The Wonders of the kingdom of God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Romans 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

“Pick up your cross and follow Me” ...question how long does one stay in the ark Noah built once dry land appears?
well, until the dove does not return, if the raven does not anyway, if the raven is released i guess, in that analogy? But 8 "people" suggests that those arent the ppl at all, fwiw. But 3in1is also repped, yeh? One (marriage) that produced Three...point being your "one" up there is maybe a diff character in your mind than mine. Contemplate us as the animals iow, and i guess "when the dove does not return?" But what is your point there?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well...concerning my thoughts yesterday (about the outer darkness being an eternal destination/torment) while hell is annihilated in the lake of fire, I am still not certain, but I'm leaning, after more reading, towards outer darkness also being cast into the fire. Don't remember which verses swayed me that way, but there was one in particular that didn't exactly say outer darkness but it did say wailing and gnashing of teeth, and it ended with a casting into the fire.

I am back to my perplexity on Satan somehow having eternal life in him, but apart from God...I don't know how it is possible. But how has he lived so long apart from God? But I don't think men have this eternity in them at birth.

And towards the end of my searching this out, I was brought back to what He always brings me back to - that to know all of these things for sure is not necessary. All that is necessary is to keep trusting Him more and more.

Being such a weak church is caused by a lack of trust. A lack of trust is why we do not see many miracles and do not do many miracles. A lack of trust is what keeps us from walking in the Spirit.

While I think satanstorment will be eternal, I do not think it will be that way for men. But I can drop it now and go back to what He has given me to do, which is to race to trust Him more and more. And in every place I didn't trust but then began to, I have seen a miraculous result of provision. So I will continue to trust Him regarding earthly matters that He has spoken on, because that's what He asks of me now, and if He then tells me more of heavenly things, I will be overjoyed.

I have to go back to this simplicity now. I may not come in here for awhile, I'm not sure. I just need to focus again on racing to trust more and more. If something doesn't help me in this, I need to let it go.
God bless you, SBG, and I know our Lord will supply all your need in every sense, and it seems clear to me that you know it too.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does that have to do with “the wonders of the Kingdom of God” ...absolutely nothing except maybe we should consider how we treat those parts that lack.
I think it has everything to do! Consider the wonders of God's kingdom revealed to this world through the love manifested through our submitted lives.

Much love!

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm sorry, I was actually trying to make things a little lighter, yet another fail! It wasn't intended to open yet another theological dispute.

I picked something as an analogy I thought you'd be on board with, I was surprised when you weren't, but it wasn't to make things heavier.

I'm sorry!

Much love!
I do appreciate your sincerity in this and your effort. In some important ways [as I see it] we are not that far apart, but in other ways, there seems to be an almost impassable gap between us.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
fwiw in that context you guys might consider some other guys got tossed in a furnace of fire, no wailing and gnashing there right? God is an all-consuming fire yeh? So prolly we get jerked around mentally by trying to apply our logic to naive statements, something like that

Well, those guys M.S. and A. The fiery furnace...there were 3...then there were 4 ♥

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
point being your "one" up there is maybe a diff character in your mind than mine. Contemplate us as the animals

“Contemplate us as the animals.” I have. “Your one up there is maybe a different character in your mind than mine.” Please help me understand...
Hebrews 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

“...are all one.” Who is the “all one”?
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. [3] For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

I’m sorry ...not following? Who is “the one” in your mind?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From your response it appears you did not understand a lot of what I wrote but I won't try to explain it all again. I know I have trouble myself following lengthy detailed explanations by others. As to offending me, no you have not, not at all.

One point I will address. I do not in any way support or encourage a dependence on the flesh. Quite the contrary, but apparently you did not understand my words on that. I did not want you holding onto that misconception of me even if you did not follow my explanation.

Thank you for your kindness. Give God the glory!

Thank you for clarifying. I did misunderstand. I’m sorry if I took it wrong in not understanding.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
“...are all one.” Who is the “all one”?
ah well my guess would be that when you have embraced what is it? your fathers ate manna in the wilderness and basically overcome your ego you become One as They are One? But imo you have to sit in a cave and meet your monster for this to really be meaningful. Have to be happy with nothing. Living on Gratefulness or whatever lol. The hallucinating prolly helped, came a couple days after the monster. There's other accounts online...but basically an extreme denial of self produces an extreme result, and you meet the beast that has to be overcome or whatever, your will i guess yeh, you have to overcome your own will?
I’m sorry ...not following? Who is “the one” in your mind?
question how long does one stay in the ark Noah built once dry land appears?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah well my guess would be that when you have embraced what is it? your fathers ate manna in the wilderness and basically overcome your ego you become One as They are One?

And are dead. “You become One as they are One?” Then why speak of Life more abundant instead of death more abundant? Why not speak of death? If “you become one as they are one?” Unless I’ve misunderstood what you said.
Do you mean “you become one” as in singular...you become whole? As they are one? Sorry. again not following.

you meet the beast that has to be overcome
Did God help you overcome him?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And are dead. “You become One as they are One?” Then why speak of Life more abundant instead of death more abundant? Why not speak of death? If “you become one as they are one?” Unless I’ve misunderstood what you said.
Do you mean “you become one” as in singular...you become whole? As they are one? Sorry. again not following.
well, i could post some links to give you other perspectives, but it would get really um Eastern really quick, but i'm not trying to be like ascended or a guru or anything lol; so like you have a whole nother batch of charlatans to wade through, sort of, bc they have their Creflo Dollars and whatnot too, ppl branding themselves lol.

So for a westerner i might suggest searching sensory deprivation, the point being to more or less "meet" your ego, which Christ commands followers to empty their pockets and goto another, strange, town, and eat what they feed you? "Town" being a great literal way, but also a metaphor? So tbh there is no substitute for walking completely away from your old life and going to another town imo, but if you have kids, a mortgage, a whatwecall "life," this can be practically impossible, yeh? The cares of the world. So i'm trying to suggest stuff one could do in a closet over a weekend, to get warmed up to the idea. Then you might at least get the experience of...fleeing that empty closet in...well, it wont be identified as "fear" exactly, youll hear/read every other emotion but fear strangely, "boredom, mind playing tricks, kept going to sleep" are a few, the fear only shows up in the creative ways ppl worm out of going back asap lol.
Did God help you overcome him?
ah well i wish i could say that i have completely overcome my ego, but i dont think it works like that, or at least not for me. As to the Q, i def went there bc i was led, and felt that i was following Christ in doing so, so i would say "yes," but then what do i know, really? God might have one casting lots to determine whose baby to eat today, see, and would you ask me if God was in that?

The worst thing about meeting your monster is, you might be creating a bigger one! lol. It allows one to become "the observer" which is a good search for this too i guess, problem being you become proud that you have met your monster and subdued him, so that takes like a year or five to get over, too. Its really easy to feel like you have arrived and become "ascended" or whatever? Then you are in a worse state than before you met your monster, see, sure cant eat any manna, and all you did was convert your observer i guess. Happens to everyone i think, the pride of learning a valuable secret?

So yes, God helped, by in my case making sure i got invited to the "advanced" learning swami bs, dunno if it was bc i am very tall and aryan or what, blond, was getting invited to retreats via helicopter and i was swallowing it all, too lol. I was i guess quite charismatic then, being asperger's this is a part of myself i really cant see, but i guess maybe i get harnessed for a poster boy or for like others' validation, at least then, and that is very ego-stroking, the point being that there is a whole other class of egomaniac that has learned to harness their ego, and hide it, reading The Prince is good for that btw.

