The Trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Amadeus!
That makes sense.
Sometimes 2 persons will be saying exactly the same thing and they're not even aware of it.
I've known you some years now and I don't place you in the same category that some here are in.
A person can believe what they will....God accepts those who love Him and live for Him and honor Him.
I cannot remember a time when you wrote pages and pages trying to convince others that you were right in your belief system.

I see a couple of persons doing this here. They were not here when I left for a while...my husband was sick.
I'm rather shocked to see these discussions to tell you the truth.

There's another poster here who is an old (in time!) member that does not have orthodox beliefs, but he is not
SO LOUD about them.

It's the loudness that is bothersome.
That title of "Christian" under the avatar of such a loud person seems to be incorrect to me.
It's like...if I went to a site of the Witnesses, wrote JW under my avatar,
and then proceeded to convince them they should become Christian !

It just doesn't seem right.
While I hear what you are saying... if the moderators were to correct a person's self-designation or even ban the person because he did not meet their particular [or the site owners'] definition of a Christian, this forum like many others before it would probably die. I have belonged to more than one like that.

I do not like some of the very unchristian-like garbage [in my opinion] I read here, but without allowing some it many people would never look at themselves as they need to do.

This place is where some can hear bits of the truth, they are missing but really want to hear. In their own home churches [if they have one] they will usually only hear the same errors repeated.

The Holy Ghost can sort them out for a sincere believer, but the mish mash of raw materials available here gives the believer and the Holy Ghost something to sift through...

Probably to replace every wrong answer a person here holds to, someone else has received from God the right answer.

Twenty years I have been on Christian forums... and yes, I have changed my stance on more than one thing in my own beliefs during that time. I believe that is of God. Where is the end of the road?

Perhaps when we are able to hear these words spoken to us:
"...Well done, thou good and faithful servant:.. enter thou into the joy of thy lord." Matt 25:21

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is every other church PERFECT except for the Catholic Church?
I follow Jesus.
But I've learned a lot from the Catholic Church and also other denominations.
Most all have sold out . My advice , be in those bibles and be learning and stay stirred up with those pure reminders .
The leadership has tanked and most all have failed the church . The lambs must look out for one another
and NEVER encourage anyone to enter into a false church . Give them no hope within those chambers .
Only death and confusion awaits all who her enter into her chambers . Be encouraged .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I come late to this thread, but has anyone mentioned Isaiah 43:11 which states:
"I even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour."

And if so what name did he used for the word "LORD?" Did the writer of the post used the name Jehovah? And if he did, did he describe it's meaning? Or anyone?

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrangler

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Those who promote the idea that monogenes only has reference to kind or type (without begetting) are faced with a very serious dilemma. This is because with respect to Christ it must be asked, what is this kind or type? It cannot be pertaining to Christ as a divine person. This is because the Father is also a divine person. Christ therefore, as far as His divinity is concerned, cannot be one of a kind or type (unique). This immediately brings us back to the realisation that monogenes must be with reference to Christ’s relationship to the Father, which in turn brings us back to His Sonship. It is His Sonship therefore that must be one of a kind or type. This is because He is the only begotten (monogenes) of God.
There is something else to consider here. This is the Creed of Nicaea mentioned earlier. It said “We believe in one God, the Father almighty, maker of all things visible and invisible; And in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the Son of God, begotten from the Father, only-begotten [monogenes], that is, from the substance of the Father, God from God, light from light, true God from true God, begotten not made, of one substance with the Father, through Whom all things came into being, things in heaven and things on earth,…” (Creed of Nicaea AD 325) The entire point of this creed was to show that the Son was “of one substance with the Father”. This is why the creed says that Christ is begotten “from the substance of the Father”. What though if the word monogenes is only said to mean one and only? We would need to ask “one and only what”? As has already been concluded (see above), it could not mean divine person. This would automatically rule out the Father as being divine. It would certainly mean that He and the Father were of a different kind (type). This reasoning would have completely destroyed the very purpose of formulating this creed. Those who formulated it though knew that monogenes would not destroy it. They could not have thought therefore that this word meant one and only. It must be to do with the Son’s generation from the Father, meaning His Sonship. He is the only begotten of the Father.
From the above we can readily see that at John 3:16, the word monogenes could not simply mean only or one and only (without the idea of begetting). This would violate the fact that its suffix is -genes. In other words, if John had wanted to say at John 3:16 (and other places) that Christ is the only son or one and only Son, he would only have needed to use monos (not mono + genes). It needs to be remembered too that he did write monogenes huios (son) – not just monogenes. He was obviously emphasising more than simply one and only Son. He was emphasising that the Son alone is begotten of the Father. And begotten does not nor has it ever meant 'created'.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Genesis 1:26
Then God said, ``Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

I do not understand why some (actually a small minority within Christianity) try so hard to ignore the plain reading of the scripture. You can't be more than 1 minute into reading Genesis to discover the Trinity. Abandon the false tradition of men and just read your Bible.
God said (to the angels) let us make man in our image.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Man was made with a Body, Soul, and Spirit. (likeness)

Man is one being, one person.

God is one being, 3 persons.

Don't let your intellectual deficiencies trip you up regarding the Trinity. The Bible tells us therefore it's true. I do believe Heaven will be full of people who didn't fully understand the Trinity. The young soldier who died storming the beach at Guadacanal who was saved only days before or the elderly man who found salvation in his nursing home months before his death, the new Christian who never made it home after Church due to a car accident. Many did not have the opportunity to fully understand the Trinity and I suspect some will not understand it ever.
Man is One person, body, soul, and spirit in the image of the One omnipresent God.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe that accurate translation is everything. When the text says “monogenes theos” is literally means “only begotten god”. So in keeping with the Greek definition of the world “theos” Jesus can indeed be “divine” (from God, having divine authority) but not BE God incarnate. When there is deliberate fudging of the translation, as demonstrated in the Mounce Interlinear’s translation of John 1:18, we should be wary. Many translations now render that verse as it was written, despite the difficulty of explaining how God can be “begotten”. Every “begotten” creature needs a ‘begetter’ who existed first and caused the begotten to come into existence. This only begotten son f God existed before all things, but he did not come into existence at the same time as his Father. He is God’s “firstborn”. (Colossians 1:15)

If the pre-human Jesus was God, how does God send himself to complete a mission and yet remain in heaven? (John 17:3)
How can Jesus be called “God’s holy servant”, if he is God himself? (Acts 4:27, 30)
How does the Father know things that the son does not? (Matthew 24:36)
To whom did Jesus pray? And why did he need his Father to provide legions of angels to protect him?

The trinity begs way more questions than it answers.
If you believe in accurate translation, then you can dump the JW mistranslation.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Would you be able to list some of those lies?
I posted the Nicene Creed (one of a few, but they're all basically the same).
This was to show who can call themselves a Christian.
If a person does not believe the Nicene Creed, he is not a Christian (or at least he should TRY to understand it).
Who wrote the Nicean Creed? Was it supposed to be equal to inspired scripture?

Was it even necessary? You see the Jews fell into this trap of making up and writing down what they thought the scriptures meant.....the Talmud ended up replacing the Bible as the “go to” for spiritual information...but who wrote it? Like the Catechism is for Catholics....who wrote it? Are these man inspired explanations of scripture even correct? Can we trust the people who penned them?
In the case of Judaism the answer is NO! And in the case of the Catechism and the so called ”creeds” I believe the answer is the same.
These are not inspired of God, but the work of men, whom Jesus and the apostles warned would go way off track. (2 Peter 2:1-3)
1 Timothy 4:1-3...
"However, the inspired word clearly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired statements and teachings of demons, 2 by means of the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, whose conscience is seared as with a branding iron. 3 They forbid marriage and command people to abstain from foods that God created to be partaken of with thanksgiving by those who have faith and accurately know the truth."

Who forbids marriage to its priests, even when there is no scriptural reason for it? The early Popes were married and had children, so who along the way, imposed this sanction on them? Who was it that forbade Catholics to eat meat on Fridays? If it was a mortal sin to do so, are those poor souls till in hell?

What, in the Nicene Creed, do you believe to be a masquerade?
Has Christianity been wrong for 2,000 years and just now someone super intelligent discovered the masquerade?
Lets see.....

Nicene Creed (325AD)
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.

So far so good...

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,

OK, now we start to deviate....
Here...”God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father”
This is not what scripture teaches at all. Here we have the opposite of what is stated at the beginning...”one God the Father Almighty” and now we have “God from God”...”true God from true God”...nowhere does scripture teach that....this is identifying another god. “consubstantial” is a made up word that is not expressed anywhere in the Bible....so there is your first deviation.
Jesus is a creation of his God and Father. (Revelation 3:14) He was created before all things....the “firstborn of all creation". (Colossians 1:15)

and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.

