• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How ridiculous can you get ... by far not as haughty as you do get.

My yoke, said Jesus, is light.

Yes, Jesus' Spirit on the inside doing all the heavy lifting makes it easy. But that is after the covenant of the Law that we had to keep in our own sin-loving weakness.

Reactions: Nancy

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I have failed and often sinned through this discussion. God forgive me.
119418832_1292232427778590_7576396668219384806_o.jpg

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BarnyFife

Can you please describe what you think is hocus-pocus-by-the-Spirit brand of law that has no strength at all. What about the Spirit is weak?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BarnyFife

Can you please describe what you think is hocus-pocus-by-the-Spirit brand of law that has no strength at all. What about the Spirit is weak?
What could possibly be weak about the Spirit? It's just that I run into so many people who seem to believe as if He casts a spell on us which makes us holy, apart from any instruction by His Word. People who are brought up civilized take civility for granted. The savage in a remote jungle has to be taught much. Sometimes the Spirit will work extraordinarily miraculous transformations, but is not the norm. If He did that all of the time, no faith would be required to believe. I think we should probably have an understanding between us that we have different views on the office of the Holy Ghost. I am not charismatic. I wish I could have the same beliefs as all my friends but if that were the case I wouldn't have many friends at all. As it is, I only have a few that believe as I do.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My dear fellow mortal, you do not <<have His (God's) divine nature>>. Who on earth could deceive you so as to believe it?

Now, you seem to be saying that the Holy Bible is a force for deception...

2Pe 1:3, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
2Pe 1:4, Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

because the phrase some regard a day does not exist-- it's an erroneous addition.

There are no additions in the kjv.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have failed and often sinned through this discussion. God forgive me.
119418832_1292232427778590_7576396668219384806_o.jpg

Huge respect, GE. @BarnyFife, this shows the power of the Holy Spirit inside us to make us bold. There will be no cowards in heaven. They do not have the Holy Spirit.

Revelation 21:8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

So many people, especially carnal men it seems, find it impossible to say they are sorry. But we have power after the Holy Spirit comes upon us.

Revelation 4:29-31
29 Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, 30 by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.”

31 And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.

Look at the difference the Spirit made in Peter who had been so cowardly, he denied Christ three times! But on the Day of Pentecost he gave a sermon after receiving the revelation from the Spirit that part of the prophecy in Joel 2 was coming to pass in their midst.

But the FIRST thing that happens that shows the evidence of being baptized in the Holy Spirit is power over sin. That is what Jesus came to do. Not to save us from punishment, but from the need for punishment - SIN. The Spirit makes us dead to sin, Romans 6:1-2, and alive in Christ's power. We are no longer in the old carnal nature called the flesh, but in the Spirit where we are no longer a slave to sin, but powerful to live in righteousness. Romans 8:9. Otherwise, those who are still carnal, and just follow a set of rules, find it hard to keep like the person struggling under the law in Romans 7:14-23. WE MUST BE BORN AGAIN! The eternal laws of God to Love God with all your heart, mind and body, and love your neighbor as yourself, is part of the divine nature that the Spirit within us leads us into partaking.

2 Peter 1:2-4 Grace is divine POWER

2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. (Free from SIN).

Reactions: Nancy

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Pe 1:3, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
2Pe 1:4, Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

jbf, always start with verse 2, because Grace is the divine power this is talking about. Not the get out of jail free card that many in the Church believe grace to be. I love this passage. Read all the way through verse 11!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I knew you were going to come back with an "I know you are but what am I?"-type remark. Nice touch. You say you want to help people but you say things like:
Really inspires hope. I'm just making an observation about why you might approve of Behold's conduct. You're just engaging in one-upmanship.

