The Three H's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apply a fourth H to them -- "I HATE garbage".
Amen, brother!
I honestly just want what is best for us all . I truly do . please let us all just start afresh
in our bibles again . be learning and loving every word of GOD . I pray for us all .
The scriptures truly do and truly will make us wise unto salvation through our FAITH in JESUS CHRIST .
THE ONLY name whereby one can be saved . PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD .
Another amen ... God bless you!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One year they asked if I'd like to be Noah, and tell all the kids about the Ark during our "Fall Festival" on Oct 31. I've never been one to do this. That year, I did, and spent the evening telling small children about Jesus, standing in front of a 7Ft Ark. What a blessing that was!

Much love!

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I honestly just want what is best for us all . I truly do . please let us all just start afresh
in our bibles again . be learning and loving every word of GOD . I pray for us all .
The scriptures truly do and truly will make us wise unto salvation through our FAITH in JESUS CHRIST .
THE ONLY name whereby one can be saved . PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD .
Let us keep reading our bibles. We do not sway away from biblical teaching, the scriptures and the biblical Jesus.

Let us always rejoice and praise the Lord.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many years ago there was a desciple named timothy .
Paul had written to that timothy concering the church of ephesus .
Years later we see timothy mentioned again .
Timothy had went out into the streets to expose a celebration called catagogian .
He rebuked them over this . They beat him so bad he died a few days later of his bruises .
Would anyone care to investigate what catagogian is .
ITS a celebration where folks dress up as their favorite gods in constumes and honor that said day .
DOES that SOUND FAMILIAR .
What timothy died to expose . even churches today , think is cute and harmless . HELLOWEEN folks .
They dressing up as they gods , their super heros , witches and warlocks , fairies and princesses .
And the church thinks it cute and harmless . Timothy did not . And he died for it .
What he exosed way back then , today most folks would have called him a hater and he didnt love .
And the scary thing is , most folks in the churches would have said the same thing about him . Churches have no idea
what they have lost over the many years , through mens traditions and an ever changing approach .
They have no idea what has been lost . men have changed , cause society changes . But doctrine dont . the WORD of GOD dont
the TRUTH dont . It aint harmless . I seen kids that later grew into adults .
And guess what some of they said got them interested in actual witchcraft . HARRY POTTER MOVIES . OH yeah satan knows how to allure and
to decieve and present something as good .

And, we know that Satan disguises himself as an angel of light...he has his claws in EVERYTHING now...logos, Hollywood, schools, church's. Even "Family" Feud has gone the way of the world. Many sexual questions and other things not proper for "family".
Praying for discernment in all things is my go to anymore as, Satan is very, very up on humans :mad:
Good post.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was just wondering (especially since it's getting closer to October) what do you guys think about the three H's that I'm into? They are Harry Potter, Halloween, and horror movies.
We love horror movies, and love to see the grandkids dressed up for Halloween. I guess it’s all a matter of how you view it.

Reactions: April_Rose

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was just wondering (especially since it's getting closer to October) what do you guys think about the three H's that I'm into? They are Harry Potter, Halloween, and horror movies.

I wasn't expecting anyone to post about what I was talking about, April Rose, but if you view the video at the bottom of this thread (especially the latter half of it), it will give you a better idea of what I was talking about:

"While you were out playing..."

Reactions: TLHKAJ

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm watching Silent Hill as we speak...

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we sure have enough believers here confidently willing to predict the future, huh

I checked the Britannica definition of witchcraft, and it didn't even know what it was. Every culture has a different definition. Arrrggg. Very confusing, if the Bible was more descriptive of what witchcraft and sorcery were, then sure I would be more confident condemning certain practices. However you could rest on divination and cursing perhaps. As Harry Potter does practice some of that. But then again it is just make believe and not presented as a tutorial.

But yeah, if predicting the future involves spirits other than God it would be considered divination by definition and a sin. Cheers.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The three H's....horror harbours hate

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi AR, you posed this question on the Christian Debate Forum (as opposed to entertainment - if there is one), so I assume that you are asking from a Christian perspective? But, that's appears rather odd, to the point that I think your OP is entirely rhetorical?
For example, what in the world does wizardry, blood baths, demons, vampires and witches have to do with the edification of the Church or promotion of Christ?
Worse, how utterly subversive, desensitizing, complacent, macabre & sadistic, and frivolous & mindless, is engaging in such devil inspired and anti-Christian nonsense? To the point, that I would lose respect for any person over 20 yrs old that entertains such a perverse and sinister recreation.