Now this is speaking about the “God from God” in the previous part, but no such God exists.
Therefore who is incarnated in Mary was not God but his only begotten son......who was begotten long before creation existed...and was “with God” “in the beginning”.

For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.

No problem with any of that except that now it is applied to the one identified as “true God from true God” so NO! This is not correct because it is wrongly applied. A devious departure from the truth. Spiritual sleight of hand IMO.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.

Again not what the Bible teaches. Nowhere is the holy spirit called "Lord" or "God".
There is no "God the Son" or "God the Holy Spirit" because neither of these designations if from the Bible, but from the church.
Like Mary, nowhere is the holy spirit to be glorified or adored.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.

"One holy catholic and apostolic church"? In no way does that describe what Jesus started.

"Catholic" initially meant just the "universal" nature or cohesion of the church, which we know from history was soon to become divided. The foretold apostasy was to last until the "harvest time" of the angels to get rid of the "weeds" who dared to corrupt the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This could be referring to YOUR denomination...I believe you're a JW.
Your organization started just 150 years ago.
Christianity has been around from the beginning of the church that Jesus began.
Actually Jehovah has always had his "Witnesses"....(Isaiah 43:10) way back to Israel.
Jesus said that his disciples would carry the witness about him "to the most distant part of the earth". (Acts 1:8)

History will attest to those who stood firm for the truth of God's word, even when everyone else was going the other way.
Israel's prophets were not heeded and even killed....and those who dared to follow Jesus as Messiah were ostracized in Israel by their religious leaders who influenced their fellow Jews against them. Jesus warned....

John 15:18-21...
"If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19 If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, for this reason the world hates you. 20 Keep in mind the word I said to you: A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have observed my word, they will also observe yours. 21 But they will do all these things against you on account of my name, because they do not know the One who sent me."

Is the world hating and persecuting Christendom? What is to hate when the world gets their full support? (James 4:4)

In the 2nd century Christianity was still pure and the ECFs were able to remove heretics from the fellowships and churches that had been established.

The letters were already circulating and the new Christians were following their new faith.
They died for it.
There have always been "wheat" among the "weeds"....these were more likely the ones who died for their faith.
Many also died at the hands of the church itself in later times.....was the church ever authorized to commit murder?
At least the Romans didn't know any better.

The Roman catholic church was not declared the state religion in the Empire until the 4th century, which by that time, Christianity was so far off the rails that it was easy for Constantine to unite his religiously divided empire by making them all Roman Catholics. The fusion was appalling, and in no way represented anything Christ taught. Sun worship still dominates the church to this day.

And, yes, it's Christianity you have a problem with.
So why do you have CHRISTIAN written under your avatar?
Well, you see those who fail to teach what Jesus taught are the one who should remove that designation from under their avatar.
I know what original Christianity looked like....and the RCC is not even a shadow of what that description means.
Do you consider Protestants to still be "Christians" since they reject much of what the Catholic church teaches?
Would you like them to remove their "religion" too?

Why can't you be honest - like you'd want the church to be honest -
and declare what you really are/believe?
When have I ever tried to hide what I believe? Ask me what I believe about anything and I will tell you straight.

BTW,,,there's an Egyptian obelisk at the Met in NY too.
Are they also pagan?
According to Wiki...
"The earliest temple obelisk still in its original position is the 68-foot (20.7 m) 120-metric-ton (130-short-ton)[5] red granite Obelisk of Senusret I of the Twelfth Dynasty at Al-Matariyyah in modern Heliopolis.[6]

In Egyptian mythology, the obelisk symbolized the sun god Ra, and during the religious reformation of Akhenaten it was said to have been a petrified ray of the Aten, the sundisk. Benben was the mound that arose from the primordial waters Nu upon which the creator god Atum settled in the creation story of the Heliopolitan creation myth form of Ancient Egyptian religion. The Benben stone (also known as a pyramidion) is the top stone of the Egyptian pyramid. It is also related to the obelisk.

It is hypothesized by New York University Egyptologist Patricia Blackwell Gary and Astronomy senior editor Richard Talcott that the shapes of the ancient Egyptian pyramid and obelisk were derived from natural phenomena associated with the sun (the sun-god Ra being the Egyptians' greatest deity at that time).[7] The pyramid and obelisk's significance have been previously overlooked, especially the astronomical phenomena connected with sunrise and sunset: Zodiacal light and sun pillars respectively."

