There is no spiritual gift called "the gift of tongues".

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Fred, what are you so upset about?
Together is written, "Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you , and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in Heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Together is written, "Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you , and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in Heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."

Nobody is persecuting you or calling you evil or speaking falsely against you Brother (at least not from myself).

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Nobody is persecuting you or calling you evil or speaking falsely against you Brother (at least not from myself).
What is done is done, for i received the word to be glad and rejoice, while you receive the same word in conviction, that shows in your respond.

Remember Jesus said, "You will know them by their fruit."

Prior, you witnessed your twisted version of your denomination teaching, in regards tongues. Hence, being wise in your own conceit, further humor with St. Cactus.

We're done here, am merely a servant who dust his feet, and you have reckoning with the Lord Himself

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
So far you are ahead by 3 touchdowns! View attachment 41203

They forget that the Word teaches us there are diverse (different kind) tongues 1 Corinthians 12:10
You're right, 'tongues of men' and 'tongues of angels', diverse tongues.

The Scripture is truth and clearly stated, but we have many masters here, who are unaware they're merely blind guides to the blind.

Am not determining for anything nor for anyone, but the Scripture flow within me is doing the witnessing to the written truth. And expose fallacy of the opponent, up to him, whether want to reconcile back to the truth and the Lord lawfully, or head on in lawlessness.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the "kingdom" ???

AND

What is the righteousness of YHWH ???
Living now to do Jesus' Fathers will is how to seek YHVH's righteousness( Matt 7:21) and to obey his son.
The kingdom= Gods gov't rule over all creation.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Living now to do Jesus' Fathers will is how to seek YHVH's righteousness( Matt 7:21) and to obey his son.
The kingdom= Gods gov't rule over all creation.
What is the Father's Will?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the Father's Will?
Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God=OT-NT, years of study it never stops.
Fact-The ones taking the lead in Jesus' religion he is with, without fail teach every utterance to the flock, it never stops.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God=OT-NT, years of study it never stops.
Fact-The ones taking the lead in Jesus' religion he is with, without fail teach every utterance to the flock, it never stops.

the LORD Jesus Christ does not have a religion

Back to the question = What is the Will of God?

Reactions: St. SteVen

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy, Davy, Davy
Scripture can be a little wavey
but do not fret from the 'unkown'
God sits on His Throne
where all Truth is Shown

He hears the singing and the praise
offered to Him who poured out the Blaze
with tongues of men we sing praise
the Tongues of the Holy Spirit is the Real Blaze
FIRE of His Desire from Above
Came down on the Wings of a Dove

JESUS told us to wait for Holy Spirit Power
it is a MUST in the lateness of the Hour
no man can quell the Holy Spirit against hell
religion shudders from the Spirit who Thunders
Spiritual words of God's Wonders

Reactions: David in NJ

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not about the world to come. Nowhere does it say that
You're assuming that but that's not what it says anywhere within it.
The idea of those things 'passing away' is about the things of this world that are ordained to be no more in the world to come...

Matt 24:35
35 Heaven and earth shall
pass away, but My words shall not pass away.
KJV

2 Peter 3:10
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which
the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
KJV

Rev 21:1
21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth:
for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
KJV

Rev 21:4
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain:
for the former things are passed away.
KJV

I truly feel sorry for you then, because by your denial of the passing away of the things of THIS PRESENT WORLD can mean only one thing, i.e., that YOUR ACTUAL TRUST is in THIS PRESENT WORLD, and NOT the world to come in Jesus Christ.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the LORD Jesus Christ does not have a religion

Back to the question = What is the Will of God?
Acts 24:5- proves there is. As well the NT clearly shows Paul went around starting congregations.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 24:5- proves there is. As well the NT clearly shows Paul went around starting congregations.
Acts ch24
5For we have found this man a plague, a creator of dissension among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes.

Is this what you are referring to?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts ch24
5For we have found this man a plague, a creator of dissension among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes.

Is this what you are referring to?
Yes--sect of the Nazarene= the new religion of the Nazarene( Jesus)--And fact-In Revelation Jesus speaks to 7 churches not to synagogues.

Status
Not open for further replies.