THE TRUTH ABOUT ADAM AND EVE IN THE GARDEN

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

seed

H2233
זֶרַע
zera‛
zeh'-rah
From H2232; seed; figuratively fruit, plant, sowing time, posterity: - X carnally, child, fruitful, seed (-time), sowing-time.

Like it or not, Cain was the child of the devil.

1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Reactions: n2thelight

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, we must disagree with that assessment, and here's why. the titles "father" and "son(s)", are not only biological in nature. listen and understand. in your scripture that you gave, John 8:44, they was "sons" of of the evil one, right, the devil. the term "son", according to Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, primarily signifies the relation of offspring to parent (See John 9:18-John 9:20; Gal 4:30. It is often used metaphorically of prominent moral characteristics. example, descendants, without reference to sex, Rom 9:27. those who act in a certain way, whether evil, Matt 23:31, or good, Gal 3:7. those who manifest a certain character, whether evil, Acts 13:10; Eph 2:2, or good, Luke 6:35; Acts 4:36; Rom 8:14.

understand, being a son of God or of the devil, have nothing to do with biology, but it's spiritual in nature. as with the title "father".

and no Cain was not a "biological" natural son of the devil, but had his "ways", or moral characteristics. he was a murderer. so when one acts like the devil over and over meaning having the devil character, or his characteristics, then he is call the devil son.

let's see it clearly. Matthew 3:7 "But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? so was these men slithering on their bellies on the ground? no, of course not. it's a figure of speech to identify a character, or characteristics of a person. that's all.

PICJAG.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Gen 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

seed

H2233
זֶרַע
zera‛
zeh'-rah
From H2232; seed; figuratively fruit, plant, sowing time, posterity: - X carnally, child, fruitful, seed (-time), sowing-time.

1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Perhaps the fact that Genesis 3:15 is a Messianic prophecy is being missed here.

Reactions: Nancy

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, we must disagree with that assessment, and here's why. the titles "father" and "son(s)", are not only biological in nature. listen and understand. in your scripture that you gave, John 8:44, they was "sons" of of the evil one, right, the devil. the term "son", according to Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, primarily signifies the relation of offspring to parent (See John 9:18-John 9:20; Gal 4:30. It is often used metaphorically of prominent moral characteristics. example, descendants, without reference to sex, Rom 9:27. those who act in a certain way, whether evil, Matt 23:31, or good, Gal 3:7. those who manifest a certain character, whether evil, Acts 13:10; Eph 2:2, or good, Luke 6:35; Acts 4:36; Rom 8:14.

understand, being a son of God or of the devil, have nothing to do with biology, but it's spiritual in nature. as with the title "father".

and no Cain was not a "biological" natural son of the devil, but had his "ways", or moral characteristics. he was a murderer. so when one acts like the devil over and over meaning having the devil character, or his characteristics, then he is call the devil son.

let's see it clearly. Matthew 3:7 "But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? so was these men slithering on their bellies on the ground? no, of course not. it's a figure of speech to identify a character, or characteristics of a person. that's all.

PICJAG.
I know that there is not a clear path to answer but enough evidence to believe that it more likely than not that Cain is of the Devil.

1. Trees in the bible have represented people. Jesus was the tree of life.
2. God put enmity between her seed and his seed, that would children!
3. There was creation of mankind in Gen 1 and the forming or Adam in Gen 2, later taking a bone of Adam and forming Eve.
I came across these scriptures that prove the above.

Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

The sons of God, Adam and his children, daughters of men - not daughters of God but of mankind created in Gen 1.

1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother.

Jesus would not and can not lie when he told the Pharisees,
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning,

Last edited:
Reactions: n2thelight

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, first thanks for the reply, second, as you said,
I know that there is not a clear path to answer but enough evidence to believe that it more likely than not that Cain is of the Devil.
of his action in the way he live, or his character is the determining factor.

The sons of God, Adam and his children, daughters of men - not daughters of God but of mankind created in Gen 1.

1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother.

Jesus would not and can not lie when he told the Pharisees,
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning,
the term "Sons" of God is "Spiritually" alive to God, understand now?. Daughter of men (men which was spiritually dead, or cut off from God). hence why we was in need to be "BORN AGAIN", or become spiritually "ALIVE" to God.

1 John 3:12 read all of the verse, "Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous". his, Cain, evil thoughts like the devil was the cause and occasion of it, the taking of "LIFE".

and yes, the Lord Jesus don't LIE. just read the couple of verse before and one will see
John 8:39 "They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. (STOP, was Abraham their NATURAL father then and there? NO, or was they speaking figuratively of speech?). Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
John 8:40 "But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
John 8:41 "Ye do the deeds of your father. (was this figuratively? lets see), Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. (now fellow, God who is Spirit, is he their father physically? see your mistake now),
John 8:42 "Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
John 8:43 "Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
John 8:44 "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
John 8:45 "And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.John 8:46 "Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
John 8:47 "He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

as said, "Father is simply a title used in figure of speech" here and in the other verses you quoted.

hope this helped.

PICJAG.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
GINOLJC, first thanks for the reply, second, as you said,

of his action in the way he live, or his character is the determining factor.

the term "Sons" of God is "Spiritually" alive to God, understand now?. Daughter of men (men which was spiritually dead, or cut off from God). hence why we was in need to be "BORN AGAIN", or become spiritually "ALIVE" to God.

