There remains no sacrifice for sins . . .

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
11 Concerning him (Melchizedek) we have much to say, and it is difficult to explain, since you have become poor listeners. 12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the actual words of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food. 13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unacquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is an infant. 14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to distinguish between good and evil. (Hebrews 5:11-14)

A toddler gets spanked in order to help him learn right from wrong. He learns to fear his parents' wrath. I remember when, as a teen, when my mom's health started to fail, I realized that a swat on the butt didn't hurt, but seeing her grow more frail did. But that's when I also realized that studying hard and getting good grades made my parents happy, taking the trash out without grumbling made them happy, feeding the dog without having to be told made them happy. (The latter made the dog happy too.) And their being happy made me happy. And that's what love is. What makes the one loved happy makes the one loving happy.

When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. (1 Corinthians 13:12)

The discussion about Melchizedek, introduced here in chapter 5, starts in chapter 7 and leads into the dissertation about Christ's role as our High Priest in chapters 7-10. This is meat, not milk. It ends in chapter 10 verses 19-25 with an exhortation to assurance, faithfulness, and deeds of love to one another. The warning in Hebrews 10:26-31 isn't about sin (though it is assumed); "don't sin" would be milk. This is meat.

The argument I saw in the 1 John discussions always goes that if we believe Christ was sacrificed once for all our sins, we'll get the mindset of an entitled, spoiled toddler and sin all we want. Maybe some Christians are still at the stage where they need to be afraid in order to learn obedience. Maybe the whole Western church needs to grow up. But trying to keep everybody at the "fear" stage is keeping us from growing up and being obedient out of love and gratitude instead of fear.

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 3:8-10 says, Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, In the day of trial in the wilderness, Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me, And saw My works forty years. (Obviously talking to Hebrews here) Wherefore I was angry with that generation, And said, 'They always go astray in their heart, And they have not known My ways.' Not descriptive of believers. Obviously addressing Hebrew brethren and there is no loss of salvation here. Only a failure to receive it. Verses 18-19 - And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief. That explains the hardened heart. It took them in the opposite direction of God. Considered the truth for a time, then hardened heart and departing from God became their final answer.

Hebrews 3:14 - For we have become [past tense Greek verb, gegonamen, meaning we have become already] partakers of Christ, if we hold fast the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end. Notice that this is essentially a repeat of verse 6, where we have read: but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house - whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end. The wording is not - "and you will become partakers of Christ (future indicative) if you (future indicative) hold fast." It is rather - "you have been, and now are, partakers of Christ, (demonstrative evidence) if in the future you hold fast."

The point is that not all of these Hebrews have become partakers in their promised Messiah and of course, the only ones in the end who will be identified as truly born again Hebrews who have partaken in Messiah, will have been those who have held fast the beginning of their confidence steadfast to the end. What about those faltering Hebrews who depart from God, yet begin with loud confidence and profession of loyalty. But later? Future perseverance is proof of genuine conversion.

Commentaries are nothing more than a tool to usurp the authority of the scriptures to elevate the precepts of men…

“…this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men” (Isaiah 29:13)

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
11 Concerning him (Melchizedek) we have much to say, and it is difficult to explain, since you have become poor listeners. 12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the actual words of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food. 13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unacquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is an infant. 14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to distinguish between good and evil. (Hebrews 5:11-14)

A toddler gets spanked in order to help him learn right from wrong. He learns to fear his parents' wrath. I remember when, as a teen, when my mom's health started to fail, I realized that a swat on the butt didn't hurt, but seeing her grow more frail did. But that's when I also realized that studying hard and getting good grades made my parents happy, taking the trash out without grumbling made them happy, feeding the dog without having to be told made them happy. (The latter made the dog happy too.) And their being happy made me happy. And that's what love is. What makes the one loved happy makes the one loving happy.

When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. (1 Corinthians 13:12)

The discussion about Melchizedek, introduced here in chapter 5, starts in chapter 7 and leads into the dissertation about Christ's role as our High Priest in chapters 7-10. This is meat, not milk. It ends in chapter 10 verses 19-25 with an exhortation to assurance, faithfulness, and deeds of love to one another. The warning in Hebrews 10:26-31 isn't about sin (though it is assumed); "don't sin" would be milk. This is meat.

The argument I saw in the 1 John discussions always goes that if we believe Christ was sacrificed once for all our sins, we'll get the mindset of an entitled, spoiled toddler and sin all we want. Maybe some Christians are still at the stage where they need to be afraid in order to learn obedience. Maybe the whole Western church needs to grow up. But trying to keep everybody at the "fear" stage is keeping us from growing up and being obedient out of love and gratitude instead of fear.

“Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.” (Proverbs 30:6)

• Love

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What does he mean, there remains "no more" sacrifice for sins?
We need to keep in mind that this is primarily addressed to Hebrew Christians who were vacillating between Moses and Christ. Since it is Christ who made that one great sacrifice for sins forever through His own sufferings and crucifixion, any attempt at returning to Moses and the sacrificial system under the Old Covenant would be a slap in the face of Christ. Hence that person could expect to be judged for unbelief.

While the apostles were on earth, there was tremendous pressure on Hebrew Christians to continue within the Old Covenant. There was persecution by unbelieving Jews as well as deception by Judaizing Christians who wanted to claim that people could not be saved unless they maintained their Torah observance (and the works of the Law). But in the end Paul assures these Christians that their salvation is not in jeopardy.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need to keep in mind that this is primarily addressed to Hebrew Christians who were vacillating between Moses and Christ

It was addressed to holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling.

“Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus” (Hebrews 3:1)

The damage and violence that commentaries have done to the faith is immense. And there’s no shortage of men who repeat the garbage in those commentaries..:

• Love

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Commentaries are nothing more than a tool to usurp the authority of the scriptures to elevate the precepts of men…

“…this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men” (Isaiah 29:13)
As usual, no rebuttal, just more of the same sarcasm and eisegesis.

• Haha
Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Of SIN because THEY BELIEVE NOT ON ME . TIME TO POINT TO CHRIST and stop allowing the idea
that other religoins findtheir way to GOD too . WE cant say we BELIEVE IN CHRIST and then turn around and say
OH BUT HEY GOD MADE a way in their religion too . NOPE . DONT WORK THAT WAY . EITHER We BELIEVE JESUS
whcih means WE BELIEVE WHAT HE SAID or we Decieve and have decieved ourselves .
Ye cannot have fellowship and or unity with darkness . PREACH CHRIST , HE ALONE , HE ALONE is the ONLY NAME whereby one
can be saved . EITHER we believe HIM or we dont . But if we dont we have decieved ourselves
into following what paul would have called ANOTHER JESUS . YE who are justfied by works ,HAVE FALLEN FROM Grace .
SO they got smart . THEY now preach a works love . THEY say oh if anyone just has love , it dont matter what path they follow
they do good and are saved . FALLEN FROM GRACE ITS A LIE . ONE HAS to believe in CHRIST to be saved .
AND if we truly believe that , WHERE IS OUR LOVE if we can just go with the flow of this false all inclusive religoin
and watch others END UP IN PERDTION for believe such a lie . TIME TO EXPOSE the LIE and POINT ONLY TO JESUS .
I think it might be time to hear again from our dear brother @amigo de christo , as he talks again about the Dire Necessity Of Christ Jesus.

Over to brother @amigo de christo

All have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God .
There is none that are righteous .
Not one that has not sinned .
There is no salvation in any other religion .
And good works without faith in Christ saves none .
Just as faith without works is dead
so is works without faith .
Only one way , only one Name whereby one may be saved .
That is JESUS CHRIST .
That if you shall confess him by Mouth and believe that God has raised Him
from the dead you shall be saved .
When speaking to nicodemus , JESUS
said that GOD so loved the world that HE sent HIS only begotten Son
that who so ever BELIEVES in Him shall be saved .
He , JESUS , goes on to say but the who believes not shall be damned .
Let us also examine a man named cornelious .
In acts chapter ten we see a man
who had did many good works and many prayers unto God .
He was a gentile who prayed to the one true God of abraham .
He was in his house praying to God when an angel appeared
to Him and told him he had been heard for his many good alms and prayers .
Yet Even that man needed to hear one thing
in order to be saved . And he was told to send men unto Peter
who would tell him the words He needed to hear .
Whereby He and his household could be saved . IT was the glorious gospel .
God has chosen to save the people by the preaching of the gospel .
That all who do believe would be saved .
There simply is no other way , no other name whereby we must be saved .
Paul warned the church not to heed anyone , not even an angel
that brought any other gospel .
John said that if one brings not that gospel do not let them into your house
or bid them god speed .
So why do so many today entertain this other gospel
which is no gospel . The one that says
muslims , buddists , hindus atheists and etc
That if they simply do good they are saved . ITS A LIE .
And it is another jesus they preach , another false gospel
they do bring .
Satan knows how to deceive and he has no love for this world .
He lies to them through men even within christendom .
Let no man , woman or child enter into this lie .
Rather teach that to be saved ONE MUST BELIEVE in CHRIST JESUS .
All else is but vanity and it cannot save .
And if a man tells you HE knows JESUS
and that JESUS is just another way to GOD and that these other religions
have their way too . THAT MAN does not KNOW CHRIST
and is a liar . I say this out of great love for all peoples .
For I truly desire not one soul to perish .
The gospel that saves is real simple .
CALL upon the name of the LORD JESUS and ye shall be saved .
And if one truly belongs to Christ they won’t
call evil good and good evil . JESUS is not the minister of sin .
And we ought not to be either .

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:9-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
‭‭Acts‬ ‭4:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Galatians‬ ‭1:6-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
2 John 1:9-11 KJV

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
John‬ ‭3:14-19‬ ‭KJV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

11 And, behold, immediately there were three men already come unto the house where I was, sent from Caesarea unto me.
12 And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house:
13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter;
14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
Acts‬ ‭11:11-17 ‭KJV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it might be time to hear again from our dear brother @amigo de christo , as he talks again about the Dire Necessity Of Christ Jesus.

Over to brother @amigo de christo

All have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God .
There is none that are righteous .
Not one that has not sinned .
There is no salvation in any other religion .
And good works without faith in Christ saves none .
Just as faith without works is dead
so is works without faith .
Only one way , only one Name whereby one may be saved .
That is JESUS CHRIST .
That if you shall confess him by Mouth and believe that God has raised Him
from the dead you shall be saved .
When speaking to nicodemus , JESUS
said that GOD so loved the world that HE sent HIS only begotten Son
that who so ever BELIEVES in Him shall be saved .
He , JESUS , goes on to say but the who believes not shall be damned .
Let us also examine a man named cornelious .
In acts chapter ten we see a man
who had did many good works and many prayers unto God .
He was a gentile who prayed to the one true God of abraham .
He was in his house praying to God when an angel appeared
to Him and told him he had been heard for his many good alms and prayers .
Yet Even that man needed to hear one thing
in order to be saved . And he was told to send men unto Peter
who would tell him the words He needed to hear .
Whereby He and his household could be saved . IT was the glorious gospel .
God has chosen to save the people by the preaching of the gospel .
That all who do believe would be saved .
There simply is no other way , no other name whereby we must be saved .
Paul warned the church not to heed anyone , not even an angel
that brought any other gospel .
John said that if one brings not that gospel do not let them into your house
or bid them god speed .
So why do so many today entertain this other gospel
which is no gospel . The one that says
muslims , buddists , hindus atheists and etc
That if they simply do good they are saved . ITS A LIE .
And it is another jesus they preach , another false gospel
they do bring .
Satan knows how to deceive and he has no love for this world .
He lies to them through men even within christendom .
Let no man , woman or child enter into this lie .
Rather teach that to be saved ONE MUST BELIEVE in CHRIST JESUS .
All else is but vanity and it cannot save .
And if a man tells you HE knows JESUS
and that JESUS is just another way to GOD and that these other religions
have their way too . THAT MAN does not KNOW CHRIST
and is a liar . I say this out of great love for all peoples .
For I truly desire not one soul to perish .
The gospel that saves is real simple .
CALL upon the name of the LORD JESUS and ye shall be saved .
And if one truly belongs to Christ they won’t
call evil good and good evil . JESUS is not the minister of sin .
And we ought not to be either .

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:9-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
‭‭Acts‬ ‭4:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Galatians‬ ‭1:6-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
2 John 1:9-11 KJV

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
John‬ ‭3:14-19‬ ‭KJV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

11 And, behold, immediately there were three men already come unto the house where I was, sent from Caesarea unto me.
12 And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house:
13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter;
14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
Acts‬ ‭11:11-17 ‭KJV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬
hit the trenches dear sister . let the KING CHRIST JESUS be praised

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The author has already asserted in chapters 8, 9, and 10 that Christ's sacrifice DOES cover the believer's willful sin

Total lie.

I wonder why you quoted no verses?

The writer is explaining the superiority of Christ in relation to the Old Testament ceremonies culminating in the warning against willfully sinning. Then the writer happily states that at present, since the chance to willfully sin would be a future action:

“But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.” (Hebrews 10:39)

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Total lie.

The writer is explaining the superiority of Christ in relation to the Old Testament ceremonies culminating in the warning against willfully sinning. Then the writer happily states that at present, since the chance to willfully sin would be a future action:

“But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.” (Hebrews 10:39)
Its hard to believe that other fellow just wrote what he did . All to hold to a lie that saves none but rather damns all who heed it .
WHEN on earth DID JESUS himself ever say such a thing . TRUTH IS i can show us in many places where JESUS himself said otherwise .
WHAT DID JESUS say to those cities and men who had WILLFULLY REJECTED HIM and not repented .
was it A . NO WORRIES MY BLOOD COVERS YOUR WILLFULL SIN , DADDY GOD IS LOVE YOUR SAVED TOO .
OR B .
WOE UNTO YOU CHORAZIN , IT WILL BE BETTER FOR SODOM than for YOU on the day of judgment .
These folks have fast sucked up a lie . HAVENT THEY . THEY teach LIES in the name of false doctrine
and offer up DEATH and not life to all who hear them . JESUS WONT BE TROD UNDER FOOT . apparently they THINK HE WILL .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Total lie.

