There is no spiritual gift called "the gift of tongues".

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2 Peter 1

Good News Translation

1 From Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ—
To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have been given a faith as precious as ours:
2 May grace and peace be yours in full measure through your knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

God's Call and Choice​

3 God's divine power has given us everything we need to live a truly religious life through our knowledge of the one who called us to share in his own[a] glory and goodness. 4 In this way he has given us the very great and precious gifts he promised, so that by means of these gifts you may escape from the destructive lust that is in the world, and may come to share the divine nature. 5 For this very reason do your best to add goodness to your faith; to your goodness add knowledge; 6 to your knowledge add self-control; to your self-control add endurance; to your endurance add godliness; 7 to your godliness add Christian affection; and to your Christian affection add love. 8 These are the qualities you need, and if you have them in abundance, they will make you active and effective in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But if you do not have them, you are so shortsighted that you cannot see and have forgotten that you have been purified from your past sins.
10 So then, my friends, try even harder to make God's call and his choice of you a permanent experience; if you do so, you will never abandon your faith. 11 In this way you will be given the full right to enter the eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
12 And so I will always remind you of these matters, even though you already know them and are firmly grounded in the truth you have received. 13 I think it only right for me to stir up your memory of these matters as long as I am still alive. 14 I know that I shall soon put off this mortal body, as our Lord Jesus Christ plainly told me. 15 I will do my best, then, to provide a way for you to remember these matters at all times after my death.

Eyewitnesses of Christ's Glory​

16 We have not depended on made-up stories in making known to you the mighty coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. With our own eyes we saw his greatness. 17 We were there when he was given honor and glory by God the Father, when the voice came to him from the Supreme Glory, saying, “This is my own dear Son, with whom I am pleased!” 18 We ourselves heard this voice coming from heaven, when we were with him on the holy mountain.
19 So we are even more confident of the message proclaimed by the prophets. You will do well to pay attention to it, because it is like a lamp shining in a dark place until the Day dawns and the light of the morning star shines in your hearts. 20 Above all else, however, remember that none of us can explain by ourselves a prophecy in the Scriptures. 21 For no prophetic message ever came just from the human will, but people were under the control of the Holy Spirit as they spoke the message that came from God.

Wow, the context is not about Spritual Gifts like those in I Cor 12-14.

1711055893997.png1711055938330.png1711055916053.png1711055956787.png1711056005739.png1711056036034.png

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 7:14= destruction Jesus said.
2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
7... when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

A process that NEVER ends!

The other teachings are symbolic.
Symbolic, one of JW's fav words when they don't like what God said!
The darkness cannot understand it.
And the WatchTower is FILLED with darkness. Is there anything in the Christian Bible that JW's believe? Even the JW bible teaches that Jesus is God and "the everlasting fire" is indeed EVERLASTING!

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
7... when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

A process that NEVER ends!

Symbolic, one of JW's fav words when they don't like what God said!

And the WatchTower is FILLED with darkness. Is there anything in the Christian Bible that JW's believe? Even the JW bible teaches that Jesus is God and "the everlasting fire" is indeed EVERLASTING!
Deut 30:19--Meet the true God. He set before all-LIFE or DEATH both will be eternal.

• Love

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 1

20 Most important of all, you must understand this: No prophecy in the Scriptures comes from the prophet’s own understanding. 21 No prophecy ever came from what some person wanted to say. But people were led by the Holy Spirit and spoke words from God.​

BINGO!!! MOST "Prophetic Messages" (Particularly on the Internet) are as phony as a $3 bill. When I hear a "Prophetic Word", I file it in "Pending" and wait for confirmation, as Paul instructs in 1 Cor 14:29.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should read your JW bible. Rev 20 "they will be TORMENTED day and night FOREVER..."
The bible does not contradict itself-Some of it is symbolic, but the darkness cannot understand it.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible does not contradict itself-Some of it is symbolic, but the darkness cannot understand it.
The parts that are "symbolic" to the WatchTower are the parts they don't like, even YOUR JW bible! JW's don't even believe their own bible!

