Things to be thankful for: What are your favorite parts of fall?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The red and orange leaves
Thick pashmina every day
Hot drinks

I am feeling rather basic and I am ready to board that pumpkin spice train without shame

• road117fuq_GVwVVq7J.gif

Last edited:

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I hate to say it but I don’t understand the liking of pumpkins ………I have tried it, but it’s not something I liked much.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like that my toes always feel painfully frozen in the Fall….
NOT!
I don’t like the Fall. And think about it…it’s what we call Adam eating the fruit - the Fall.
Nope, don’t like it.

Reactions: DuckieLady

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think they are relatively new to the U.K, so I would suspect in Canada and the US you have lots of wonderful family recipes …….
@Rita Well, I don't really know about the recipes...my wife would know better...but for centuries the whole "New England fall" thing has been big over here and this does include pumpkins....

(In the Richard Nixon/ Alger Hiss thing, decades back, it was the hiding of papers in a hollowed out pumpkin that was part of the story..... :) )

Reactions: Rita and DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hate to say it but I don’t understand the liking of pumpkins ………I have tried it, but it’s not something I liked much.

The pumpkin spice coffees are the best thing to me to look forward to fall.. But people around here tend to have a negative perspective on it. Its associated with rich basic women.

I don't care, I like it. Lol

Reactions: dev553344 and marks

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hot apple cider with the little red cinnamon things and turkeys. Not the actual turkeys or the food, but I like seeing the turkey decorations.

Whip cream.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Best holiday ever.

I love making ambrosia salad in memory of my grandmother for Thanksgiving. (its my tradition now)
I miss my grandparents dinners too. I made thanksgiving dinner for my family when I was married and I think I got the stuffing right. Super good grandma style dinner. They taught us well.

Reactions: DuckieLady