The Way of Love

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

christs-love

Sep 23, 2011
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ESV 1 Corinthians 12:31 But earnestly desire the higher gifts. And I will show you a still more excellent way.

ESV John 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

I prayed today with tears to obtain from God the gift of love for you and for me and to be holy.
ESV Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand

1 Corinthians 13English Standard Version Anglicised (ESVUK)
The Way of Love

13 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;[b] 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
christs-love said:
ESV 1 Corinthians 12:31 But earnestly desire the higher gifts. And I will show you a still more excellent way.

ESV John 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

I prayed today with tears to obtain from God the gift of love for you and for me and to be holy.
ESV Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand

1 Corinthians 13English Standard Version Anglicised (ESVUK)
The Way of Love

13 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;[b] 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
You nailed it!!!! I love this scripture!!! :)

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
Joh 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

JimmyAk

Mar 25, 2015
Georgia, USA
Love is the mother of all other characters any human being can strive for in life. If you have genuine love, which is the foundation of all things, then you are likely to live a fulfilled life here on earth. For it took love for the availability of your salvation to actualize, it takes love to be humble, kind, peaceful, selfless, giving, compassionate and so forth.