There is no fear in love

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting point and I think people should consider it. Some fear to die; others fear to live. Good point.

@Hidden In Him was just pointing out that God leaves room for failure in this regard, which reminds me of Peter's denial of Jesus. It seems to me that although Peter strongly voiced his loyalty to Jesus, he found disloyalty in himself when he denied his master and his friend. Jesus' love cast out the fear that lay hidden in Peter's heart when Peter admitted his failure and Jesus forgave it. As you rightly point out, the disciples eventually became fearless spokes-people for the Lord. I guess it takes practice and dedication.

Like Peter, I imagine that I would never deny Jesus when the deal goes down, but who knows, maybe I might. Can't really know until tested.

Good thoughts as usual Christophany.
We must remember Peter was not born again until Acts 2 at Pentecost- He never denied Him once after that ans was as bold and unashamed as can be.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your observations about Paul are right on. What I mean is this. From Paul we learn that failure in the midst of struggle is okay. God has perfect love and because of this, he allows room for us to make mistakes and moral failures along our journey. Even the greatest men of faith fail at times. Am I making excuses? No, that is not my intent. I'm saying that God has patience with those who are willing to know themselves, admit failure when it takes place, take responsibility for it, and yet, never give up.

I think that's a wonderful way to put it. I was afraid some might take my post as a criticism of Paul, but he's actually my greatest hero in the faith, and part of the reason why I think he experienced anxiety was because of how much love he had for the churches and also how much opposition he was enduring from the enemy. It can be very easy to criticize someone until you are actually walking in their shoes for awhile and know everything they are having to go through.

God bless, and thank you for posting this thread. I believe I learned something very valuable because of it. Now I just need to commit it to memory for awhile. :)

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good to hear from you Randy. Yes, how important and significant is our love today, when loving one another becomes harder and more profound. Well said.

Yea, part of my reason for responding to you was I just wanted to say, "Nice to see ya!" ;)

I suppose our friendship here is evidence that we're both saved and have no fear that we're lost? :)

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must remember Peter was not born again until Acts 2 at Pentecost- He never denied Him once after that ans was as bold and unashamed as can be.
How do we know when Peter was born again? And is being born again a guarantee? I wonder.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea, part of my reason for responding to you was I just wanted to say, "Nice to see ya!" ;)

I suppose our friendship here is evidence that we're both saved and have no fear that we're lost? :)
Yeah, that's the way it should be, though perhaps I forget. For that I am ashamed. :oops:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fear is the feeling when you think you are not secure, safe. When we know how much God loves us, we know are safe, and we feel safe.

Much love!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he was not indwelt with the Spirit until Acts 2.

yet when asked who Jesus was, peter said the Son of Man. Jesus said you know this because the Father revealed it to peter. Mankind didnt have the Holy Spirit until Jesus’ ascension. To say that peter wasnt saved till he had the Holy Spirit is also to say that no one in the OT was saved.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yet when asked who Jesus was, peter said the Son of Man. Jesus said you know this because the Father revealed it to peter. Mankind didnt have the Holy Spirit until Jesus’ ascension. To say that peter wasnt saved till he had the Holy Spirit is also to say that no one in the OT was saved.
yes that was revealed to Him by the Father.

Abraham was saved but not born again.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

to some, that might be confusing. But paul said in romans 4, that ALL are saved by grace thru faith, even abraham and the other OT people.

matter of fact, the Bible says abraham was saved in genesis 15, yet circumcision wasnt introduced till genesis 17.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To be honest, I don't really know, but the term "born again" appears to be as OT as it is NT. After all, Jesus, while still in the OT era, told Nicodemus he should've known, as a teacher, what being "born again" was!

John 3.7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”
9 “How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.
10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things?

Importantly, it should be understood that God called men to holiness. That determined whether they were living in obedience or not, whether they just were part-time people of God or full-time people of God. After all, anybody can do good *once!* What makes a person a "saint" is the choice to enter a lifetime of serving God.

So being "born again" is as OT as NT in terms of entering into full-time service of God and living a holy life. Eternal Salvation was a legal thing that only became applicable after the Cross.

It came to apply to those who chose to live holy lives and who chose to serve God full time. Instead of living a natural life of being born into this world and just living for one's self, occasionally doing good, a person steps across the river and is born into a new covenant with God, choosing to live a fully spiritual life. Christ's death on the cross made that spiritual choice eligible for eternal life with God.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John the apostle penned these words in his first epistle. I would like to hear your mind on what you think he means by this. Are we living in fear today?

1John 4:1719 NASB1995
By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us.

(note: I'm not very good at starting threads. Please feel free to take this thread wherever it needs to go.)
When we sin, we (perhaps unknowingly) are looking over our shoulders expecting God to punish us. If we repent of our sin - live a life of love (as defined by God) - there is no longer any fear.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
John the apostle penned these words in his first epistle. I would like to hear your mind on what you think he means by this. Are we living in fear today?

1John 4:1719 NASB1995
By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us.

(note: I'm not very good at starting threads. Please feel free to take this thread wherever it needs to go.)

Notice this part of the verse....>"as HE IS, so are we in this World".

Try it again...>>"As Christ is, so are the born again, in this world"..

And that is why we have "confidence" in the Day of Judgement......as there is no Judgement coming for any who are as "Christ is"..

Next.
"love perfected in Us", is God's love as our understanding (Real Faith) regarding of what it means to be Saved.
When we understand that we are connected to God, forever...... never ending, then this gives us CONFIDENCE in God's Love.
And fear of JUDGEMENT= is cast out, its replaced, its denied.

So, the "Perfect LOVE", is God's Love for us, and we are to dwell in this understanding..... live in it.....rejoice in it..

When you worry about sin or judgement,, or losing salvation, you are not "perfected in Love", as you have not the revelation that being born again has placed you into the Spirit of God, LITERALLY, and that means you are Saved from Judgement, and Eternally Secure.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
When we sin, we (perhaps unknowingly) are looking over our shoulders expecting God to punish us. If we repent of our sin - live a life of love (as defined by God) - there is no longer any fear.

If you only feel secure when you repent and confess, then you are doing that for yourself.
All you are doing is dealing with your guilt trip you are having...so, you go through the ritual again, "confessing", and that makes you feel better.
It does not do anything else, as God is always at peace with the Born again, based on the CROSS.

However, when you understand that you have been forgiven, 2000 yrs ago, then you are now in real faith., and not until.
Jesus is the "one time eternal sacrifice' for all sin.......if you are born again, and not just water baptized.
Its not your repenting or your confessing that God accepts, its the Cross of Christ and the Blood of Jesus, that He offers that is HIS Approval of you.
= THE BLOOD ATONEMENT
If you have that, you are approved, and are a Son/Daughter of God, and eternally secure.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you only feel secure when you repent and confess, then you are doing that for yourself.
All you are doing is dealing with your guilt trip you are having...so, you go through the ritual again, "confessing", and that makes you feel better.
It does not do anything else, as God is always at peace with the Born again, based on the CROSS.

However, when you understand that you have been forgiven, 2000 yrs ago, then you are now in real faith., and not until.
Jesus is the "one time eternal sacrifice' for all sin.......if you are born again, and not just water baptized.
Its not your repenting or your confessing that God accepts, its the Cross of Christ and the Blood of Jesus, that He offers that is HIS Approval of you.
If you have that, you are approved, and are a Son/Daughter of God.
Repenting (and confessing) is what the Lord commanded us to do. I don't think we need to apologize for it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Repenting (and confessing) is what the Lord commanded us to do. I don't think we need to apologize for it.

Speak only for yourself..

So If you are confessing and repending, that, its because you are sinning.
You are not to be found sinning if you are born again, as the born again are to live in this..>>"Christ always gives me the Victory".

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speak only for yourself..

So If you are confessing and repending, that, its because you are sinning.
You are not to be found sinning if you are born again, as the born again are to live in this..>>"Christ always gives me the Victory".

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. (1 John 1:5-10, 1 John 2:1-2)

Reactions: CadyandZoe