The Vision--another look

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

I'm being picky to understand, sorry. So what they are to pray for is to escape persecution in order to be alive after all those events and to not die during them?

Reactions: marks

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that's why I think that the manuscript that says "have strength" is more likely correct, though I wouldn't be dogmatic.

Because what indeed does make one worthy? I would answer that our worthiness is only found in Christ. And if that is the true reading I would answer by trusting in Christ.

Jesus also told them to pray that their fleeing not be on the Sabbath, or in winter, and that it would be especially hard for those pregnant, or who have children.

Much love!

But if they trusted in Christ and you trusted in Christ, why were you taken out to escape it and they werent?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what Jesus is telling the jews is to pray they will be young and healthy enough to run away from his persecution?
Not just that.

34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

You want to be watching. Ready.

Hesitation will get one killed in that situation. Don't go into the house to get your coat, your slippers, your Beatles collection. Don't yearn for the comforts of your home, just get out, it's a death trap.

Stay in Jerusalem, you'll be there when the overwhelming scourge passes through! It will be terror to understand the meaning of that!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh wait, okay so you quote the look up verse here for us. So some of it is for us and some of it only for the jews?
I'm not sure what you mean. Even those places addressed to others hold meaning for all of us.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not just that.

34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

You want to be watching. Ready.

Hesitation will get one killed in that situation. Don't go into the house to get your coat, your slippers, your Beatles collection. Don't yearn for the comforts of your home, just get out, it's a death trap.

Stay in Jerusalem, you'll be there when the overwhelming scourge passes through! It will be terror to understand the meaning of that!

Much love!

One more question? Verse 35 says it will come upon all who dwell on the face of the earth. How do you tie that into your thought that it only has to do with the area of jerusalem?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you mean. Even those places addressed to others hold meaning for all of us.

Okay so dont get mad at me but...you appear to push off any disturbing verse on someone else and to take any nonthreatening or pleasant verse to you.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if they trusted in Christ and you trusted in Christ, why were you taken out to escape it and they werent?
It's not about me and them. It's about now, and then.

It's just like the Isrealites, they longed to see the days the disciples saw. But they just lived in a different time.

If it just so happens that God is going to remove the current church preparatory to beginning the process to bring Israel to say, Blessed is He Who comes in the Name of the Lord, If that's what He's doing, then that's all there is to it. Nothing special about me or anyone else, only we happen to be alive at the time this certain thing happens, that being the rapture.

While I don't agree with all things "dispensational", Dispensationalist does best describe my viewpoint.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not about me and them. It's about now, and then.

It's just like the Isrealites, they longed to see the days the disciples saw. But they just lived in a different time.

If it just so happens that God is going to remove the current church preparatory to beginning the process to bring Israel to say, Blessed is He Who comes in the Name of the Lord, If that's what He's doing, then that's all there is to it. Nothing special about me or anyone else, only we happen to be alive at the time this certain thing happens, that being the rapture.

While I don't agree with all things "dispensational", Dispensationalist does best describe my viewpoint.

Much love!

Oh...is it that you think they only come to trust Jesus AFTER the gathering together?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heres what I suspect. It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

I think there will be a gathering together. I think that God Himself will decide who is worthy to escape the time of testing. If a person needs more testing to come out pure, they will not be gathered but the bride will be gathered. I'm not sure if those needing more testing might not be given even greater honor in the end for what they endured for His sake, and being last they might be first. God decides who sits where!

It's the only way I can fit it together.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm being picky to understand, sorry. So what they are to pray for is to escape persecution in order to be alive after all those events and to not die during them?
To escape being put to death by the beast, and to stand before Jesus when He comes, he who endures to the end will be saved. To see, in their lifetime, Jesus, coming in power and glory, sitting on His throne to rule this earth for 1000 years.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To escape being put to death by the beast, and to stand before Jesus when He comes, he who endures to the end will be saved. To see, in their lifetime, Jesus, coming in power and glory, sitting on His throne to rule this earth for 1000 years.

He who endures to the end means he who physically survives?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One more question? Verse 35 says it will come upon all who dwell on the face of the earth. How do you tie that into your thought that it only has to do with the area of jerusalem?
The time of testing is on all who dwell on the earth.

The ones fleeing will be fleeing Jerusalem and Judea, when they see the abomination of desolation.

Jesus' prophecy was given to the Jews, and concerns what will happen in their land, there's actually a 2-fold prophecy between Matthew and Luke, in Luke, when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, flee, this was fulfilled in 70AD, and Matthew, when you see the abomination of desolation, this will be the end of the age.

But this part we're discussing, to flee and stand before the Son of Man, comes later in Luke, and I think rightly fits to Jesus' coming in power and glory.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay so dont get mad at me but...you appear to push off any disturbing verse on someone else and to take any nonthreatening or pleasant verse to you.
But if that's the way it appears, well, I can't say anything, but it's certainly not my criteria.

Perhaps one of the more meaningful verses to me is in James, "Let not many of you be teachers, knowing you will receive a stricter judgment." That's a sobering passage!

One of the more challenging is, Ephesians 4, "Let no corrupt word out of your mouth go forth, but what is good unto the needful building up, that it may give grace to the hearers".

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heres what I suspect. It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

I think there will be a gathering together. I think that God Himself will decide who is worthy to escape the time of testing. If a person needs more testing to come out pure, they will not be gathered but the bride will be gathered. I'm not sure if those needing more testing might not be given even greater honor in the end for what they endured for His sake, and being last they might be first. God decides who sits where!

It's the only way I can fit it together.
This sounds like what I've heard called "partial rapture", those whom God considers 'ready' are caught up, those who are carnal, or different people have different ways to put it, are left behind.

One thing to note is that in Luke 21, 'escape' is active voice, meaning that the people fleeing are the ones doing that, rather than "being gathered out of", for instance. The rapture, whether partial or complete, is done to us. We are "caught up", while those "flee".

Much love!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But NOT a prophecy. For that DW would have to have been 100% correct.
He simply made a number of predictions, that were good educated guess's. Others have done better and most have done worse.

What DW predicted is interesting, but it is far from Bible prophecy, so to accord it any weight for our future is foolishness. Might as well read tarot cards!
Wilkerson was primarily speaking of the AIDS epidemic...it was a very serious issue in the 80's.
History of HIV and AIDS overview
In 1999, the WHO announced that AIDS was the fourth biggest cause of death worldwide and number one killer in Africa. An estimated 33 million people were living with HIV and 14 million people had died from AIDS since the start of the epidemic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Keraz