The words of faith….

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 4:5-6 (NASB20)
They are from the world, therefore they speak as from the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God. The one who knows God listens to us; the one who is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is this listening to that is put forth as being that which can differentiate between the spirit of truth and the spirit of error….?

That would be because the listening incorporates with it the doing, for it is in the doing of the words of faith that the differentiating between the two will be known…. For the knowing of the words themselves is not the differentiating, it is in the experiencing of the words of faith that the differentiating between the spirit of truth and that which is not will be known… For the knowing of the spirit of truth comes from the actual experiencing the words of faith themselves.... For scripture puts forth this truth; ‘for the letter kills, but the spirit gives life’…

What is the meaning of this truth that is being put forth..?

It is putting forth the truth that the words themselves can only point away from themselves to the truths they are meant to portray… It is the truths the words are meant to describe, these realities are they that give life…

Wait a minute,,, does not scripture say; ‘the words I speak to you are spirit and life’.. ?

Yes and rightly so, because words are what are used to describe the realities of a thing, for just as the words that describe the thing are different from the thing itself…. The same is true concerning the words of faith and the realities that those words describe….

For the words of faith are the description of the thing, but faith itself is the thing…

For it is actually having faith in God that receives from Him….

Be blessed in the actual faith that receives from Him….

A fellow follower, Not me

Reactions: soul man

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 4:5-6 (NASB20)
They are from the world, therefore they speak as from the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God. The one who knows God listens to us; the one who is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is this listening to that is put forth as being that which can differentiate between the spirit of truth and the spirit of error….?

That would be because the listening incorporates with it the doing, for it is in the doing of the words of faith that the differentiating between the two will be known…. For the knowing of the words themselves is not the differentiating, it is in the experiencing of the words of faith that the differentiating between the spirit of truth and that which is not will be known… For the knowing of the spirit of truth comes from the actual experiencing the words of faith themselves.... For scripture puts forth this truth; ‘for the letter kills, but the spirit gives life’…

What is the meaning of this truth that is being put forth..?

It is putting forth the truth that the words themselves can only point away from themselves to the truths they are meant to portray… It is the truths the words are meant to describe, these realities are they that give life…

Wait a minute,,, does not scripture say; ‘the words I speak to you are spirit and life’.. ?

Yes and rightly so, because words are what are used to describe the realities of a thing, for just as the words that describe the thing are different from the thing itself…. The same is true concerning the words of faith and the realities that those words describe….

For the words of faith are the description of the thing, but faith itself is the thing…

For it is actually having faith in God that receives from Him….

Be blessed in the actual faith that receives from Him….

A fellow follower, Not me

since you know the truth
What does it mean to be born again?

baptismal regeneration?

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
since you know the truth
What does it mean to be born again?

baptismal regeneration?

Hi, thank you for the encouraging words, but if you wouldn’t mind me asking, what truth do you think I know..?

As far as what it means to be born again..? Scripture calls it being made partakers Divine nature,,, that’s my understanding, be blessed in yours..

A believer, Not me