Theory of Evolution

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe man has evovled from primates?

• no

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • yes

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am perpetually stunned, when so many Christians continue to over focus on disciplines, employed in the study of the material world......along with those Christians who demand to be viewed as experts without formal training, simply based on their belief in God.

From a Christian POV:

1. Most Christians are not scientists; so, literalists who run around judging the spiritual condition of their Christian brothers and sisters based on ideas concerning origin/creation are speculating, wasting time, and distracting Christians from their sanctification.

2. I can appreciate the study of the mechanics of creation as it relates to spiritual realities, but in and of itself, it is about as interesting to me as the mechanics of the postal service.....i just hope it continues to work as well as it does. I am certainly not interested in Christianizing the process, nor do I feel threatened when I receive secular mail or speculate on the spiritual condition of the first postmaster general.

3. Often, Christians who are concerned about the theory of evolution, could care less about the study of the mechanics of nature.....instead, they are looking for a political win. It is tribalism rather than Christianity; in essence, they wolves in scientists clothing, pushing politics at the expense of both science and spiritual growth.

From the POV of science

1. Arguing the validity of evolution is a waste of time. Sort of like a marathon runner taking time to argue the validity of tying their shoes rather than spending time training.

2. Questioning an assumption so basic is mind numbing and threatens the very notion that people are capable of knowing anything. Sort of the same affect as calling all news ‘fake news’ - eventually, people well stop believing every source and start accepting tyranny.

3. Incorporating Christian doctrine into scientific theory destroys the concept of science, which is based on the observation of the material world and testing of observed interactions between material objects.

It seems to me that worrying about who gets the credit for science and who gets to decide on the theories behind the mechanics is just a distraction from the Real.......i think it is just another symptom of fundamentalism/literalism’s foothold in modern Christian thought.
Judas: BEHOLD A SCHOLAR. What is your price? I take that back you will betray Christ for FREE.

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and again...it sure is amazing how just 'being yourself' can bring out the worst in 'some people'....it is beginning to make me chuckle to see the person get so annoyed. First at somebody's scriptures, then at "all the power" you are credited as having. LOL

I hear Yah! It makes me chuckle too. Scripture does have a way of proving people. Go figure!

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QU OTE="aspen, post: 353002, member: 4814"]View attachment 1438[/QUOTE]

Pope Francis suggests rewording the Lord's Prayer. The problem? 'Lead us not into temptation'

EndTimeWine said to aspen:
Judas: BEHOLD A SCHOLAR. What is your price? I take that back you will betray Christ for FREE.
What aspen and the Pope do not understand:

'"Lead us not INTO temptation, but deliver us from evil ", He leads us to stand before satan who test and tries us. The fire of the Holy Spirit rebukes him. This is refinement by fire. This proves the gold. Ones strength is not manifest without it. The Lord's prayer is asking we not be lead astray, and always to be delivered from evil. Temptation must come.

Matthew 18:7-8Revised Standard Version (RSV)
7 “Woe to the world for temptations to sin! For it is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the man by whom the temptation comes! 8 And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away; it is better for you to enter life maimed or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire.

We must hear the words prayerfully in the Spirit. Leading us leads to being tempted. For it is not the sinner who is tempted but the faithful, temptation can not be avoided, because sin is in the world. Being lead by the Spirit does not mean being lead INTO temptation, which is an entering=into, not a standing before but, a taking in, and we are to pray not to be taken in. The prayer is as such and can not be touched as it is. It is Blasphemy!, what the Pope asserts. He has NOT the HOLY SPIRIT therefore misinterprets the meaning. The Lord was lead into the desert to be tempted of the devil not lead INTO temptation. He was lead by the Spirit, which is the Holy Spirit which went before Him, hence was lead by. The desert is a symbolism for the world which for a Christian is a desert= barren and without life. There is NO spiritual nourishment in the world. We must confront the world with the Holy Spirit with the trust that He who is within us is greater than he who is in the world. For Christ is the KINGDOM, THE POWER and THE GLORY FOREVER AMEN!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
do you find crapping on ppl before pontificating at them to be an effective method? Didn't work for me much
I am perpetually stunned, when so many Christians continue to over focus on disciplines, employed in the study of the material world......along with those Christians who demand to be viewed as experts without formal training, simply based on their belief in God.