Me thinks you already KNOW the WHY . cause there ARE NO VERSES to support his emotinalism .
BUT I SAY TO ALL , there are many verses WHICH EXPOSE his fallacies . FOLKS better repent fast is all i can say .

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need to keep in mind that this is primarily addressed to Hebrew Christians who were vacillating between Moses and Christ. Since it is Christ who made that one great sacrifice for sins forever through His own sufferings and crucifixion, any attempt at returning to Moses and the sacrificial system under the Old Covenant would be a slap in the face of Christ. Hence that person could expect to be judged for unbelief.

While the apostles were on earth, there was tremendous pressure on Hebrew Christians to continue within the Old Covenant. There was persecution by unbelieving Jews as well as deception by Judaizing Christians who wanted to claim that people could not be saved unless they maintained their Torah observance (and the works of the Law). But in the end Paul assures these Christians that their salvation is not in jeopardy.
It's nice to see that somebody gets it. ;)

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jews plainly stated why they wanted Jesus Put to Death.

It was for Jesus MAKING Himself God.

No.

That’s what the Pharisees said!

Jesus makes it clear what he said:

“The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Jesus answered them… Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?” (John 10:33-36)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the Jews Divided amongst themselves.

HEBREWS were Divided from Gentiles.
Generations of men continued.
HEBREWS became Divided amongst themselves.
The 12 Tribes of ISRAEL was Established.
The Tribes became Divided.
The Tribes all calling themselves JEW, a Race, Yet Divided in Beliefs.

Not an Accident…Jesus came TO Divide and Acknowledge the Division Between the FREEWILL of All men.

Some saw Jesus and Believed Him.
Many saw Jesus and did not Believe Him.
For 2,000 years men who have Not Seen Him are Making their own individual Dividing Choices…to Believe IN Jesus …OR Not.
A man Believing on the day he mortally dies…
WILL BE SAVED.
A man Heartfully Confessing his Belief Will Forever Believe AND IS SAVED, yet while his body is mortally Alive.

Yes during the time of the Apostles teaching Jews…the Jews often Vacillated…
Mosaic Law ?? Jesus Teaching ??

Think about it. For 4,000 years, Men blessed and acknowledged by God as Faithful Servants and Now PUT that aside and Trust Jesus? Of course that was mysterious and difficult to Grasp.
And to remember…they were not men who could all Read or had a handy Bible as pertains to People Today.

Glory to God,
Taken

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jews plainly stated why they wanted Jesus Put to Death.

It was for Jesus MAKING Himself God.
Pilate knew the real reason why the jewish leaders wanted JESUS dead . IT was for ENVY .
THEY DESIRED the worship and praise of men and JESUS was taking converts away from them .
COME this is the heir , let us KILL HIM and the inheritance shall be ours .
THEY desired the power , they desired the worship of men and etc . JESUS was taking the glory they so desired of men
away from them . IT WAS FOR ENVY they KILLED CHRIST . Yes indeed .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.

That’s what the Pharisees said!

Jesus makes it clear what he said:

“The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Jesus answered them… Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?” (John 10:33-36)
Yes. The Pharisee were Jews.

And John 19:
[7] The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.

The Jews knew God has no beginning, no ending, no Mother, no Father, Reproduces no offspring.
What they could not Believe is God Himself would Come among the Jews Looking Like…not Only a man…but a man of no place of importance, no wealth, no Royal status, no kingdom, no army, who walked about poor taking handouts, and had no home, or bed.

They were embarrassed for any JEW to think this nobody was the One to Be King of the Jews.
And the more Jews that began Believing Jesus the more the Pharisees were beginning to fear losing their cushy positions.

Fact Remains…God declared Jesus His Son.
Fact Remains…Gods word came forth out from Gods Mouth and was Sent to Earth in a body God PREPARED.
Fact Remains…God has a Plan for ISRAELS inclusion in Christ Jesus’ Salvation, during The last Days Tribulation.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pilate knew the real reason why the jewish leaders wanted JESUS dead . IT was for ENVY .
THEY DESIRED the worship and praise of men and JESUS was taking converts away from them .
THEY desired the power , they desired the worship of men and etc . JESUS was taking the glory they so desired of men

“I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence, And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth.” (Isaiah 62:6-7)

:Happy:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course all involved had MOTIVES for wanting Jesus put to Death…
Mosaic Law violation.
Pharisees’ Fear of losing exalted Position.
Friends of Barabas.

Reactions: mailmandan