The Vision--another look

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your concern is fine, but telling me I shouldn't be speaking about modern prophets is based upon what exactly?
In the first place, I didn't say that you shouldn't. I asked if I shall? Is this something I should do?

In response to . . .

My main concern is with Keraz, and I drew both of your attention to it because I don't know that he should be encouraged to say such things in this particular context. If he had spoken about something else, maybe, but he is putting his foot ever deeper into his mouth now, and it's not good for him or anyone else.

Should you be encouraged? Anyone can ask that question of anyone, but this is an open forum. And we all speak our minds, do we not? I disagree with you on some things, I think that maybe you shouldn't be posting on those topics. See how that sounds?

To be clear, this is just a metacommunication moment . . .

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should you be encouraged? Anyone can ask that question of anyone, but this is an open forum. And we all speak our minds, do we not?

Well of course we should. The only difference in Keraz's case is that he is setting dates for the return of the Lord Jesus Christ. This is a different matter. I maintain that it crosses the line from expressing mere opinion into borderline violation of the teaching that "no man knows the day or hour." Granted he may not be setting the day and hour, only the year, but it still sets a dangerous precedent, as those who have done so in the past have ended up causing multitudes of believers to become disillusioned in the faith.

This is a serious issue in my book, and not merely a matter of holding to differing opinions on our views regarding modern prophecy.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well of course we should. The only difference in Keraz's case is that he is setting dates for the return of the Lord Jesus Christ. This is a different matter. I maintain that it crosses the line from expressing mere opinion into borderline violation of the teaching that "no man knows the day or hour." Granted he may not be setting the day and hour, only the year, but it still sets a dangerous precedent, as those who have done so in the past have ended up causing multitudes of believers to become disillusioned in the faith.

This is a serious issue in my book, and not merely a matter of holding to differing opinions on our views regarding modern prophecy.
There are all sorts of dangers here, in my opinion.

What if you are encouraging following a false prophet?

But rather than just go tit-for-tat round and round, if we just put everything to the test of Scripture and let God speak, then we can have truth.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I maintain that it crosses the line from expressing mere opinion into borderline violation of the teaching that "no man knows the day or hour."
While I don't think anyone here knows when Jesus is returning, in the strictest sense, Jesus Did Not say that no one would ever know the time of His return before it happens.

Paul even said that this will be a surprise to the unbelievers, but that unlike them, we are not in darkness, that it should overtake us as a thief. Again, not that I think we know the timing, but we do need to be clear on what the Bible does and does not say.

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I don't think anyone here knows when Jesus is returning, in the strictest sense, Jesus Did Not say that no one would ever know the time of His return before it happens.

Paul even said that this will be a surprise to the unbelievers, but that unlike them, we are not in darkness, that it should overtake us as a thief. Again, not that I think we know the timing, but we do need to be clear on what the Bible does and does not say.

Much love!

We will know the times and seasons, yes (1 Thessalonians 5:1-5), but not the day or hour, nor the year IMO. As for the interpretation that He was not saying "no man would ever know," I once believed this is what the Lord was saying. But I no longer hold to that interpretation. I think the knowledge of the Day and Hour is still in God's hands and will be until the end. If the master knew at what exact hour the thief was coming, he would be waiting for him, and be ready to keep his house from being robbed.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one declared that God states exactly 2000 years from April 14th 30AD, the return would be April 14th 2030 30AD, they would only be wrong on two criteria. Why 2000 years. What if God's will changed.

But that is not prophecy. It could be date setting. Date setting is not punishable, just embarrassing and misleading. Just randomly prophesying the date April 14th 2030 AD with never reading or hearing the Bible read would be punished by the act on a false prophet.

Picking 1000 is not randomn, 2 Peter 3:8 says not to be ignorant of 1000 year periods.

Figuring out the plan of God in 1000 year times frames is not being wrong or sinful, unless math is not your gift, and obviously others may be better at math than you are.

If any one reads any of Numbers and most numbers in the Bible, one can conclude that rounding of numbers happens in Scripture along with round numbers being specific and numbers not rounded as being just as easily specific. But in some cases the rounding of numbers happens.

If using numbers happens frequently in Scripture then date setting cannot be sinful, but an in depth study of the Bible. The math may be off, and other variables as in the exact point in history, and the failure of human calendar keeping in general.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The math may be off, and other variables as in the exact point in history, and the failure of human calendar keeping in general.

Every time this has been attempted, the numbers have been off. It is because the Day and Hour is still in God's hands and will be until the end. As stated above, if the master knew at what exact hour the thief was coming, he would be lying in wait, and ready to keep his house from being broken into.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what happens when a woman joins the conversation, right, it just gets silly.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On occasions he has come away lightly toasted,
I have to laugh . . . you really don't understand about me. You've painted a picture of me in your mind that you can easily dismiss, based on fiction.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, if you must...you're probably a lot skinnier and healthier than me.

Now, where did I put those cheetos...
I don't know . . . because there are far too many of these . . .

Trader-Joes-Ode-to-the-Classic-Potato-Chip-e1560175857257-300x276.jpg

The best chips in the world!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We will know the times and seasons, yes (1 Thessalonians 5:1-5), but not the day or hour, nor the year IMO. As for the interpretation that He was not saying "no man would ever know," I once believed this is what the Lord was saying. But I no longer hold to that interpretation. I think the knowledge of the Day and Hour is still in God's hands and will be until the end. If the master knew at what exact hour the thief was coming, he would be waiting for him, and be ready to keep his house from being robbed.
I think you are most likely right in this. I just wanted to point out that this was not the statement made in that place.

I do have the idea that very shortly before the sudden destruction, we'll know it's about to all happen. I have the idea that when the sun turns black and the moon to blood, we'll be expecting it by then.

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are most likely right in this. I just wanted to point out that this was not the statement made in that place.

I do have the idea that very shortly before the sudden destruction, we'll know it's about to all happen. I have the idea that when the sun turns black and the moon to blood, we'll be expecting it by then.

Much love!

Yes. They will in fact be prophesying it in advance.
Most certainly they will know the time is at hand. I just don't think they'll know the day or hour is all.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace