the Thousand Year Reign with Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
now, this has been bugging me a little ever since I started studying Revelation...when it comes to Revelation 20, some people believe that it's a symbolic thousand years; others believe it's a literal thousand years.For a while, I've thought that it's literal, but I've been wrong before, and a recent study has gotten me all confused on this...what do you think?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Super Kal;53592)
now, this has been bugging me a little ever since I started studying Revelation...when it comes to Revelation 20, some people believe that it's a symbolic thousand years; others believe it's a literal thousand years.For a while, I've thought that it's literal, but I've been wrong before, and a recent study has gotten me all confused on this...what do you think?
How can one have a symbolic thousand years? I heard of a symbolic Day (II Peter 3:8) because that makes thousands years literally in God's time.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
well, it goes with the fact that almost all of Revelation cannot be taken literally; I don't think Revelation is talking about literal tails of scorpions in the verse that it talks about...

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Super Kal;53594)
well, it goes with the fact that almost all of Revelation cannot be taken literally; I don't think Revelation is talking about literal tails of scorpions in the verse that it talks about...
That's true, Revelation is pretty much a symbolic book.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
so, with that in mind, part of me leads to beleive that this is also a symbolic representation of a thousand years, but another part of me keeps in mind 2 Peter 3:9, and that it's part of the prophetic week...so one is right, and one is wrong... in fact, Amillenialism is based around the symbolism of Revelation and uses that as proof that there is no thousand year reign.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Super Kal;53599)
so, with that in mind, part of me leads to beleive that this is also a symbolic representation of a thousand years, but another part of me keeps in mind 2 Peter 3:9, and that it's part of the prophetic week...so one is right, and one is wrong... in fact, Amillenialism is based around the symbolism of Revelation and uses that as proof that there is no thousand year reign.
It's a literal thousand years Melinneum Reign. Whoever said there is no Melinneum Reign is obvious has no clue what they are talking about and it is contradictary to the Word of God.II Peter 3:9, is telling us that He is not slow in keeping promises. It is just men who try to limit Him to a single human day.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Super Kal;53602)
ok, I need help here understanding it, jag... what in that verse makes it literal?
II Peter 3:9?If so...II Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.If that is the verse you are talking about.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
okay, I read that, but it still doesn't make any sense to me
sad.gif

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Super Kal;53625)
okay, I read that, but it still doesn't make any sense to me
sad.gif

God is not slow in His promises, God never intended Satan to perish also. He wanted every single of His children to come to Him and repent.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Super Kal;53635)
okay... now, where does the thousand year reign come into play?
When Christ comes back at the seventh trumpet. (I Corinthians 15:52, I Thessalonians 4:16)

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Kriss;53743)
(thesuperjag;53636)
When Christ comes back at the seventh trumpet. (I Corinthians 15:52, I Thessalonians 4:16)
Read Rev chapter 20 it tells you Satan is thrown in temporarilylocked up And the overcomers (Elect will reign and rule with Christ for 1000 years, All are bin spiritual bodies at this time.Here on earth.I know, Revelation 20:2 & Revelation 20:7 states the fact that Satan is bound for a thousand human years which is 1 Day to God.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Super Kal;53599)
When you Read Rev chapter 20 it tells you Satan is temporarily locked up And the overcomers (Elect will reign and rule with Christ for 1000 years, All are in spiritual bodies at this time.Here on earth. then he loosed for a short time. Now yes some parts of Rev are symbolic but you can not just apply that when ever something doesnt make sense there is symbology used but only when God defines it somewhere else. And He never defines this about the millenium this is a literal not symbolic. Only men say this is symbolic of a long period there is no precedence for Amillenialism, In fact God says there is nothing new under the Sun, what happened before will happen again. This statement alone tells us Amillenialism was not how scripture is to be read .

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(Super Kal;53592)
I for one believe that it’s literal; I know that not everything in the Bible should be taken literally, but I have no reason from the scriptures that the 1,000 year rule of Jesus and the saints is not literal. Those who believe that's its symbolic; what’s the reason for them believing that it is? And what do they believe it mean or is saying?

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(Super Kal;53594)
Yes a lot of what is written in it is symbolic, but we should not then act (I'm not saying that you are) as if everything that is mentioned in it is symbolic.It’s very important to rightly divide the word of truth.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
i agree... it's just when it came to that, I needed biblical proof that it was literal not not symbolic

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(Super Kal;53879)
i agree... it's just when it came to that, I needed biblical proof that it was literal not not symbolic
My understanding is that some believe that the 1,000 year is symbolic of the Church from the time it was founded to just before the return of Jesus. But this is silly because none of the apploscles ever believe that they were ruling when they were alive. In fact, there letters to the Church indicates that they knew that this was a future reality, that will take place after Jesus' return.1 Corinthians 6:2-3 (ASV) 2 Or know ye not that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world is judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more, things that pertain to this life? 1 Corinthians 4:8 (Darby) 8 Already ye are filled; already ye have been enriched; ye have reigned without us; and I would that ye reigned, that we also might reign with you.Notice in 1 Corinthians 6 speaks of shall, not are and 1 Corinthians 4 speaks of wishing/desiring that they did reigned. Was it that it meant the golden era of the Church, meaning that the Church is now ruling, one would not speak is this way. In believing this they in their mind, make the kingdom of God not a literal kingdom. Going by that argument, is Jesus a real King, or is He just another symbol of the kingdom of God?But the truth is Jesus is a real King and so will we be, and as He is sitting on His Father’s throne, we at His return will be given the right to sit with Him on His throne, ruling with Him in a real and literal kingdom on the earth.

Jake99

Jul 3, 2008
The bible is filled with literal, symbolic, hypothetical. theoreticals and only one special man knows what it actually is trying to say. He will perform miracles and fulfill prophecies like it was childs play and he will do things that make him look crazy as he gets into position to get his foot on Satans head. I highly recommend taking on the religious leaders and the judicial system as Jesus did which is the war with the government that mankind is to look for. The bible is many mens opinions and predictions it is not the word of God or Jesus, it is a guide so mankind can identify the True Christ by his words and works. Mankind must accept the Messiah who walks among them which is the most difficult task as it was 2000 years ago because the Messiah wants to change everything that mankind has become accustomed to. The simple system that will be put in place to govern the planet is so inclusive and perfect that it will never change, nor would anyone want it to. After a thousand years of the New World you could let Satan loose again and nothing would change. Mankind has been led by Satans ways and you can watch that in the News everyday. The Way that the bible speaks of will create only Good News but only one human being supports the simple system outlined in the bible and people throw stones at him, call him crazy, a madman and a blasphemer. The Messiah is not just a nice guy he is also a warrior on a mission to defeat and over power every world leader that mankind supports. Mankind will even abuse the Messiah and put him on trial in an attempt to shut him up permanently. They will lash him and humiliate him and reject him like he was the plague and yet he will remain unbound and undeterred even if his blood is shed. Mankind listens to false prophets, lawyers, soldiers and politicians today as they did when Jesus stood against them. Are you ready to destroy the moneychangers and the salesman who rule this world?

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(Jake99;54658)
The bible is filled with literal, symbolic, hypothetical. theoreticals and only one special man knows what it actually is trying to say. He will perform miracles and fulfill prophecies like it was childs play and he will do things that make him look crazy as he gets into position to get his foot on Satans head. I highly recommend taking on the religious leaders and the judicial system as Jesus did which is the war with the government that mankind is to look for. The bible is many mens opinions and predictions it is not the word of God or Jesus, it is a guide so mankind can identify the True Christ by his words and works. Mankind must accept the Messiah who walks among them which is the most difficult task as it was 2000 years ago because the Messiah wants to change everything that mankind has become accustomed to. The simple system that will be put in place to govern the planet is so inclusive and perfect that it will never change, nor would anyone want it to. After a thousand years of the New World you could let Satan loose again and nothing would change. Mankind has been led by Satans ways and you can watch that in the News everyday. The Way that the bible speaks of will create only Good News but only one human being supports the simple system outlined in the bible and people throw stones at him, call him crazy, a madman and a blasphemer. The Messiah is not just a nice guy he is also a warrior on a mission to defeat and over power every world leader that mankind supports. Mankind will even abuse the Messiah and put him on trial in an attempt to shut him up permanently. They will lash him and humiliate him and reject him like he was the plague and yet he will remain unbound and undeterred even if his blood is shed. Mankind listens to false prophets, lawyers, soldiers and politicians today as they did when Jesus stood against them. Are you ready to destroy the moneychangers and the salesman who rule this world?
My friend, where do you get your beliefs from? What is your source for what you are saying?