The Vision--another look

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 11:28-34 is plainly about what will happen during the final 7 years before Jesus Returns.

There is nothing *plain* about it! This is a hotly contested passage. I personally believe the last part of Dan 11 refers to Antiochus 4, and have debated it extensively.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HIH, in reading this thread a second time, as I often do, I am 99% certain I de re ailed it. I'm very sorry. I have to get better at that. In my own threads, I dont care where it leads but I know others do.

Then you will be pleased to know I didn't even notice, LoL.

God bless. Glad you are participating : )

P.S. Not my thread anyway. ;)

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then this fully includes you, and I'm not sure why you wrote it just about others.
Who said I did?
I am not worried about what the Bible says, or the Will of God. If folks are offended, then they are against God’s Will and Word.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said I did?
I am not worried about what the Bible says, or the Will of God. If folks are offended, then they are against God’s Will and Word.
No one is offended by the Word of God, it's the arrogance of a person quoting it to speak in a condescending tone that brings no light, no glory to Him, and no desire to have what is being shared....make sense? That's why we must be led of the Holy Spirit and have the fruits of the Holy Spirit in us so that we can bring His message without causing any blame to the ministry of Christ.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said I did?

Do you care to rephrase that? ;) My 1st thought was, doesn't he care what God thinks?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you care to rephrase that? ;) My 1st thought was, doesn't he care what God thinks?
I am not worried what others think. Since when does worry mean care? To me they are opposite. If I ever use the word care... Honestly I try to avoid that word at all cost. I do have grave concern over those souls who are lost. I get this weird feeling, that when people want to control me because I proclaim God’s Word, it makes me sad. The same argument of control goes both ways. I do not have any desire to control others nor tell them what to do. On the flip side no one wants to hear what I have to say. Not even my own family. I am reminded of the fact that when a person follows God, the whole world will hate them and not understand them. It was said of Jesus that his own people rejected him. Jesus is the most loving being in human flesh. The religious crowd even tried to control Jesus. So yes a weird feeling....

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is offended by the Word of God, it's the arrogance of a person quoting it to speak in a condescending tone that brings no light, no glory to Him, and no desire to have what is being shared....make sense? That's why we must be led of the Holy Spirit and have the fruits of the Holy Spirit in us so that we can bring His message without causing any blame to the ministry of Christ.
Do you have verses to back all this up? God's Word is an offence. Psalms 119:165
Those who love your Torah have great peace;
nothing makes them stumble.
Some versions say offended.
However those who hate God’s Word it will be an offence and stumbling stone. 1 Corinthians 1.

How far we have strayed when we need to present ourselves better to the world than be obedient to God? It is not I being anything else than what God created me to be. Perhaps you are offended in God for my sake? But there is nothing any one can do to change who I am, not even myself. God worked me over my whole life to get me to this point. What you see is what God gave me to be.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have verses to back all this up? God's Word is an offence. Psalms 119:165
Those who love your Torah have great peace;
nothing makes them stumble.
Some versions say offended.
However those who hate God’s Word it will be an offence and stumbling stone. 1 Corinthians 1.

How far we have strayed when we need to present ourselves better to the world than be obedient to God? It is not I being anything else than what God created me to be. Perhaps you are offended in God for my sake? But there is nothing any one can do to change who I am, not even myself. God worked me over my whole life to get me to this point. What you see is what God gave me to be.

This very comment you are sharing can be used by everyone here against your beliefs..

Let's move to a PM.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not worried what others think. Since when does worry mean care? To me they are opposite. If I ever use the word care... Honestly I try to avoid that word at all cost. I do have grave concern over those souls who are lost. I get this weird feeling, that when people want to control me because I proclaim God’s Word, it makes me sad. The same argument of control goes both ways. I do not have any desire to control others nor tell them what to do. On the flip side no one wants to hear what I have to say. Not even my own family. I am reminded of the fact that when a person follows God, the whole world will hate them and not understand them. It was said of Jesus that his own people rejected him. Jesus is the most loving being in human flesh. The religious crowd even tried to control Jesus. So yes a weird feeling....

I feel much the same way in my life, brother. God has taught me that I'm His servant, and others are not my servant. And so I just share what I think God gives me to share, and let God take care of what is His word and what is only what I think is His word!

You just stated something above that sounded very bad, and I thought you might want to rephrase it. You would not be persecuted for acting like a Christian but for acting in a non-Christian way. Non-Christians alone would disregard God's will and God's word! ;)

Perhaps I misunderstood you? I'm just giving you a chance to put things right.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel much the same way in my life, brother. God has taught me that I'm His servant, and others are not my servant. And so I just share what I think God gives me to share, and let God take care of what is His word and what is only what I think is His word!

You just stated something above that sounded very bad, and I thought you might want to rephrase it. You would not be persecuted for acting like a Christian but for acting in a non-Christian way. Non-Christians alone would disregard God's will and God's word! ;)

Perhaps I misunderstood you? I'm just giving you a chance to put things right.
Thanks for the opportunity to clear things up.

Who persecutes humans acting non-christian like?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the opportunity to clear things up.

Who persecutes humans acting non-christian like?

I'm referring to post #106 where you said:
"I am not worried about what the Bible says, or the Will of God. If folks are offended, then they are against God’s Will and Word."

I just though you might like to rephrase that because it confused me. I think you were trying to say something like, "I'm not worried about how folks think about God's word." Is that it?

Nobody persecutes people for acting in a non-Christian way. If you were proposing that the word of God doesn't matter, then obviously they're not going to persecute you. But if you do promote the word of God, ungodly people are going to oppose you. You just have to be sure that what you're promoting is, in fact, the word of God.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm referring to post #106 where you said:
"I am not worried about what the Bible says, or the Will of God. If folks are offended, then they are against God’s Will and Word."

I just though you might like to rephrase that because it confused me. I think you were trying to say something like, "I'm not worried about how folks think about God's word." Is that it?

Nobody persecutes people for acting in a non-Christian way. If you were proposing that the word of God doesn't matter, then obviously they're not going to persecute you. But if you do promote the word of God, ungodly people are going to oppose you. You just have to be sure that what you're promoting is, in fact, the word of God.
I am not worried about myself.