The Three H's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was into horror movies until a teenager in my church with a secret opioid addiction got demonically oppressed (with terrifying paranormal phenomena) right after watching the horror movie "Paranormal" with is young friends. An evangelical exorcism team was summoned to deal with the issue but proved ineffective. So in desperation the evangelical family called the local Catholic bishop and he sent a mild-mannered Nigerian exorcist who immediately took charge of the demon and eliminated the problem. That's one of many reasons why I so strongly object to spiritually impotent Fundmantalists trashing Catholic spirituality.

@Berserk , while I do watch a lot of different movies, there are a few types I won't watch, I won't watch sexual or murder movies, and I stay away from movies that empower the demonic, like the exorcist, etc. I find these types of movies have a negative effect on my spiritual welfare.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Years ago Josho I met a bright eyed bushy tailed couple who befriended me. Some time went by when one day I was confided in ...'we are heroin addicts'. I found it difficult to associate the picture of vibrancy and life I had of them with a junkie.

They invited my to their parties which they held from time to time. One time I was there and there were lots of guests....as the evening progressed out can the tourniquets and the syringes....I was wide eyed. Would you like to try it they asked. No, I said, I might like it!

Evil comes disguised as good......sickness as health.....error as truth......fantasy as harmless entertainment.......and we might like it and form habits which we don't want to break off with.

Watch...stay awake....don't be indifferent....be on your guard!

Not talking about the heroin junkies here, that sounds like a terrible experience for you. Sorry. As far as movies, I think what I'm noticing you're describing is a personal barrier you have with that type of entertainment. It might apply to you and perhaps some others but not everyone. I find that I cannot apply what works for me to everyone as we are all different. And this is why we have so many denominations, we all are raised differently and have different attributes as people. What works for one person might not work for everyone.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Years ago Josho I met a bright eyed bushy tailed couple who befriended me. Some time went by when one day I was confided in ...'we are heroin addicts'. I found it difficult to associate the picture of vibrancy and life I had of them with a junkie.

They invited my to their parties which they held from time to time. One time I was there and there were lots of guests....as the evening progressed out can the tourniquets and the syringes....I was wide eyed. Would you like to try it they asked. No, I said, I might like it!

Evil comes disguised as good......sickness as health.....error as truth......fantasy as harmless entertainment.......and we might like it and form habits which we don't want to break off with.

Watch...stay awake....don't be indifferent....be on your guard!

Hey I am 1 of the last people you should be worrying about. :p

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me neither, brother.... none of those things interest me. As someone who has seen, and experienced evil firsthand, I'm not a fan of any of satan's "holy days", nor his entertainment. I wish God's people would be willing to see what really happens on halloween and surrounding days.... abductions, rituals, horrific tortures/orgies, and human sacrifice. So yeah, I'm not one to make light of this. It's too serious and people really suffer much evil around halloween (as well as "easter" which goes all the way back to Nimrod/Babel and is named after Ishtar, and Christmas, which is actually an occult ritual date instituted by ... you know who ... the catholic church, and has its roots at Babel as well).
Its wicked my dear sister .
Imagine this . sadly some parents are gonna let their ten or twelve year old kids out to shop for candy on that night .
Imagine as they run out the door all exicted for the big night . The kids run door to door .
All three so excited . The children go door to door . A friendly man comes up with a big clown suit on .
He talks to them and as they turn to go he tells the lil girl , oh what a nice lil fairy you are .
The boys seem to be headed to another house . And the clown says would you like some candy .
The brothers tell sister to hurry up as they run to the next house .
A few hours later the boys come home and mama is like , where is your sister .
And they are say , oh we thought she was home .
But little does anyone know , she cries in the dark in a room full of candles , cries that will never be heard .
The little fairy that became the sacrifice . That does happen .
Just knowing the entire origin of that day , and knowing WHAT GOD says about participating in evil , no matter how innocent it seems .
WE oughtta have nothing to do with it .

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imagine this . sadly some parents are gonna let their ten or twelve year old kids out to shop for candy on that night .
Imagine as they run out the door all exicted for the big night . The kids run door to door .
All three so excited . The children go door to door . A friendly man comes up with a big clown suit on .
He talks to them and as they turn to go he tells the lil girl , oh what a nice lil fairy you are .
The boys seem to be headed to another house . And the clown says would you like some candy .
But little does anyone know , she cries in the dark in a room full of candles , cries that will never be heard .
Just knowing the entire origin of that day , and knowing WHAT GOD says about participating in evil , no matter how innocent it seems .
Yes sir, I know ....it's all too real.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tenor.gif

I'm a big fan of the Tolkien Trilogy as well. But if you want to know the truth, Josho, it's about the battle between Luciferianism and Satanism for occult control over the earth. That's why there's so much wizardry in it. If I have time, I'd lay it out for you. It's fascinating. But while it's one of the greatest literary works of the 20th century, the subject matter that inspired it were real life events going back to when Aliester Crowley (Saruman) turned Satanist and spilt off from the Golden Dawn, taking their occult secrets with him. Samuel MacGregor-Mathers (Gandalf) then engaged him in a magicians duel over it. Crowley summoned the demon Beelzebub against him, which is depicted in Gandalf's battle with the Balrog.

