There Is No Salvation, Outside Of The Roman Catholic Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

VaticanWebsite

Roman Catholic Catechism (846)

"Outside the Church there is no salvation"

846 How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers?335 Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:
Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through Baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it.336

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

VaticanWebsite

846 How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers?335 Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:
Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through Baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it.336
My Holy Bible Teaches Salvation Is Found In Faith Of Jesus Christ Alone As A Free Gift Of God, And Has Absolutely Nothing To Do With Roman Catholicism Or Any Denominational Church.

Ephesians 2:8-9KJV
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

VaticanWebsite

Dear friend,

Shouldn't there be some TRUTH from someone who has chosen the nickname "Truth7t7" for their forum name? Do you make it a habit of PARTIALLY quoting everything or was this just a one time deal?? ;)

This affirmation is not aimed at those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church: Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience—those too may achieve eternal salvation. (CCC 847)

Mary

PS....At least your reading the Catechism. There is hope for you.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was brought up a catholic and stayed till the age of my 50's....
And was not saved

My husband was the same.................... SO..............................

Our children tried other religions and after a while
we found a bible church ....... and that was the first time I bought a bible..

Till then it was only a prayer book and rosary ..............................!

NOW I am SAVED!!!!!!!!!!!

And now my husband has passed away and I know were he is !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Enoch111

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was brought up a catholic and stayed till the age of my 50's....
And was not saved

My husband was the same.................... SO..............................

Our children tried other religions and after a while
we found a bible church ....... and that was the first time I bought a bible..

Till then it was only a prayer book and rosary ..............................!

NOW I am SAVED!!!!!!!!!!!

And now my husband has passed away and I know were he is !!!!!!!!!!!!
Amen, saved by faith in Jesus Christ, no Church Or Denomination needed!

Glad to hear of this, I got the chills when reading it, your not alone, there are "THOUSANDS" that have been freed from the bondage of Roman Catholicism.

Amen!

Jesus Christ Is The Lord

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, saved by faith in Jesus Christ, no Church Or Denomination needed!

Glad to hear of this, I got the chills when reading it, your not alone, there are "THOUSANDS" that have been freed from the bondage of Roman Catholicism.

Amen!

Jesus Christ Is The Lord

I have heard they have changed a lot..........

BUT.......... I would not want to go back.......!!!!!

It was the same mass every time and in Latin... I do not speak Latin.....
And why did they not teach us more in stead of the same .......same......... same.....
mass......... 6 day's a week...............
[more from the bible would have helped........! ]

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have heard they have changed a lot..........

BUT.......... I would not want to go back.......!!!!!

It was the same mass every time and in Latin... I do not speak Latin.....
And why did they not teach us more in stead of the same .......same......... same.....
mass......... 6 day's a week...............
[more from the bible would have helped........! ]
Glad to see you escaped the bondage, and have found Jesus Christ, your testimony is powerful, a ministry to those Roman Catholics still in prison.

Galatians 5:1KJV
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

2 Peter 2:17-19KJV
17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.
18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
VaticanWebsite
This entire thread is based on a false premise.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church does NOT say that there is no salvation outside the Roman Rite.
Now, I have corrected you about this on MANY occasions but you keep posting this nonsense.

If you want to have a serious conversation about this - then grow up and stop lying - and MAYBE we'll get somewhere . . .

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This entire thread is based on a false premise.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church does NOT say that there is no salvation outside the Roman Rite.
Now, I have corrected you about this on MANY occasions but you keep posting this nonsense.

If you want to have a serious conversation about this - then grow up and stop lying - and MAYBE we'll get somewhere . . .

"Catholic Church"

It clearly states this above in Catechism (846)

It doesn't say Baptist Or Luthern Church, It States "Catholic Church"

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Catholic Church"

It clearly states this above in Catechism (846)

It doesn't say Baptist Or Luthern Church, It States "Catholic Church"
Thank you.

Now - are you going to apologize for lying earlier??
YOU said that the Catechism stated that there was no salvation outside the "Roman" Catholic Church.
That's NOT what it says.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

Now - are you going to apologize for lying earlier??
YOU said that the Catechism stated that there was no salvation outside the "Roman" Catholic Church.
That's NOT what it says.
That's exactly what it day's no apology needed.

"Outside The Church There Is No Salvation"?

What Church Are They Refering To?

"The Catholic Church" as clearly identified below, no rocket science, easy to read, simple, 2nd grade comprehension needed.

VaticanWebsite

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's exactly what it day's no apology needed.
"Outside The Church There Is No Salvation"?
What Church Are They Refering To?
"The Catholic Church" as clearly identified below, no rocket science, easy to read, simple, 2nd grade comprehension needed.
VaticanWebsite

You're lying again.

Show me where it says "ROMAN CATHOLIC CATECHISM".
It doesn't say that because YOU made it up.

You want to have an intelligent conversation about this??
Then start behaving intelligently . . .