The Wonders of the kingdom of God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

We only see visions when the Spirit is poured out on us.

What these do is give us another reference...and clarity to the testimony of the bible.

On the underlined, So long as we walk away with the correct understanding, I agree with you.

As for the passage, I'm afraid I've passed into the "dreams" zone . . .

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not talking about man's law, I'm talking about birth.

We're born from the flesh of our parents, and that fact will always remain true. And just the same, if we are born again, we are born spirit children of our Heavenly Father, and that fact will always remain true.

We should not try to define our relationship with God by what law's man enacts.

Much love!
I understand what you are saying but do not presume there is no connection between the laws of men and the laws of God. Do not presume the fact of birth sets everything in the relationship child and parent in concrete, not between men and men, and not between between men and God:

"Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God." Luke 3:38

Did not Adam lose his inheritance rights when he disobeyed God? Before he disobeyed he had access to the Tree of Life and could have eaten of it at any time. Then he was put outside the Garden and the Way in was closed to him. What inheritance was left to him? He could be grafted back in, but what would it take?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus ,

Rebirth translates us into the Kingdom. Where we begin to live, and to bring that kindom life into our earthly lives.

Much love!
I do not disagree, but we may have a different idea about what it means to be in the Kingdom and the possibilities from that point. Maybe not?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did not Adam lose his inheritance rights when he disobeyed God?
Was Adam born again? Was Adam under the New Covenant? Considering that started after Jesus died, I don't see how he could have been.

I do not presume to judge God on man's law.

Do you really think that the fact of your birth from your parents might be undone? I imagine God could reach into our past and prevent your conception, but that's not what He did since here you are.

Why would you think a son ceases to be a son?

If you seek understanding of our covenant and our relationship with God in this New Covenant by looking at someone who was not in that covenant, what must be the result?

My inheritance is preserved in heaven, I've been promised.

So, I'll accept God's promise over the application of man's inheritance law.

He's reserved my inheritance for me, and He is guarding me by faith. He is able, and He has promised.

My confidence is in His ability, not mine.

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand what you are saying but do not presume there is no connection between the laws of men and the laws of God. Do not presume the fact of birth sets everything in the relationship child and parent in concrete, not between men and men, and not between between men and God:

"Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God." Luke 3:38

Did not Adam lose his inheritance rights when he disobeyed God? Before he disobeyed he had access to the Tree of Life and could have eaten of it at any time. Then he was put outside the Garden and the Way in was closed to him. What inheritance was left to him? He could be grafted back in, but what would it take?
The inheritance of Christ.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Marks!
I, of course agree totally that anyone who would elevate ANYTHING above and beyond the Word as, I am totally Sola Scripture...that is not to say that I discount history! The only thing I will say here about "those who seem to elevate experiences... " Can any of us honestly deny the experience of another? I know I can't.
In Him Always,
nancy

Consider though that Israel also had the words of God. Yet God stood right before them and they missed Him. In fact, they argued against Him WITH His own words...bizarre but true.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And from Pentecost to the completion of the Written word these visions dreams and prophecy’s took place

Still not quite settled on that Waiting. I feel as though that might be us limiting God in how and when He decides to work through any of His children. And, the timelines are like, a total study in their selves!...for me anyhow, for sure! I suppose it bottoms down to when we believe the "end times" will be. I DO believe that the end times started after
Pentecost and, even though I never spoke in tongues, which I believe is an actual language...how can I say it is not practiced today in some 3rd world country? Healing's too for that matter...I've not
seen it in this very rich country as, the faith in many, many of the mainline Church's of the Western world is very lukewarm but, my spirit keeps telling me that His gifts are still for today. And as far as the visions and such, are we not in the end days? I don't know enough to comment on this with scripture as it would take me quite awhile, lol! I'll get there though, God willing ;)

