The Unsaved Man Does Not Need To “Stop Sinning”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More Hyper-Grace Blather.

THAT's the song your crowd sings as they march together in great bliss of ignorance and harmony of heresy down the wide road to the fire of the fellowship of the blind, singing and dancing in darkness.
textgram_1513034069.png

That “ Narrow Gate” is Jesus.Plus Nothing.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What YOU call legalists are those who faithfully obey the Commandments of God per scripture.

Think again, Chester—— A “ Legalist” thinks he is Saved or stays saved by keeping the Law.....In his confusion and ignorance , he never realizes he is wasting his time.....even if he “ could” keep the Law , an Impossible task that even Paul confessed that neither He nor his fathers could do, the Bible plainly declares that “ by the Keeping of the Law , NO flesh will be Justified”......you give new meaning to being a “ Poor Student of the Word”......All Of this stuff is “ Christianity 101— it goes right over your head...Pray that God Grant you “ eyes to see”......
Your efforts are truly shameful. I have to take a step back to deal with your lack of knowledge of scripture.

First of all, if it's only an innocent "waste of time" to obey the Commandments, why the furious onslaught from all directions against it? What is the threat? I know exactly what the threat is to all of you, but I'd like to hear your explanation since you see the logic in claiming it is simply a "waste of time."

Secondly, if you claim that, then are you saying we will be damned to hell for obeying them? Because that would be preposterous and if not, what is the terrible offense?

And about your painfully embarrassing claim that Paul couldn't keep the Law, take a very close look at Acts 21:24 where it states plainly that he was a keeper of the Law. And, seeing as how he also kept the Sabbath in multiple other places in the NT - including Acts 13:42, he was always a keeper of all the Commandments. Just exactly like Jesus was. John 15:10

No flesh IS justified by the keeping of the Law. That is NOT the motivation - to be justified by it. We are justified by Christ's Holy Spirit who lives within us and empowers us to obey His Father's Commandments just exactly as Christ's Spirit did while in the body. John 15:10
That is also HOW it is NOT works salvation to obey the Commandments when it is the Holy Spirit that is doing the work that we are incapable of WITHOUT Him.

You're right about one thing. The nonsense you are spouting IS Christianity 101. That is ALL that it is. It's about the FIRST layer of the onion of the Truth of the Bible. Dig a little deeper than your AVERAGE Sunday School Teacher teaches and you'll begin to find the real Truth of the matters.

Good gracious!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, if it's only an innocent "waste of time" to obey the Commandments, why the furious onslaught from all directions against it? What is the threat? I know exactly what the threat is to all of you, but I'd like to hear your explanation since you see the logic in claiming it is simply a "waste of time."

The commandent from the Law says, love others as you love yourself. Jesus brought a new commandment, love as I have loved you. And you cannot do that through observance to the OT Law. They simply are not the same thing. The Law defines a behavior, and a mindset, but lacks power to transform us. But that is what Jesus does, He transforms us. And the only way - the only way - we can do that is if we are in fact transformed by Christ, because Christ is transcendant.

The Law was given as a pedagogue UNTIL faith in Christ came. Holding to the 10 Commandments is holding to the pedagogue instead of walking into maturity in Christ. Christ formed within you.

The Bible declares us dead to the Law, comparing us to a woman widowed. Do we cling to our spouse's corpse? We are dead to the Law, that we may serve Another. Shall we let go the corpse, so we can serve the Living Jesus?

The Law is a ministry of death, which is to say, the only thing the Law brings to you is . . . death. So is that what you are trying to gain?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was he wabbit? :p
He was Wiccan. He had long hair, and he wanted to cut it all off, but he didn't trust anyone with his hair. So he asked me to do it for him, because he knew I was a Christian, and wouldn't try to cast spells over him with his hair locks. So I did.

Much love!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE="marks"
The Law was given as a pedagogue UNTIL faith in Christ came. Holding to the 10 Commandments is holding to the pedagogue instead of walking into maturity in Christ. Christ formed within you.

The Bible declares us dead to the Law, comparing us to a woman widowed. Do we cling to our spouse's corpse? We are dead to the Law, that we may serve Another. Shall we let go the corpse, so we can serve the Living Jesus?

The Law is a ministry of death, which is to say, the only thing the Law brings to you is . . . death. So is that what you are trying to gain?" END QUOTE

Bingo.

So what you're saying is, "Whatever you do, DO NOT obey the Commandments of God!"

Did I get that right?

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bingo.

So what you're saying is, "Whatever you do, DO NOT obey the Commandments of God!"

Did I get that right?
Did you get it right? What part?

Is that what I said? No, it is not.

Much love!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bingo.

Did I get that right?

I would say *DO* the Commandments as best you can......YOU will be the Beneficiary......just don’t do it to GET Saved and don’t do it to STAY Saved.......” Turning to God ( the Repentance That leads to Salvation) with FAITH in Jesus Christ” is the Recipe for Salvation.....Simply Do that and God will put His Holy Spirit in you and you will become like me and the minority’s Of “Believers” Who “ Get It” —- We don’t worry about the Law because we know that if has accomplished it’s true purpose in our lives......that purpose was to “shut our mouths” and show us that we were Sinners that needed a Savior....Those confused, Ignorant people (Like we see here every day) who think that their “ Obedience to the Law” is what gets them Saved need to Learn lesson #1 —— SHUT UP !

Shut up about the Law when it comes to it being the means of Salvation and wake up to the Fact that Salvation comes from Believing Paul’s Gospel , given to him by Jesus ( 1Cor15:1-4 )

Yep.....I don’t worry about the Law anymore when it comes to my Salvation—- FAITH in Jesus is the answer.....Ironically, those of us who no longer worry about Commandment Keeping for our Salvation do a better job of keeping the Commandments than your type does......what you sweat about and work so hard for comes naturally to those that REST in the Gospel Of Pure Grace.....I do more Good by accident than you do by working and fretting......you have no idea what I am talking about.....you will understand it some day.....it will probably be too late.....I sincerely hope not.....I will pray that God opens your eyes....you are blind and don’t even know it....

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shut up about the Law when it comes to it being the means of Salvation and wake up to the Fact that Salvation comes from Believing Paul’s Gospel , given to him by Jesus ( 1Cor15:1-4 )
I see so many of you making this general false accusation constantly.

The problem is nobody has even made that claim. Nobody.

Can you please quote one single post from any thread on this forum, much less from this one, where somebody claimed that we obey the 10 Commandments in order to be saved?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That “ Narrow Gate” is Jesus.Plus Nothing.

The narrow gate is actually entering INTO Jesus (the doorway into eternal life and reality) so as to walk as He walked...without spot or wrinkle of sin. If that was the only standard of salvation then most believers could not be saved seeing that many will TRY or SEEK to enter in and be unable. Non-believers don't TRY to enter INTO Christ. Nowadays modern believers don't even do that!

Do more study.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GEN2REV said:

Did I get that right?
Is that what I said? No, it is not.

Yeah it basically is. Look again.

QUOTE from Marks
"The Law was given as a pedagogue UNTIL faith in Christ came. Holding to the 10 Commandments is holding to the pedagogue instead of walking into maturity in Christ. Christ formed within you.

The Law is a ministry of death, which is to say, the only thing the Law brings to you is . . . death. So is that what you are trying to gain?"END QUOTE

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand why people see the commandments as burdens.
Since Love fulfills the Law, it is love which motivates us to love the Lord with all our heart (1st 4 Commandments) and our neighbor as ourselves(last 6).
The law is fulfilled when we act out of love--Jesus was adamant that we love each other--it is the only way. These Laws are written on the heart when we truly love as Christ asked us to.
It is a lifetime work, and we need to ask for guidance

Reactions: GEN2REV

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand why people see the commandments as burdens.
Since Love fulfills the Law, it is love which motivates us to love the Lord with all our heart (1st 4 Commandments) and our neighbor as ourselves(last 6).
The law is fulfilled when we act out of love--Jesus was adamant that we love each other--it is the only way. These Laws are written on the heart when we truly love as Christ asked us to.
It is a lifetime work, and we need to ask for guidance
You're right.

Brings up an interesting tendency among Christians who deny the Commandments as well.

Most modern Christians accept the 2 laws that Jesus described in the NT, because that is what they've been taught by modern churches and modern Christianity as a whole, but isn't it interesting that almost none of them ever think to ask HOW?

HOW should we love God, ... HOW should we love our neighbor?

Well, God has already taken care of the how with the 10 Commandments. He tells us exactly how to love Him and exactly how to love our neighbor.

Doesn't it seem like if the final eternal status of your soul was on the line, which it is, that you might want to know exactly how it is that God would like us to show our love for Him and for our neighbor?

Nobody who embraces Hyper-Grace, and the denial of God's Commandments written in Stone, ever cares to know what is expected of them. They are perfectly satisfied with the bare minimum prescription that is popularized by modern churches. Believe in Jesus and love Him and your neighbor and you can leave the church on Sunday, head to the beer store, go home and watch football and drink and smoke and cuss and live the rest of the week exactly how you please and you will go straight to the holiest destination that has ever existed, to live among the holiest beings there are ... for eternity.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. ;)

Just like you say, the first 4 Commandments teach us how to express, and live, our love for God, and the last 6 teach us how to do so for mankind.

It's simple, really. Especially when you consider all that God promises to do for us if we comply.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But don’t you think some people understand they are not able to love their neighbor as much as they love themself and they stop trying so hard to obey what they see they can’t obey and just begin to trust God to change them rather than striving so hard to keep a law they see they can’t?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yeah it basically is. Look again.

QUOTE from Marks
"The Law was given as a pedagogue UNTIL faith in Christ came. Holding to the 10 Commandments is holding to the pedagogue instead of walking into maturity in Christ. Christ formed within you.

The Law is a ministry of death, which is to say, the only thing the Law brings to you is . . . death. So is that what you are trying to gain?"END QUOTE
You do realize, right, that all these things I've said are straight from the Bible? Your complaint is not with me.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. It’s a burden because I never could love others as much as i loved myself. And because of my love for myself, I couldn’t love God with all my heart. So for people to act like we should be able to pull up a love like that from within ourselves, which is not in us, is a heavy burden.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. It’s a burden because I never could love others as much as i loved myself. And because of my love for myself, I couldn’t love God with all my heart. So for people to act like we should be able to pull up a love like that from within ourselves, which is not in us, is a heavy burden.
But we are told to love one another, and if we have a hard time with that (I am chief of this, as well as chief of sinners) we need to let the Lord know we need help with it. He knows we do, but it is good to bring it to Him.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But we are told to love one another, and if we have a hard time with that (I am chief of this, as well as chief of sinners) we need to let the Lord know we need help with it. He knows we do, but it is good to bring it to Him.

We are also told anger in the heart is murder. But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t stop resenting and murdering in my heart either. In fact, the harder I tried, the worse it became. So I eventually gave up and waited for God because I read anyone who waited on Him would not be disappointed. I still tried to be polite and mannerly outwardly but I knew God saw what was really in my heart. So you need more grace/power and while you wait for God, you just practice the obedience of trust.

Reactions: Cassandra