Your mistaken “ observation “ is worth exactly what I paid for it—- Nothing.
I am not trying to “ one-up” anybody ......I am trying to expose the same Damnable , Pathetic , Ignorant “ Bible Teaching” That I was exposed to for the first 30 years of my life that brought about fear and guilt and a life where Assurance in our Faith was an impossibility and the peace and true joy that Christianity was designed to give is nothing more than an elusive pipe- dream...
I was taught RELIGION , too poorly taught to know that Religion comes from Hell itself ! It was taught then as it STILL is today——- “ Sure Jesus Saves......” BUT” once you know “ that” have you gotta keep the Commandments , tithe , go to Church every Sunday , make sure you Repent Of all of your sins before you die and above all conjure up an adequate Performance so God will realize you are “ good enough” to DESERVE Heaven.It was all “ church chum” that ignorantly added to Paul’s Gospel Of Pure Grace .Paul’s Teachings we’re virtually ignored — the Entire Congregation was “ Fallen From Grace” and did not know it and did not even know what the Expression meant....most still don’t...
I have been set free from “ Religion” that says “ do” and have embraced the True Christianity that says “ DONE”, no longer carrying that oppressive weight, that Terrible burden that had me always anxious and worried about dropping into Hell because I was never sure if I was “ Worthy” enough to be Fit for Heaven.
By the Grace Of God , my eyes were opened to this Truth.....We can NEVER be and we are never “ REQUIRED” to be “ Worthy”....... We are “MADE WORTHY” by the Blood Of the LAMB— Jesus Christ .
I want others to shed the shackles of Legalism as I have and REST in the Gospel Of Grace revealed to Paul by Jesus in person ( 1Cor15:1-4) . God has COMMANDED us to REST in His Gospel and NEVER ADD to it—— with ANYTHING! There is a good reason God puts so much importance on this “ Rest”.He has known all along That this Rest in the Finished Work Of The Cross That , If Believed , assures one that their Salvation can NEVER be lost , will spur a Love for Him out of relief and gratitude that will go on to spur an Obedience that comes from the Heart —- not an obedience that only comes about because of the threat of Hell .
If you detect a little bit of anger- a little bit of a “ smart-ass” attitude in my Posts, I make-no apology for it......I am a tad bitter about the Lies I was told in Church and and I have made it my life’s Mission to see to it that those who might be examining our Faith understand what it truly is and trying my best to protect those “ Newbies” to the Christian Faith . It breaks my heart to see them get Ruined in their Walk Of Faith before they even really get started. The Damnable Leaven Of Modern-Day Judaizers has Ship- Wrecked the Faith Of too many New Believers.God HATES Leaven . So do I. When the Day arrives where those that reduce Christianity into a religion of “ Do Do This and Dont Do That” vanishes From this planet I will calm down a bit.....until that day arrives , just consider me the “ Pit Bull Against Leaven and Legalism” and I am going to continue to call it out when I see it and there’s gonna be some justifiable anger in my Posts when I detect it .Seeing Newbies ruined by the same Leaven that destroyed many of Paul’s Churches in the end ought to anger you also! In the end, the song is really true—— it’s actually “ Nothing But The Blood Of Jesus” for Salvation— go beyond that and you will have a problem with me—- AND God .

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Huge respect, GE. @BarnyFife, this shows the power of the Holy Spirit inside us to make us bold. There will be no cowards in heaven. They do not have the Holy Spirit.

Revelation 21:8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

So many people, especially carnal men it seems, find it impossible to say they are sorry. But we have power after the Holy Spirit comes upon us.

Revelation 4:29-31
29 Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, 30 by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.”

31 And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.

Look at the difference the Spirit made in Peter who had been so cowardly, he denied Christ three times! But on the Day of Pentecost he gave a sermon after receiving the revelation from the Spirit that part of the prophecy in Joel 2 was coming to pass in their midst.

But the FIRST thing that happens that shows the evidence of being baptized in the Holy Spirit is power over sin. That is what Jesus came to do. Not to save us from punishment, but from the need for punishment - SIN. The Spirit makes us dead to sin, Romans 6:1-2, and alive in Christ's power. We are no longer in the old carnal nature called the flesh, but in the Spirit where we are no longer a slave to sin, but powerful to live in righteousness. Romans 8:9. Otherwise, those who are still carnal, and just follow a set of rules, find it hard to keep like the person struggling under the law in Romans 7:14-23. WE MUST BE BORN AGAIN! The eternal laws of God to Love God with all your heart, mind and body, and love your neighbor as yourself, is part of the divine nature that the Spirit within us leads us into partaking.

2 Peter 1:2-4 Grace is divine POWER

2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. (Free from SIN).
You are possessed by a lying spirit which you mistake for the Holy Spirit of God, and if I do not tell you I would sin so help me God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not trying to “ one-up” anybody ......I am trying to expose the same Damnable , Pathetic , Ignorant “ Bible Teaching” That I was exposed to for the first 30 years of my life that brought about fear and guilt and a life where Assurance in our Faith was an impossibility and the peace and true joy that Christianity was designed to give is nothing more than an elusive pipe- dream...
I was taught RELIGION , too poorly taught to know that Religion comes from Hell itself ! It was taught then as it STILL is today——- “ Sure Jesus Saves......” BUT” once you know “ that” have you gotta keep the Commandments , tithe , go to Church every Sunday , make sure you Repent Of all of your sins before you die and above all conjure up an adequate Performance so God will realize you are “ good enough” to DESERVE Heaven.It was all “ church chum” that ignorantly added to Paul’s Gospel Of Pure Grace .Paul’s Teachings we’re virtually ignored — the Entire Congregation was “ Fallen From Grace” and did not know it and did not even know what the Expression meant....most still don’t...
I have been set free from “ Religion” that says “ do” and have embraced the True Christianity that says “ DONE”, no longer carrying that oppressive weight, that Terrible burden that had me always anxious and worried about dropping into Hell because I was never sure if I was “ Worthy” enough to be Fit for Heaven.
By the Grace Of God , my eyes were opened to this Truth.....We can NEVER be and we are never “ REQUIRED” to be “ Worthy”....... We are “MADE WORTHY” by the Blood Of the LAMB— Jesus Christ .
I want others to shed the shackles of Legalism as I have and REST in the Gospel Of Grace revealed to Paul by Jesus in person ( 1Cor15:1-4) . God has COMMANDED us to REST in His Gospel and NEVER ADD to it—— with ANYTHING! There is a good reason God puts so much importance on this “ Rest”.He has known all along That this Rest in the Finished Work Of The Cross That , If Believed , assures one that their Salvation can NEVER be lost , will spur a Love for Him out of relief and gratitude that will go on to spur an Obedience that comes from the Heart —- not an obedience that only comes about because of the threat of Hell .
If you detect a little bit of anger- a little bit of a “ smart-ass” attitude in my Posts, I make-no apology for it......I am a tad bitter about the Lies I was told in Church and and I have made it my life’s Mission to see to it that those who might be examining our Faith understand what it truly is and trying my best to protect those “ Newbies” to the Christian Faith . It breaks my heart to see them get Ruined in their Walk Of Faith before they even really get started. The Damnable Leaven Of Modern-Day Judaizers has Ship- Wrecked the Faith Of too many New Believers.God HATES Leaven . So do I. When the Day arrives where those that reduce Christianity into a religion of “ Do Do This and Dont Do That” vanishes From this planet I will calm down a bit.....until that day arrives , just consider me the “ Pit Bull Against Leaven and Legalism” and I am going to continue to call it out when I see it and there’s gonna be some justifiable anger in my Posts when I detect it .Seeing Newbies ruined by the same Leaven that destroyed many of Paul’s Churches in the end ought to anger you also! In the end, the song is really true—— it’s actually “ Nothing But The Blood Of Jesus” for Salvation— go beyond that and you will have a problem with me—- AND God .

