The Unsaved Man Does Not Need To “Stop Sinning”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But don’t you think some people understand they are not able to love their neighbor as much as they love themself and they stop trying so hard to obey what they see they can’t obey and just begin to trust God to change them rather than striving so hard to keep a law they see they can’t?
No, I don't. The 10 Commandments tell us exactly how God expects us to love one another. It is not difficult.

You do realize, right, that all these things I've said are straight from the Bible? Your complaint is not with me.
I present scripture that God has provided to teach about His Commandments. You present anything that appears to contradict it. I don't wrestle against God's Word, I just keep faithfully presenting verses and passages to teach what He teaches in His Word.

It's when keeping the OT commandments is linked to being saved. That's when it is a burden, tying up heavy loads for others.
It is no burden at all to keep the 10 Commandments. The only Commandment that Christians REFUSE to keep is the 4th, the Sabbath Commandment. Nobody .... EVER ... complains about any of the others. To worship God on a Saturday instead of a Sunday .... come on ..... seriously? That's impossible?

His burden is light. Especially when you consider what He promises if you simply follow His SUPER-simple Commandments.

I agree. It’s a burden because I never could love others as much as i loved myself. And because of my love for myself, I couldn’t love God with all my heart. So for people to act like we should be able to pull up a love like that from within ourselves, which is not in us, is a heavy burden.
God tells you exactly how to love others and it is not complicated, or difficult, in the least.

It is no burden.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just say Hyper-Grace.

Puts it into layman's terms for all to quickly understand your zeal for the popular modern mainstream church, completely unbiblical, fables.

Blast your hide! I keep TELLING you—- it is NOT “ Hyper- Grace!”—- it’s *SUPER* Hyper - Grace! Get your facts straight, Mr.Legalist! ( Please Don't take this as being “ mean” ....I am chuckling as I type this.....tee hee....)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I don't. The 10 Commandments tell us exactly how God expects us to love one another. It is not difficult.

This cannot be said except by someone who has not struggled with and lamented over what is in them. This is not what someone who has picked up their cross and begun to follow would ever say.

Reactions: doxley

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are also told anger in the heart is murder. But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t stop resenting and murdering in my heart either. In fact, the harder I tried, the worse it became. So I eventually gave up and waited for God because I read anyone who waited on Him would not be disappointed. I still tried to be polite and mannerly outwardly but I knew God saw what was really in my heart. So you need more grace/power and while you wait for God, you just practice the obedience of trust.

Much wisdom here......and as we fail to “ measure up” on an hourly basis....we are wise to remember to thank God for the Amazing Grace that covers ALL of our Sins and Shortcomings until we make it Home......where we will be as He is.....Perfect.....

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Much wisdom here......and as we fail to “ measure up” on an hourly basis....we are wise to remember to thank God for the Amazing Grace that covers ALL of our Sins and Shortcomings until we make it Home......where we will be as He is.....Perfect.....

That’s what most people do. It’s what they are taught to do. They don’t know there is more grace available to those who practice trust and standing firm in trust.
But it is great encouragement and help to keep you from fainting to learn that after you have struggled for a while to learn the obedience of trust, He will strengthen, confirm and establish you. (1 Peter 5:10)

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You don’t even keep the First and MOST IMPORTANT Commandment—- You, nor anybody else Loves God with “ ALL of their heart, with ALL of their Soul , and ALL of their minds”......You hate the Grace that God has provided to save men because in your hypocrisy and blindness , you do not see the need for it.....you think you “ measure up” because you are deluded into thinking that you keep the Ten Commandments.....

Jesus had a lesson for you that live in the “ Fool’s Paradise” of thinking you are right with God because you “ keep” the Law......have you ever committed Adultery? ......a “ Holy Man” like you probably has not.....Unfortunately, for self- Righteous guys like you, Jesus said that if you even have a Lustful Thought, you are as guilty as an Adulterer........so how ya doing with “ that” one, Blind Guide? You are no different than me—- you sin every hour of every day....if not in actual deed, your thought- life is replete with sin.......If you are ever blessed enough to see how Rotten you are before a Holy God , you will grab on to that Grace like a pit- bull on a poodle.....The Bible says to “ Know Thyself” and you don’t......you are a much worse Sinner than you think you are.....and you need a TON of “ SUPER Hyper Grace.....let me know when you come out of your Stupor......You have not even reached the “ Starting Gate” Of Christianity —— the TRUE Conviction Of Sin......Newbies should try to learn From this guy’s deluded Fleshly thinking.....

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This cannot be said except by someone who has not struggled with and lamented over what is in them. This is not what someone who has picked up their cross and begun to follow would ever say.
I'm not sure you know what the 10 Commandments are, SBG.

As you were referencing loving others:

-Honor your parents
-Don't steal
-Don't murder
-Don't commit adultery
-Don't lie
-Don't covet

Which of these is so impossible?

Be real.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You don’t even keep the First and MOST IMPORTANT Commandment—- You, nor anybody else Loves God with “ ALL of their heart, with ALL of their Soul , and ALL of their minds”......You hate the Grace that God has provided to save men because in your hypocrisy and blindness , you do not see the need for it.....you think you “ measure up” because you are deluded into thinking that you keep the Ten Commandments.....

Jesus had a lesson for you that live in the “ Fool’s Paradise” of thinking you are right with God because you “ keep” the Law......have you ever committed Adultery? ......a “ Holy Man” like you probably has not.....Unfortunately, for self- Righteous guys like you, Jesus said that if you even have a Lustful Thought, you are as guilty as an Adulterer........so how ya doing with “ that” one, Blind Guide? You are no different than me—- you sin every hour of every day....if not in actual deed, your thought- life is replete with sin.......If you are ever blessed enough to see how Rotten you are before a Holy God , you will grab on to that Grace like a pit- bull on a poodle.....The Bible says to “ Know Thyself” and you don’t......you are a much worse Sinner than you think you are.....and you need a TON of “ SUPER Hyper Grace.....let me know when you come out of your Stupor......You have not even reached the “ Starting Gate” Of Christianity —— the TRUE Conviction Of Sin......Newbies should try to learn From this guy’s deluded Fleshly thinking.....
Mmmm-k.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure you know what the 10 Commandments are, SBG.

As you were referencing loving others:

-Honor your parents
-Don't steal
-Don't murder
-Don't commit adultery
-Don't lie
-Don't covet

Which of these is so impossible?

Be real.

If to have anger and fuming at someone in my heart is to have already murdered, and to have even thoughts about someone else is adultery, start with them.

The mistake is to think you are really keeping those commandments just because you keep them outwardly. God desires truth in the inward parts. (Psalm 51:6)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two sinners were praying. Notice, they were exactly alike, both sinners, both praying. What happened that only one of them walked away justified?

The one was commending himself for the things he did outwardly. The other one saw himself inwardly and admitted the truth. It did not mean he was not still a sinner. It just means he was truthful. He walked away justified because he was truthful withGod. The commandments didn’t make him not be a sinner but they showed him he WAS a sinner. He knew what was in his heart and knew God saw what was in his heart.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re being a bit rough brother.

I always start out nice.....who drew “ first blood?” This guy started by talking down to me and others—- we make him “ chuckle” by our ignorance because his thinking is so superior to ours....do YOU enjoy being talked to in such a Condescending manner?
He says my Bible- Based defenses of Grace are “ Shameful” and essentially calls me a Liar , claiming that I am spreading “ Fables”......
I’m not nearly as “ rough” as Paul was to the Legalists Of His day.....he called them “ Perverts” , said they were “ Accursed” ( a polite way of saying “ damned by God) and never said to try to persuade them or even pray for them....His verdict was clear—- ( using the example of Ishmael and Hagar, who represented all workers of fleshly deeds ) “ Cast Out the Bondwoman and her son”....
Those , like GEN, that insist that Christians must follow the Law ( did he ever read the Book Of Galatians ?) To be Truly Saved correspond to Ishmael who God has “ cast out” ......this side of the Cross , if one is not Trusting Christ ALONE for the Forgiveness of sins and insist upon adding to the Finished Work Of The Cross with their “ Leaven” can NOT have a place in God’s Family....they are “ Fallen From Grace”.......
“ A little Leaven leavens the whole batch.....” I don’t want to see Newbies exposed to this “ Accursed ,False Gospel” .....how about you? Sometimes a little “ roughness” is Justified.....Legalism destroyed some of the churches that Paul founded ( “ all of Asia- Minor has deserted me ) .....I’d hate to see it happen here.....I am God's “ Pit Bull” when it comes to attacking Leaven—- some will just have to deal with it....I am sorry if it offends some people .....maybe...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sigh. What you see is a gift. It’s a gift of sight. He hasn’t been given that gift. Don’t use a gift to smack others with just because they’ve smacked you. Be firm but not unkind. He smacked me first is not from God. It’s from your own flesh. You have to learn to not let someone else’s flesh stir up your own so you will be effective.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you please quote one single post from any thread on this forum, much less from this one, where somebody claimed that we obey the 10 Commandments in order to be saved?

Modern - Day Gospel Perverters are WAY to clever to put it “ that” way.....they use a kind of back- loading approach......” Sure, we are Saved by Grace , but ya gotta prove you were Saved by Grace by your dedication and ability to keep the Law”...... make sure you read my next post...

Reactions: mailmandan

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are not under the law

Christians are not under the law. They have fulfilled and fulfill the law through Jesus Christ; the main purpose of His death on the cross.

See the purpose of Jesus death.

Reasons Christians are not under the law
1. The law was destroyed

The main purpose of Jesus death was to destroy the law and save man. This was achieved when the law was nailed on the cross but Jesus left the law nailed on the cross and brought salvation to humanity.

Col 2:14: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out-of-the-way, nailing it to his cross.

2. Being a Christian is living under grace not under the law

The word Christian comes from the word Christ. Being a Christian is being Christ-like which is being under grace not under the law thus Christians are not under the law.

Jesus is a Jesus of grace not of the law and He does not mix Himself up; you cannot mix a new wine into an old wine.

3. Law was preparing the way for the master; Jesus

The law was a school master preparing the way for the master (Jesus Christ) and after the master come, the law ceased to exist.

Gal 3:24-26: Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For you are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

We Christians are with the master.

4. The law is a shadow of Jesus Christ

Heb 10:1: For the law having a shadow of good things to come….

When a friend/relative or any close person you have missed tells you s/he is coming to visit, and when s/he comes what appears first is his/her shadow, and you go hugging and kissing this shadow and when your friend appears, s/he finds you having ‘quality time’ with the shadow to a point you cannot recognize him/her.

Will you friend not definitely be mad with you?

Many people are busy intimate with a shadow while the real man is standing beside them watching and waiting to be welcomed and many are not letting the shadow go to welcome and invite the real person.The law is a shadow, the real person is Jesus Christ.

5. Law is slavery, Christianity is freedom

Christianity is freedom.

Gal: 5:1: for freedom Christ has set us free, stand fast therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.

Jesus set us free from all form of slavery; free from law, tradition, religion and legalism which requires responsibly. Legalism totally destroys the power of the Gospel.

Christianity is not a religion but a relationship with Jesus Christ.

There are preachers and teachers of the word out there who are preaching another gospel. They are taking Christians back to slavery (law) and this is crucifying Jesus Christ again.

Indeed after having been delivered from the law, to deliberately place ourselves once again under its [control] is said to be ‘falling from grace’.

Heb 6:6: If they shall fall away, to renew them again to repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Gal 5:4: You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law you have fallen away from grace.

Paul shoots it straight in Romans 10:4 Christ is the end of the law for righteousnessto everyone who believes.The law includes circumcision which he had to deal with in the early church. The Jews said that for the gentiles to be Christians, they had to be circumcised.

Many people are denying themselves freedom by going back to bondage. They have put Christianity to be a responsibly with rules, laws, duties, roles and all forms of slavery and not a respond and focus on Jesus Christ. Many Christians have been killed by this slavery found in some divisions of Christian churches.

Christianity has become a heavy burden and yoke to many. Jesus said, ‘for my yoke is easy, and my burden is light (Mt: 11:30).

The heavy burden in Christianity is brought by scoffers and Satan agents burdening Christians with responsibilities until they give up on their Christianity walk.

Stand firm on the faith I have taught you: faith which is not mixed with the law and be free (freedom).

Gal 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

God bless

I got a better list than this but I can’t find it yet....if I find it, I will post it...

Reactions: doxley

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christians are not under the law

Christians are not under the law. They have fulfilled and fulfill the law through Jesus Christ; the main purpose of His death on the cross.

See the purpose of Jesus death.

Reasons Christians are not under the law
1. The law was destroyed

The main purpose of Jesus death was to destroy the law and save man. This was achieved when the law was nailed on the cross but Jesus left the law nailed on the cross and brought salvation to humanity.

Col 2:14: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out-of-the-way, nailing it to his cross.

2. Being a Christian is living under grace not under the law

The word Christian comes from the word Christ. Being a Christian is being Christ-like which is being under grace not under the law thus Christians are not under the law.

Jesus is a Jesus of grace not of the law and He does not mix Himself up; you cannot mix a new wine into an old wine.

3. Law was preparing the way for the master; Jesus

The law was a school master preparing the way for the master (Jesus Christ) and after the master come, the law ceased to exist.

Gal 3:24-26: Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For you are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

We Christians are with the master.

4. The law is a shadow of Jesus Christ

Heb 10:1: For the law having a shadow of good things to come….

When a friend/relative or any close person you have missed tells you s/he is coming to visit, and when s/he comes what appears first is his/her shadow, and you go hugging and kissing this shadow and when your friend appears, s/he finds you having ‘quality time’ with the shadow to a point you cannot recognize him/her.

Will you friend not definitely be mad with you?

Many people are busy intimate with a shadow while the real man is standing beside them watching and waiting to be welcomed and many are not letting the shadow go to welcome and invite the real person.The law is a shadow, the real person is Jesus Christ.

5. Law is slavery, Christianity is freedom

Christianity is freedom.

Gal: 5:1: for freedom Christ has set us free, stand fast therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.

Jesus set us free from all form of slavery; free from law, tradition, religion and legalism which requires responsibly. Legalism totally destroys the power of the Gospel.

Christianity is not a religion but a relationship with Jesus Christ.

There are preachers and teachers of the word out there who are preaching another gospel. They are taking Christians back to slavery (law) and this is crucifying Jesus Christ again.

Indeed after having been delivered from the law, to deliberately place ourselves once again under its [control] is said to be ‘falling from grace’.

Heb 6:6: If they shall fall away, to renew them again to repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Gal 5:4: You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law you have fallen away from grace.

Paul shoots it straight in Romans 10:4 Christ is the end of the law for righteousnessto everyone who believes.The law includes circumcision which he had to deal with in the early church. The Jews said that for the gentiles to be Christians, they had to be circumcised.

Many people are denying themselves freedom by going back to bondage. They have put Christianity to be a responsibly with rules, laws, duties, roles and all forms of slavery and not a respond and focus on Jesus Christ. Many Christians have been killed by this slavery found in some divisions of Christian churches.

Christianity has become a heavy burden and yoke to many. Jesus said, ‘for my yoke is easy, and my burden is light (Mt: 11:30).

The heavy burden in Christianity is brought by scoffers and Satan agents burdening Christians with responsibilities until they give up on their Christianity walk.

Stand firm on the faith I have taught you: faith which is not mixed with the law and be free (freedom).

Gal 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

God bless

I got a better list than this but I can’t find it yet....if I find it, I will post it...

Armchair philosophy aside, this is a total misunderstanding of the gospel. The law that we are free from is the law of Moses...JUDAISM. A Christian does NOT need to convert to Judaism to follow Christ. THAT was the big issue back in the day, and it is no longer so. But the enemy uses an archaic problem to create a modern confusion. And this is attractive to sinners because it appears that God has gone soft on sin. But each of us is fully responsible for every thought and every action we do.

What this post is affirming is something the Bible calls...lawlessness. The way of Christ is not lawless. WE fulfill the law when we walk in the Spirit.

