There is no spiritual gift called "the gift of tongues".

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The explain this one away...

1 Corinthians 14:2
For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh NOT unto men, but unto God: for NO MAN UNDERSTANDS HIM howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

Mark 16:17
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues

So in your view WHY is it all Christians are not speaking more then one language?

Are they not believers?

1 Corinthians 12:10
To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

If there is no such thing as an unknown tongue... WHY is interpretation needed???

Your argument is falling apart here homie! smile-grin12.gif

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again folks, the word "UNKNOWN" in the KJV of 1 Corinthians 14 is NOT IN THE ORIGINAL GREEK TEXTS OF THE NEW TESTAMENT. The KJV translators added that word to make it read, "unknown tongue". There is NO SUCH THING as an UNKNOWN tongue.

Those who try to claim the gibberish speech is an "unknown tongue" ABUSE that word "unknown" added in Scripture, simply because the gibberish does not manifest like the true cloven tongue did at Pentecost.
Davy, Davy, Davy
Scripture can be a little wavey
but do not fret from the 'unkown'
God sits on His Throne
where all Truth is Shown

He hears the singing and the praise
offered to Him who poured out the Blaze
with tongues of men we sing praise
the Tongues of the Holy Spirit is the Real Blaze
FIRE of His Desire from Above
Came down on the Wings of a Dove

JESUS told us to wait for Holy Spirit Power
it is a MUST in the lateness of the Hour
no man can quell the Holy Spirit against hell
religion shudders from the Spirit who Thunders
Spiritual words of God's Wonders

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
rhymes that speak on paper i like

Better be careful man, that's the slippery slope that leads to become a plain white wrapper!

Did you hear about that one white guy that was a wrapper and he had clean lyrics?
He called himself... Safe Cracker!

Then, there was this old guy that became a wrapper and had clean lyrics...
He called himself... Propa Papa!

• Haha
Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Better be careful man, that's the slippery slope that leads to become a plain white wrapper!

Did you hear about that one white guy that was a wrapper and he had clean lyrics?
He called himself... Safe Cracker!

Then, there was this old guy that became a wrapper and had clean lyrics...
He called himself... Propa Papa!
loved it - thank you

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as you make the false claim that the 'cloven tongue' no longer manifests today, then you are in denial of that Scripture. The reason is because the subject of that 1 Cor.13:8 verse is about the world to come when those things will have passed away. And why will they have passed away in that future time, like Apostle Paul is pointing to? It is because those things Paul speaks of there are of THIS PRESENT WORLD TIME.
It's not about the world to come. Nowhere does it say that
You're assuming that but that's not what it says anywhere within it.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 41145

You mean like... Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that Jesus was created by Jehovah as the archangel Michael before the physical world existed, and is a lesser god.

That's the spirit of anti-christ working in you... you should REPENT View attachment 41146
Col 1:15--Jesus is the firstborn of all creation. All creation occurred at the beginning , then God rested.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Col 1:15--Jesus is the firstborn of all creation. All creation occurred at the beginning , then God rested.
CRAZY how watchtower twists scripture in their unbelief and rebellion against the LORD.

Since what you say is NOT the Way the Truth and the Life - you cannot be saved until you Obey the LORD.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CRAZY how watchtower twists scripture in their unbelief and rebellion against the LORD.

Since what you say is NOT the Way the Truth and the Life - you cannot be saved until you Obey the LORD.
Yes obey Jesus=Matt 6:33-Keep on seeking- FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHVH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)
All of creation can clearly see who obeys Jesus by that single teaching.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes obey Jesus=Matt 6:33-Keep on seeking- FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHVH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)
All of creation can clearly see who obeys Jesus by that single teaching.
What is the "kingdom" ???

AND

What is the righteousness of YHWH ???

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
I nominate you for the Prickly Pear Award of the Week. Congrats!

View attachment 41202

/ cc; @David in NJ
This is the fruit of your false denomination, i get it, dear St, Cactus and David Lame, no thank you by the way.

As my reward are stored in Heaven, and they are not of earthly like yours.

Apparently, i already know you by your fruit , they are filled with thorns and thistles, would want to stay away.

• Haha
Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the fruit of your false denomination, i get it, dear St, Cactus and David Lame, no thank you by the way.

Apparently, i already know you by your fruit , they are filled with thorns and thistles, would want to stay away.

Fred, what are you so upset about?

Did not Christ shed His Precious Blood for ALL who would Believe on Him unto Everlasting Life?

That would include @St. SteVen and myself.

• Love

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia

For it is written, "Every plant, which My Heavenly FATHER hath not planted, shall be rooted up. Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into a ditch."

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For it is written, "Every plant, which My Heavenly FATHER hath not planted, shall be rooted up. Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into a ditch."
Fred, what are you so upset about?

• Love

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia

Also it is written, "Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 'This people draweth nigh unto Me with their mouth, and honoureth Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. But in vain they do worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.' "

Status
Not open for further replies.