There is no eternal punishment!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Ok so instead of going in circles, let's maturely agree to disagree agreeably and agree that we believe differently and worship a different God. There is only One true God, and we both believe we worship that One true God, but we also believe that the other person worship a false god, so let's leave it at that:) I reject your god, as your god is more evil than any human ever could be and your god is a monster who will take horrific eternal revenge on the lost. I reject your god, that's all I will say.

God bless.

I don't believe you worship a 'false god'...I just think you muddle it all up a bit. And while I'm fine with 'agreeing to disagree'...I'm not so sure that's what your really doing by saying I'm worshipping a false monster god.
Actually, I'm not so sure that you've heard what I've really said in my posts. I don't, actually, believe that God is going to spend eternity poking people with sticks. I don't think that fits with his nature. But His justice isn't our justice. We don't know what punishment is fit for unrepentant sinners. You say, extinction...they deserve not to exist. But I say that God gets to decide. If that's me worshipping a monster, then so be it. All I'm advocating is that we allow God is be sovereign.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
I don't believe you worship a 'false god'...I just think you muddle it all up a bit. And while I'm fine with 'agreeing to disagree'...I'm not so sure that's what your really doing by saying I'm worshipping a false monster god.
Actually, I'm not so sure that you've heard what I've really said in my posts. I don't, actually, believe that God is going to spend eternity poking people with sticks. I don't think that fits with his nature. But His justice isn't our justice. We don't know what punishment is fit for unrepentant sinners. You say, extinction...they deserve not to exist. But I say that God gets to decide. If that's me worshipping a monster, then so be it. All I'm advocating is that we allow God is be sovereign.

Ok let's agree to disagree Rach. I am sure you are a nice person and you only mean well. But we have very different views about God and we read Scripture very differently. To you God will punish the lost forever in agonizing pain for all eternity, yet when I read the Bible I see that God will destroy Satan and the lost and they shall cease to exist.

If anyone is interested how I come to those conclusions, then please read my webpage at:

http://www.biblejesus.org/is-there-an-eternal-hellfire.html

God bless.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Ok let's agree to disagree Rach. I am sure you are a nice person and you only mean well. But we have very different views about God and we read Scripture very differently. To you God will punish the lost forever in agonizing pain for all eternity, yet when I read the Bible I see that God will destroy Satan and the lost and they shall cease to exist.

:D :D Oh, you are a funny man! Is English your first language?

How do you get "to you God will punish the lost forever in agonizing pain for all eternity" from this: "I don't, actually, believe that God is going to spend eternity poking people with sticks."

:D Oh, thankyou, that was a good laugh. You really do need to work on your comprehension skills. It may just make your time here easier.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
:D :D Oh, you are a funny man! Is English your first language?

How do you get "to you God will punish the lost forever in agonizing pain for all eternity" from this: "I don't, actually, believe that God is going to spend eternity poking people with sticks."

:D Oh, thankyou, that was a good laugh. You really do need to work on your comprehension skills. It may just make your time here easier.

Rom 14:10 You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.

Matthew 7:20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

God bless.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Rom 14:10 You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.

Matthew 7:20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

God bless.

The comedy just keeps on coming! You honestly think that my fruit is rotten because I got a giggle out of you seeing what I said as completely opposite of what I actually did say? That I am 'judging' you because I happen to point out that what I said and what you said I said were not the same? How about you take a deep breath, go back and read what I actually wrote. I'll give you a hint...I said "I don't think..."

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Back on topic Rach, can you please address these verses and explain what they mean and contextualize them for me please:

This is what Bible says will happen to the lost, suffer "death" (Romans 6:23) , suffer "destruction" (Job 21:30), "shall perish" (Psalm 37:20), will "burn" up [Not a root or a branch will be left to them.] (Malachi 4:1), Malachi 4:3 "Then you will trample on the wicked; they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day when I act,” says the LORD Almighty.", "shall be destroyed together" (Psalm 37:38), the wicked shall not be (Psa 37:10), will "consume away" (Psalm 37:20), "shall be cut off" (Psalm 37:9), "shall be slain" (Psalm 62:3), God will "destroy" them (Psalm 145:20), "fire will devour them." (Psalm 21:9) They shall be as though they had not been.(Oba 1 16), they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish (Isa 41:11), the wicked be no more (Psa 104:35), the wicked no more (Pro 10:25)

How do you explain those verses?

And please address Hebrews 2:14 as well which talks about Satan being destroyed, can you please explain that verse also and contextualize it for me.

And by the way, There are about 182 clear verses for the destruction of the lost which we can address one by one after you address the ones above please.

I look forward to your reply, thank you.

God bless.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Shep and Rach, can I please ask you both to focus on the topic and take the personal attacks upon me and tearing me down, laughing at me and mocking me out of it. Please let's stay away from personal attacks and focus on the threat topic alone.

There are around 180 clear verses that teach the lost will be completely destroyed, so I would like to discuss these verses with you both. But let's start with these following ones...can you please address these verses and explain what they mean and contextualize them for me please:

This is what Bible says will happen to the lost, suffer "death" (Romans 6:23) , suffer "destruction" (Job 21:30), "shall perish" (Psalm 37:20), will "burn" up [Not a root or a branch will be left to them.] (Malachi 4:1), Malachi 4:3 "Then you will trample on the wicked; they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day when I act,” says the LORD Almighty.", "shall be destroyed together" (Psalm 37:38), the wicked shall not be (Psa 37:10), will "consume away" (Psalm 37:20), "shall be cut off" (Psalm 37:9), "shall be slain" (Psalm 62:3), God will "destroy" them (Psalm 145:20), "fire will devour them." (Psalm 21:9) They shall be as though they had not been.(Oba 1 16), they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish (Isa 41:11), the wicked be no more (Psa 104:35), the wicked no more (Pro 10:25)

How do you explain those verses?

And please address Hebrews 2:14 as well which talks about Satan being destroyed, can you please explain that verse also and contextualize it for me.

Thank you Shep and Rach, God bless.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Shep and Rach, can I please ask you both to focus on the topic and take the personal attacks upon me and tearing me down, laughing at me and mocking me out of it. Please let's stay away from personal attacks and focus on the threat topic alone.

Thank you Shep and Rach, God bless.

Oh honey...you need laughing at. You don't make sense, you're hypocritical and you seem incapable of seeing either. Oh...and it's not character assassination to point out what anyone here can see your doing.

LOL...so funny...I needed that today :rolleyes:

:) It's my new way to deal with people who don't make sense! No point in railing and getting mad or frustrated...doesn't help anyway...so I'm gonna laugh! Feel free to join me!

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Oh honey...you need laughing at. You don't make sense, you're hypocritical and you seem incapable of seeing either. ..

Rach, in my Christian journey, this has happened to me many times by different people, instead of lovingly and maturely answering my questions, they resort to personally attacking me instead.

So let's agree that I am a sinner and hypocrite, and I admit I need to work on many areas in my life, but now Rach, can I please ask you to avoid the personal attacks upon me and instead focus on the topic and my questions. I would truly appreciate it.

So now...back on topic...can you please address these verses and explain what they mean and contextualize them for me please:

This is what Bible says will happen to the lost, suffer "death" (Romans 6:23) , suffer "destruction" (Job 21:30), "shall perish" (Psalm 37:20), will "burn" up [Not a root or a branch will be left to them.] (Malachi 4:1), Malachi 4:3 "Then you will trample on the wicked; they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day when I act,” says the LORD Almighty.", "shall be destroyed together" (Psalm 37:38), the wicked shall not be (Psa 37:10), will "consume away" (Psalm 37:20), "shall be cut off" (Psalm 37:9), "shall be slain" (Psalm 62:3), God will "destroy" them (Psalm 145:20), "fire will devour them." (Psalm 21:9) They shall be as though they had not been.(Oba 1 16), they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish (Isa 41:11), the wicked be no more (Psa 104:35), the wicked no more (Pro 10:25), Hebrews 2:14.

Thank you Rach, God bless.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Rach, in my Christian journey, this has happened to me many times by different people, instead of lovingly and maturely answering my questions, they resort to personally attacking me instead.

So let's agree that I am a sinner and hypocrite, and I admit I need to work on many areas in my life, but now Rach, can I please ask you to avoid the personal attacks upon me and instead focus on the topic and my questions. I would truly appreciate it.

So now...back on topic...can you please address these verses and explain what they mean and contextualize them for me please:

Thank you Rach, God bless.

Really? It's happened to you many times before? I confess I'm shocked!
Here's the thing...I like discussing things with people...I don't even have to agree with them to like them and continue chatting with them. But you, my friend are nonsensical. I say something, and you accuse me of 1, not answering, a which I have...many times now and 2 of saying something that quite clearly I never have. Tell me, what then, is left to me?? If I can't say something without you twisting it into a lie and then hacking back at me again and again, asking me again and again what I've already answered. As I said...nonsensical! So I choose to laugh, to smile and to try and show you some of your foolishness.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rach, you are on a hiding to nothing with truth seeker(sic). He believes he is the only one that is right, so you are wasting your time arguing with him.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Rach, you are on a hiding to nothing with truth seeker(sic). He believes he is the only one that is right, so you are wasting your time arguing with him.

marksman, you have a hate campaign towards me, by posting on every thread bad things about me, trying to turn others against me. You do not know my heart, yet you claim I believe I am the only one right, yet that is not true and God knows my heart, you do not, yet you continue to judge my heart and condemn me and try to get everyone to turn on me as well.

That's why I enjoy these debate threads, it gets me an opportunity to challenge others, and they challenge me and we can all grow and perhaps learn new things. I have never believed I am the only one right, in fact, the more I read the Bible the more I realise how little I know.

So you are wrong about me marksman, yet you continue to attack me ferociously in these threads and trying to get everyone else to gang up on me as well, instead of focusing on topic alone and keeping the personal attacks out of it.

I just want to let you know marksman, I love you and I sincerely care for you, and I don't know what has happened to your life and heart for you to take this slanderous approach against me, but I want to let you know I have forgiven you and I always pray for you.

Now if I may go back on topic.. can I please ask you marksman if you can answer a question for me, when Jesus taught about Gehenna, did Jesus ever mention that someone will burn in torture for all eternity in "Gehenna"? Yes or No?

God bless.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia

Ah, but I'm fully aware that I'll get nowhere! I'm just enjoying the inanity of it all! Really! I don't know that I've ever see it done so vapidly before, it's entertaining! He honestly doesn't seem to realise how hypocritical he is by refusing to answer questions then demanding everyone answer his (which they have already done!), how pointless and unbiblical his arguments are and how he takes what we say and either ignores it or turns it into something else! He claims he is a teacher, but anyone who sets himself up to teach without being open to learn as well is arrogant and vain and just begging to be brought low (Luke 14:11). It may not be here or now, but I expect at some point Jesus will let him know of his mistakes...I just hope it's done before the end.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Ah, but I'm fully aware that I'll get nowhere! I'm just enjoying the inanity of it all! Really! I don't know that I've ever see it done so vapidly before, it's entertaining! He honestly doesn't seem to realise how hypocritical he is by refusing to answer questions then demanding everyone answer his (which they have already done!), how pointless and unbiblical his arguments are and how he takes what we say and either ignores it or turns it into something else! He claims he is a teacher, but anyone who sets himself up to teach without being open to learn as well is arrogant and vain and just begging to be brought low (Luke 14:11). It may not be here or now, but I expect at some point Jesus will let him know of his mistakes...I just hope it's done before the end.

So why do you debate and why do you join a debate channel? That's what debate means to go back and forth, sharing views, answering questions.

And Rach, can I please ask you to stay on topic and leave the personal attacks out of it. I know already how bad and terrible person I am according to you and marksman, but I please ask that you stop tearing down my character and instead focus on the topic. I love you and marksman and I forgive you both for your personal attacks upon me. I have never attacked your character or insulted you or tried to turn others against you, so please, stay on topic and please stop attacking me and just focus on the debate and topic. Thank you.

So once again I ask you Rach, can you please address these verses and explain what they mean and contextualize them for me please:

This is what Bible says will happen to the lost, suffer "death" (Romans 6:23) , suffer "destruction" (Job 21:30), "shall perish" (Psalm 37:20), will "burn" up [Not a root or a branch will be left to them.] (Malachi 4:1), Malachi 4:3 "Then you will trample on the wicked; they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day when I act,” says the LORD Almighty.", "shall be destroyed together" (Psalm 37:38), the wicked shall not be (Psa 37:10), will "consume away" (Psalm 37:20), "shall be cut off" (Psalm 37:9), "shall be slain" (Psalm 62:3), God will "destroy" them (Psalm 145:20), "fire will devour them." (Psalm 21:9) They shall be as though they had not been.(Oba 1 16), they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish (Isa 41:11), the wicked be no more (Psa 104:35), the wicked no more (Pro 10:25), Hebrews 2:14.

Thank you Rach.

God bless.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
So why do you debate and why do you join a debate channel? That's what debate means to go back and forth, sharing views, answering questions.

But you're not trying to 'debate'. You don't answer questions...just feel you may ask them...again, and again and again, despite having been answered...again and again and again.

And Rach, can I please ask you to stay on topic and leave the personal attacks out of it. I know already how bad and terrible person I am according to you and marksman, but I please ask that you stop tearing down my character and instead focus on the topic. I love you and marksman and I forgive you both for your personal attacks upon me. I have never attacked your character or insulted you or tried to turn others against you, so please, stay on topic and please stop attacking me and just focus on the debate and topic. Thank you.

It's not a personal attack to name something true. You accuse others of not answering, when they clearly have, and then you yourself do not answer their questions. That's hypocritical. And as far as not attacking me, how do you suppose I see your calling me a worshipper of a false god...you know that's calling me a demon worshipper. That's about as personal as it gets...and just plain wrong. You've taken direct statements that I've made and accused me of saying the opposite. That's lying and bearing false witness! So even leaving out your attacks on my doctrines and my relationship with Jesus, my word you have been attacking me. For you to say you haven't, is you lying again...so go ahead, it just once again proves you a hypocrite.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
But you're not trying to 'debate'. You don't answer questions...just feel you may ask them...again, and again and again, despite having been answered...again and again and again.

It's not a personal attack to name something true. You accuse others of not answering, when they clearly have, and then you yourself do not answer their questions. That's hypocritical. And as far as not attacking me, how do you suppose I see your calling me a worshipper of a false god...you know that's calling me a demon worshipper. That's about as personal as it gets...and just plain wrong. You've taken direct statements that I've made and accused me of saying the opposite. That's lying and bearing false witness! So even leaving out your attacks on my doctrines and my relationship with Jesus, my word you have been attacking me. For you to say you haven't, is you lying again...so go ahead, it just once again proves you a hypocrite.
'

You have made false accusations towards me in a desperate attempt to sidestep my question. I have answered all questions asked off me, but you have not answered mine. That's a fact and truth.

We both know why you are using this deceptive strategy it's because you cannot answer my questions.

BY the way Rach, I admit that I have been guilty of being a hypocrite in my life, so let's agree that I am a hypocrite and sinner, so can we now move on from the personal attacks on me about how bad person I am, and can we get back on topic please...can you or someone else who is reading this thread who can please address these verses and explain what they mean and contextualize them for me please:

Thank you, God bless.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
dont_feed_the_trolls.jpg