There remains no sacrifice for sins . . .

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You weren’t even there!

The warning is to believers!

The unbelievers are ALREADY lost!!
I didn't need to be there. The warning is for make believers mixed in with genuine believers. Genuine believers believe to the saving of the soul and do not draw back to perdition. (Hebrews 10:39)

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?

What’s this then?

View attachment 29573
You need to go a little deeper.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to go a little deeper.

So going “deeper” to you is to go shallow in men’s uninspired writings?

You are a product of the traditions of men.

Jesus was murdered over those traditions showing that once men get invested in them, they become unreasonable and hardened.

Perhaps you’ve been hardened in sin beyond hope:

“…hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.” (Hebrews 3:13)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Really?

What’s this then?

View attachment 29573

Yes,
thats true.

But, notice that The epistle is written to the : HEBREWS............notice that when the epistle is sent/written to the body of Christ, this is given as a greeting in Chapter 1.

"to the CHURCH AT"....

See that?

"HEBREWS" is not a Church.
Its a Group, mostly related unsaved Jews, in the epistle to the : HEBREWS

This is why its called "HEBREWS"
HEBREWS
HEBREWS
HEBREWS

and Hebrews are UNSAVED JEWS, in this Epistle, written by Paul to the : HEBREWS.

Michiah-imla, and others like this person... does not see that, because they only want to pretend that the Blood of Jesus is only as good as their behavior., so, they need to use an epistle not written directly to a body of believers, to try to teach false demonic theology that teaches that Eternal Life is temporary, unless you are good enough to make it eternal by your own behavior.

See that?
That is LEGALISM being taught that pretends to be of God and isn't.
Why?
Because SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS, denies the Cross....always.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So going “deeper” to you is to go shallow in men’s uninspired writings?

You are a product of the traditions of men.

Jesus was murdered over those traditions showing that once men get invested in them, they become unreasonable and hardened.

Perhaps you’ve been hardened in sin beyond hope:

“…hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.” (Hebrews 3:13)
Cherry picking pet verses and taking them out of context is not how you go deeper. Straw man arguments and slander doesn't help your case.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michiah-imla, and others like this person... does not see that, because they only want to pretend that the Blood of Jesus is only as good as their behavior

The blood of Jesus takes away the sin of a lost sinner when he freely receives the gift of salvation upon believing the gospel by faith.

Afterwards the scriptures warn:

“…continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel” (Colossians 1:23)

“…thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.” (Romans 11:20-21)

“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.” (Hebrews 6:4-6)

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cherry picking pet verses and taking them out of context is not how you go deeper

I’m not taking them out of context.

That’s just your fall back response when you have no biblical rebuttal to help you.

But you love cherry picking from commentaries!

:Laughingoutloud:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not taking them out of context.

That’s just your fall back response when you have no biblical rebuttal to help you.

But you love cherry picking from commentaries!

:Laughingoutloud:
You consistently take verses out of context in an effort to support your biased doctrines. I have presented numerous Biblical rebuttals to your misinterpretation of scripture in various threads, but the truth just continues to go right over your head. As for the commentary that refutes your argument, IRON SHARPENS IRON. Are you too lazy to read it? Laugh it up TROLL.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
“…continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel” (Colossians 1:23)

The NT Says...

continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel” (Colossians 1:23)""

and then the deceived Heretic adds....."and if you don't then you'll lose your Salvation".

See that?
That is a heretic adding their SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS / Legalism, to the word of God.
That is Twisting the scriptures to teach "doctrines of devils", and that person is warned about "adding to the word of God".

They should have headed that warning, but never do, till that time comes, and it will come.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You consistently take verses out of context

You consistently say that I take verses out of context…

Come up with something new…

I have presented numerous Biblical rebuttals to your misinterpretation of scripture

Laced with the leaven of commentaries…

As for the commentary that refutes your argument, IRON SHARPENS IRON

What a lousy application.

Commentaries sharpen the Bible?

Ha!

More like cuts it to pieces!

And now we’re back to your other lame response…

The Bible “trolls” your false beliefs too often which is why you don’t read it cover to cover anymore…

But how many times have you read commentaries cover to cover?

Hmm…

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The NT Says...

continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel” (Colossians 1:23)""

and then the deceived Heretic adds....."and if you don't then you'll lose your Salvation".

See that?
That is a heretic adding their SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS / Legalism, to the word of God.
That is Twisting the scriptures to teach "doctrines of devils", and that person is warned about "adding to the word of God".

They should have headed that warning, but never do, till that time comes, and it will come.
In regards regards to Colossians 1:23 - ..if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.

Continuance would show that the person's faith is firmly established in the hope of the gospel and they really have been reconciled. The form of this phrase indicates that Paul fully expects that the Colossian believers will continue in the faith; no doubt is expressed, yet what about "nominal" Christians whose profession of faith does not continue?

It's only natural that Paul would speak this way, because he is addressing groups of people who "profess" to be Christians, without being able to infallibly know the actual state of every person's heart. How can Paul avoid giving them false assurance of salvation here that they will be saved when in fact they may not? Paul knows that faith which is firmly grounded and established in the gospel from the start will continue. Those who continue in the faith show thereby that their faith is in fact grounded in the gospel and they are genuine believers. But those who do not continue show that their spurious faith was not grounded in the gospel to begin with.

Just as we see in 1 Corinthians 15:1,2 - Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast (demonstrative evidence of faith being firmly rooted and established) that word which I preached to you--unless you believed in vain. To believe in vain is to believe without cause or without effect, to no purpose. If as some are saying in Corinth, there is no resurrection, then faith is vain and worthless (vs. 14). The people who fail to hold fast to the word (the gospel) that Paul preached in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, demonstrated that they "believed in vain" (did not truly believe).

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In regards regards to Colossians 1:23 - ..if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.

Continuance would show that the person's faith is firmly established in the hope of the gospel and they really have been reconciled. The form of this phrase indicates that Paul fully expects that the Colossian believers will continue in the faith; no doubt is expressed, yet what about "nominal" Christians whose profession of faith does not continue?

It's only natural that Paul would speak this way, because he is addressing groups of people who "profess" to be Christians, without being able to infallibly know the actual state of every person's heart. How can Paul avoid giving them false assurance of salvation here that they will be saved when in fact they may not? Paul knows that faith which is firmly grounded and established in the gospel from the start will continue. Those who continue in the faith show thereby that their faith is in fact grounded in the gospel and they are genuine believers. But those who do not continue show that their spurious faith was not grounded in the gospel to begin with.

Just as we see in 1 Corinthians 15:1,2 - Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast (demonstrative evidence of faith being firmly rooted and established) that word which I preached to you--unless you believed in vain. To believe in vain is to believe without cause or without effect, to no purpose. If as some are saying in Corinth, there is no resurrection, then faith is vain and worthless (vs. 14). The people who fail to hold fast to the word (the gospel) that Paul preached in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, demonstrated that they "believed in vain" (did not truly believe).

“Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.” (2 Timothy 3:8)

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You consistently say that I take verses out of context…

Come up with something new…

Laced with the leaven of commentaries…

What a lousy application.

Commentaries sharpen the Bible?

Ha!

More like cuts it to pieces!

And now we’re back to your other lame response…

The Bible “trolls” your false beliefs too often which is why you don’t read it cover to cover anymore…

But how many times have you read commentaries cover to cover?

Hmm…
“Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.” (2 Timothy 3:8)
You have nothing. Grow up TROLL.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"HEBREWS" is not a Church.

It was written to these:

“…holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling…” (Hebrews 3:1)

HOLY BRETHREN!

HOLY BRETHREN!

HOLY BRETHREN!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is why its called "HEBREWS"
HEBREWS
HEBREWS
HEBREWS

and Hebrews are UNSAVED JEWS, in this Epistle, written by Paul to the : HEBREWS.
Hebrews 3:8-10 says, Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, In the day of trial in the wilderness, Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me, And saw My works forty years. (Obviously talking to Hebrews here) Wherefore I was angry with that generation, And said, 'They always go astray in their heart, And they have not known My ways.' Not descriptive of believers. Obviously addressing Hebrew brethren and there is no loss of salvation here. Only a failure to receive it. Verses 18-19 - And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief. That explains the hardened heart. It took them in the opposite direction of God. Considered the truth for a time, then hardened heart and departing from God became their final answer.

Hebrews 3:14 - For we have become [past tense Greek verb, gegonamen, meaning we have become already] partakers of Christ, if we hold fast the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end. Notice that this is essentially a repeat of verse 6, where we have read: but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house - whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end. The wording is not - "and you will become partakers of Christ (future indicative) if you (future indicative) hold fast." It is rather - "you have been, and now are, partakers of Christ, (demonstrative evidence) if in the future you hold fast."

The point is that not all of these Hebrews have become partakers in their promised Messiah and of course, the only ones in the end who will be identified as truly born again Hebrews who have partaken in Messiah, will have been those who have held fast the beginning of their confidence steadfast to the end. What about those faltering Hebrews who depart from God, yet begin with loud confidence and profession of loyalty. But later? Future perseverance is proof of genuine conversion.

Last edited: