The True God and Eternal Life !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
now, care to explain how the Son of Man is not the Father..... do it by scripture....
DANIEL 7: THE ANCIENT OF DAYS IS NOT THE SON OF MAN
13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of Man [JESUS] came with the clouds of Heaven, and came to the Ancient of Days, [GOD THE FATHER] and they brought Him [CHRIST] near before Him [THE FATHER]. 14 And there was given Him [CHRIST] dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve Him: [CHRIST] His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and His kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

HEBREWS 1: THE SON OF MAN SITS AT THE RIGHT HAND OF THE FATHER
1 God [THE FATHER], who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers [the patriarchs] by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son [JESUS CHRIST], whom He [THE FATHER] hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also He [THE FATHER] made the worlds; 3 [CHRIST] Who being the brightness of His [THE FATHER'S] glory, and the express image of His [THE FATHER'S] person, and upholding all things by the word of His [CHRIST'S] power, when He [CHRIST] had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty [OF GOD THE FATHER] on high;

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DANIEL 7: THE ANCIENT OF DAYS IS NOT THE SON OF MAN
Read Post #17 in the topic "the one who is coming?" .... o_O

HEBREWS 1: THE SON OF MAN SITS AT THE RIGHT HAND OF THE FATHER
Another ERROR on your Part, God who is Spirit has no Right Hand to sit on, are you that inept? only one sits on the throne, scripture, Revelation 4:2 "And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne."Revelation 4:3 "And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald."

but we'll show you a mystery, Revelation 3:21 "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." LOL, LOL, LOL, see how ingorant you are of the scriptures, sit "IN", not on the throne... LOL. my, oh my, when will they learn...... now the big revelation, it's all symbolic.... (smile) ... lol. my God when will they ever learn.

Now since you quoted Hebrews 1, Hebrews 1:10 "And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:"

question for you Enoch111, "who laid the foundation of the EARTH in the beginning?" was it the Lord here in Hebrews 1:10, or was it the "LORD", all caps, the Father? which one.

PICJAG.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is eternal life, He is life. We see this over and over again in the Apostle Johns writings. In Him was LIFE and that LIFE was the light of man. Life of the world, the Bread of LIFE,My words are spirit and they are LIFE, I AM the way,the truth and the LIFE,The LIFE was manifested and we proclaim to you the ETERNAL Life which was with the Father, and was manifested to us- The Prologue of 1st John. So we see that when John uses the phrase True God and Eternal Life together in 1 John 5:20 that He is referring to Christ as the closest antecedent making Him the True God and Eternal Life.

Also we see that when we search the NT that Eternal Life is never used of the Father without the Son but we see that Eternal Life is used over and over with Jesus where the Father is never mentioned. This makes a solid case for Jesus in 1 John 5:20 as the True God and Eternal Life.

1 John 5:20
20 We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true — even in his Son Jesus Christ. He(Jesus) is the true God and eternal life.

On behalf of seeing χριστος as the antecedent are the following arguments: (1) Although it is true that αληθινος θεος is not elsewhere referred to Christ, αληθεια is, and is so in Johannine literature (John 14:6).

29 Winer-Moulton, 195.
Further, αληθινος θεος is not a "constant.. epithet" as Winer supposes, being found only in John 17:3 and 1 John 5:20! (2) Christ is also said to be ζωη in John's writings John 11:25; 14:6; 1 John 1:1-2), an epithet nowhere else used of the Father. (3) The demonstrative pronoun, ουτος, in the Gospel and Epistles of John seems to be used in a theologically rich manner.30 Specifically, of the approximately seventy instances in which ουτος has a personal referent, as many as forty- four of them (almost two-thirds of the instances) refer to the Son. Of the remainder, most imply some sort of positive connection with the Son.31 What is most significant is that never is the Father the referent.For what it is worth, this datum increases the probability that ιησου χριστω is the antecedent in 1 John 5:20. 32 The issue cannot be decided on grammar alone. But suffice it to say here that there are no grammatical reasons for denying that αληθινος θεος is descriptive of Jesus Christ.

Below are 8 biblical reasons why Jesus is the True God and Eternal Life

1st- Jesus is called God in the writings of John(1:1,20:28,1 John 5:20)

2nd- Jesus is called Eternal Life over and over again in Johns writings

3rd- John opens up his epistle with the Eternal life(Jesus) that was with the Father in the beginning and was manifest to the disciples(1 John 1:1-5)

4th- John ends his epistle with Jesus who is eternal life and only is eternal life found in Him who is the true God.

5th- never is eternal life used of the Father alone. When the Father is included the Son is always mentioned together with the Father making them equal. Equality with the Father was not something Jesus needed to grasp at as He already possessed complete Deity as God.(Phil 2, Col 2:9)

6th- John would not leave his readers with any ambiguity warning them to guard themselves from idols(5:21) So this would be clear his reference was to those who reject Jesus as the true God. They are the idoloters and antichrists John writes of in his epistles.

7th- Jesus is also the True God and the True one in 1 John. Jesus is the true light which brings light to all men (John 1:9) Jesus is the truth (John 14:6)Jesus is the true vine (John 15:1). Jesus is the true witness of God (John 18:37) He who is true (Revelation 3:7) Jesus is the faithful and true witness (Revelation 3:14)Jesus is Lord God Almighty, Just and true are your ways(Revelation 15:3) Jesus is faithful and true(Revelation 19:11).

8th- [In John's writings] Of the approximately 70 instances in which ουτος has a personal referent, as many as 44 of them (almost 2/3 . . . ) refer to the Son. Of the remainder, most imply some sort of positive connection with the Son.31 What is most significant is that NEVER is the Father the referent.FWIW, this datum increases the probability that ιησου χριστω IS the antecedent in 1 John 5:20. Wallace.

So the most logical conclusion is that it refers to Jesus as the true God. Not only is this Wallace's conclusion from Johns usage of outos but He is the closest antecedent (most times in the NT this principal holds true). Eternal Life is never used of the Father alone in John’s writings and only a couple of times does John include the Father with the Son regarding eternal life. John opens up his epistles describing the "eternal life" who was with the Father in the beginning and then ends his epistle with eternal life identifying Jesus as the true God and eternal life. John then says this in the last verse:

1 John 5:21-Guard yourselves from idols

Now why would he leave any ambiguity in verse 20 as to the identity of the true God and eternal life then turn around commanding them to protect themselves from idolatry ? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever unless John is identifying Jesus as the true God and refuting the Gnostics of his day who denied the Incarnation.

hope this helps !!!
Jesus Himself, in addressing the Father, said that He (the Father) is the only true God (John 17:3).

So, if Jesus is the true God and eternal life, He is the Father, the only true God.

Last edited:
Reactions: 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Himself, in addressing the Father, said that He is the only true God (John 17:3).

So, if Jesus is the true God and eternal life, He is the Father, the only true God.
JBF, one day, just one day they will get. I hope sooner than later.

PICJAG.

Reactions: justbyfaith

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok Enoch 111 lets up the ante. since you know I believe that the Lord Jesus is the Holy Spirit, based on 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:"
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow."

who was IN THEM, them the prophet, that spoke of the thing to come? lets check the record, 2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

there is that prophesying by the prophets, the Spirit of Christ is the Holy Spirit who is the Lord Jesus... BINGO... :D

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well since no answer, checkmate.
@Enoch 111 since you cannot answer, we will reveal the truth to you and all. Listen carefully,
if the “Spirit” of Christ is not the Holy Spirit then there are TWO “Spirits” in the OT testifying or prophesying by the prophets of the things to come. And there is only “ONE” Spirit.

And if you want to used that GENERAL Term for GOD, claiming that it could be the Father or the Son, well lets put that lie to bed, For God said in, Hosea 12:10 "I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets." I is a single person designation. So there is only one “I”, who is the Spirit of Christ, and the Spirit of God, THE HOLY SPIRIT. And the only alliterative is two separate and distinct Spirit, and that’s anti bible. BINGO. The Sprit in the OT is the one PERSON JESUS… and that ONE "Spirit" diversified himself in the NT as "Lord", for the LORD is the Lord shared in flesh.

Romans 8:9 MAKES IT VERY CLEAR, "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." BINGO.

well this is enough for a good "LABOR" day worth of spiritual sabotage.... (smile) in one DAY. so good night.

PICJAG.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:9 (NKJV)
9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Reactions: justbyfaith

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is eternal life, He is life. We see this over and over again in the Apostle Johns writings. In Him was LIFE and that LIFE was the light of man. Life of the world, the Bread of LIFE,My words are spirit and they are LIFE, I AM the way,the truth and the LIFE,The LIFE was manifested and we proclaim to you the ETERNAL Life which was with the Father, and was manifested to us- The Prologue of 1st John. So we see that when John uses the phrase True God and Eternal Life together in 1 John 5:20 that He is referring to Christ as the closest antecedent making Him the True God and Eternal Life.

Also we see that when we search the NT that Eternal Life is never used of the Father without the Son but we see that Eternal Life is used over and over with Jesus where the Father is never mentioned. This makes a solid case for Jesus in 1 John 5:20 as the True God and Eternal Life.

