The Rapture is not Biblical!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The doctrine of the rapture is a Protestant addition to Futurist interpretations of the book of Revelation. It was not invented to scare people but evolved from the Roman Catholic Church’s attempts to suppress the Protestant Reformers in the 16th century. Martin Luther through intense study of the Scriptures concluded that justification comes through faith in Jesus Christ and not through the church, who claimed that “Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus,” (There is no salvation outside the church). Furthermore, Luther and the Reformers who followed in his footsteps all agreed that the biblical Antichrist and the man of sin (II Thessalonians 2) referred to Papal Rome. To defend its reputation, the Catholic Church counterattacked Luther and the Protestant Reformers. At the Council of Trent in 1545, the Jesuits, a society notorious for intrigue and sedition, were commissioned to develop a new interpretation of the scriptures to counteract Protestant applications of the Bible’s Antichrist prophecies to Rome. Francisco Ribera, a prominent Jesuit priest, thus concluded that all prophecies of the Antichrist and the man of sin applied not to the Catholic Church or Christians, but to someone who would come in the distant future, in the biblical last days.

Three centuries later, this Jesuit Futurism, originally confined to the Roman Church, found its way into Protestants of the Church of England. John Darby, a Protestant pastor, lawyer, theologian, and respected Christian started the Dispensational movement, whereby God deals with mankind in major dispensations or periods. He promoted the last-day rapture to be followed by the appearance of the man Antichrist. Later, many Protestants have accepted the rapture doctrine and made it dogma.

The rapture doctrine is not found in the Bible. Though Moses, Enoch and Elijah were taken away by God at the end of their lives, they were not taken to heaven alive since it is written: “Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable,” (I Corinthians 15: 50). The Scriptures say of Moses: “no man knows his burial place to this day,” (Deuteronomy 34: 6). Moses was not “raptured” into heaven still alive. Likely, Enoch and Elijah died naturally, and God disposed of their bodies. Furthermore, we find in Revelation 2: 10: “Be thou faithful unto death and I will give you the crown of life.” Death is thus a prerequisite to inherit the kingdom of heaven. In addition, I Corinthians 15: 22 states: “As in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.” Clearly, no one is raptured into heaven alive, and faithfulness to God unto death determines the destiny of each Christian.

That's quite the mess--I mean the history as well as the conclusion.

First off, you say "Clearly, no one is raptured into heaven alive", against Christ, who said, "God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Furthermore, the term "rapture" is simply derived from the original language, meaning: "caught up." Which I will attest and give testimony, that I myself was "caught up" (resulting in my own salvation) in the spirit to the third heaven in the presence of God and then returned, and am still very much alive also in the flesh by the common definition--which was and is actually dead in and of itself; and yet now I live truly as God lives, and by Him.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The Rapture is not Biblical!"

What does it matter? Just be ready for the Lord's return, at any moment!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 4
16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

How could it be any clearer?

God HAS NOT made ANYONE an APPOINTMENT to be subject to WRATH.

God HAS MADE an APPOINTMENT For the Earth to Receive His Wrath.

Believers, non-Believers ON the EARTH, on that unknown day or hour, WHEN God sends down from Heaven His Tribulations….
WHELP…..you will suffer the consequences of Gods WRATH.

Don’t want to BE THAT GUY….?

God has OFFERED every man A WAY to escape His Tribulations and consequences of His Wrath…——>. Lookie here…—->

The ESCAPE PLAN IS getting your Salvation Before, the Earth as we know it shall be destroyed…

1 Thes 5:
[9] For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Matt 24:
[21] For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Glory to God,
Taken

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would enjoy commenting on the following found in the OP...

John Darby, a Protestant pastor, lawyer, theologian, and respected Christian started the Dispensational movement, whereby God deals with mankind in major dispensations or periods.

I do not know why we have so many Christians who believe the entire Bible is written directly to them, the Church of God. There is nothing in the Bible to indicate such thinking, and I would like to add nothing could be further from the truth. It's true the Word of God was written for everyone for all time, and it's for our learning because it contains what everyone should know. That does not mean every part of it is addressed to everyone in this time, because the subject matter was written either to the Jews, to the Gentiles, or to the Church of God
(1 Corinthians 10:32).

To rightly understand the Word of God, one must understand what part is written to the Church of God and what part is written for the learning of the Church. Every word from Genesis 1:1, to Revelation 22:21, is written for our learning. However, not all of the words from Genesis 1:1, to Revelation 22:21, are addressed to us. We must learn to distinguish not only the various people, but also the different time periods God has spoken to if we want to understand the written Word of God. The time God spoke to the children of Israel is not the same time period He has spoken to us. The time He spoke to the prophets in the time of the Old Testament is not the same time period He spoke to His Son Jesus Christ in the time of the gospels.

I would add to John Darbys comment stating that while studying the bible, the use of prayer and the spirit is also needed.

Reactions: Hillsage

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The rapture is not biblical."

OK .

emoji-face-palm.gif

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
R-A-P-T-U-R-E

In the clouds above the earth is Gods Escape Plan for the S-A-N-C-T -F-I-E-D…
Saved, born again, already separated from of this world, just waiting for groom to get his bride and take her to his fathers house….
(Old Established Jewish protocol).

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The rapture s my biblical."

OK .

emoji-face-palm.gif

WOW, are ya thinking Converted men don’t suffer enough tribulations, hate, of this world, that God Himself wants His trusting faithful servants to suffer His Tribulations and Wrath?

Really? Do you have children? When they are obedient do you reward them with your anger (wrath) and intentional destruction for them to experience pain and suffering?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God HAS NOT made ANYONE an APPOINTMENT to be subject to WRATH.

God HAS MADE an APPOINTMENT For the Earth to Receive His Wrath.

Believers, non-Believers ON the EARTH, on that unknown day or hour, WHEN God sends down from Heaven His Tribulations….
WHELP…..you will suffer the consequences of Gods WRATH.

Don’t want to BE THAT GUY….?

God has OFFERED every man A WAY to escape His Tribulations and consequences of His Wrath…——>. Lookie here…—->

The ESCAPE PLAN IS getting your Salvation Before, the Earth as we know it shall be destroyed…

1 Thes 5:
[9] For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Matt 24:
[21] For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Glory to God,
Taken
Proverbs 16
4 The LORD has made all for Himself, Yes, even the wicked for the day of doom.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW, are ya thinking Converted men don’t suffer enough tribulations, hate, of this world, that God Himself wants His trusting faithful servants to suffer His Tribulations and Wrath?

Really? Do you have children? When they are obedient do you reward them with your anger (wrath) and intentional destruction for them to experience pain and suffering?

I actually intended to quote the op. But it appears the system exited before committing to post. I edited my post.

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you say you believed Lindsey? If so, it's YOUR fault.
You're absolutely right, :woohoo!: it was my fault for believing him, and not doing the research I should have, to know the truth. :r.u.n:

I thank God continuously that I found 'some' good teachers for multiple false 'church doctrines'. And I thank God that they found me to be, a bulb that could be lit with 'the truth'....because it wasn't 'burned out'.1698708677175.png

I'll leave you AGAIN, and this is hopefully the last time Jack.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're absolutely right, :woohoo!: it was my fault for believing him, and not doing the research I should have, to know the truth. :r.u.n:

I thank God continuously that I found 'some' good teachers for multiple false 'church doctrines'. And I thank God that they found me to be, a bulb that could be lit with 'the truth'....because it wasn't 'burned out'.View attachment 37615

I'll leave you AGAIN, and this is hopefully the last time Jack.
That's why I say don't go to church before you STUDY the Bible.