Rom. 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

The false gospel takes the responsibility for sin away from the sinner...a clear error that causes lawlessness to thrive among those who have been led astray by lies. The false gospel relies on a vain philosophy rather than power from heaven to fulfill the just requirements of the law. Walking IN Christ fulfills the law of God because IN Christ is no sin. In Him we walk as He walked.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No need for lists, just answer one question.

What is the duty of man per scripture?

The Duty Of man is to “ Fear God and keep His Commandments”.....
You really enjoy Living under the Old Covenant don’t you?

Jesus is the only one that kept all of the Commandments Of God.....Do you think that YOU are the equal to Jesus or something? The very thought of that makes me “ Chuckle”.....This side of the Cross ( ya ever hear about it and the Good News it ushered in?) God declared through the writings of Paul that the Law was “ weak and useless” because it had “ NO POWER TO SAVE”...... God had to come up with a “New and Better” Plan that actually * HAD* the Power to save..... It’s called “The Gospel”..... it’s what God has done for sinful, Lost men like you and I —- it’s NOT what man does for God —- especially doing a “ Duty” that he can not perform adequately .....unless you are foolish enough to think you can keep it 24/7....the Standard for this “Duty” is Perfection.....

Do your “ Duty” to your heart’s content ....you won’t be saved by that.....you won’t be saved by Duty- Keeping, Obeying all of the Commandments or anything else your Pride conjures up......One ONLY gets Saved according to our “New and Better” Covenant, by putting your Complete Faith in the Shed Blood Of Jesus Christ to pay the price for your sins — Plus NOTHING!

Jesus died for your sins and rose from the grave.....the only “ Duty” you have since Jesus declared “ It is Finished” is to Believe that......Its “ Dutiful” enough to get one Saved......

You can go ahead and cling to those Old Commandments ( as wise as they were) and worship something that has NO POWER......Me? I’m gonna go where the True Power to Save is Found......the Gospel Plus Nothing .....Add to it with Anything and you will continue to be one that has “ Fallen From Grace” .....” Anything” especially means going back to the Law for your Justification ( By The Works Of The Law NO Flesh will be Justified) , essentially Spitting on the Shed Blood Of Jesus and saying “ Yeah, Jesus Sacrifice was “Essential” for Salvation—- it just wasn’t “ Adequate” for Salvation.....”

Do you Spit and Chuckle at the same time? Just asking.....

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, if it's only an innocent "waste of time" to obey the Commandments, why the furious onslaught from all directions against it? What is the threat? I know exactly what the threat is to all of you, but I'd like to hear your explanation since

Obeying the Commandments is ONLY a “waste of time” if you are trying to Make Obedience to the Commandments the Criteria for making it to Heaven....Putting your Total Faith in the Shed Blood Of Jesus to have your sins not only “ Forgiven” But “ Forgotten” is the only way to make it to Heaven....

The best way to keep the Commandments is to know that we don’t have to keep them to get Saved.....I don’t worry about keeping the Law one single bit—- I don’t see God dangling me over Hell,just waiting for one “ slip up” to cast me into eternal flames.....no, the Law did to me what it was supposed to do .....it lead me to Christ and made me a possessor Of the Holy Spirit......who needs the Law when you have something Better to Guide you? That would be “The Holy Spirit Of God”.......Why don’t you know that? Talk about “Christianity 101!” What I am telling you is as basic as one can get....Some people are poor students of the Word and are unable to” Rightly Divide” .....it’s nothing to Chuckle about....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The narrow gate is actually entering INTO Jesus (the doorway into eternal life and reality) so as to walk as He walked...without spot or wrinkle of sin. If that was the only standard of salvation then most believers could not be saved seeing that many will TRY or SEEK to enter in and be unable. Non-believers don't TRY to enter INTO Christ. Nowadays modern believers don't even do that!

Do more study.

I’ve DONE my Study—- 40 years worth.....you have some interesting theories here—— got any Chapter and Verse ? Are you really saying that you are “ without spot or wrinkle of Sin?” Do you really think that you walk as He Walked?” Please tell me that I am misunderstanding you....