• Love

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The parts that are "symbolic" to the WatchTower are the parts they don't like, even YOUR JW bible! JW's don't even believe their own bible!
We believe Jesus-Why don't you?--John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you( Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Jesus Christ---See Jack--If you don't know the Father as THE ONLY TRUE GOD-you will not get eternal life according to Jesus--He is not wrong, your religionssssssssssss are wrong.

• Haha

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We believe Jesus-
We? How many are YOU?
Why don't you?
Why did your WatchTower masters edit out Jesus being God? UTTER deceit! That's why.
--John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you( Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Jesus Christ---See Jack--If you don't know the Father as THE ONLY TRUE GOD-you will not get eternal life according to Jesus--He is not wrong, your religionssssssssssss are wrong.
Oh that's right, you said "Jesus is only with the JW's". And yet you reject your JW bible. JW's don't believe any Christian Bible. They believe their WatchTower masters.

• Love

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
op: no gift of tongues?

Praise God, when they ceased, He Continued the Hear me when I prayed to Him,
"in my own language!"

Amen.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We? How many are YOU?

Why did your WatchTower masters edit out Jesus being God? UTTER deceit! That's why.

Oh that's right, you said "Jesus is only with the JW's". And yet you reject your JW bible. JW's don't believe any Christian Bible. They believe their WatchTower masters.
Its you outright refusing to believe Jesus over your false reasonings-very sad Jack. Paul believed him-1Cor 8:6, thus ALL true followers do as well.--Why won't you?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its you outright refusing to believe Jesus over your false reasonings-very sad Jack. Paul believed him-1Cor 8:6, thus ALL true followers do as well.--Why won't you?
Paul said Jesus is the Creator. Col 1 By Him all things were created.

You just tripped again and again ...

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forbidding tongues all together is not scriptural...

Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues. - 1 Corinthians 14:39

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said Jesus is the Creator. Col 1 By Him all things were created.

You just tripped again and again ...
At John 1:3-All things came into existence-THROUGH him= another created all things THROUGH him=his God and Father=YHVH(Jehovah) the one you keep standing in opposition to. It worked the same with Moses-He had 0 power. YHVH(Jehovah) parted the red sea -THROUGH- Moses. Best relook Jack. Eternal life is on the line and Jesus said-knowing his Father as the only true God and knowing Jesus means eternal life.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At John 1:3-All things came into existence-THROUGH him=
Amen! Jesus is God! See how God made you admit that Jesus is God!
another created all things THROUGH him
Amen!
=his God and Father=YHVH(Jehovah) the one you keep standing in opposition to.
Now you're LYING again.
It worked the same with Moses-He had 0 power. YHVH(Jehovah) parted the red sea -THROUGH- Moses. Best relook Jack. Eternal life is on the line and Jesus said-knowing his Father as the only true God and knowing Jesus means eternal life.
Well if I'm wrong I will have eternal peace. If WatchTower puppets are wrong they will spend eternity with the rich man in Luke 16 CRYING and in TORMENT. Either way I win. You won't win in Hell fire with the Devil.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Jesus is God! See how God made you admit that Jesus is God!

Amen!

Now you're LYING again.

Well if I'm wrong I will have eternal peace. If WatchTower puppets are wrong they will spend eternity with the rich man in Luke 16 CRYING and in TORMENT. Either way I win. You won't win in Hell fire with the Devil.
How sad your reasoning is Jack- To say you will win to see all JW,s suffer eternally= a sick heart, far removed from God. Sad you don't know God, i know you would like to but not his way obviously. If you are wrong then you traded trillions x trillions x trillions, etc of years of eternal life for this life= no peace. nothing is what the dead know. They wouldn't even know they were in eternal suffering if it was literal.
2Peter 3:7-- teaches-the ungodly will be destroyed)--not given eternal life to suffer. Do you understand what destruction means? Lake of fire= the second death)-fire destroys eternally. Its symbolism Jack--God is love, not a sadist like you are being taught.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How sad your reasoning is Jack- To say you will win to see all JW,s suffer eternally= a sick heart, far removed from God.
If I'm wrong I will have eternal peace. If you're wrong you will burn in Hell "forever and ever". Pay attention JW.
Sad you don't know God, i know you would like to but not his way obviously.
I know who your WatchTower god is.
If you are wrong then you traded trillions x trillions x trillions, etc of years of eternal life for this life= no peace.
No peace? Do you realize how IGNORANT your comment is? If I don't exist I will have ZERO worries, ZERO pains, ZERO problems. ETERNAL peace!
nothing is what the dead know.
Hell will be filled with those who don't believe in Hell. Your WatchTower masters LIED to you!
They wouldn't even know they were in eternal suffering if it was literal.
Not IF, it is literal indeed, as literal as ETERNAL life! EXACT same Greek Word, ETERNAL life and ETERNAL punishment! Your JW deceivers failed to mention that to their puppets.
2Peter 3:7-- teaches-the ungodly will be destroyed)--not given eternal life to suffer.
You just called your JW bible LIES! NWT Rev 20 "they will TORMENTED day and night FOREVER ...' Just like the rich man in Luke 16 who died but was quite alive and CRYING and TORMENTED in the fire! And begging for mercy that he didn't get!
Do you understand what destruction means?
I sure do. A process that NEVER ends!

2 Thessalonians 1:9
9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,
Lake of fire= the second death)-fire destroys eternally. Its symbolism Jack--
"Symbolism", yes indeed when WatchTower puppets don't like what God said!
God is love, not a sadist like you are being taught.
You mean God of the Bible Who drowned all on Earth "making them an example"? You mean God of the Bible who burned Sodom alive, "making them an example"? You made the worst mistake of your life stepping foot in Kingdom Hall.

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is always bad form for anyone claiming to know Christ to insist they know what isn't possible within God's providence.

Yes, there are fake gibberish speakers out there. I've watched them on their TV soapbox.
There's one who even learned a bit of Aramaic so to make his followers believe.

However, if we insist God can do anything being he's God, and then presume to insist there is no such thing as ____________,fill in the blank, from God, we lie.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I'm wrong I will have eternal peace. If you're wrong you will burn in Hell "forever and ever". Pay attention JW.

I know who your WatchTower god is.

No peace? Do you realize how IGNORANT your comment is? If I don't exist I will have ZERO worries, ZERO pains, ZERO problems. ETERNAL peace!

Hell will be filled with those who don't believe in Hell. Your WatchTower masters LIED to you!

Not IF, it is literal indeed, as literal as ETERNAL life! EXACT same Greek Word, ETERNAL life and ETERNAL punishment! Your JW deceivers failed to mention that to their puppets.

You just called your JW bible LIES! NWT Rev 20 "they will TORMENTED day and night FOREVER ...' Just like the rich man in Luke 16 who died but was quite alive and CRYING and TORMENTED in the fire! And begging for mercy that he didn't get!

I sure do. A process that NEVER ends!

2 Thessalonians 1:9
9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

"Symbolism", yes indeed when WatchTower puppets don't like what God said!

You mean God of the Bible Who drowned all on Earth "making them an example"? You mean God of the Bible who burned Sodom alive, "making them an example"? You made the worst mistake of your life stepping foot in Kingdom Hall.
There is 0 doubt in all creation, Jesus leads the JW,s- and when you condemn them you condemn Jesus as well. Jesus' teachings in every translation on earth back the JW teachers. You best learn them Jack.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is 0 doubt in all creation, Jesus leads the JW,s- and when you condemn them you condemn Jesus as well. Jesus' teachings in every translation on earth back the JW teachers. You best learn them Jack.
The last Words JW's will hear from Jesus:

Matthew 25:41 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

Thanks to the WatchTower!

Status
Not open for further replies.