The Wedding Feast/Marriage Supper

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been looking online at some writings and even when the author is of a different end times view as mine, while they are refuting the different views, none of them presents this supper as possibly taking place during the time of testing coming on the world. They only refute that it can't be occurring during the millennium. Surely the view that it is the bride who is found worthy to escape the time of testing is a view held by quite a few, isn't it...?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been looking online at some writings and even when the author is of a different end times view as mine, while they are refuting the different views, none of them presents this supper as possibly taking place during the time of testing coming on the world. They only refute that it can't be occurring during the millennium. Surely the view that it is the bride who is found worthy to escape the time of testing is a view held by quite a few, isn't it...?

I agree, I'm not sure of the timing either. All I know is that John had a series of visions, but they weren't in chronological order.

Where is this found: "the bride who is found worthy to escape the time of testing." Are you talking about the 'whole' Bride? What about the lukewarm Christians that have to go through that time to to get off the fence, one way or the other.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, I'm not sure of the timing either. All I know is that John had a series of visions, but they weren't in chronological order.

Where is this found: "the bride who is found worthy to escape the time of testing." Are you talking about the 'whole' Bride? What about the lukewarm Christians that have to go through that time to to get off the fence, one way or the other.

I was making reference to the verse that says, but pray you will be counted worthy to escape that time of testing...I will go find it.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its in Luke 21. KJV says, "worthy." Other translations say, pray you will have the strength to escape."

Reactions: Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think rev 3:10 is also relevant.
“Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This has to have already taken place.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world.

Hi. Put Biblegateway.com in your favorites. Then you can type in a couple pertinent words and all the verse come up. When I have my two forum sites up (Christian Forums and Christianity Board), I always have Biblegateway up too.

The last four of the seven letters to the churches are actually denominational types of Christians. All seven letters are a prophecy of the different church ages.

Thyatira - Roman Catholic and Orthodox
Sardis - Reformation, start of Protestantism
Philadelphia - Holiness
Laodecia - nominal, lukewarm Christians

Only the Philadelphia type Christian will God supernaturally protect throughout the Great Tribulation. This doesn't mean that they will not be on earth, but is a paradigm of the plagues in Egypt where the Israelites were supernaturally 'protected.' They will not be martyred. Only the other three denominational belief systems will be caught up in the testing, and will either take the mark and live on earth, but perish in hell; or refuse the mark and be martyred on earth, but rule in the Millennium.

This is also the time when the partial blindness of the Jews will be lifted to accept their Messiah, Jesus, and come into the Church. No more Gentiles will come into the Church during this time - they will have received a strong delusion by God to follow the Antichrist.

This doesn't mean that there are no individual holy Catholics or Protestants. They also will be protected. All who abide in Jesus and Him in them will be following His word and His commandments, as do Philadelphians.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its in Luke 21. KJV says, "worthy." Other translations say, pray you will have the strength to escape."

Yes, and "protect" is the better understanding, "for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust."

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The wedding feast is now!

The wedding began when John (the best man) introduced the Groom to His bride...

The feast began and the marital covenant was entered into at the last supper.

The heavenly feast is eternal, but we participate in that feast when we receive the Eucharist, the bride receiving her Groom... The two made one flesh...

The banquet hall doors yet remain open..

All are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi. Put Biblegateway.com in your favorites. Then you can type in a couple pertinent words and all the verse come up. When I have my two forum sites up (Christian Forums and Christianity Board), I always have Biblegateway up too.

The last four of the seven letters to the churches are actually denominational types of Christians. All seven letters are a prophecy of the different church ages.

Philadelphia - Holiness

Only the Philadelphia type Christian will God supernaturally protect throughout the Great Tribulation. This doesn't mean that they will not be on earth, but is a paradigm of the plagues in Egypt where the Israelites were supernaturally 'protected.' They will not be martyred. Only the other three denominational belief systems will be caught up in the testing, and will either take the mark and live on earth, but perish in hell; or refuse the mark and be martyred on earth, but rule in the Millennium.

This is also the time when the partial blindness of the Jews will be lifted to accept their Messiah, Jesus, and come into the Church. No more Gentiles will come into the Church during this time - they will have received a strong delusion by God to follow the Antichrist.

This doesn't mean that there are no individual holy Catholics or Protestants. They also will be protected. All who abide in Jesus and Him in them will be following His word and His commandments, as do Philadelphians.
I have a question, if we say that this marriage is a future event, and we are children of God.... is that not saying that God has children out of wedlock??

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a question, if we say that this marriage is a future event, and we are children of God.... is that not saying that God has children out of wedlock??

Silly. The Father's seed in us (the baptism of the Holy Spirit) makes us a sibling of Jesus. And just as Adams children married each other, so we will marry Jesus.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 4:27-28 KJV
[27] For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband. [28] Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Hmmmm.?.?.?
Tecarta Bible

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
got a Scripture for that? i ask bc i always heard "prepared bride" which seemed to infer being tested first
I was making reference to the verse that says, but pray you will be counted worthy to escape that time of testing...I will go find it.
surely occurs in every life, and is therefore "eternal" so to speak?

Reactions: Nancy
B

brakelite

Philadelphia - Holiness

Why do you discount the possibility of the Laodicean church repenting? Is not that church the final church before Christ comes to take His bride home?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you discount the possibility of the Laodicean church repenting? Is not that church the final church before Christ comes to take His bride home?

I don't. Just because you are born in that time frame doesn't mean you are in the denomination that it represents. The Laodecian church along with Thyatira and Sardis will all have to go through the Great Tribulation and make a stand for righteousness. Although some individuals from those denominations can also be Philadelphians, on fire for God and believe and do His word. They have repented and been filled with the Spirit. During the GT, those who will be martyred are of those three church age types. No unsaved Gentiles will be saved during the GT; they must already be part of the Church and on the road to salvation, but will no longer be allowed to just ride the fence. They will have to make a stand, and repent of their apathy. But if they take the easy road and take the mark of the Antichrist, they will be damned. But if they are willing to die for Christ, they will be completely saved.

Reactions: pompadour
B

brakelite

I don't. Just because you are born in that time frame doesn't mean you are in the denomination that it represents. The Laodecian church along with Thyatira and Sardis will all have to go through the Great Tribulation and make a stand for righteousness. Although some individuals from those denominations can also be Philadelphians, on fire for God and believe and do His word. They have repented and been filled with the Spirit. During the GT, those who will be martyred are of those three church age types. No unsaved Gentiles will be saved during the GT; they must already be part of the Church and on the road to salvation, but will no longer be allowed to just ride the fence. They will have to make a stand, and repent of their apathy. But if they take the easy road and take the mark of the Antichrist, they will be damned. But if they are willing to die for Christ, they will be completely saved.
You seem very sure of all that, considering futurism is all about prediction, as opposed to the way Jesus told us how to determine whether prophecy is being fulfilled...

KJV John 13
19 Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he.

We are told me that it is after fulfillment, not before, that we can be assured of being firm in our faith. Being so sure and determined about what is to come is surely folly. Sure, we can obtain reasonably accurate ideas as to what is to come because we can learn from history... And history repeats.