There is no fear in love

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. (1 John 1:5-10, 1 John 2:1-2)
So then, I am proposing that coming to know the truth about ourselves, the honest truth, is one aspect of walking in the light. Yes? No?

Reactions: Lambano

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie,

Sinning and confessing is to "walk in Darkness".
That's why you do it.

Also, if Jesus has paid for your sin, you dont confess them.
What you CONFESS, is that He had died for them all., as the "one time eternal sacrifice for ALL sin". Hebrews 10:12

And what Christ has taken away (SIN) is remembered no more.

If you read Verse 14, you'll see that the born again are Sanctified........not becoming, but are Already.

Verse 17 Tells you that once born again, God does not remember your sin anymore.

Then, go to Romans 4:8, and read that God does not charge the born again with their sin.

Now, when you begin to walk in this Light i just showed you, you'll stop believing that you are supposed to sin, as if this is "Christianity">

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sinning and confessing is to "walk in Darkness".
That's why you do it.

Also, if Jesus has paid for your sin, you dont confess them.
What you CONFESS, is that He had died for them all., as the "one time eternal sacrifice for ALL sin". Hebrews 10:12

And what Christ has taken away (SIN) is remembered no more.

If you read Verse 14, you'll see that the born again are Sanctified........not becoming, but are Already.

Verse 17 Tells you that once born again, God does not remember your sin anymore.

Then, go to Romans 4:8, and read that God does not charge the born again with their sin.

Now, when you begin to walk in this Light i just showed you, you'll stop believing that you are supposed to sin, as if this is "Christianity">

You are made righteous by the righteousness of Christ, But are you Holy as the Lord God is Holy? If you say yes, you are deceiving yourself, If You say no, then that is where the Process of progressive sanctification occurs. Instant sanctification is what we receive when we are born again, and we are made righteous, Progressive sanctification is a lifelong journey where we are made Holy.

To deny the need for confession and repentance is to live in disfellowship with God. In other words, his presence in your life is not there, The result being Spiritual stagnation.

The righteous shall live by faith, AKA, the faithful, The saint is made Holy unto the LORD. This is the fundamental difference between the faithful and the saints.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You are made righteous by the righteousness of Christ, But are you Holy as the Lord God is Holy?

David.

think now..

What is a SON OF GOD?, as this is the "righteousness of God", manifested, in them, and as them.

Listen...

""The body is dead because of sin."""" = the body is not born again.

Your MIND has to be RENEWED, because its not born again..

So, what is left?
Your SPIRIT.
Your Spirit is the YOU that God has come to Redeem and recreate as BORN AGAIN into HIS Spirit.
There is your born again Christian found, as a "new Creation in Christ'.

So, as long as you can't see this, then you will only think of the SAVED Christian as everything but this eternal spiritual reality.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David.

think now..

What is a SON OF GOD?, as this is the "righteousness of God", manifested, in them, and as them.

Listen...

""The body is dead because of sin."""" = the body is not born again.

Your MIND has to be RENEWED, because its not born again..

So, what is left?
Your SPIRIT.
Your Spirit is the YOU that God has come to Redeem and recreate as BORN AGAIN into HIS Spirit.
There is your born again Christian found, as a "new Creation in Christ'.

So, as long as you can't see this, then you will only think of the SAVED Christian as everything but this eternal spiritual reality.

The Question is do you consider yourself Holy as God is Holy? You did not answer the question.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the body is not born again.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. Romans 12:1

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Question is do you consider yourself Holy as God is Holy? You did not answer the question.

I did answer you, but you dont understand the response., David

Let me try it like this...

My Born Again SPIRIT, .....not my body, and not my mind ... Have become this.

"AS JESUS IS.......so are the born again, in THIS World".

MY Born again SPIRIT< is a "SON OF GOD">.... "made Righteous'...having become the "righteousness of God, in Christ".

Thats my Born Again Spirit....it has become "ONE WITH GOD".

You can't become "ONE with God"..>"made Righteous", and not have God's Righteousness.

See, for God to accept us..... we have to become "God's Righteousness"...... and that is what Christ has "finished"..."it is Finished"......He said from the Cross. So, when a person believes in Jesus BY FAITH, God gives them the New Birth, in the SPIRIT.......their SPIRIT is born again, and becomes 'In Christ"..... "One With God"....as "God is A Spirit".
The 'new creation in Christ" is not your body or mind....its the born again Spirit.
This is the Son/Daughter, of God.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Born Again SPIRIT, .....not my body, and not my mind ... Have become this.

Again, you re not being scriptural: Romans 12:1-12 shows that holiness of the mind and body is the purpose of progressive sanctification. Imputed righteousness is one thing, holiness is another. Again this is about fellowship, and not salvation... you defer to salvation in all your responses, which shows you only preach half of the Gospel of Paul.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Again, you re not being scriptural: Romans 12:1-12 shows that holiness of the mind and body is the purpose of progressive sanctification

Paul said that "the body is dead because of sin".......DEAD, DEAD.........do you understand this word?
Paul said that "in my flesh is no good thing".
And you are to reckon it dead... ESTEEM it dead.
And your mind of the flesh, is your "Old man", and Paul said, your old man is "Crucified With Christ".

"holiness of mind and body", is all about Discipleship......not about Salvation.
So, to have perfected discipleship, is as Paul teaches..>"Christ always gives me the Victory'.

See that word "always"?.....that does not mean "sin and confess" again.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speak only for yourself..

So If you are confessing and repending, that, its because you are sinning.
You are not to be found sinning if you are born again, as the born again are to live in this..>>"Christ always gives me the Victory".
Speak for myself? Okay, then I will. I don't intend to apologize for obeying the Lord.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Speak for myself? Okay, then I will. I don't intend to apologize for obeying the Lord.

You are using a verse in 1 John that is talking to unbelievers, as your personal motto : "Jesus told me to confess".
If you own a bible, and you read into 1 Jn Chapter 3, the Same Apostle, talking to the BORN AGAIN, says they "can't sin".

So, if He says the born again "can't sin", in Chapter 3, and also says you are to confess you sin.....in 1 Jn 9
Then that means you have not understood any of this, just like you have not understood the "house of Israel" is not YOU.

See you wrote about "He that is of the Devil" and that can't be a SON OF THE FATHER GOD.
"OF the DEVIL"< means that He is their Father......= that can't be a born again Christian, as the born again are "OF GOD">
See that?