So obelisks are nothing to do with Christianity, and are more related to Egyptian sun worship...you think they don't know that?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A human is responsible for every word in the bible, both the O.T. and the N.T.
Do you think God typed it?
The bible is INSPIRED....Inspired by the Holy Spirit of God.
I agree that it was all written by the Hebrews/Israelites/Jews.
Just like God meant it to be written by them for reasons you probably know.
If man was responsible for the words in the Bible, then it is the word of men, not the word of God.
God is responsible for the contents of the Bible, inspired writers wrote as God inspired them to write. It was his thoughts put into their words.

Not too well versed in eschatology.
I do not often meet Catholic people who have ever been prepared for the end times...its as if its so far off, it's not worth worrying about? Jesus taught otherwise. (Matthew 24:43-44)

The end will come when it comes.
The JWs were sure the world would end in 1914 due to calculations taken from scripture.
If I remember, they gave it another 2 tries, but have since decided this is a bad idea.
Being ready means we keep a finger on the pulse of world events. Since Jesus told us to "keep on the watch", that is exactly what we have done. Its why the watchtower is our logo. The watchmen manned the tower to alert the city's residents of anything approaching at a distance. If it was seen to be important then the resident were ready, but if it was a false alarm, then the residents went back to business as usual.
In the Bible revelation of truth is progressive, so we go with the flow, but are alert to the signs Jesus gave that his return as judge was approaching. Like the parable of the "ten virgins" some will be asleep and will have no oil for their lamps when the bridegroom comes at a time they are not expecting.

Why will few find the narrow road?
Because it's small and much is required.
Luke 14:28
It is also a cramped road because it allows no deviation to the right or to the left...one has to remain on this cramped road if they expect to reach their desired destination. But first they have to find the narrow gate that allows entry onto that road in the first place. (Matthew 7:13-14)

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then was Jesus praying that you and I and others could become also part of God?

Since you refuse to believe that Jesus of Nazareth is God, as He Himself claimed, then what do I have to do with you? an unbeliever?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that accurate translation is everything. When the text says “monogenes theos” is literally means “only begotten god”. So in keeping with the Greek definition of the world “theos” Jesus can indeed be “divine” (from God, having divine authority) but not BE God incarnate. When there is deliberate fudging of the translation, as demonstrated in the Mounce Interlinear’s translation of John 1:18, we should be wary. Many translations now render that verse as it was written, despite the difficulty of explaining how God can be “begotten”. Every “begotten” creature needs a ‘begetter’ who existed first and caused the begotten to come into existence. This only begotten son f God existed before all things, but he did not come into existence at the same time as his Father. He is God’s “firstborn”. (Colossians 1:15)

If the pre-human Jesus was God, how does God send himself to complete a mission and yet remain in heaven? (John 17:3)
How can Jesus be called “God’s holy servant”, if he is God himself? (Acts 4:27, 30)
How does the Father know things that the son does not? (Matthew 24:36)
To whom did Jesus pray? And why did he need his Father to provide legions of angels to protect him?

The trinity begs way more questions than it answers.

Your 'fudging' idea is the actual LIE. The Scripture translation isn't fudging anything. It is declaring that Jesus is God, Jesus Himself declared it, and that more than once. And it is declared also in the Hebrew of Isaiah 9:6 that Jesus is God. The very name "Immanuel" ("Emanuel" in Matthew 1:23) removes any 'fudging' ideas because its very meaning about Jesus of Nazareth is 'with us is God'.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So then was Jesus praying that you and I and others could become also part of God?

"Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me." John 17:20-21

...Thereby move God from Oneness to Twoness to Trinity and upward in Multiplicity as more and more of us are included as part of God? Was Jesus praying to accomplish that... to change the unchangeable God?

Was Jesus prayer for nought or amiss?

"... The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16

Was Jesus a righteous man or even greater than any righteous man?
A prayer for Christian unity.

And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. (Joh 17:19-21 KJV)

That they all may be one - This prayer was literally answered by the first believers, who were all of one heart and of one soul: Act_4:32. And why is it that believers are not in the same spirit now? Because they neither attend to the example nor to the truth of Christ. (Clarke)

17:20-21 Jesus speaking as the Saviour of the world, something no mere mortal can do, extended His prayer beyond the disciples and prayed for generations yet unborn. In fact, every believer reading this verse can say, “Jesus prayed for me over 2000 years ago.”

