There Aren’t Good & Bad People.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You aren’t a good person. You also aren’t a bad person. That there are good & bad people is what’s referred to as ‘eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge’.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That there are good & bad people is what’s referred to as ‘eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge’.
Not according to Scripture.

Mat 13:38 The field is the world, and the good seed is the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one,

Joh 8:44
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Eph 2:1-3 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins (2) in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— (3) among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not according to Scripture.

Mat 13:38 The field is the world, and the good seed is the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one,

Joh 8:44
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Eph 2:1-3 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins (2) in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— (3) among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.
If that is read and taken as ‘there are good and bad people’… that “knowing” is what’s referred to as eating from the tree of the knowledge of good & evil.

Matthew 13:24-30 is actually about co-existence and non-judgement.
Joh 8:44 is about rejection of truth and allegiance to falsehood, rather than a moral judgment of inherent goodness or badness.
Eph 2:1-3 emphasizes collective conditioning, rather than categorizing individuals as inherently good or bad.

Last edited:

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By you apparently.
That’s why the words ‘knowledge of’ are used. To know. Be the knower of. The knowing there is good & evil.

It’s why it’s said in the beginning to be the only thing God said Adam and Eve can’t do… because it distorts everything to come.

Distort as in, use the Bible in a distorted way to justify the belief that there are good & bad people.

That is not what the Bible is saying.

Last edited:

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They gained knowledge of sin by disobeying God.
By knowing what is good and what is bad. The one thing God said not to do. This is because reality, God, is goodness.
There aren’t good people & bad people, there isn’t good & bad (or evil) there is ignorance, or, ‘eating the fruit’ / believing you know there is good & evil, and who is good and who is evil.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You aren’t a good person. You also aren’t a bad person. That there are good & bad people is what’s referred to as ‘eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge’.
Poor definition construction leads to apparent contradictions.

In reality, contradictions do not exist.

Reactions: Phil .

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There aren’t good people & bad people, there isn’t good & bad (or evil) there is ignorance, or, ‘eating the fruit’ / believing you know there is good & evil, and who is good and who is evil.
Scripture disagrees.

Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture disagrees.

Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Doesn’t say there are good and or bad people.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think God says we are evil"
Gen 8:21

And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
Mt 7:11

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
Mt 19:17
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 3:12 Take heed, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Doesn’t say there are good & bad people though.
Jer 17:9-10 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it? (10) I Jehovah search the heart, I try the reins, even to give to each man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings.
I think God says we are evil"
Gen 8:21

And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
Mt 7:11

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
Mt 19:17
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
(Says “if”).