You'd have to understand Luciferian theology to know what much of the driving themes are, and you'd also have to know just how powerful Crowley became as a magician to understand other parts. Satanists know he was the magician behind the creation of Naziism and Hitler's war machine, which is why Saruman is depicted as creating an army of orcs "that can move at night, and at great speeds." This was the secret of the Blitzkrieg, and it is what Tolkien was describing in real life. Most of the trilogy was written during the years between the two world wars, when that war machine was being formed.

Anyway, it's especially fascinating when you understand it in its spiritual context, and highly entertaining. But it's nothing resembling Christian, LoL.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should state this, police, firemen, doctors, and psychiatrists, psychologists, judges, lawe
I think I favor Harry Potter more than the story you just created. Not much into horror stories. But OK. What?

Last edited:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What kind of twisted logic is this? Besides you just go up to the door for trick-or-treat you're not supposed to go inside. *Sigh*

Reactions: dev553344

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm a big fan of the Tolkien Trilogy as well. But if you want to know the truth, Josho, it's about the battle between Luciferianism and Satanism for occult control over the earth. That's why there's so much wizardry in it. If I have time, I'd lay it out for you. It's fascinating. But while it's one of the greatest literary works of the 20th century, the subject matter that inspired it were real life events going back to when Aliester Crowley (Saruman) turned Satanist and spilt off from the Golden Dawn, taking their occult secrets with him. Samuel MacGregor-Mathers (Gandalf) then engaged him in a magicians duel over it. Crowley summoned the demon Beelzebub against him, which is depicted in Gandalf's battle with the Balrog.

You'd have to understand Luciferian theology to know what much of the driving themes are, and you'd also have to know just how powerful Crowley became as a magician to understand other parts. Satanists know he was the magician behind the creation of Naziism and Hitler's war machine, which is why Saruman is depicted as creating an army of orcs "that can move at night, and at great speeds." This was the secret of the Blitzkrieg, and it is what Tolkien was describing in real life. Most of the trilogy was written during the years between the two world wars, when that war machine was being formed.

Anyway, it's especially fascinating when you understand it in its spiritual context, and highly entertaining. But it's nothing resembling Christian, LoL.

I wonder how all that fits in though if JJR Tolkien was a Christian?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder how all that fits in though if JJR Tolkien was a Christian?

I think it's something of a myth. The evidence that he was a member of the Golden Dawn is in the fact that he knew these things. Virtually no one does unless they're an insider. Some will say the claim he was a member of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn is fallacious, but the proof is in the content of the works themselves.

But I'm not for judging people. I've had friends who were Satanists, and I almost became one myself before getting saved. It's an evil religion, but a religion just the same.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I'm not for judging people. I've had friends who were Satanists, and I almost became one myself before getting saved. It's an evil religion, but a religion just the same.

What do Satanists have to do with this?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think it's something of a myth. The evidence that he was a member of the Golden Dawn is in the fact that he knew these things. Virtually no one does unless they're an insider. Some will say the claim he was a member of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn is fallacious, but the proof is in the content of the works themselves.

Hmmm I am not so sure, this is something different Christians have differing views on.

There's was a few good themes though, like what happened when Thorin became greedy and chased riches.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
and Judas was disciple of Jesus.

Anyway you will pleased to know that I am not into the other 3 Hs...

But I don't mind Ghost Busters, Mummy movies, not sure whether if that counts as a mild horror? Also grew up watching a bit of Scooby Doo-b-Doo.

As for the Hobbit trilogy, I am not much of a nerd about it, I just think that they are a well filmed epic set of movies, I have not read the original books though.

Reactions: Rita

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was just wondering (especially since it's getting closer to October) what do you guys think about the three H's that I'm into? They are Harry Potter, Halloween, and horror movies.

All awesome! I got to get Spirit Halloween store Monday, I loved it. Got two syringe pens and had a blast. I love Halloween! I put on old Abbott and Castello movies on Halloween night.

Did you get sorted yet? I got sorted into Gryffindor and my patronus is a hedgehog :)

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyway you will pleased to know that I am not into the other 3 Hs...

But I don't mind Ghost Busters, Mummy movies, not sure whether if that counts as a mild horror? Also grew up watching a bit of Scooby Doo-b-Doo.

As for the Hobbit trilogy, I am not much of a nerd about it, I just think that they are a well filmed epic set of movies, I have not read the original books though.

The books are awesome too. A slightly different experience than the movies.

Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All awesome! I got to get Spirit Halloween store Monday, I loved it. Got two syringe pens and had a blast. I love Halloween! I put on old Abbott and Castello movies on Halloween night.

Ah Abbott & Costello one of the best black and white comedies. :)

Reactions: historyb
Status
Not open for further replies.