The word "antichrist" is NOT in the Book of Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore adverb meaning
for that reason; consequently.

A "therefore" is a reaction or a response to what has happened in the past.

When you see the word in the Bible, it typically serves to connect a truth with a proper response

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are either with and for God in Christ or you are against him therefore making all outside of him antichrists.

What about people who never heard of Christ; therefore making them ignorant of Christ and ignorant of antichrists?

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2:

There were many antichrists in John's time.

The word appears 5 times and only in John's epistles. This word is NOT found in the Book of Revelation, or Book of Daniel, or the Olivet discourse. Paul never used the term.

HELPS Word-studies

Who is an antichrist?

An antichrist could be a human being. 1 John 2:

An antichrist could be a spirit. 1 John 4:

2 John 1:

An antichrist is a liar and deceiver who denies the Father and the Son and that Jesus came in the flesh. There are plenty of those around in John's time and in our times. That's the concept of the antichrist according to John and he did not use this word in the book of Revelation. There is no need to glorify one single individual as THE AntiChrist on the last day as if he is the opposite equal of Christ. There will be plenty of them.

It is not healthy for a Christian to be more interested in the Anti-Christ than Christ.
YOu are making a big fuss over a tiny issue.

The term antichrist refers to many. Anyone who seeks to counterfeit or oppose Jesus is an antichrist! But there is one specific antichrist. He has many names in Scripture, man of lawlessness, man of sin, son of perdition, the eleventh horn, the eighth king, the beast. We use the term antichrist because He is the ultimate opponent in human flesh. He is the Son of satan counterfeiting as the Son of God.

• Love
Reactions: Pearl and L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about people who never heard of Christ; therefore making them ignorant of Christ and ignorant of antichrists?
Is the word of God true and to be believed?
Matthew 24:14-
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Has God lied?

There is zero way to know who has heard the word nor how to judge if one received it gladly unto salvation. I still affirm those outside of God as defined by the word given are antichrists!

I do believe the word I quoted!
I also believe in a just God who knows how to reach ppl and unto whom he has reached; it will be his judgement.

Antichrist as defined by KJ dictionary:
Against Christ, or an opposition Christ, a rival Christ. The word is used only by the apostle John. Referring to false teachers, he says (1 John 2:18, 22; 4:3; 2 John 1:7), "Even now are there many antichrists."

Believe the biblical definition of not it's up to you. We're done!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is zero way to know who has heard the word nor how to judge if one received it gladly unto salvation. I still affirm those outside of God as defined by the word given are antichrists!
I am having trouble understanding the above logically. Can you explain your reasoning step by step?

Begin with Step #1:

Reactions: Ritajanice

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
  • 1 John 2:18

Warnings Against Denying the Son

Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

• 1 John 2:22
    Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.

• 1 John 4:3
    but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

• 2 John 1:7
    I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
  • 1 John 2:18

Warnings Against Denying the Son

Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

• 1 John 2:22
    Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.

• 1 John 4:3
    but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

• 2 John 1:7
    I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.
Yes. The antichrist spirit manifests in various ways that qualify as denying Christ.

Mat 10:33
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

2Ti 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Tit 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

2Pe 2:1
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The word "antichrist" is NOT in the Book of Revelation​

either is toothpaste!