20 We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true — even in his Son Jesus Christ. He(Jesus) is the true God and eternal life.

On behalf of seeing χριστος as the antecedent are the following arguments: (1) Although it is true that αληθινος θεος is not elsewhere referred to Christ, αληθεια is, and is so in Johannine literature (John 14:6).

29 Winer-Moulton, 195.
Further, αληθινος θεος is not a "constant.. epithet" as Winer supposes, being found only in John 17:3 and 1 John 5:20! (2) Christ is also said to be ζωη in John's writings John 11:25; 14:6; 1 John 1:1-2), an epithet nowhere else used of the Father. (3) The demonstrative pronoun, ουτος, in the Gospel and Epistles of John seems to be used in a theologically rich manner.30 Specifically, of the approximately seventy instances in which ουτος has a personal referent, as many as forty- four of them (almost two-thirds of the instances) refer to the Son. Of the remainder, most imply some sort of positive connection with the Son.31 What is most significant is that never is the Father the referent.For what it is worth, this datum increases the probability that ιησου χριστω is the antecedent in 1 John 5:20. 32 The issue cannot be decided on grammar alone. But suffice it to say here that there are no grammatical reasons for denying that αληθινος θεος is descriptive of Jesus Christ.

3rd- John opens up his epistle with the Eternal life(Jesus) that was with the Father in the beginning and was manifest to the disciples(1 John 1:1-5)

4th- John ends his epistle with Jesus who is eternal life and only is eternal life found in Him who is the true God.

5th- never is eternal life used of the Father alone. When the Father is included the Son is always mentioned together with the Father making them equal. Equality with the Father was not something Jesus needed to grasp at as He already possessed complete Deity as God.(Phil 2, Col 2:9)

6th- John would not leave his readers with any ambiguity warning them to guard themselves from idols(5:21) So this would be clear his reference was to those who reject Jesus as the true God. They are the idoloters and antichrists John writes of in his epistles.

7th- Jesus is also the True God and the True one in 1 John. Jesus is the true light which brings light to all men (John 1:9) Jesus is the truth (John 14:6)Jesus is the true vine (John 15:1). Jesus is the true witness of God (John 18:37) He who is true (Revelation 3:7) Jesus is the faithful and true witness (Revelation 3:14)Jesus is Lord God Almighty, Just and true are your ways(Revelation 15:3) Jesus is faithful and true(Revelation 19:11).

8th- [In John's writings] Of the approximately 70 instances in which ουτος has a personal referent, as many as 44 of them (almost 2/3 . . . ) refer to the Son. Of the remainder, most imply some sort of positive connection with the Son.31 What is most significant is that NEVER is the Father the referent.FWIW, this datum increases the probability that ιησου χριστω IS the antecedent in 1 John 5:20. Wallace.

So the most logical conclusion is that it refers to Jesus as the true God. Not only is this Wallace's conclusion from Johns usage of outos but He is the closest antecedent (most times in the NT this principal holds true). Eternal Life is never used of the Father alone in John’s writings and only a couple of times does John include the Father with the Son regarding eternal life. John opens up his epistles describing the "eternal life" who was with the Father in the beginning and then ends his epistle with eternal life identifying Jesus as the true God and eternal life. John then says this in the last verse:

Now why would he leave any ambiguity in verse 20 as to the identity of the true God and eternal life then turn around commanding them to protect themselves from idolatry ? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever unless John is identifying Jesus as the true God and refuting the Gnostics of his day who denied the Incarnation.

hope this helps !!!
He is the true God by default, because the true God fully indwells him bodily.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes...Ephesians 4:4.
Correct 100%, for the Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of God. meaning it's the same ONE PERSON. when the people of GOD decide to put 1 and 1 together, and let the Holy Spirit teach them, then they will see the truth as it is, and not what man "think" it is.

well JBF, Enoch 111 has given me a title now, "saboteur", a person who engages in sabotage. and sabotage is, deliberately destroy, damage, or obstruct (something), especially for political or military advantage. if I'm to wear the title, I'm a spiritual saboteur, hey I like the sound of that, "spiritual saboteur". (smile)...lol.

the Holy Spirit by the apostle Paul said, 2 Corinthians 10:4 "(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)"
2 Corinthians 10:5 "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;"
2 Corinthians 10:6 "And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled."

and by the same Holy Spirit in the OT we have marching orders also. Jeremiah 1:9 "Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth."
Jeremiah 1:10 "See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant." :rolleyes:

the term "saboteur" fits me fine, for pulling down false doctrine, and every imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, yes, I'm casting it down, all in the name of the Lord Jesus. :)

PICJAG.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see the oneness folks cannot exegete 1 John 5:20. All they can do is go with their one trick pony verses.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I and My Father are one." (John 10:30) What meaneth this? How readest thou?
1- do you believe the Father and Son are the same person ? yes or no
or
2-do you believe the Father and Son are not each other and One in Nature(Divine) and purpose ? yes or no

Option 2 would be the biblical correct answer.