1 John 3:12 read all of the verse, "Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous". his, Cain, evil thoughts like the devil was the cause and occasion of it, the taking of "LIFE".

and yes, the Lord Jesus don't LIE. just read the couple of verse before and one will see
John 8:39 "They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. (STOP, was Abraham their NATURAL father then and there? NO, or was they speaking figuratively of speech?). Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
John 8:40 "But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
John 8:41 "Ye do the deeds of your father. (was this figuratively? lets see), Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. (now fellow, God who is Spirit, is he their father physically? see your mistake now),
John 8:42 "Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
John 8:43 "Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
John 8:44 "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
John 8:45 "And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.John 8:46 "Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
John 8:47 "He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

as said, "Father is simply a title used in figure of speech" here and in the other verses you quoted.

hope this helped.

PICJAG.
I was really impressed when I read your post about the Book of Revelation.

Now I have a question,

Would you give me the name of the person who actually wrote it?

Reactions: Waiting on him

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was really impressed when I read your post about the Book of Revelation.

Now I have a question,

Would you give me the name of the person who actually wrote it?
Sure God almighty, the Lord Jesus.

PICJAG.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi fellow. Please in the name of Christ accept some gentle correction to your errant post and its assertion, I urge you here on this forum.
Just as Judas was called the son of perdition, John 17:12, along with that Wicked, the man of sin also, 2 Thessalonians 2:3, and just as neither of their biological parents are named Perdition, so it is that Cain being of the wicked one refers to his motives and their alignment with Satan's evil plan, rather than to his physical parentage. 1 John 3:12 is not remotely ascribing Cain's biological paternity to Satan, otherwise we would have a starkly obvious contradiction with this following verse from God's Word:

Gen 4:1
And the man knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man with the help of the LORD.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The *Satan Seed* doctrine is pure nonsense. It has no foundation in Scripture. Those said to be of their father the devil are metaphorical children of the devil, since they display the same characteristics and attitudes.

Which means that the title of this thread in all caps should substitute the words "the truth" with "the lies".

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The *Satan Seed* doctrine is pure nonsense. It has no foundation in Scripture. Those said to be of their father the devil are metaphorical children of the devil, since they display the same characteristics and attitudes.

Which means that the title of this thread in all caps should substitute the words "the truth" with "the lies".

Gee, the way you talk I don't know how one could ever tell Jesus that he was wrong.

As for me, Jesus is truth and when he says 'Ye are of your father the devil' I am assured they are of the devil.

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi fellow. Please in the name of Christ accept some gentle correction to your errant post and its assertion, I urge you here on this forum.
Just as Judas was called the son of perdition, John 17:12, along with that Wicked, the man of sin also, 2 Thessalonians 2:3, and just as neither of their biological parents are named Perdition, so it is that Cain being of the wicked one refers to his motives and their alignment with Satan's evil plan, rather than to his physical parentage. 1 John 3:12 is not remotely ascribing Cain's biological paternity to Satan, otherwise we would have a starkly obvious contradiction with this following verse from God's Word:

Gen 4:1
And the man knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man with the help of the LORD.
Do you know what the word 'seed' means in Gen?

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed;

eh'-rah

seed - reproduces like kinds, apples, oranges, children, etc. Seed in this case mean humans.
enmity - the state or feeling of being actively opposed or hostile to someone or something.

Do you know who was the first murderer? Cain.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

seed

H2233
זֶרַע
zera‛
zeh'-rah

Hi fellow,

What is your thought on "between thy seed and her seed"? What is the serpent's seed and what is the woman's seed?

If the enmity was between Cain and Able, then wouldn't it be the serpent's seed, and Adam's seed?

Much love!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say people are born with competing evil and good urges. I'd also say tares got mixed in with the wheat perhaps in more than one way. Cain was not all bad, and Abel was not all good.

As Stumpmaster pointed out, Eve saw Cain as a gift from God. I think he was too. He had a chance to master the evil urge and to choose the good. Don't we all?

Reactions: Nancy and DNB

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi fellow,

What is your thought on "between thy seed and her seed"? What is the serpent's seed and what is the woman's seed?

If the enmity was between Cain and Able, then wouldn't it be the serpent's seed, and Adam's seed?

Much love!

The seeds God was speaking was her seed and the serpent seed.

Probably getting the cart before the horse. So let me just speak from what I know.

In Gen 1 God created mankind, which would be all races, and they were told to go and *repopulate the earth.
Side note *repopulate would mean that the earth had been populated before. But let's not regress, The trees in the garden represented people and Satan had processed at least one in group of good and evil.

The tree of life was Jesus, the tree of good and evil is where Satan comes in.

Satan possessed man seduced Eve, sexually. This is where you gasp and say "I never heard that before when I was growing up in my "children's Sunday school class and they told me that Eve ate an apple!". What story do you think they could have told. It was one for adults only, but it never got told.

Eve gave birth to the serpent's child Cain, and probably just a bit later had Abel. Yes, she had twins and neither one of them are mentioned to be Able's.

To answer your question. The
1Ti 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As for me, Jesus is truth and when he says 'Ye are of your father the devil' I am assured they are of the devil.
As I already pointed out, that is a metaphorical statement. Since Satan is the source of all evil, all evil doers and evil thinkers are of their father the devil -- they resemble the devil.

Reactions: Nancy and Giuliano

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:eek:

Where do you see this in the Bible??

Oh, and "replenish" meant "to fill up", rather than "refill", at the time . . .

Much love!
1 John 3:9-12 KJV
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. [10] In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. [11] For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. [12] Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

It’s pretty clear here this is metaphorical, if we were to adopt fellers doctrines we’d have to believe Jesus has sexually seduced us
Tecarta Bible

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 3:9-12 KJV
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. [10] In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. [11] For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. [12] Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

It’s pretty clear here this is metaphorical, if we were to adopt fellers doctrines we’d have to believe Jesus has sexually seduced us
Tecarta Bible
It get's fairly wild when you follow through the implications of some views!

Much love!

Reactions: Waiting on him