"The Word Was A God"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saturday 5-7-22 7th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Iyar 5, 5782 49th. Spring Day

Continued from Part 3 Is Jesus Christ Really GOD? Part 4

I cannot think of better words or better advice to all those who have doubted the divinity of Christ. To those who have been bewitched by false doctrine and subverted in their pure and simple faith, I can only say, "Be not faithless, but believing!" When Jesus uttered these momentous words to Thomas, Thomas was moved to his very innermost being. "And Thomas answered, and said unto him, 'My Lord and my God'" (v.28). Do you acknowledge Jesus Christ as YOUR "LORD" and as YOUR "GOD"? I do. I worship Him AND God the Father with all my heart, all my soul, all my strength, all my being, and all my mind, and all my spirit. Together, they are ONE GOD, and I worship them! Jesus then said to Thomas, the doubter, "Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and YET have believed" (John 20:29). What about you? Are you still a "doubter" like Thomas? Or, having not seen, can you STILL believe? Do you still question the very essence of the divinity of Christ and His Godhood? Thomas repented of his unbelief and lack of faith, and exclaimed from his innermost soul, "My Lord AND MY GOD!" Will you also repent, and come to your senses, and acknowledge Jesus Christ not only as the Messiah, but as your GOD? The Jews were right. The Son of God IS also "God." They tried to kill Jesus for what they considered blasphemy. But He was not blaspheming. He truly was AND IS the "Son of God," and therefore very GOD! The "Firstborn of Many Brethren" In the book of Hebrews we read of God's plan concerning mankind, "What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands. Thou hast put ALL THINGS in subjection under his feet. For in that he put ALL in subjection under him, he LEFT NOTHING that is not put under him. But now we see NOT YET all things put under him. But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man" (Heb.2:6-9). Jesus, therefore has made us "ALL OF ONE" (verse 11). Therefore, He is "not ashamed to call them [us] BRETHREN" (v.12). Jesus, is the very own Son of God the Father, in the God Family -- and as such, He is the "firstborn among MANY BRETHREN" (Rom.8:29). As the apostle Paul tells us, "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the GLORY which shall be revealed IN US" (Rom.8:18). What "glory" is Paul talking about? "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that WE ARE THE CHILDREN OF GOD: And if children, then HEIRS; HEIRS OF GOD, and JOINTHEIRS WITH CHRIST; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also GLORIFIED TOGETHER!" (Rom.8:16-17).

Did you get that tremendous promise? 146 Did you understand the meaning of that awesome verse of Scripture? We also, as true Christians, as true believers in the Messiah, who follow and obey Him, and who WORSHIP HIM in "spirit and in truth" (John 4:24), are to be glorified together with Christ, who is VERY GOD -- the literal SON OF GOD! We are destined to share in His inheritance, as His "JOINT-HEIRS"! He is the "elder brother." We are the younger brothers. What is our inheritance? To be members of the very UNIVERSE-RULING GOD FAMILY! TO BECOME YAHVEH, ELOHIM, divine members of the very ALMIGHTY GOD FAMILY! What a breath-taking destiny! What an awesome future! What a mind-boggling inheritance! "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, WE SHALL BE LIKE HIM; for we shall see him as he is" (I John 3:1- 2). How great is God, our Father! And how Great is His Son, also our God, Messiah and Saviour, Jesus Christ! Praise God, forever and ever, for His most wonderful and sublime truth!

Love, Walter

Reactions: RLT63 and L.A.M.B.