• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It was added because of transgressions, UNTIL Jesus comes to live inside us. I have Him inside me and have His divine nature. So if you are calling Jesus depraved, be careful. You sound overpowered with rage and hate in all your posts. You need Jesus.
My dear fellow mortal, you do not <<have His (God's) divine nature>>. Who on earth could deceive you so as to believe it?
And transgression of God's Law (of Ten Commandments which are ONE) has NEVER stopped with nobody mortal ever!
And Jesus who lives in sinners - mortals - lives in them by his Spirit called the "Spirit of Christ" and JESUS (whose Spirit the Holy Spirit is .. He is NOT YOUR, spirit), said, "the Spirit shall convince" exactly THOSE SINNERS in whom He lives, quote: "...OF SIN and of JUDGMENT and of Righteousness"-- CHRIST'S Righteousness, AS OPPOSED TO MORTAL SINNER'S righteousness. Yes, incomparable better than the Law written on stone, is the Holy Spirit the Law of God-- DOING THE LAW'S JOB IN THE HEARTS OF GOD'S CHILDREN! Will the Holy Spirit of God, Himself, not "CONVINCE OF SIN"?! Blasphemous thought, ban it!
But you nevertheless claim you don't need God's Law in your heart? Well now, God's Law is as indispensable as ever.

And so TYPICAL of charismatic losers, NEVER will your only reaction to the arrow of truth hitting the heart full centre, fail, <<So if you are calling Jesus depraved, be careful. You sound overpowered with rage and hate in all your posts. You need Jesus.>>

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who still have sin, but say they don't is a liar. To be cleansed of sin, one must turn to Jesus and He cleanses you of ALL past sin. Then gives you the power to maintain being a child of God. You can't apply 1 John 1:8 to a Christian. That is before Christ cleanses us in the next verse.

If the Blood Of Jesus only covers “ past” sins, I will see you in Hell, my dear lady .We ALL sin every hour of every day....you are no different than me or anybody else —- you have secret thoughts that would shame Hell itself.....speaking of “ Hell”—- who in hell do you think you are fooling ? Why not abandon this imaginary world you have created and just get your Salvation God’s Way— Grace? What you have made so complex and UnBiblical is so simple.....is it your pride That will not let you admit you sin every hour of every day or are you just blind to the Truth that even an unsaved person can see.....we are not sinners because we sin —- we sin because we are sinners, and you and the rest of the Believers are gonna need just as much of God’s Grace the day you die as you did on the day you were saved.....assuming of course, you are Saved....
It’s very late here in southern Ohio —— bedtime for BB—- the TRUE Chief Of Sinners Saved by Grace Plus Nothing......nighty night , all.....God BLESS......

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I am old and slow....lol.....BUT ...Murder and Hate “ WERE “ the same all along....it just took Jesus to point it out to people ....The difference between the two Covenants boiled down to only this—- The Old Covenant said “ DO” and the New Covenant said “ Done”......

Beautiful post. <<The difference between the two Covenants boiled down to only this—->> the <old covenant> covenanters said, “WE SHALL, WE WILL, DO”, but NEVER DID. But the New Covenant said “Done”, "done" in the Law and "done" in the Gospel and "believed by faith" Hebrews 11. "Done" by God through Jesus Christ and "believed (by grace)" 1Timothy 3:16.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Those who still have sin, but say they don't is a liar. To be cleansed of sin, one must turn to Jesus and He cleanses you of ALL past sin. Then gives you the power to maintain being a child of God. You can't apply 1 John 1:8 to a Christian. That is before Christ cleanses us in the next verse.

Charismatics are the worst of apologists. Arminius blushes in his grave, not for the heat of hell, but for the efficiency of his students.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If the Blood Of Jesus only covers “ past” sins, I will see you in Hell, my dear lady .We ALL sin every hour of every day....you are no different than me or anybody else —- you have secret thoughts that would shame Hell itself.....speaking of “ Hell”—- who in hell do you think you are fooling ? Why not abandon this imaginary world you have created and just get your Salvation God’s Way— Grace? What you have made so complex and UnBiblical is so simple.....is it your pride That will not let you admit you sin every hour of every day or are you just blind to the Truth that even an unsaved person can see.....we are not sinners because we sin —- we sin because we are sinners, and you and the rest of the Believers are gonna need just as much of God’s Grace the day you die as you did on the day you were saved.....assuming of course, you are Saved....
It’s very late here in southern Ohio —— bedtime for BB—- the TRUE Chief Of Sinners Saved by Grace Plus Nothing......nighty night , all.....God BLESS......