I don't watch sitcoms, movies or TV in general. I exclusively watch YouTube Christian related material, National Geographic, or music related genres - instructional or performance (I play music a bit). I'm not trying to sound academic or pompous, but again, you asked the question on a Christian Forum, therefore I can do nothing more but denounce such anti-Christian matter and activity.

Last edited:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi AR, you posed this question on the Christian Debate Forum (as opposed to entertainment - if there is one), so I assume that you are asking from a Christian perspective? But, that's appears rather odd, to the point that I think your OP is entirely rhetorical?

No,.. I put in Christian debate because a lot of Christians find them a debate even though Halloween today is different than it was way back then and horror movies and Harry Potter isn't real.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No,.. I put in Christian debate because a lot of Christians find them a debate even though Halloween today is different than it was way back then and horror movies and Harry Potter isn't real.
But still, a no brainer? Of all the things that a Christian should spend their time doing, Harry Potter, Horror Movies, and Halloween should never be options. Top of my head, I can think of 150 more edifying, productive and inconsequential things to do?
So, from me, you have an unequivocal denunciation of such activity, that bears an inherent sinister connotation as these do.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sis, I am not a fan of debates, and I certainly do not seek to condemn you, but how is halloween different today than in the past?
If anything, it is worse today than ever before because wickedness abounds more and more the closer we get to the end.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sis, I am not a fan of debates, and I certainly do not seek to condemn you, but how is halloween different today than in the past?
If anything, it is worse today than ever before because wickedness abounds more and more the closer we get to the end.

Oh sure it is,.. dressing up in costumes, having children trick-or-treat for candy, and carve pumpkins,.. they should all be locked up tight and throw away the key. :rolleyes:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Evil is evil. AR, real or imagined...and its boundaries cross every genre. Filling our minds with fantasy, evil or otherwise, retards spiritual growth....it keeps immaturity in understanding alive and rationalises foolishness. It is diametrically opposed to the Gospel.

Please give it some thought.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nope I am not into the 3 H's but I have watched the 4th H though and I quite enjoyed it.

the Hobbit. :D
tenor.gif

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Ironic, when we hide our true insecurities and fears, shaking ourselves up can bring a sense of life, but actually this is reminding ourselves we are too well protected and unreal to the real issues in life.

Harry Potter is a story of love and friendship conquering the fear of death and need to dominate over others.
Halloween is poking fun at the spiritual aspects of life, suggesting they do not actually matter.
Horror movies are about giving us an adrenaline rush and then feeling secure in our safe houses.

If we had been through real horror of war or trauma, horror movies no longer play a role, because the trauma and problems are real and one really does want healing and resolution, not just playing emotional games with serious issues.

Reactions: April_Rose

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was into horror movies until a teenager in my church with a secret opioid addiction got demonically oppressed (with terrifying paranormal phenomena) right after watching the horror movie "Paranormal" with is young friends. An evangelical exorcism team was summoned to deal with the issue but proved ineffective. So in desperation the evangelical family called the local Catholic bishop and he sent a mild-mannered Nigerian exorcist who immediately took charge of the demon and eliminated the problem. That's one of many reasons why I so strongly object to spiritually impotent Fundmantalists trashing Catholic spirituality.

Reactions: dev553344

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nope I am not into the 3 H's but I have watched the 4th H though and I quite enjoyed it.

the Hobbit. :D
tenor.gif
Years ago Josho I met a bright eyed bushy tailed couple who befriended me. Some time went by when one day I was confided in ...'we are heroin addicts'. I found it difficult to associate the picture of vibrancy and life I had of them with a junkie.

They invited me to their parties which they held from time to time. One time I was there and there were lots of guests....as the evening progressed out can the tourniquets and the syringes....I was wide eyed. Would you like to try it they asked. No, I said, I might like it!

Evil comes disguised as good......sickness as health.....error as truth......fantasy as harmless entertainment.......and we might like it and form habits which we don't want to break off with.

Watch...stay awake....don't be indifferent....be on your guard!

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ
Status
Not open for further replies.