From a Christian POV:

1. Most Christians are not scientists; so, literalists who run around judging the spiritual condition of their Christian brothers and sisters based on ideas concerning origin/creation are speculating, wasting time, and distracting Christians from their sanctification.

2. I can appreciate the study of the mechanics of creation as it relates to spiritual realities, but in and of itself, it is about as interesting to me as the mechanics of the postal service.....i just hope it continues to work as well as it does. I am certainly not interested in Christianizing the process, nor do I feel threatened when I receive secular mail or speculate on the spiritual condition of the first postmaster general.

3. Often, Christians who are concerned about the theory of evolution, could care less about the study of the mechanics of nature.....instead, they are looking for a political win. It is tribalism rather than Christianity; in essence, they wolves in scientists clothing, pushing politics at the expense of both science and spiritual growth.

From the POV of science

1. Arguing the validity of evolution is a waste of time. Sort of like a marathon runner taking time to argue the validity of tying their shoes rather than spending time training.

2. Questioning an assumption so basic is mind numbing and threatens the very notion that people are capable of knowing anything. Sort of the same affect as calling all news ‘fake news’ - eventually, people well stop believing every source and start accepting tyranny.

3. Incorporating Christian doctrine into scientific theory destroys the concept of science, which is based on the observation of the material world and testing of observed interactions between material objects.

It seems to me that worrying about who gets the credit for science and who gets to decide on the theories behind the mechanics is just a distraction from the Real.......i think it is just another symptom of fundamentalism/literalism’s foothold in modern Christian thought.
nice, ty to ETW for quoting, i missed it the first time. i like the pursuit chiefly bc of the way it outs ppl, personally. You can tell really quick who you're dealing with when someone says they have "proof" or whatever, asks for "proof"

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amazing that even in just quoting a verse or two can make certain spirits angry!! Then we know of what spirit they are. :)
Sometimes people already have an idea in their mind as to what you or me are or where we stand with God or what we believe. With those preconceived notions they may then move rapidly forward in their own misconceptions. This is from this kind of a situation perhaps that God gave Paul these words to write:

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" II Thess 2:10-11

Reactions: Helen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bbryd - i see your pov. i guess the downside just outweighs the upside for me; perhaps i am just tired of the debate, at this point.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So...to address the poll in the OP

I do not have an opinion on believing or disbelieving in evolution; it appears to be a theory with quite a bit of evidence supporting it. Since my opinion has nothing to do with my sanctification or influencing whether or not the theory points to an accurate picture of how the universe has developed, i do not feel motivated to weigh in on the matter.

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Interested in knowing how other Christians think and feel about the Theory of Evolution.
I uploaded a PDF. I have a lot of files and information I believe the Holy Spirit imparted this information upon me. Freely I have received so freely I give. I believe this information and much more that I have received is important in helping us in the end times. Through government and science I believe the mark of the beast will be developed. It is time for us Christians to get out of the matrix of the serpent! It is a time of casting down lies and building the Body of Christ!
It is a time for unifying , getting rid of denominations and those things which divide us. Our Judaeo Christian faith is not a denomination but an experience in time and it is time to sift through all of mans doctrines and find the truth which the WORD OF GOD proves and supports!
I believe I understand the Mark of the Beast and its image which eventually will tie into this post and my Existence of God! God Bless!​
It's OK to disagree with the theory of evolution, if you have a better theory that would superseded it.

But that would require you have more evidence for your theory than what evidence there is for evolution.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's OK to disagree with the theory of evolution, if you have a better theory that would superseded it.

But that would require you have more evidence for your theory than what evidence there is for evolution.

I have this old Book that is not theory but truth. It disagrees with evolution and therefore I disagree with evolution.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's the truth my friend?

Don't say Jesus, because that doesn't mean anything.

Ah yes. The Pilate question.

You use the word 'friend' too loosely. Jesus Christ is most definitely the Truth, in Person. The Bible is the Truth in written form.

Stranger

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ah yes. The Pilate question.

You use the word 'friend' too loosely. Jesus Christ is most definitely the Truth, in Person. The Bible is the Truth in written form.

Stranger
And what is Jesus?

What was his whole purpose and message, what did he come to do.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do I have to call you dickhead again?

(This is called a bioelectrical shock wave)

Transfers from person to person, up to 50 foot.

You can call me whatever you like. You fail to prove your false statements however. So, acting tough and crude doesn't bother me. At this time, that is all I see you have to offer.

Stranger