There is in fact a purpose for all of the teaching concerning do's and don'ts from God's perspective...it is to show us that we are sinners in need of a Saviour (Romans 3:20).

Very likely the gospel was being preached to you for that first thirty years but you just didn't hear it. You were being kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which would afterwards be revealed (Galatians 3:23).

The law was a schoolmaster to lead you to Christ. But after faith came, you are no longer under a schoolmaster.

The law needs to be preached because it is the only thing that many people will understand before being saved.

They have to consistently be shown that they cannot keep it because they keep falling short.

Once a man is born again, he will consistently be obedient to the moral tenets laid out in holy scripture (1 John 3:6, 1 John 3:9).

But before he is born again, his only hope is to realize that he is a sinner in need of a Saviour...that he cannot change his skin or his spots (Jeremiah 13:23).

Only Christ can change a man so that He is obedient to the truth. Once a man is born again, he will be obedient to the truth (2 Corinthians 5:17 (kjv)).

In the thread linked to below is a Sermon by Christ wherein He set forth a requirement for all men...

If you are not born again, you cannot live up to it.

But if you are born again, it is in your very nature to be obedient to it.

The Sermon on the Mount.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Man! O man!! I think I see a true Christian. But be it far from me to flatter anyone lest I flatter myself. Persevere, good soldier for Jesus, guarding more than anything against becoming a Jesuit and not a looser of everything for His sake.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The law was a schoolmaster to lead you to Christ. But after faith came, you are no longer under a schoolmaster.

I think ... I think today I am seeing a little bit from where faltering in understanding the Gospel starts. I think I am looking at the deviation off the sure way, as I'm reading, <<The law was a schoolmaster to lead you / us to Christ. But after faith came, you / we are no longer under a schoolmaster.>> Paul presupposes his contemporaries, his readers / hearers, as being the ancient Israel; iow he identifies old and new Israel. God intended the Law - all Scripture - to lead his People to the Faith Of Christ at present just like in the past. The Law _was_ a schoolmaster then as now and as it SHOULD BE forever. Paul's readers, at the time when he wrote to them and they who read him today, must receive the Law, not as a people that never heard about the Law or whom it never concerned, but like it says in Hebrews 4, "If you hear his Voice (Christ The Word) TODAY, harden not your heart". If that is not one's attitude, it's not the Law that is become worthless, but it is one self depriving oneself of the purpose and worth of it AT ALL TIMES: To lead to Christ! Otherwise NO Scripture would be of any use or good.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I won't share the ground CL stands on for my salvation!
Then, if the ground she stands on is what saves her...your not sharing the ground that she stands on will mean that you are not saved.

If you are truly content with such a proposition, then I'm not sure that there is much hope for you; especially if @CharismaticLady is correct in her estimation of what salvation is..

Last edited:
Reactions: CharismaticLady

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be very clever if I were selling anything.
I was taught RELIGION , too poorly taught to know that Religion comes from Hell itself !
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. (James 1:27)
It seems that what James taught was from Hell itself, according to you.
I want others to shed the shackles of Legalism as I have
Yes, because anyone can look around and plainly see that the problem with the church today is legalism--too many people trying too hard to be too good. Give me a break.
There is a good reason God puts so much importance on this “ Rest”.
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. (Matthew 4:4)
He has known all along That this Rest in the Finished Work Of The Cross That , If Believed , assures one that their Salvation can NEVER be lost
Romans 11
19Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in. 20Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 21For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. 22Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Seeing Newbies ruined by the same Leaven that destroyed many of Paul’s Churches in the end ought to anger you also!
When I see people ruined by an attack of legalism, I'll get angry. Still waiting for that. How many people have you seen rescued from that, btw?