Thank you! Thank you! Your post comes God-sent. God bless you and be with you always.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
CL.... the issue here is that lust is desired to be interpreted as love without definition. When love is defined, whether it is love to man or love to God, people find offence .....why? because it points out their view is inadequate where the rubber hits the road.
Thumbs UP!

<<where the rubber hits the road>> In Afrikaans: Daar waar die tekkie die teer trap -- tells me my wife.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No, dear, they were replaced with stronger, deeper commandments of total love. Hate and you'll be judged!

What you are talking about is Antinomianism. No rules at all. Those of us you are debating with on here do not believe in that, so with that in mind, make other arguments than accusing us who believe in stronger laws, not no laws. That is not to say there is not one person who does believe in Antinomianism, but he is not on this thread.

No man, what your <<stronger laws, not no laws>> are, is just <talking Antinomianism>. Precisely just talking Antinomianism's HYPOCRISY AND BIGOTRY.

The irony of your sophistry, however, is, you have Ten Commandments <<replaced with stronger, deeper commandments of total love>> because one of them allegedly meant <<hate and you’ll be judged!>>

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Colossians 2:16-17
Colossians 2:16-19

12 While dead in your sins God who raised Christ from the dead forgave you all trespasses having quickened you together with Him. Nailing it to the cross and removing it altogether, Christ blotted out the damning law against us; and putting off and ruining the rulers and the authorities [of darkness 1:13], He publicly held them up to shame, triumphing over them in it. [If ye then be raised with Christ 3:1], THEN THEREFORE, don’t you let yourselves be judged and condemned by anyone (of the world 2:8, 20) in your eating and drinking or with regard to your eating and drinking of feast, whether of month’s or of Sabbaths’—all which shadows forth what soon must be, the BODY and SUBSTANCE OF CHRIST!

Let no man not holding to the Head [but] puffed up by his fleshly mind, who conceitedly meddles in what he knows nothing about (the mystery which is Christ 1:28), with his pretentious humility and angelic worship beguile you (with enticing words 2:4) of your reward.

Because holding to the Head nourishment being ministered, all the Body (of Christ’s Own 1:18) by joints and bands [of faith 2:12 Hosea 11:4; peace Ephesians 4:3; and charity Colossians 3:14], and knit together (in love 2:2), will grow with the growth of God.

"Don't you let yourselves be judged by anyone in regard to your eating and drinking of Christ the Substance of Sabbaths' Feast either Lord's Supper of month's or Sabbaths' Feast, which are but the shadow of what imminently must come for you holding to the Head, the Body growing with the growth of God Christ being the Nourishment ministered."

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Grace is divine power, because of Christ's power within us.

Grace is Divine Mercy and the Power of GOD to forgive sins by which GOD GAVE HIS SON, HIMSELF, FOR, <us>. We must be crucified with Christ and were crucified IN HIM, but we Crucify Him <within us>. Wherefore we cry out, "Lord, be merciful to me, SINNER!"

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Romans 14 makes it clear that obsession with the Sabbath “ DAY” is for “ weak” Believers....

Nothing in Romans 14 even in the KJV! I dare you! But even KJ is wrong, because the phrase some regard a day does not exist-- it's an erroneous addition.
And without it "the weak" are those who eat herbs and grass like cows with three tummies instead of the one tummy meat-eaters have.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing in Romans 14 even in the KJV! I dare you! But even KJ is wrong, because the phrase some regard a day does not exist-- it's an erroneous addition.
And without it "the weak" are those who eat herbs and grass like cows with three tummies instead of the one tummy meat-eaters have.

It seems we disagree .....

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am old and slow....lol.....BUT ...Murder and Hate “ WERE “ the same all along....it just took Jesus to point it out to people ....The difference between the two Covenants boiled down to only this—- The Old Covenant said “ DO” and the New Covenant said “ Done”......

Yes, but the Commandments were only to guard them, until Christ could give them the ability to keep the weightier level of the eternal law to Love. The 10C was kindergarten.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My dear fellow mortal, you do not <<have His (God's) divine nature>>. Who on earth could deceive you so as to believe it?
And transgression of God's Law (of Ten Commandments which are ONE) has NEVER stopped with nobody mortal ever!
And Jesus who lives in sinners - mortals - lives in them by his Spirit called the "Spirit of Christ" and JESUS (whose Spirit the Holy Spirit is .. He is NOT YOUR, spirit), said, "the Spirit shall convince" exactly THOSE SINNERS in whom He lives, quote: "...OF SIN and of JUDGMENT and of Righteousness"-- CHRIST'S Righteousness, AS OPPOSED TO MORTAL SINNER'S righteousness. Yes, incomparable better than the Law written on stone, is the Holy Spirit the Law of God-- DOING THE LAW'S JOB IN THE HEARTS OF GOD'S CHILDREN! Will the Holy Spirit of God, Himself, not "CONVINCE OF SIN"?! Blasphemous thought, ban it!
But you nevertheless claim you don't need God's Law in your heart? Well now, God's Law is as indispensable as ever.

And so TYPICAL of charismatic losers, NEVER will your only reaction to the arrow of truth hitting the heart full centre, fail, <<So if you are calling Jesus depraved, be careful. You sound overpowered with rage and hate in all your posts. You need Jesus.>>

What happens when our nature is born again?

There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.”

3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born a]">[a]again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”

5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 John 3:5-9

5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

cc: @GerhardEbersoehn

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They may appear similar, because they are both fashioned after the eternal laws of God to Love God with all your heart, mind and body, and love your neighbor. But the Ten Commandments say nothing about the Messiah, nor the deeper kind of love it takes to not hate, rather than just not murder. And the biggest thing that sets the Old Covenant laws apart from the New Covenant laws, is the power of the Holy Spirit to keep them.
But hasn't the Holy Spirit always been the source of every right impulse? And weren't the ten commandments given by the Messiah?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:16-19

12 While dead in your sins God who raised Christ from the dead forgave you all trespasses having quickened you together with Him. Nailing it to the cross and removing it altogether, Christ blotted out the damning law against us; and putting off and ruining the rulers and the authorities [of darkness 1:13], He publicly held them up to shame, triumphing over them in it. [If ye then be raised with Christ 3:1], THEN THEREFORE, don’t you let yourselves be judged and condemned by anyone (of the world 2:8, 20) in your eating and drinking or with regard to your eating and drinking of feast, whether of month’s or of Sabbaths’—all which shadows forth what soon must be, the BODY and SUBSTANCE OF CHRIST!

Let no man not holding to the Head [but] puffed up by his fleshly mind, who conceitedly meddles in what he knows nothing about (the mystery which is Christ 1:28), with his pretentious humility and angelic worship beguile you (with enticing words 2:4) of your reward.

Because holding to the Head nourishment being ministered, all the Body (of Christ’s Own 1:18) by joints and bands [of faith 2:12 Hosea 11:4; peace Ephesians 4:3; and charity Colossians 3:14], and knit together (in love 2:2), will grow with the growth of God.

"Don't you let yourselves be judged by anyone in regard to your eating and drinking of Christ the Substance of Sabbaths' Feast either Lord's Supper of month's or Sabbaths' Feast, which are but the shadow of what imminently must come for you holding to the Head, the Body growing with the growth of God Christ being the Nourishment ministered."

If that is what you believe, then believe it with all your heart.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But hasn't the Holy Spirit always been the source of every right impulse? And weren't the ten commandments given by the Messiah?

Only in the sense that the Word was spoken by the Father.

There is a difference between being influenced by the Spirit from the outside, and Him living on the inside of you and making a new nature.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....as does your remark.....
I knew you were going to come back with an "I know you are but what am I?"-type remark. Nice touch. You say you want to help people but you say things like:
Good luck with your religion...
Really inspires hope. I'm just making an observation about why you might approve of Behold's conduct. You're just engaging in one-upmanship.