But it is easy for me to tell if someone else is eating manna or meat now, at least. Whether i'm eating one or the other at any particular time would be better asked of the witnesses i guess? Bc i can still be full of crap! :)

Try everything! Keep the good stuff! Heroin is not bad, right, abusing it is? Tho i guess compounding opium to heroin is basically not a great idea anyway, but how do you learn that? So, heroin is bad, but who can buy opium in the west? So i buy a paper of heroin if it is needed, and i get basically twenty doses of oxycodone for a dollar a pop, not that i have done that for myself for like twenty years or so, but i know where it is if i need it. And the social standing i lose by not getting an Rx of official heroin, i dont care, obviously, or i wouldnt be outing myself here lol.

iow i fully expect to be condemned as a heroin-lover or whatever now by someone, meh, i got no condemnation if they wanna go Rx, no problem for me; is it a problem for them? I got plenty complainers saying "yes" now, huh, ppl, believers all, going to Mexico to get their drugs, etc., getting yanked around by the system, when most of them just need three days in a cave alone, and stay there until the problems go away imo.

But i will introduce a seventy year old to a heroin dealer, too, if that is what they want. I just lay out the choices, and only now when i am like cornered, really trying to get out of rehabbing now. Or at least i've gotten more adamant about a three day fast before even accepting a new client, which has basically put me out of work, yay. Learning that you cant really help anyone is the hardest lesson imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God might have one casting lots to determine whose baby to eat today, see, and would you ask me if God was in that?
yes. God was in it. Same as He was in those gathered ..cast out as unclean in the OT. Did they cast lots anymore after the last position of the twelve was filled to take Judas position?

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just keep your eyes on Him...
Gasp...I just said this this second
to my friend just now...in prayer....she passed yesterday...and all we ever talked about joyously was God!
But, I didn't want her to get distracted 'over there'....so many exciting things awaiting her...but still..only focus on Him..
Ha...even on the Other Side!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gasp...I just said this this second
to my friend just now...in prayer....she passed yesterday...and all we ever talked about joyously was God!
But, I didn't want her to get distracted 'over there'....so many exciting things awaiting her...but still..only focus on Him..
Ha...even on the Other Side!
Amen, sister! Some of us are ready to leave whenever God wants to takes us because we understand something He placed in our hearts. The difficulty always is the gaps left in those who remain and especially those we care about that do not know God or don't know Him as well as they might. The pain for them will be difficult to ease...

Give God the glory!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
yes. God was in it. Same as He was in those gathered ..cast out as unclean in the OT. Did they cast lots anymore after the last position of the twelve was filled to take Judas position?
hmm well, depends upon who "they" is i guess, Judas, meaning "praised, let Him be praised," is replaced by Matthias, "gift of Yah," and these...are not even ppl to me anymore, so my answer would be literally no, and spiritually yes, sorry. Bc who is they? We have Twelve and we have thirteen, and which tribe does Judas rep anyway? We have a similar literal 12/13 too, in moons, in months.

Anyway a literal answer is "no," that was the last time written. Why do you think this is pertinent?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyway a literal answer is "no," that was the last time written. Why do you think this is pertinent?

“it happens by chance”; the roll of the dice(or whatever they used back then. luck of the draw)...the casting of lots...how much foolishness is that? I don't know...it stands out “chance” “luck” “the short end of the straw” ...is important. doesn’t the Word reveal “chance” and “luck” doesn’t fit into a woven garment with so many threads interwoven man can never search the depths fully? foolishness to confound the wise? As in “you saw My wonders and miracles” yet still ...go get your god’s and idols to tell you the beginning from the end.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
“it happens by chance”; the roll of the dice(or whatever they used back then. luck of the draw)...the casting of lots...how much foolishness is that? I don't know...it stands out “chance” “luck” “the short end of the straw” ...is important. doesn’t the Word reveal “chance” and “luck” doesn’t fit into a woven garment with so many threads interwoven man can never search the depths fully? foolishness to confound the wise? As in “you saw My wonders and miracles” yet still ...go get your god’s and idols to tell you the beginning from the end.
casting lots is a great way to allow God a say imo, i would always include a third choice tho too, the I Dont Know, which i guess most lot-casters don't.

Cleromancy would be a problem though, yes, there is casting lots and then there is cleromancy, where all cannot know how to "read" the lots. Cast lots over every decision you make tomorrow and watch the miracle happen. Resolving I Dont Know will lead you straight off The Cliff too ;)