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider though that Israel also had the words of God. Yet God stood right before them and they missed Him. In fact, they argued against Him WITH His own words...bizarre but true.
Not all who say they are Israel are Israel
Still not quite settled on that Waiting. I feel as though that might be us limiting God in how and when He decides to work through any of His children. And, the timelines are like, a total study in their selves!...for me anyhow, for sure! I suppose it bottoms down to when we believe the "end times" will be. I DO believe that the end times started after
Pentecost and, even though I never spoke in tongues, which I believe is an actual language...how can I say it is not practiced today in some 3rd world country? Healing's too for that matter...I've not
seen it in this very rich country as, the faith in many, many of the mainline Church's of the Western world is very lukewarm but, my spirit keeps telling me that His gifts are still for today. And as far as the visions and such, are we not in the end days? I don't know enough to comment on this with scripture as it would take me quite awhile, lol! I'll get there though, God willing ;)
I've witnessed him raise the dead,heal the sick, and I’ve also spoke in tongues.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"he had access to the Tree of Life and could have eaten of it at any time."
I can only wonder, was the Tree of Life not as pleasing to the eye for them? Or, satan in the form of the serpent (who had to have had legs at one time, no?? nother topic :D ) made sure they focused them on the wrong tree. Hmm. Things that make ya go hmm. lol.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"he had access to the Tree of Life and could have eaten of it at any time."
I can only wonder, was the Tree of Life not as pleasing to the eye for them? Or, satan in the form of the serpent (who had to have had legs at one time, no?? nother topic :D ) made sure they focused them on the wrong tree. Hmm. Things that make ya go hmm. lol.
They wanted the Glory.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before he disobeyed he had access to the Tree of Life and could have eaten of it at any time.
Hi amadeus,

Just thinking about this a bit more . . . have we not in Christ eaten from the Tree of Life?

Much love!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who among is walking in Him 24/7? Don't try to answer that question... rather simply deal with yourself and with God.

Will have to digest that whole post for sometime. Won’t answer for anyone else. Tossed to and fro on the waves is uncertainty between flesh and spirit. One is crucified, or is supposed to be. I’d ask how one goes about putting what is born of God back under the flesh, that is to put the resurrected Son back in the grave and say it can be corrupted? They are separate. One dead. One alive unto God. Maybe we tangle the two? The word instructs to walk in the Spirit...as not a random momentarily experience that only happens for a few but a way. He said ...then you will not satisfy the lust of the flesh. In the light at all times ...yet do we say we go from darkness to light to darkness to light and back and forth by our own merit. One is in darkness crucified. One is Born of God and in the Light of the Lamb. The urging to not be deceived in scripture then turned into a child which Honours to the Father is flesh when flesh brings dishonors and disobedience and shame? Darkness. We read this ...do we want to return to that? It is Spirit which honours and is obedience and not shame to the Father. Light. Is He not always with the children?Or that is how I see it at the moment. Wrong. Could be. If so I ask you to pray for God’s correction. He said in the OT He would NOT allow them to corrupt His name when He took them into the promised land. If I told you that which was born of my mother honours her at all times ...That would be blasphemous because it is a lie. That born of my mother brings shame and is dead with Christ. That which is born of God...it can’t be corrupted, born from above. To be tossed between that which is already corrupted and destroyed and that which God says cannot be corrupted. 1 Peter 3:3-4 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; [4] But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

...don’t see He would allow His children to make a mockery of Him by saying we don’t sin in the flesh when we do. God is sufficient. All sufficient.

Reactions: amadeus and marks

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whoa! That is awesome. May I ask where you witnessed these things?
Well I was dead myself for decades, but he healed me. Just last Sunday night I was proclaiming the gospel to a man at work, he didn’t understand a word I said.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet, this does not negate His Word, it shows that you can have the revelation of God, and even God in front of your eyes, and still seek after idols.

It's like Jesus said, Even if one came back from the dead they still wouldn't believe. And that's from the One Who was planning to return from the dead.

If you don't believe the written Word, neither will you believe Jesus.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can testify to supernatural healing. Healed instantaneously from "incurable conditions". It happened to me. It's not something I really talk about though.

I'm convince these spiritual gifts haven't stopped, but I prefer to use Scritpure rather than anecdotes.

Much love!