The Truth about the Kenosis of Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The kenosis, or "emptying," of Christ does NOT MEAN that He divested Himself of His diety, but that He withheld His preincarnate GLORY and voluntarily restricted His use of certain attributes (e.g., omnipresence and omniscience - present everywhere, and all knowing.) Philippians 2:7 but emptied Himself by taking the form of a bond-servant and being born in the likeness of men. He is still God and omnipotent.

Jesus was conceived with the Seed of the Father, empowering Him to be sinless throughout His life. However, humbly bringing Himself down to human frailities allowed His body to die for us. That death on the cross and His resurrection are what saved us. It allowed all who follow Him to be born again of the same Seed of the Father that Jesus was conceived with, in order for the start of our sinlessness to begin, called freedom from sin. Phil. 1:6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;

After the crucifixion and resurrection Jesus prays to the Father in John 17:1Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, 2 as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

There Jesus asked for the attributes of His Godhood back - His omniscience and omnipresence. It is interesting that Jesus used His omnipotence - all powerfulness - while on earth, and along with His power to live free from sin, though tested without failing, He gave those born again the same power to have authority over demons, sickness, even the ability to raise the dead. All we need to know to do the same things that Jesus did while in His ministry is to KNOW WHO you are in Christ.