or concluded for being,
2) God cannot be compared with any being,
3) God cannot be confused for being,
4) God cannot be mistaken for being.

The last seven Commandments mean,
4) Man must not forget it is God who made him and saved him,
5) Man must honour not himself but whom God had given honour to,
6) Man must not kill man in whose flesh God became his Life-Giver,
7) Man must not be unfaithful to his own because God is faithful to all,
8) Man must not think another’s goods is his and not God’s,
9) Man must not resent that others like himself are God’s people,
10) Man must not covet to be God or like others, like God.

The Ten Commandments is wholly about worshipping ONLY GOD.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
119587171_10208346353012684_160125708447858534_n.jpg

Can you keep these with a sin nature?