• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CL, There are no stronger laws than the ten commandments. Expansion and elucidation upon a law do not constitute a "stronger law." In fact, the two great commandments could be considered "stronger" than the ten, because Christ said they are the laws upon which the entirety of scripture hangs. :)

Where in the Ten Commandments does it say to not hate your neighbor? It only says to not murder them. That means you are still able to hate them with your heart, as long as you don't act on that hate all the way to murder.

The eternal laws of God are to LOVE God with all your heart, mind and body, and LOVE your neighbor.

See the difference? The two commandments of the New Covenant have to do with Jesus, and Him inside us. 1 John 3:23-24. Believe in Jesus and LOVE your neighbor. That can only be done through the Holy Spirit living inside us, (vs. 24). Only a new creature with a divine nature can actually and successfully keep the two eternal laws of God.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in the Ten Commandments does it say to not hate your neighbor? It only says to not murder them. That means you are still able to hate them with your heart, as long as you don't act on that hate all the way to murder.

The eternal laws of God are to LOVE God with all your heart, mind and body, and LOVE your neighbor.

See the difference? The two commandments of the New Covenant have to do with Jesus, and Him inside us. 1 John 3:23-24. Believe in Jesus and LOVE your neighbor. That can only be done through the Holy Spirit living inside us, (vs. 24). Only a new creature with a divine nature can actually and successfully keep the two eternal laws of God.
YE shall NOT hate your neighbor in your HEART , ye shall in any wise rebuke him and not allow sin upon him .
YES , by grace i read that bible for hours daily , every day for years . THERE is where it says in the law
YE shall not hate your brother in your HEART even , you better warn if he is in a sin . Lets love those bibles and read them daily .

Reactions: CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a noble effort you make, Sister, but this is why I so often have to take a break from these forums, and it never ends. I don't believe all who reject the Sabbath also reject the other 9, just as I don't believe all ten commandments detractors live with no moral code. But straw man arguments and accusations fly non-stop. I have been accused (not on this site) of persecuting and trying to force other Christians to observe the Sabbath. I assume you remember how Adventists feel about religious liberty. It is often nearly too painful to endure. I'm disabled, so my opportunities for outreach are limited. It is very difficult to maintain appropriate Christian conduct and charity under these circumstances. It is simply inevitable that you're going to run into someone like Behold who can't stop themselves from thinking out loud. If you simply flip the ignore switch on them you can be made a fool without even knowing enough to stop posting.

You just named the only Antinomian I know of on this site. He hates me. Whew! You and I are in the same boat when it comes to his hatred.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well i love all charismatic lady , but the more i love the more i be hated .
I got more names than a phone book . Anti christ , son of perdtion are some of the worst .
And why . Because by grace i love truth and i correct all who i love . but folks love men and their doctrines and many love their sin .
But though i be hated by many , i love them still . AND I rejoice in the LORD when persecuted .
By grace GOD put me in one book . THE LOVELY BIBLE . And by that grace have i read it for hours daily for years upon years daily .
THAT is why i am so often misunderstood and hated . But i pray only the forgivness of my persecutors and those who despise my soul .
BUT i bodly refuse to conform one dot to todays society and todays churches . ITS JESUS FOR ME . And i pray for all .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He us sovereign in His Universe. But He will NEVER break a Promise....” it is IMPOSSIBLE for God to tell a lie” .

And therefore, when the Lord justifies a man (declares him righteous); that man becomes truly righteous (according to 1 John 3:7).

God calls those things which be not as though they are (Romans 4:17); and in doing so He creates a new reality.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 24
3The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word. 4The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish. 5The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. (Revelation 22:14)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. (Ecclesiastes 12:13)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again,

We are given a righteousness that is apart from the law that is nevertheless attested to by the law and the prophets (Romans 3:21).

This is because we have the Holy Spirit by faith (Galatians 3:14); and thus we bear the fruit of the Spirit; against which there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23).

Therefore, we do not obtain this righteousness by attempting to obey a set of do's and don'ts; but relationship is the key.

Because we abide in the vine (Jesus Christ) and draw up nourishment from the vine (the Holy Spirit)...we do not violate any law.

Because we, in doing this, will be obedient to the leadings and promptings of the love that is shed abroad in our hearts through the Holy Ghost (Romans 5:5)...by faith alone in Jesus Christ alone.

I know that the scripture teaches that there will come a time when men shall not any longer endure sound doctrine; but will heap up for themselves teachers to tell them what their itching ears want to hear...

But as long as I am on the job, I am going to preach sound doctrine as I understand it...at the very least, I am going to seek to study to shew myself approved unto God; a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth...and to preach the things that I gather from my reading of holy scripture.

