The Three H's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anyway you will pleased to know that I am not into the other 3 Hs...

But I don't mind Ghost Busters, Mummy movies, not sure whether if that counts as a mild horror? Also grew up watching a bit of Scooby Doo-b-Doo.

As for the Hobbit trilogy, I am not much of a nerd about it, I just think that they are a well filmed epic set of movies, I have not read the original books though.
My friend....you do not need to please me. But what would please me is for you to desire and search for truth whatever the cost.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for the Hobbit trilogy, I am not much of a nerd about it, I just think that they are a well filmed epic set of movies, I have not read the original books though.

The books are great! Loved both. Went to the second LOTR movie and made a mistake, bought a giant soda and boy when the movie was over I ran to the bathroom :)

Reactions: dev553344 and Josho

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm I am not so sure, this is something different Christians have differing views on.

There's was a few good themes though, like what happened when Thorin became greedy and chased riches.

Yes, well the entire narrative is about the battle of "good" vs evil, so people tend to assume that there are Christian themes behind the work. But that is only a surface reading. Luciferians regard Lucifer as a good god, a benevolent god who is trying to deliver mankind from the oppressive tyranny of Adonai, the god of the Christians, whom they liken to an evil god. Hence they equate our God with Satan. So it's more complex than what appears on the surface.

You'd have to dig deeper than just surface articles to find good info on it, Josho. Very few know what I am telling you about.

But it's not that big a deal to me who watches LOTR, frankly. For most unfamiliar with occultism, it's just a fantasy movie. For some it may peak a curiosity in occultism and magic, so the argument can be made that it is more than mere entertainment. The same would go for Harry Potter. I've had a curiously with all things supernatural since almost birth it would seem, but I also have a good heart, so I turned from having an interest in evil to pursuing the good, and pursuing God. I would think the same is true of all those whose hearts are similar.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do Satanists have to do with this?

What do Satanists have to do with what? Halloween? Information has already been provided for you on this thread concerning that. Why did you post a thread asking for opinions on an issue, and then turn around and ignore our responses?

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Halloween started as a Satanic festival known as Samhain "pronounced Soween"
and the rest is history.
Thinking Halloween is fine because it's watered down is wrong because you can't remove it from what it is at the core. You can't take an unclean thing and make it clean. Job14:4

As for the other two H's, once again it's a matter of discernment and Spiritual maturity. Spiritually mature people have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil. Hebrews 5:14

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
You need to realize that there is always an excuse that something is not Satanic or harmfull when dealing with something of Satan.
It's just innocent fun.
It started in the garden at the temptation.
The serpent got Adam and Eve to question if they would surely die from disobeying God just as Satan tries to get us to question if something is really evil when trying to tempt us into his device's.
There are similar excuses for eveything evil
They say white magic isn't as bad
That parady ritual isn't potent
I heard a while back some fans of a satanic band made the excuse that the band wasn't satanic because the members themselves weren't claiming to be satanists themselves even though it was a satanic themed band.

So where does that leave you with these three h's?

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anyway, besides the 3 Hs, a lot of movies, video games have some magical themes these days, even including some DC and Marvel movies, some of them are based on real beliefs and practices, some of them made up.

Then there's violence, a lot of stuff has a certain level of violence too.

The question I would like to ask here, is where does the line get drawn though?

And then we even have some people here who don't like Christian TV, and will distance themselves from Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Joel Osteen, Hillsong, Bill Johnson, Jimmy Swaggart, Sid Roth, Creflo Dollar, Kenneth Hagan, and anything else that might be shown on a Christian channel.

It's not unheard of a few Christians putting away their TVs.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anyway, besides the 3 Hs, a lot of movies, video games have some magical themes these days, even including some DC and Marvel movies, some of them are based on real beliefs and practices, some of them made up.

Then there's violence, a lot of stuff has a certain level of violence too.

The question I would like to ask here, is where does the line get drawn though?

And then we even have some people here who don't like Christian TV, and will distance themselves from Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Joel Osteen, Hillsong, Bill Johnson, Jimmy Swaggart, Sid Roth, Creflo Dollar, Kenneth Hagan, and anything else that might be shown on a Christian channel.

It's not unheard of Christians putting away their TVs.
I'm persuaded that if the majority of folk identifying as Christians saw the ramifications of the stuff you mentioned they would probably reject the revelation to themselves. As it stands, most do not see. Would you consider yourself one of those Josho?

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Years ago Josho I met a bright eyed bushy tailed couple who befriended me. Some time went by when one day I was confided in ...'we are heroin addicts'. I found it difficult to associate the picture of vibrancy and life I had of them with a junkie.

They invited me to their parties which they held from time to time. One time I was there and there were lots of guests....as the evening progressed out can the tourniquets and the syringes....I was wide eyed. Would you like to try it they asked. No, I said, I might like it!

Evil comes disguised as good......sickness as health.....error as truth......fantasy as harmless entertainment.......and we might like it and form habits which we don't want to break off with.

Watch...stay awake....don't be indifferent....be on your guard!

This is an interesting point. There is life and danger in everything.
The aesthetic life says you have to avoid it all to live a pure life.

The Kingdom life says you need to transcend the world through the love Jesus gives us in our lives and our communion with Him and His body.
Everything can be a problem or coped and answered appropriately.

So when we bring Jesus into every situation and let the Holy Spirit minister to our hearts, everything becomes a lot more obvious.
God bless you

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sis, I am not a fan of debates, and I certainly do not seek to condemn you, but how is halloween different today than in the past?
If anything, it is worse today than ever before because wickedness abounds more and more the closer we get to the end.

The three H's listed (at least some horror movies) have to do with the occult. We've been so conditioned to accept elements of the occult, but it is not child's play, and anyone who partakes is playing with fire.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do Satanists have to do with what? Halloween? Information has already been provided for you on this thread concerning that. Why did you post a thread asking for opinions on an issue, and then turn around and ignore our responses?

It would appear that Halloween is a Christian holiday actually. If you read the wiki:

"Halloween or Hallowe'en (a contraction of Hallows' Even or Hallows' Evening), also known as Allhalloween,[6] All Hallows' Eve, or All Saints' Eve,[8] is a celebration observed in many countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows' Day. It begins the three-day observance of Allhallowtide, the time in the liturgical year dedicated to remembering the dead, including saints (hallows), martyrs, and all the faithful departed."

It's to remember the dead saints, martyrs and faithful departed. Information on the subject I find interesting.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would appear that Halloween is a Christian holiday actually. If you read the wiki:

"Halloween or Hallowe'en (a contraction of Hallows' Even or Hallows' Evening), also known as Allhalloween,[6] All Hallows' Eve, or All Saints' Eve,[8] is a celebration observed in many countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows' Day. It begins the three-day observance of Allhallowtide, the time in the liturgical year dedicated to remembering the dead, including saints (hallows), martyrs, and all the faithful departed."

It's to remember the dead saints, martyrs and faithful departed. Information on the subject I find interesting.

Greetings, Devin.

I read that as well, but if you read the very next sentence in the wiki, it states that many believe it was actually merely a Christianized version of a pagan festival called Samhain, which I believe TLHKAJ referred to earlier, and also Teamventure. It incorporates some of the same practices that we still have today such as "mumming and guising" (i.e. trick or treat), as well as practicing divination and appeasing the spirits of the dead (see under Historic Customs).
Samhain - Wikipedia

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011

That is surface history and more recent. You need to look further back or maybe read more of this thread as a couple of us have already posted the pagan origins of the festival.

Reactions: amigo de christo

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All awesome! I got to get Spirit Halloween store Monday, I loved it. Got two syringe pens and had a blast. I love Halloween! I put on old Abbott and Castello movies on Halloween night.

Did you get sorted yet? I got sorted into Gryffindor and my patronus is a hedgehog :)

I'm a Hufflepuff and wow,.. I hardly recognize you on this forum compared to our other one. Lol

Reactions: historyb

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Also, I see a bunch of younger members on here not taking into account the instruction of older members.
Paul in a letter to Timothy instructs young believers to listen to their elders.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Yeah,.. because I'm not going to let a bunch of strangers boss me around.

Weighing in the wisdom of an elder and letting them "boss you around" as you put it are not the same thing.
Btw your statement sounds rebellious.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Weighing in the wisdom of an elder and letting them "boss you around" as you put it are not the same thing.

Okay,.. explain how they are different. We're allowed to disagree with each other you know.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Okay,.. explain how they are different. We're allowed to disagree with each other you know.

You started a thread here asking for peoples opinions and when they gave it to you, you threw it out without weighing it in first. That is the difference.
There is a reason older believers have come to these conclusions concerning these things the Holy Spirit teaches those who walk with him.
Mature believers have learned how to discern good vs. evil. It would be wise to weigh in the wisdom of your elders.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.