Reactions: Davy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see the oneness folks cannot exegete 1 John 5:20. All they can do is go with their one trick pony verses.

1 John 5:20 actually substantiates oneness theology quite nicely.

At one Oneness church I went to, they used to quote it at the end of every service.

1Jo 5:20, And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

That is Oneness doctrine to the hilt!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This following Scripture by Apostle Paul is impossible to get around, just as many others quoted by the OP, showing that The Godhead is made up of different Entities, God The Father, God The Son, and God The Holy Spirit Comforter. All 3 make up The Godhead, and work as one.

1 Cor 15:27
27 For He (Father) hath put all things under His (Christ) feet. But when He (Father) saith, all things are put under Him (Christ), it is manifest that He (Father) is excepted, Which did put all things under Him (Christ).

KJV

That because The Father was not born in the flesh to die on the cross. That duty was specifically purposed for His Son Who came in the flesh as Jesus of Nazareth.

1 Tim 2:5-6
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
KJV

Was Jesus Divine before He was born in the flesh? Yes, as God The Son through Whom The Father created all things.
Was Jesus Divine while born in the flesh through woman's womb? Yes, as the Only Begotten Son of God, meaning God with us in the flesh, the meaning of His name Immanuel.
Is Jesus of Nazareth The Mediator between The Father and man? Yes, as The Father's Salvation is not by any other Name than Jesus Christ.

The oneness doctrine of men is nothing but a sly attempt to try and make The Godhead literally a unit of one to turn Christian doctrine into Judaism, and not portraying The Godhead as Three Persons like His Word reveals. Thusly, it is a vain attempt at destroying the Deity of Jesus of Nazareth as The Christ, God The Son, Immanuel (God with us).

Reactions: ChristisGod

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That because The Father was not born in the flesh to die on the cross.

This is true to a certain extent; in that the Father dwells in eternity and cannot cease to dwell in eternity as an eternal Spirit.

However, it should be clear that Jesus is the Father come in human flesh (Isaiah 9:6).

Was Jesus Divine before He was born in the flesh? Yes, as God The Son through Whom The Father created all things.

It should also be clear that the Son was begotten in the incarnation (Luke 1:35, Romans 1:3).

The oneness doctrine of men is nothing but a sly attempt to try and make The Godhead literally a unit of one to turn Christian doctrine into Judaism,

Christianity was originally a sect of Judaism; and there are roots of Judaism in all of Christianity. I believe that James 2:19 substantiates the Jewish shema of the Old Testament in Deuteronomy 6:4.

and not portraying The Godhead as Three Persons like His Word reveals.

God is indeed three Persons. Each of these Persons is the same Spirit (Ephesians 4:4, John 4:24).

Thusly, it is a vain attempt at destroying the Deity of Jesus of Nazareth as The Christ, God The Son, Immanuel (God with us).

I do not see Oneness theology destroying the doctrine of Christ's Deity at all. Rather, it substantiates it to the fullest extent.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

29 Winer-Moulton, 195.

hope this helps !!!
'Verily, verily, I say unto you,
The hour is coming, and now is,
when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God:
and they that hear shall live.
For as the Father hath life in Himself;
so hath He given to the Son to have life in Himself;
And hath given Him authority to execute judgment also,
because He is the Son of man.
Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming,
in the which all that are in the graves shall hear His voice,
And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life;
and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.'

(John 5:25-29)

Hello @Christophany,

I have no doubt that Christ Jesus, the risen Lord, was, and is, God manifest in the flesh: but God has used the terms, 'Father', 'Son' and 'Holy Spirit' for a reason, and I believe we should honour these distinctions.

God knew what He was doing, when He inspired the writing of His Word, and the words He has chosen to use are there for a purpose: it is not for us to try to compress them into One. Though God Himself is One.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @charity,

I emphasize the oneness of the Lord in my posts because there is a tendency in those who believe in the Trinity to err on the other side of the equation into Tritheism.

And also, the fact that I acknowledge that Jesus is "the everlasting Father" (Isaiah 9:6), while not denying the Triune nature of the Godhead, helps Oneness Pentecostals to see that there is indeed a distinction in the members of the Godhead without specific verses that they have been taught about the Oneness of our Lord being compromised.

Reactions: charity