Third temple

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
toknowthetruth said:
I would just like to interject a general comment about some of the recent posts that to me seemed a bit uncharitable. I don't know of any interpretations out there that don't have problems here or there. Seems to me, considering the amount of Bible based interpretations out there, don't think it's a very good practice for someone to insist there's is "the" right interpretation. Only reason I can see for it is because the interpretation isn't very convincing and therefor needs to be propped up by means other than those based on sound evidence. I'm not saying someone shouldn't be convinced about there interpretation, but a little humility to at least admit the possibility of being wrong would make discussions a bit more smooth. After all, no one here is perfect, right? :)
Thanks for trying to be the peacemaker, but these fellows do not want peace. I have shown that their sacred cow has no milk. So, they continue to threaten with ridicule and now the latest threat is to remove those who oppose their erroneous viewpoint. So, much for honest debate. They cannot defend their point of view, so they have decided to try and remove those who disagree with them. On this basis alone, toknowthetruth, I would think you would seriously consider that your current position is untenable. What type of bedfellows do you trust?
zeke25

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
Actually, any doctrine that

keras said:
In no way has the 70th 'week' of Daniel 9:25-27 yet taken place.
After 7 weeks, then another 62 weeks, that equal 434 years, Messiah the Prince was removed and no one will take His part. This is up to the Crucifixion. Then there was the cataclysm of the Roman war and the Jewish deportation. That last 7 years period doesn't fit anywhere at that time.
Looking back at verse 24; at the end of the 70 weeks, rebellion will be stopped, sin brought to an end, iniquity expiated, everlasting righteousness ushered in, visions and Prophecy ratified and the Holy Place anointed. NOT happened as yet.

Those who refute the idea of a new Temple, should be more circumspect. Abuse and rude accusations of those who do see this happening in the prophesies, is a very poor way to put your case.
As I have pointed out, God wanted a Temple in the past and His prophets declare there will be one in the future. Ezekiel 43:10-12 says that provided the Israelites repent of their sins, they can carry out the plans to build God's House; the Temple, as described.
Then John is given a measuring rod to measure the Temple, that will be given over to the Gentiles for 42 months, that is for the last half of the Seventieth week. Rev 11:1-2
Actually, any futuristic clairvoyant spin you put on OT scriptures that leads TWO "Christians" so far, to be open for a soon coming temple where animal sacrifice is to be reinstituted is an abomination. You are desolate. You guys just don't get it. You can't see. This is the exact same abomination that made the Jews desolate, who thought the same thing...

(Luk 17:20) And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

(Joh 2:21) But he spake of the temple of his body.

Now cease from pulling all the lint out of your navels and stuffing them into your eye sockets. Yes, this is the vision you've given me. Quit thinking that you have some special inside evidence to dupe Christians into a pie in the sky idea out of reach, out of time, out of the OLD TESTAMENT clear off into the distant who knows when...
BLIND to recognizing the FULFILLMENT in Christ as though the EXACT fulfillment of His Temple Body was all for NOTHING... and THEN bringing in butchering ANIMAL SACRIFICE that the simple Christians blindly throng after like captive silly women led astray ... this is blasphemy I call it. I judge it. By the Word of God.

It is NOT some building, the Temple IS CHRIST JESUS. He said so. I believe HIM. Not some man who writes books higher than his head.

(Joh 2:19) Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
(Joh 2:20) Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

The same words are reserved for all who think as did the Pharisees;

(Luk 19:44) And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

(Joh 2:21) But he spake of the temple of his body.

(Pro 9:8) ... rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
So tell me more you guys, about when you offer up birds and goats on your altar in your "temple built with hands" some day... will you do the actual butchering? Or will the Jew who leads you just have you put your hands on the head whilst he slits it's throat? Have you ever thought that through?

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
Zeke you have understanding well above your peers, the Lord is with you. Just remember, other people are reading this and the word of God cuts right through the chaff. and they'll see truth from the futuristic fiction.

An enemy of the Gospel won't hear. But they sure will burn in public as an example if they try to promote animal sacrifice on some imaginary future temple. That is where they are at now.

Two have admitted being open to animal sacrifice here. That is what this jewish fable has done, it has brought two people into a firm death grip of apostacy. For they would actually condone Re-instituting animal sacrifice and being led by a jew to do it. The ultimate in Jewish fables Paul warned us against. They don't discern the Lord's Body in any fashion. They think animal sacrifice will be again... in the middle east... Blind. Most all can see it just as you and I fortunately. Most don't say anything against false prophets. But I will. For the Love of God, I sure will

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Whitestone obviously would love to be the Inquisitor and burn heretics in the public square, just as they did in the good old days.

But he and Zeke totally fail to read their Bibles properly. We all know how Christians are the spiritual temple in this present age. 2 Cor 6:16
Try reading Ezekiel 39:21-29 and then all of chapters 40-48. It details how the Lord will bring His righteous people back to the Holy Land. Provided they repent of their sins, they will build the new Temple, Ezekiel 43:10-12, they will make sacrifices for purification and expiation, Ezekiel 43:18-27, they will ,at last, inhabit all the area given to Abraham and be as God always intended His people to be; a light to the nations and preparing for the Return of Jesus.

If you choose to ignore, abrogate or refute these scriptures, then who is the heretic?

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
I believe that Ezekiel 40 to 48 is talking about the time of the millennium and onward. The heavenly temple is where God will dwell on earth after judgment, its not a literal temple, but figuratively, the holy place is where God is, the New Jerusalem. "And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it" (Revelation 21:22).

There won't be a third temple built, the holiest of holies isn't a room in the temple where the desolator will stand, but its what the antiChrist projects himself to be. Standing where he ought not is standing in place of God. jmo

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Dan57 said:
I believe that Ezekiel 40 to 48 is talking about the time of the millennium and onward. The heavenly temple is where God will dwell on earth after judgment, its not a literal temple, but figuratively, the holy place is where God is, the New Jerusalem. "And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it" (Revelation 21:22).

There won't be a third temple built, the holiest of holies isn't a room in the temple where the desolator will stand, but its what the antiChrist projects himself to be. Standing where he ought not is standing in place of God. jmo
You obviously haven't read Ezekiel 40-48 properly either.
In several places it is mentioned that the leader of new Israel will make sacrifices and also he makes gifts to his sons and slaves. Ezekiel 46:16-17 The leader or ruler referred to is the one elected by the people when they settle into the Holy Land. Jeremiah 30:21, Hosea 1:11
So this, including the building of a new Temple, will take place before the Return of Jesus.

Your quote from Revelation 21:22 refers to after the Millennium, that is: in eternity.

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
(Mar 1:8) I indeed did baptize you with water, but he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit.'

(Gal 4:19) My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

(Col 1:27) ...Christ in you...

(Rom 8:10) And if Christ be in you...

(Eph 2:6) and did raise us up together, and did seat us together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

>>>>>(1Th 2:19) ... are not even ye before our Lord Jesus Christ in his presence?<<<<<<

(1Co 6:19) What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
(1Co 6:20) For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Whitestone, I have no issue with what you say.
In this Church age true believers are the Lord's spiritual temple.
This doesn't preclude a physical Temple being built, as prophesied in the last days. It is actually required to fulfil what we are told will happen.

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
keras said:
Whitestone obviously would love to be the Inquisitor and burn heretics in the public square, just as they did in the good old days.

But he and Zeke totally fail to read their Bibles properly. We all know how Christians are the spiritual temple in this present age. 2 Cor 6:16
Try reading Ezekiel 39:21-29 and then all of chapters 40-48. It details how the Lord will bring His righteous people back to the Holy Land. Provided they repent of their sins, they will build the new Temple, Ezekiel 43:10-12, they will make sacrifices for purification and expiation, Ezekiel 43:18-27, they will ,at last, inhabit all the area given to Abraham and be as God always intended His people to be; a light to the nations and preparing for the Return of Jesus.

If you choose to ignore, abrogate or refute these scriptures, then who is the heretic?
Yes, this began 2000 years ago, fulfilled in the Church Bride of Christ, ISRAEL. I've shown you the many scriptures that the law and the prophets have been fulfilled in Christ. Scroll back and READ them and do NOT LIE TO ME AGAIN.

You can't quote 2 cor 6:16 and believe we are the Spiritual Temple, and THEN say there is a NEW TEMPLE AFTER THAT! That is blasphemy and ignorance.

Tell you what. I'll Answer you in detail about Ezekiel's prophecy, and show you in detail how they are fulfilled in the New Covenant in Christ's Blood...

...IF... you answer this question...

Your new Temple... Mr KERAS... in this supposed "soon" New Temple of yours in the middle east, (made with hands), are you going to be open to being led by some Jew to offer up and animal for a burnt offering sacrifice? Or perhaps maybe you yourself will butcher it out on this "new temple" this "made with hands" temple?

Answer me. WOULD YOU DO THAT. I've asked you this I don't know how many times. Everyone on this website wants to see you answer this question. Two other people here said they would.

I would NOT. EVER.

(Isa 66:3) He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I do not refute ANY scripture, but I do see them in their correct context. Your Isaiah 66:3 quote is an indictment against sinful practices.

Isaiah 60:1-7 Arise Jerusalem, for your light has come......nations will come to your light.....the Lord's righteous people will return to you......bringing treasure with them..... animals in plenty will serve your needs as acceptable offerings on My Altar and will adorn My glorious Temple.
Obviously missing from your Bible, Whitestone.

Who will do the offerings?
Those who will be purified vessels in the Lords House, are those whom the Lord will choose as priests in the new Temple. Isaiah 66:20-21 Too bad for you, not wanting such a privileged position.

Re; Christian's being the Lord's spiritual temple. The usual interpretation of most Bible scholars, is that this applies during the current Church age, but is just temporary, albeit for nearly 2000 years. You are in the minority, believing this is a permanent situation. There was before 2 Temples and prophecy is clear, there will be a third Temple and it will be greater that any of the forerunners. Haggai 2:9

Straightshot

May 1, 2015
In summary:

The true believer in Jesus Christ is the the temple of God

The Lord has a temple in heaven

He has also had two stone temples on the mount in Israel .... both destroyed in the past

There will not be a rebuilding of His temple during the coming tribulation

His next will be for His coming millennial kingdom upon the earth involving symbolic sacrifice for His purposes

Believe this or not ...........................

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
keras said:
I do not refute ANY scripture,

Who will do the offerings?
Those who will be purified vessels in the Lords House, are those whom the Lord will choose as priests in the new Temple. Isaiah 66:20-21 Too bad for you, not wanting such a privileged position.
Spoken like a true Pharisee... You refute ALL the prophets and all the scriptures. Then you substitute your own "futuristic" words. Just like they did. I've proven it over and over. Here again...

(Isa 66:20) And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD.
(Isa 66:21) And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.

Unlike what YOU say false prophet, The Holy Spirit says THIS is the fulfillment of Isaiah 66:20-21 in Christ in the New Testament;

WHO/WHERE is this HOLY MOUNTAIN?

First, Here is where it ISN'T...

(Joh 4:20) Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
(Joh 4:21) Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
(Joh 4:22) Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
(Joh 4:23) But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

So far your apostate ideas are out flapping in the wind as lies... very very easy to show.

What Mountain then and what "Jerusalem" then IS where men ought to worship? Do we have to skip thousands of years to believe YOU before we can understand it? I don't think so, read...
Except for you on your "pie in the sky" followers, THIS Mountain and THIS Jerusalem of course is THE ONE BEING SPOKEN OF Where we HAVE COME...

What TEMPLE is He speaking of?

(1Co 3:16) Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Keras, you defile this temple. You don't discern the Lord's Body. this is your reward if you don't open your eyes...

(1Co 3:17) If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
What Mountain? What Building? What Jerusalem? THIS one of course...
Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant,

(1Co 3:9) For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.
(1Co 3:10) According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

(2Co 4:7) But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Of course, those who HAVEN'T this Treasure, Those who have no perfection in Zion right NOW... Those who are NOT in THIS BUILDING... will still think it's future...Because they "can't see it".
Hopefully it will be in your future soon for you. Unless you die a "futurism" fool like Harold Camping did. Which you will if you don't get rid of your jewish fables that Paul warned us against.

Next proof... Isaiah 66;20 fulfilled...

(Isa 66:20) And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD.

(Joh 13:10) Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.
(Joh 13:11) For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean.

(Joh 15:3) Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

The "cleaning" isn't future, it comes by "THE WORD WHICH I HAVE SPOKEN UNTO YOU".
Again, you lie, Jesus tells truth. You think it's future, Jesus said otherwise.

Some more...

(Isa 66:21) And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.

WHO are the "Brethren" comprising this "offering" and who is the High Priest and those priests which serve in the TRUE TEMPLE?

(Heb 5:1) For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:
(Heb 5:2) Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.
(Heb 5:3) And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins.
(Heb 5:4) And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.
(Heb 5:5) So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.
(Heb 5:6) As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

(Rom 12:1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Here is why you are so confounded Keras;

(1Pe 2:5) Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
(1Pe 2:6) Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

You don't understand that WE are the "Royal Pristhood" prophecied;

FULFILLED

(1Pe 2:9) But ye are a royal priesthood, an holy nation...

What do we do as Priests?

(1Ti 2:1) I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

(Luk 17:3) Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

(2Co 3:6) Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

So once again you only serve to confound yourself attempting to gut the Gospel with your "another gospel"

Gal_1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal_1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

You openly and shamelessly pervert the Gospel Keras. You preach a Non-gospel.

(Luk 4:17) And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Isaiah...

(Luk 4:21) And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Keras... what did Jesus just say? Is this NOT in your Bible?

(Luk 24:44) And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

[[[[[[[(Luk 24:45) Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,]]]]]]]]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(Joh 2:21) But he spake of the temple of his body.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
So, KERAS...

back to my question I've asked you now, Oh, I've lost track how many times and you are a COWARD to not respond So I demand an answer of you.

liafailrock, a female, on this thread, previous page, states she would.

Straightshot, first said he would not and asked why I would ask such a question. I then referred him to liafailrock's answer.

THEN straightshot prevaricated himself and admitted that he WOULD ALSO.

At least there is TWO who admit to this question.

Why won't you?

After all, what is a temple for, if not to offer up sacrifices within???????

SO.... If in your "soon to come third temple" a Jew wanted you and other Christians to go with Him up to the temple mount and butcher out a bird or a goat or some other animal on the altar..

WOULD YOU DO IT?

Say it plainly so we can all know what the outcome of your "futurization gospel" leads us

Answer me please.

I will keep asking until you are brave enough to answer.

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
whitestone said:
So, KERAS...

back to my question I've asked you now, Oh, I've lost track how many times and you are a COWARD to not respond So I demand an answer of you.

liafailrock, a female, on this thread, previous page, states she would.

Straightshot, first said he would not and asked why I would ask such a question. I then referred him to liafailrock's answer.

THEN straightshot prevaricated himself and admitted that he WOULD ALSO.

At least there is TWO who admit to this question.

Why won't you?

After all, what is a temple for, if not to offer up sacrifices within???????

SO.... If in your "soon to come third temple" a Jew wanted you and other Christians to go with Him up to the temple mount and butcher out a bird or a goat or some other animal on the altar..

WOULD YOU DO IT?

Say it plainly so we can all know what the outcome of your "futurization gospel" leads us

Answer me please.

I will keep asking until you are brave enough to answer.
whitestone,

Keras, on page 1 post #8 gave a partial answer. He believes the reinstated sacrifices will be for purification.

I guess the Blood of Christ was not sufficient???? That certainly flies in the face of the gospel.

This also means he supports reinstated sacrifices. Will he participate? Sounds as if he has already given a backdoor yes to me.

zeke25

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Regarding whether I would participate in sacrifices in a new Temple; Yes I would.. Refer to my #8 in the Iran Deal thread. If that is required by God, who am I or you, to dispute it?
You two don't know the plans and purposes of God, to think all is completed in Jesus, but He has much work to do yet, Matthew 3:12, and His Millennial reign, then He and the Father will reign on earth forever and there will be no Temple of sacrifices. Rev. 21:1-26

Attempting to discuss the scriptures you bring up in #95, would be just like beating my head against a brick wall, you have your fixed opinions and anything I say you twist and throw out to suit your preterist beliefs.
Just Luke 4:17-21 where Jesus quoted Isaiah 61:1-2a. Quite right, that was fulfilled then. The next thing is the Lord's Day of vengeance; not happened yet.
Luke 24:44-45 All WILL be fulfilled in Jesus, most of what is prophesied concerning Him awaits fulfilment. Understanding the scriptures? What scriptures were they? The Torah and the prophets: our Old Testament.

I and others here, find it appalling that Bible reading Christians can overlook so much scripture and prophesy that details God's plans for our future. To think Christ has finished His work, is simply naïve, and to ignore or abrogate the many prophesies about difficult times ahead, smacks of avoidance to face up to your responsibilities.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
keras said:
You obviously haven't read Ezekiel 40-48 properly either.
In several places it is mentioned that the leader of new Israel will make sacrifices and also he makes gifts to his sons and slaves. Ezekiel 46:16-17 The leader or ruler referred to is the one elected by the people when they settle into the Holy Land. Jeremiah 30:21, Hosea 1:11
So this, including the building of a new Temple, will take place before the Return of Jesus.

Your quote from Revelation 21:22 refers to after the Millennium, that is: in eternity.
Your effort is appreciated, but they obviously don't get it. It's healthy to move on.

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
HammerStone said:
Okay folks, stepped in and did a little moderation. Please discuss the topic and realize that there will be disagreement on this particular topic, but that it doesn't necessarily mean a view is heretical if different from your own. Error in eschatology can be righted and is simply not essential doctrine. Hersey is much larger and deeper.

Thanks for the understanding, so let's turn back to the topic at hand with respect!
HammerStone,

Please refer to Keras' post #98 on page 4 of this post. Keras is no longer talking about just eschatology. He is talking about essential doctrine.

Will you reconsider your previous actions? Will you admit that he is now talking about essential doctrine? Will you renounce him not only as a heretic, but also as a blasphemer and an antichrist?

HIs post speaks for itself. There is nothing for me to explain, Keras did a very good job of explaining himself and his doctrine.

Zeke25