There are no ties so tender as those which bind us in the gospel. There is no friendship so pure and enduring as that which results from having the same attachment to the Lord Jesus. Hence, Christians, in the New Testament, are represented as being indissolubly united - parts of the same body, and members of the same family, Act_4:32-35; 1Co. 12:4-31; Eph_2:20-22; Rom_12:5. On the ground of this union they are exhorted to love one another, to bear one another’s burdens, and to study the things that make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another, Eph_4:3; Rom_12:5-16. (Albert Barnes)

God bless.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is no difficulty, btw . . . "a body you have prepared for me." We don't need to confuse the God Who took on flesh with the flesh body He took on.
OK..."a body you prepared for me".....who prepared that body for Jesus? Was God talking to himself and telling himself that his other self was going to be sent to earth whilst the first self stayed in heaven? Do you understand how ridiculous that is? Can three parts of God be in three different places at the same time and act independently, talk to each other and yet be the same God???
How on earth can that sound reasonable to anyone?

You apparenty have Jesus as a "created thing", while it was through Jesus everything was made that was made.
A "thing"? Seriously? You would describe God's first and most precious creation a "thing"?
Revelation 3:14...says...
And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: ‘The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation."

The son was the agency used by his Father to bring all things into existence.
That is what Colossians 1:15-17 says...
"15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation: 16 for by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or rulers, or authoritiesall things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together."

Your Father who begot a Son, in the way you mean, is a God Who changes, and is therefore not the God of the Bible. "I the LORD change not", He declares through Malachi.

The God alone becomes a Father with a Son in your view, apparently.

BTW . . . was that you I had asked, how many true Gods are there?
The Bible says there is one Almighty God, and there are those to whom he has given divine authority, who also qualify to have that term applied to them. Jesus is a god in that sense. Moses was god to Pharaoh and human judges in Israel, Jehovah himself called “gods”....so it’s about understanding original language words, and applying them as the Bible writers did.
Seeing only what the English word “god” means in contrast to the Greek is short sighted IMO.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I come late to this thread, but has anyone mentioned Isaiah 43:11 which states:
"I even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour."

And if so what name did he used for the word "LORD?" Did the writer of the post used the name Jehovah? And if he did, did he describe it's meaning? Or anyone?

To God Be The Glory
Good verse.
Yes, God is our savior.
This is why Jesus has to be God.
Only God can save us.

Reactions: JunChosen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. (Joh 17:19-21 KJV)

That they all may be one - This prayer was literally answered by the first believers, who were all of one heart and of one soul: Act_4:32. And why is it that believers are not in the same spirit now? Because they neither attend to the example nor to the truth of Christ. (Clarke)

17:20-21 Jesus speaking as the Saviour of the world, something no mere mortal can do, extended His prayer beyond the disciples and prayed for generations yet unborn. In fact, every believer reading this verse can say, “Jesus prayed for me over 2000 years ago.”

There are no ties so tender as those which bind us in the gospel. There is no friendship so pure and enduring as that which results from having the same attachment to the Lord Jesus. Hence, Christians, in the New Testament, are represented as being indissolubly united - parts of the same body, and members of the same family, Act_4:32-35; 1Co. 12:4-31; Eph_2:20-22; Rom_12:5. On the ground of this union they are exhorted to love one another, to bear one another’s burdens, and to study the things that make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another, Eph_4:3; Rom_12:5-16. (Albert Barnes)

God bless.
Great post !

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Since you refuse to believe that Jesus of Nazareth is God, as He Himself claimed, then what do I have to do with you? an unbeliever?
Where did I say that I did not believe Jesus was God? Why are you putting words in my mouth? Read more carefully and ask always of God for His direction. Who but God increases any of us?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God bless.
Give God always the glory my friend! Why there must be differences between people who love God I believe is part of God's plan to give us opportunity to show charity one to another. Being one in Spirit, in Love, may not be so easy when we differ in what we are able to see and understand and believe. God can help us that as well. What a mighty God we serve!

Reactions: Cooper

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you understand how ridiculous that is?
I understand your derision. That's what I understand. You make fun of what you do not understand, and ridicule what I believe describes God. Bravo!

A "thing"? Seriously? You would describe God's first and most precious creation a "thing"?
Take it for what I wrote, not making some big drama show.

Is that what we're doing here, turning this into a clown show?

Seeing only what the English word “god” means in contrast to the Greek is short sighted IMO.

And, the question you run from as though it were the plague . . .

How many True Gods are there in your view??

Much love!