The white and red horses of the Apocalypse and their horsemen

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well there are 7 kings and the beast is the 8th king and is one of the seven, so if three of the ten kings are taken away that leaves 7 + 1 = 8 kings.

First of all the 7/8 kings are consecutive with 6 currently gone into history.

The ten horns are kings all at the same time during the GT. They are not consecutive and NONE have fallen in history. All 10 remain with ZERO being removed by anyone.

You make one of the most common and biggest errors in Rev, confusing the consecutive mostly historic 8 kings with the end times 10 kings.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The New Testament authors' choice of how they used the words and what they associated the words with every time the words appeared in any verse is more important to me than how any 21st century Christian wants them to have used them - and, no matter how inconvenient to how you want them to have used those words - all the authors of the New Testament used them in the same way.

That's incorrect.

You've made it obvious that you think that, and you've also made it obvious that in the Revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave to His churches, He has "tricked" the dumbest of Christians (like me)

I said people have been tricked but you are the one to say "dumb" not I.

The rest of you are "the wise who will understand" that it in fact refers to a counterfeit, i.e the antichrist.

True but you argue against this by claiming the first rider is Jesus.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Revelation 1:1
"The Revelation (apocalypse, i.e unveiling) of Jesus Christ, which God gave to Him to declare to His servants things which must shortly come to pass. And He signified it by sending His angel to His servant John."

The scroll containing the Apocalypse would still be sealed, were the Lamb of God not slain for the sins of men, because no other man or angel was worthy to loosen its seals (Revelation 5:1-14).

Jesus is the Lamb who gives His churches the Apocalypse, and He unseals (unveils) the scroll of the Apocalypse Himself. It's not up to us to "unveil" it because we cannot, and we are not worthy. Only Jesus is worthy and able to unveil (unseal) the scroll.

So whatever type of crown the New Testament associates with the word stéphanos (crown) in each and every other New Testament verse using the word, is the type of crown the New Testament is teaching us to associate with the rider of the white horse;

and the same goes for the color white: Whatever the Revelation associates with the color white in each and every other verse where the color white appears, is what the Revelation is teaching us to associate with the rider of the white horse.

So the unveiling of Jesus (Revelation 1:1) gives us the meaning of the first two horses (the first two seals) of the Apocalypse.

Despite the above facts, and despite the fact that Jesus alone is able and worthy to loosen the seals but we cannot because we are not able or worthy, many Christians have produced their own "unveiling" when it comes to the meaning of the white horse and its horseman.

So with regard to this, let us remember the following biblical principle:

"By the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every matter be established"

This principle was established by God. It is recorded in Deuteronomy 17:6 and Deuteronomy 19:15; and employed both by Jesus and His apostles (Matthew 18:16; 2 Corinthians 13:1).

The two witnesses as to those the white horse's rider signify are (1) The type of crown; and (2) the color white.

1. Christ's witnesses are symbolized on a white horse in the first seal of the Apocalypse wearing the same stephanos crown they are seen with throughout the New Testament and the Revelation.

2. Christ's armies are following Him on white horse and they are clothed in white when He comes on a white horse to destroy the beast.

Third witness: The method by which the red horse is conquering the world is the exact opposite of the method by which the white horse conquers, and the red horse is the exact same color as the red dragon - the only two verses in the entire New Testament where that word for "red" is found.

Let the text in the New Testament and the Revelation itself reveal who is and who is not producing his own "unveiling" as regard to the first seal of the Apocalypse - the first seal of the seven which Jesus Himself, the only one worthy to loose the seals - loosened in order to unveil the scroll of the Apocalypse. He has given us two witnesses in the text of the New Testament and the Revelation as to who the rider of the white horse might symbolize( i.e the witnesses of Christ), and who it most certainly does not symbolize.

Last edited: