The Unsaved Man Does Not Need To “Stop Sinning”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obeying the Commandments is ONLY a “waste of time” if you are trying to Make Obedience to the Commandments the Criteria for making it to Heaven....Putting your Total Faith in the Shed Blood Of Jesus to have your sins not only “ Forgiven” But “ Forgotten” is the only way to make it to Heaven....

The best way to keep the Commandments is to know that we don’t have to keep them to get Saved.....I don’t worry about keeping the Law one single bit—- I don’t see God dangling me over Hell,just waiting for one “ slip up” to cast me into eternal flames.....no, the Law did to me what it was supposed to do .....it lead me to Christ and made me a possessor Of the Holy Spirit......who needs the Law when you have something Better to Guide you? That would be “The Holy Spirit Of God”.......Why don’t you know that? Talk about “Christianity 101!” What I am telling you is as basic as one can get....Some people are poor students of the Word and are unable to” Rightly Divide” .....it’s nothing to Chuckle about....
So since we don't keep them in order to get to heaven, then they're not a waste of time then. Problem solved. :)

Which ones are you struggling so much with keeping?

Let's see which ones are possible to keep.

1. Only worship God -- Check!
2. Don't worship demons -- Check!
3. Don't take God's name in vain -- Check!
4. Observe the Sabbath Day -- Check!
5. Honor your parents -- Check!
6. Don't murder -- Check!
7. No Adultery -- Check!
8. Don't steal -- Check!
9. Don't lie -- Check!
10. Don't covet -- Check!

I don't see what the problem is at all.

I know Christians like yourself absolutely HATE the Sabbath with a PASSION. That's just because you have evil in your heart toward God - because the Sabbath is His Holy Day. Isaiah 58:13 When you love God, you love what He loves.

Other than that Commandment, there's really no issue at all, is there?

Reactions: Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I’ve DONE my Study—- 40 years worth.....you have some interesting theories here—— got any Chapter and Verse ? Are you really saying that you are “ without spot or wrinkle of Sin?” Do you really think that you walk as He Walked?” Please tell me that I am misunderstanding you....

I also have 40 + years of study...AND experience in the Kingdom walk. No one remains in the Spirit unless they already have the full stature of Christ...and the maturity to maintain a life that only depends on God for every breath. I have walked for various times in the Spirit...twice actually. Once for a few days...and the second time for a few years. The training of Christ is to learn to adapt our ways to God's. Renewing the mind is about gaining an eternal perspective in every moment of every day.

When anyone walks in the Spirit...under the righteousness of God...they cannot sin. Unless you believe that the righteousness of God is ALSO as filthy rags.

This is not about how much time one has frittered away in studies...but the extent to which an intimate relationship with God has been established.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His burden is light. Especially when you consider what He promises if you simply follow His SUPER-simple Commandments.
However, reaching back to Moses for those commandments, how is that not a rejection of His Actual commandments to the children of God - not to ancient Israel, but to the children of God? He gave two commandments, trust Him, and love others. And the way we keep these is walking in His Spirit.

To my understanding, you trade that to follow the letter instead, and that's "less than", again, to my understanding.

You say I reject God's commandment. I say I pursue the commandments He commanded me, and in the keeping of them, this transcends above Moses.

Much love!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So since we don't keep them in order to get to heaven, then they're not a waste of time then. Problem solved. :)

7. No Adultery -- Check!
8. Don't steal -- Check!
9. Don't lie -- Check!

I know Christians like yourself absolutely HATE the Sabbath with a PASSION. That's just because you have evil in your heart toward God - because the Sabbath is His Holy Day. Isaiah 58:13 When you love God, you love what He loves.

Will answer later.....have not been able to get to this site for last two days....anybody else have trouble ?

Reactions: McFearless

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

7. No Adultery -- Check!
8. Don't steal -- Check!
9. Don't lie -- Check!

Such preoccupation and obsessiveness in regard to the Law! A System that even Paul confessed was Impossible to follow—- something he confessed that neither he nor his fathers could live up to....Your concern with what Paul called “ weak and useless” as far as Salvation was concerned has brought out your True self.....was in not YOU that said effectively that if you give some people enough rope , they will hang them selves? Congratulations.....you have “ hung yourself”....

Please read about yourself in Romans 14......( Newbies to the Faith “ especially” need to be familiar with this Chapter ! You will encounter the types described here quite often in your Walk Of Faith) You are not a bad man....Heck, you may not even be the Legalist that I have long suspected you to be......

