There is no spiritual gift called "the gift of tongues".

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For it is written, 'Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, .........................................'

T
hese are for real the gifts of the Holy Spirit, which Paul exactly mentions, were given to the Apostles out there, and believers in a gathering.

On the day of Pentecost the Apostles received, 'tongues of men' to serve in the field. These are languages spoken by men of all nation, as the commission of our Lord Jesus Christ given to the Apostles, and Holy Spirit to descend, must be met. They are to proclaim the Gospel and make disciples of all nation using the every languages of men imparted to them. Furthermore, instructing these men disciples, to observe all that He have commanded His Apostles.

Next, to serve believers indoors in a gathering, to some received the 'tongues of angels', languages of angels known only by GOD, not men. That is why, these some who've received them, should also pray for interpretation to the common languages of the place, to benefit all present. These languages are spoken by angels worshiping GOD in Heaven, day and night, as one day the saints will with the angels. That's why, the spiritual saints in a gathering here on earth itself, may also begin to use them with interpretation. In order, to pray, to sing and to give thanks, in worship to GOD who art in Heaven and in secret.

Wherefore, at the end, every one in the congregation who heard the meaning through the interpretation of these tongues. Therefore, now all the saints that are gathered as one body of Christ, are able to say together, Amen.

SAME Tongues spoken on Pentecost as in 1 Corinthians.

Now find out why God allowed a select group of the audience from Acts ch2 to hear what was spoken in Tongues.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
SAME Tongues spoken on Pentecost as in 1 Corinthians.
Nope! Read the context!

Tongues spoken on the day of Pentecost, are languages of men under Heaven, who were from other nations, and they were dwelling at Jerusalem. They clearly heard these Galileans speak the wonderful works of GOD/ Good News, in their own tongues/languages. Therefore, these Apostles spoke the 'tongues of men', and were understood by men even during their time, period. (Acts 2:11)

Now, Tongues spoken in the congregation/gathering, spoken not unto men, but unto GOD: for no man understand the one who speaks. (1 Corinthians 14:2)
Apparently. they are the tongues of angels in Heaven, known as 'unknown languages', understood only by GOD who art in Heaven and in secret, That's why, the one who speaks, were instructed to pray that one may too interpret, period
Now find out why God allowed a select group of the audience from Acts ch2 to hear what was spoken in Tongues.
Because, it is the commission Jesus gave the Apostles, to make disciples of all nation. As according to Matthew chapter 28, and it came to pass. period

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope! Read the context!

Tongues spoken on the day of Pentecost, are languages of men under Heaven, who were from other nations, and they were dwelling at Jerusalem. They clearly heard these Galileans speak the wonderful works of GOD/ Good News, in their own tongues/languages. Therefore, these Apostles spoke the 'tongues of men', and were understood by men even during their time, period. (Acts 2:11)

Now, Tongues spoken in the congregation/gathering, spoken not unto men, but unto GOD: for no man understand the one who speaks. (1 Corinthians 14:2)
Apparently. they are the tongues of angels in Heaven, known as 'unknown languages', understood only by GOD who art in Heaven and in secret, That's why, the one who speaks, were instructed to pray that one may too interpret, period

Because, it is the commission Jesus gave the Apostles, to make disciples of all nation. As according to Matthew chapter 28, and it came to pass. period
There is not one scripture that states your position on Acts ch2

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For it is written, 'Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, .........................................'

T
hese are for real the gifts of the Holy Spirit, which Paul exactly mentions, were given to the Apostles out there, and believers in a gathering.

On the day of Pentecost the Apostles received, 'tongues of men' to serve in the field. These are languages spoken by men of all nation, as the commission of our Lord Jesus Christ given to the Apostles, and Holy Spirit to descend, must be met. They are to proclaim the Gospel and make disciples of all nation using the every languages of men imparted to them. Furthermore, instructing these men disciples, to observe all that He have commanded His Apostles.

Next, to serve believers indoors in a gathering, to some received the 'tongues of angels', languages of angels known only by GOD, not men. That is why, these some who've received them, should also pray for interpretation to the common languages of the place, to benefit all present. These languages are spoken by angels worshiping GOD in Heaven, day and night, as one day the saints will with the angels. That's why, the spiritual saints in a gathering here on earth itself, may also begin to use them with interpretation. In order, to pray, to sing and to give thanks, in worship to GOD who art in Heaven and in secret.

Wherefore, at the end, every one in the congregation who heard the meaning through the interpretation of these tongues. Therefore, now all the saints that are gathered as one body of Christ, are able to say together, Amen.
tongues of men = known languages

Holy Spirit tongues as poured out on Pentecost = unkown language

Why did God grant the 'hearing' to some of the audience?

CLUE - It was a fulfilled Prophecy - Find it in the OT

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where's the scripture quote that is written, 'unknown language' poured out on Pentecost?

1 Corinthians AND OT Prophecy declare exactly what took place in Acts ch2

Peace Brother and have a Great Day in the LORD Today

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where's the scripture quote that is written, 'unknown language' poured out on Pentecost?

That's a lie from the denomination you belong to.

i belong to CHRIST

Christ Blessed me to SEE and repent from denominations a long time ago.

His word never lies to us AND God is not the author of confusion - unbelief and lack of extensive study in the Word are.

Reactions: St. SteVen

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find that insulting... - LOL
(just kidding)

Oops. I quoted before the EDIT.

Still insulting though, - LOL

/

If we insult our own intelligence - we are only left with each other to blame.........so there goes the question

whose intellingence is it anyway?

You can call me crazy
but don't call me lazy
my head can be hazy
and always remember
my name is not Stacey

Gender equality is at it's worse
just like moldy liverwurst

God who knows the hearts
dosen't give a f_rt
about the non-binary code
of those who lost the Mode

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: St. SteVen

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't deny it at all, in fact I embrace it 100% and quite it according. Here it is.

1 Cor 13:8

8Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
As long as you make the false claim that the 'cloven tongue' no longer manifests today, then you are in denial of that Scripture. The reason is because the subject of that 1 Cor.13:8 verse is about the world to come when those things will have passed away. And why will they have passed away in that future time, like Apostle Paul is pointing to? It is because those things Paul speaks of there are of THIS PRESENT WORLD TIME.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Spiritual Gift of Tongues from the HOLY SPIRIT is an "unknown" language = to men.

But not to God= 1 Corinthians 14:2

1Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.
2For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him;
however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.
Even so and...
1co 14:39Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we insult our own intelligence - we are only left with each other to blame.........so there goes the question

whose intellingence is it anyway?

You can call me crazy
but don't call me lazy
my head can be hazy
and always remember
my name is not Stacey

Gender equality is at it's worse
just like moldy liverwurst

God who knows the hearts
dosen't give a f_rt
about the non-binary code
of those who lost the Mode
Now that WAS creative. (and funny) Thanks.

/

Reactions: David in NJ

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again folks, the word "UNKNOWN" in the KJV of 1 Corinthians 14 is NOT IN THE ORIGINAL GREEK TEXTS OF THE NEW TESTAMENT. The KJV translators added that word to make it read, "unknown tongue". There is NO SUCH THING as an UNKNOWN tongue.

Those who try to claim the gibberish speech is an "unknown tongue" ABUSE that word "unknown" added in Scripture, simply because the gibberish does not manifest like the true cloven tongue did at Pentecost.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even after my given quotes and explanation, you deliberately twist on the contrary and manifest as Greek scholar now. For, i serve a GOD through Lord Jesus Christ, who is not an author of confusion. You may stick to your 'twisted' version, apparently we've nothing in common, no thank you.

As it is written, 'As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.'
That's just ignorant and your CONTINUED DENIAL OF THE WRITTEN SCRIPTURE. You need to go back and study Acts 2 to see HOW the TRUE cloven tongue manifested. There was NO GIBBERISH SPEECH involved!

Status
Not open for further replies.