I can certainly be flawed....so I encourage the reader to be a Berean (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11) and search the scriptures daily to see whether what I am preaching is the gospel truth or some sort of lie. But I testify to you in the Spirit that I will never willingly preach to you any sort of lie....if something like that were to occur, it would be based on human error and the fact that I am flawed in my own human thinking.

Reactions: BarneyFife

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 14 makes it clear that obsession with the Sabbath “ DAY” is for “ weak” Believers....Those That are more mature in the Faith understand that it is not the “ day”, but what the day stands for is the important thing and what God really cares about—— “ Sabbathing” or RESTING in the Finished Work Of The Cross is what matters to God. It is so important to “ enter this Rest” that if you refuse to do so , God will declare you Guilty Of “ Disobedience and Unbelief”
Paul says we must endure these “ weak Believers”. Nowhere does he say that we let them rule the Church.....
There is so much that can be said right now .
For now lets focus on the what is meant by the true sabbath .
It was called a day of rest .
What DID JESUS say . COME YE all who are weak and weary , and I SHALL GIVE REST UNTO YOUR SOULS . REST .
When paul spoke of entering into rest , HE even says , HIS REST . ITS JESUS EVERYONE . ITS JESUS .
Come ye all who are weak and weary and HE shall give rest unto your souls .
As for grace . Lets take heed to what the bible actually says is grace .
Lest any man fall short of the true grace of GOD .
FOR the grace of GOD that brings salvation has appeared to all , TEACHING US to deny ungodliness
and wordly lusts , to be living Soberly , RIGHTEOUSLY and godly in this present world .
Lambs dont earn salvation . BUT if they dont truly LOVE JESUS , they aint saved either .
That too is a fact . Let us cling to JESUS and LEARN from HIM . HE ALONE IS THE ONLY HOPE ONE HAS .

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rationalizations for the abolition of the ten commandments are many, and increasingly sophisticated and conflicting, and the result is seen in the chaos which pervades western society today, especially in the U.S. The bitter fruit thus born is the cause for all of our suffering and calamity. Fire on one side; wind and water on the other. Civil unrest gets worse by the day. All because of the moral ambiguity of the Church. As we become more and more intent upon "liberty," the world sees our example and becomes more and more uninhibited. We pray less frequently and less fervently and the adversary has more free reign to level his attacks upon God's children. All of this is done in the name of Jesus. May God have mercy on us.

Reactions: Brakelite

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There may be many questions . Let no man assume . Let all here ask me any question they desire .
The answers , must be biblical . All else is but vanity . Feel free to ask me any question about what i believe .
But please dont just assume i am false . Ask .

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rationalizations for the abolition of the ten commandments are many, and increasingly sophisticated and conflicting, and the result is seen in the chaos which pervades western society today, especially in the U.S. The bitter fruit thus born is the cause for all of our suffering and calamity. Fire on one side; wind and water on the other. Civil unrest gets worse by the day. All because of the moral ambiguity of the Church. As we become more and more intent upon "liberty," the world sees our example and becomes more and more uninhibited. We pray less frequently and less fervently and the adversary has more free reign to level his attacks upon God's children. All of this is done in the name of Jesus. May God have mercy on us.
HERE is the convenant that i will make with them in those days . I WILL write my laws upon their minds and in their hearts .
IT dont sound like GOD omitted anything . Sounds like he writes it upon our hearts .
A lamb loves TRUTH . THAT IS JUST the way it is . FORGOD has placed that LOVE UPON his or her heart .
ANY love that can transgress , is not the LOVE that comes FROM GOD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All i can say is cling to JESUS . Learn the biblical JESUS WELL . LEARN the apostels well .
For many men have arisen and do deceive . Bibles open . Let the continous and steady reading of it , BEGIN .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we are not obligated to the law in any way then what does it matter if the fruit are against or for the law?
It is simply that the fruit of the Spirit doesn't violate the law.

But scripture teaches that we are not under the law (Romans 6:14), are dead to the law (Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19) and are delivered from the law.

And I believe that this is as concerning condemnation.

For we are still governed by the law from the inside (Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6; Romans 5:5).

But the effect of this does not occur by attempting to obey a set of do's and don'ts. It occurs because we have the love of God in us (Romans 5:5); which love is practical (1 John 3:17-18) and the fulfilling of the righteousness of the law within us (Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 8:4).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't suspect at all that the church prays less as we become more prosperous and self-sufficient. I certainly wasn't speaking for anyone else, personally. Seems like you would know that.
You said "we" as though you were speaking of everyone in the church.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There may be many questions . Let no man assume . Let all here ask me any question they desire .
The answers , must be biblical . All else is but vanity . Feel free to ask me any question about what i believe .
But please dont just assume i am false . Ask .
Do you have some special qualification we should be aware of? It seems you're doing enough assuming for the rest of us.