Your big concern about the Sabbath ( which I understand and esteem even more than YOU do... ....EVERY Day is a Sabbath for me ! .....One “ Sabbaths” TRULY when they REST in the Finished Work Of The Cross....) yes your obsession with the Sabbath Day shows that your real problem is that you are just a “ weak “ Christian.....

“ One man thinks that one day is better than the other “.... This Guy is compared by Paul to one that thinks he must abstain from certain foods....Paul describes these types of Believers as “ weak” —- this stuff counts for nothing, this side of the Cross.....

We have our “ marching orders” however......I am not to criticize YOU for being weak.... in your own way you are trying to please God.....You are not to criticize ME because my Faith is stronger than yours.....I too, am trying to please God.....

The lesson for Newbies is that we must endure our “ weaker” Brothers.....But We must also remember that NOWHERE in the Bible does it say that we let the “ Weak” rule the Church.....They don’t “ Rule” Christian Forums either....Neither side should condemn the other, but at the very least the sides need to be identified properly .....the weak ones should KNOW that they are the weak ones and let others enjoy the Freedom and Grace that Christ purchased for us at the Cross....

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such preoccupation and obsessiveness in regard to the Law! A System that even Paul confessed was Impossible to follow—- something he confessed that neither he nor his fathers could live up to....Your concern with what Paul called “ weak and useless” as far as Salvation was concerned has brought out your True self.....was in not YOU that said effectively that if you give some people enough rope , they will hang them selves? Congratulations.....you have “ hung yourself”....

Please read about yourself in Romans 14......( Newbies to the Faith “ especially” need to be familiar with this Chapter ! You will encounter the types described here quite often in your Walk Of Faith) You are not a bad man....Heck, you may not even be the Legalist that I have long suspected you to be......

Your big concern about the Sabbath ( which I understand and esteem even more than YOU do... ....EVERY Day is a Sabbath for me ! .....One “ Sabbaths” TRULY when they REST in the Finished Work Of The Cross....) yes your obsession with the Sabbath Day shows that your real problem is that you are just a “ weak “ Christian.....

“ One man thinks that one day is better than the other “.... This Guy is compared by Paul to one that thinks he must abstain from certain foods....Paul describes these types of Believers as “ weak” —- this stuff counts for nothing, this side of the Cross.....

We have our “ marching orders” however......I am not to criticize YOU for being weak.... in your own way you are trying to please God.....You are not to criticize ME because my Faith is stronger than yours.....I too, am trying to please God.....

The lesson for Newbies is that we must endure our “ weaker” Brothers.....But We must also remember that NOWHERE in the Bible does it say that we let the “ Weak” rule the Church.....They don’t “ Rule” Christian Forums either....Neither side should condemn the other, but at the very least the sides need to be identified properly .....the weak ones should KNOW that they are the weak ones and let others enjoy the Freedom and Grace that Christ purchased for us at the Cross....

"The lesson for Newbies is that we must endure our “weaker” Brothers"? The Bible clearly says that we are to love our neighbors.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such preoccupation and obsessiveness in regard to the Law!
Correct, NO NEED "to DO this!" As:
The Bible clearly says that we are to love our neighbors.
Amen! And "The Simplicity Of CHRIST" Is Crystal Clear:

FULFIL ALL Of His Law, In "ONE Word: LOVE your neighbor
as yourself!" (Galatians 5:14; Romans 13:8-10)

Did I mention the "Simplicity Of CHRIST"?

Sure beats "preoccupation and obsessiveness," eh?

GRACE And Peace...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The lesson for Newbies is that we must endure our “weaker” Brothers"? The Bible clearly says that we are to love our neighbors.

Yes , of course.....I stand corrected...Paul’s main point was not to argue with them...that would be an aspect of “love”......

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct, NO NEED "to DO this!" As:

Amen! And "The Simplicity Of CHRIST" Is Crystal Clear:

FULFIL ALL Of His Law, In "ONE Word: LOVE your neighbor
as yourself!" (Galatians 5:14; Romans 13:8-10)

Did I mention the "Simplicity Of CHRIST"?

Sure beats "preoccupation and obsessiveness," eh?

GRACE And Peace...

The *LAW* of CHRIST is this....it’s made very clear in Galatians 6:2......” Bear the burdens Of others , thus fulfilling the Law Of Christ “

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wonder how many times we'll have to have this exact same discussion about Paul. Hmmmmm.

He was a keeper of the Law. Period. The entire Law, that includes the Sabbath.

"... that they ... all may know ... that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the Law."
Acts 21:24
Acts 13:24

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The *LAW* of CHRIST is this....it’s made very clear in Galatians 6:2......” Bear the burdens Of others , thus fulfilling the Law Of Christ “
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."
Ecclesiastes 12:13

Conceptually, Christianity is simple. It's all the wolves, the liars and the lazy Christians who seek bare minimum worship requirements who completely overcomplicate the faith.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."

I agree ! The Commandments were given for “ our” benefit.....any wise man should be able to see that....DO THEM and you will make God happy and He will Bless you for it....Unfortunately, He will not “ Save” you for it......If Anybody could keep the Commandments , Jesus died in vain....

Have you not heard about “ The Curse Of The Law?” .....The Curse is, If you decide to go that route to get your Justification from God , you must obey EVERY LAW every second of every day .....and if you break just ONE Law—- you have broken then all...

The True purpose of the Law is to get you to “ close your mouth”— to get you to Shut Up and see that the Law was given to show that YOU CAN NOT KEEP IT! You need a Savior who DID keep the Law in its entirety and shed His Blood at the Cross to Rescue you from having to try — and FAIL—- to keep what even Paul admitted was an “ Impossible System” that not he nor his fathers could follow perfectly......

Never forget that Jesus said that He “ ADDED to the Law”......Think you are hot stuff because you never committed Adultery? Jesus said that even if you just have a lustful thought, you are just as guilty before God as a man who commits Adultery.....So how are you doing with “ that” one?

Anybody trying to keep the Law for their Salvation is simply barking up the wrong tree....even if they “ COULD” keep the Law ( and they can’t ) the Bible clearly states that “ By The Works Of The LAW, NO FLESH shall be justified.....”

For those of us out here with the Wisdom to KNOW that they can’t keep the 613 Laws given out by God .....Those of us who know that the Law was intended to be something that takes us by the hand and leads us to Jesus.... we can thank God that He gave us a “ loop-Hole” to Save us and remove the cruel, exacting , merciless “ YOKE” of the Law.....That escape clause can be found in 1Cor15:1-4—- simply Believe it and became saved ....

Put your Faith in the Gospel and God will put His Holy Spirit in you and with that Spirit, you will “ Find Yourself” doing a better job of keeping the Law —— you will do more by “ accident” than the poor Religionist who deludes Himself by thinking that he “MUST” keep it and even more delusional, he thinks he “CAN” keep it......

Paul said that the Law was “ weak and useless”.....why? Because as great as the Law was———- it has NO POWER TO SAVE! Paul said that the Gospel “ Has THE POWER THE SAVE!”——— Go to where the TRUE POWER is.....simply Believe the Gospel ......God Bless...

Reactions: Nancy

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
It is a mistake to tell a man devoid of the Holy Spirit ( the Unsaved Man, in other words ) to “stop sinning”......It is God’s Holy Spirit that compels one to hate and abandon sin or to even have the “ Desire” to abandon sin, much less have any Power to do anything about it.....

Don’t tell the Unregenerate Man to “ stop sinning”——- Better to tell him, “ Start BELIEVING !”
Start Believing the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 and “ that” will get you God’s Holy Spirit which must be at the Root Of NOT “Change”—- But Transformation! That “Inside Of the Cup” thing that you may have heard about....Trust God to “ Finish the Work that He started”.....Men can always “ turn over a New Leaf” and Change .....Only God can Transform, and THAT is what you need....” Let go and let God”...... that takes Faith....
I suppose that Jesus made a mistake then...
John 5:14
Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.
John 8:11
She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose that Jesus made a mistake then...
John 5:14
Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.
John 8:11
She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

And you really think that these people that were warned about specific sins to abandon went on to live lives as perfect as Jesus......simply preposterous

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you really think that these people that were warned about specific sins to abandon went on to live lives as perfect as Jesus......simply preposterous
I've seen people who teach sinless perfection abuse and misuse the words of Jesus "go and sin no more" in John 8:11. Jesus was telling the woman to go and leave her life of sin, namely, she had been practicing adultery. Also, Jesus cannot compromise his perfect holy standard, so of course He is not going to say, "go and just sin a little bit."

Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness. (1 John 1:8-10)

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
This has nothing to do with what I think or what the unsaved person/unbeliever did... the thread is about making a mistake by telling the unsaved person /unbeliever to stop sinning. Which is what Jesus did...

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This has nothing to do with what I think or what the unsaved person/unbeliever did... the thread is about making a mistake by telling the unsaved person /unbeliever to stop sinning. Which is what Jesus did...
But that is after they were forgiven. Jesus must have sensed repentance, or He would not have said that. If He just said that to them, it would be unfair to all others who have not repented.