Third temple

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
ATP said:
The Muslims allowing the Jews to rebuild the third temple, how is that going to happen. It has to happen supernaturally because everyone is saying the Muslims in no way will allow this. The only way the Muslims will allow it is a supernatural event taken too by the Lord. So what will this event be? Will the Lord soften the Muslim's heart? Will Israel win the Psalm 83 war first, THEN build the temple? This is where I'm confused. - ATP
(1Co 3:16) Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

(1Co 6:19) What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

(2Co 6:16) And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

(Eph 2:20) And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
(Eph 2:21) In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
(Eph 2:22) In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

(Heb 3:6) But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

(1Pe 2:5) Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
(1Pe 2:6) Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

THIS is the Temple being spoken of...

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
whitestone said:
THIS is the Temple being spoken of...
Ez 40:1-49 NIV The New Temple Area
1 In the twenty-fifth year of our exile, at the beginning of the year, on the tenth of the month, in the fourteenth year after the fall of the city--on that very day the hand of the LORD was upon me and he took me there.
2 In visions of God he took me to the land of Israel and set me on a very high mountain, on whose south side were some buildings that looked like a city.
3 He took me there, and I saw a man whose appearance was like bronze; he was standing in the gateway with a linen cord and a measuring rod in his hand.
4 The man said to me, "Son of man, look with your eyes and hear with your ears and pay attention to everything I am going to show you, for that is why you have been brought here. Tell the house of Israel everything you see."

The East Gate to the Outer Court
5 I saw a wall completely surrounding the temple area. The length of the measuring rod in the man's hand was six long cubits, each of which was a cubit and a handbreadth. He measured the wall; it was one measuring rod thick and one rod high.
6 Then he went to the gate facing east. He climbed its steps and measured the threshold of the gate; it was one rod deep.
7 The alcoves for the guards were one rod long and one rod wide, and the projecting walls between the alcoves were five cubits thick. And the threshold of the gate next to the portico facing the temple was one rod deep.
8 Then he measured the portico of the gateway;
9 it was eight cubits deep and its jambs were two cubits thick. The portico of the gateway faced the temple.
10 Inside the east gate were three alcoves on each side; the three had the same measurements, and the faces of the projecting walls on each side had the same measurements.
11 Then he measured the width of the entrance to the gateway; it was ten cubits and its length was thirteen cubits.
12 In front of each alcove was a wall one cubit high, and the alcoves were six cubits square.
13 Then he measured the gateway from the top of the rear wall of one alcove to the top of the opposite one; the distance was twenty-five cubits from one parapet opening to the opposite one.
14 He measured along the faces of the projecting walls all around the inside of the gateway--sixty cubits. The measurement was up to the portico facing the courtyard.
15 The distance from the entrance of the gateway to the far end of its portico was fifty cubits.
16 The alcoves and the projecting walls inside the gateway were surmounted by narrow parapet openings all around, as was the portico; the openings all around faced inward. The faces of the projecting walls were decorated with palm trees.

The Outer Court
17 Then he brought me into the outer court. There I saw some rooms and a pavement that had been constructed all around the court; there were thirty rooms along the pavement.
18 It abutted the sides of the gateways and was as wide as they were long; this was the lower pavement.
19 Then he measured the distance from the inside of the lower gateway to the outside of the inner court; it was a hundred cubits on the east side as well as on the north.

The North Gate
20 Then he measured the length and width of the gate facing north, leading into the outer court.
21 Its alcoves--three on each side--its projecting walls and its portico had the same measurements as those of the first gateway. It was fifty cubits long and twenty-five cubits wide.
22 Its openings, its portico and its palm tree decorations had the same measurements as those of the gate facing east. Seven steps led up to it, with its portico opposite them.
23 There was a gate to the inner court facing the north gate, just as there was on the east. He measured from one gate to the opposite one; it was a hundred cubits.

The South Gate
24 Then he led me to the south side and I saw a gate facing south. He measured its jambs and its portico, and they had the same measurements as the others.
25 The gateway and its portico had narrow openings all around, like the openings of the others. It was fifty cubits long and twenty-five cubits wide.
26 Seven steps led up to it, with its portico opposite them; it had palm tree decorations on the faces of the projecting walls on each side.
27 The inner court also had a gate facing south, and he measured from this gate to the outer gate on the south side; it was a hundred cubits.

Gates to the Inner Court
28 Then he brought me into the inner court through the south gate, and he measured the south gate; it had the same measurements as the others.
29 Its alcoves, its projecting walls and its portico had the same measurements as the others. The gateway and its portico had openings all around. It was fifty cubits long and twenty-five cubits wide.
30 (The porticoes of the gateways around the inner court were twenty-five cubits wide and five cubits deep.)
31 Its portico faced the outer court; palm trees decorated its jambs, and eight steps led up to it.
32 Then he brought me to the inner court on the east side, and he measured the gateway; it had the same measurements as the others.
33 Its alcoves, its projecting walls and its portico had the same measurements as the others. The gateway and its portico had openings all around. It was fifty cubits long and twenty-five cubits wide.
34 Its portico faced the outer court; palm trees decorated the jambs on either side, and eight steps led up to it.
35 Then he brought me to the north gate and measured it. It had the same measurements as the others,
36 as did its alcoves, its projecting walls and its portico, and it had openings all around. It was fifty cubits long and twenty-five cubits wide.
37 Its portico faced the outer court; palm trees decorated the jambs on either side, and eight steps led up to it.

The Rooms for Preparing Sacrifices
38 A room with a doorway was by the portico in each of the inner gateways, where the burnt offerings were washed.
39 In the portico of the gateway were two tables on each side, on which the burnt offerings, sin offerings and guilt offerings were slaughtered.
40 By the outside wall of the portico of the gateway, near the steps at the entrance to the north gateway were two tables, and on the other side of the steps were two tables.
41 So there were four tables on one side of the gateway and four on the other--eight tables in all--on which the sacrifices were slaughtered.
42 There were also four tables of dressed stone for the burnt offerings, each a cubit and a half long, a cubit and a half wide and a cubit high. On them were placed the utensils for slaughtering the burnt offerings and the other sacrifices.
43 And double-pronged hooks, each a handbreadth long, were attached to the wall all around. The tables were for the flesh of the offerings.

Rooms for the Priests
44 Outside the inner gate, within the inner court, were two rooms, one at the side of the north gate and facing south, and another at the side of the south gate and facing north.
45 He said to me, "The room facing south is for the priests who have charge of the temple,
46 and the room facing north is for the priests who have charge of the altar. These are the sons of Zadok, who are the only Levites who may draw near to the LORD to minister before him."
47 Then he measured the court: It was square--a hundred cubits long and a hundred cubits wide. And the altar was in front of the temple.

The Temple
48 He brought me to the portico of the temple and measured the jambs of the portico; they were five cubits wide on either side. The width of the entrance was fourteen cubits and its projecting walls were three cubits wide on either side.
49 The portico was twenty cubits wide, and twelve cubits from front to back. It was reached by a flight of stairs, and there were pillars on each side of the jambs.

Ez 41:1-26 NIV
1 Then the man brought me to the outer sanctuary and measured the jambs; the width of the jambs was six cubits on each side.
2 The entrance was ten cubits wide, and the projecting walls on each side of it were five cubits wide. He also measured the outer sanctuary; it was forty cubits long and twenty cubits wide.
3 Then he went into the inner sanctuary and measured the jambs of the entrance; each was two cubits wide. The entrance was six cubits wide, and the projecting walls on each side of it were seven cubits wide.
4 And he measured the length of the inner sanctuary; it was twenty cubits, and its width was twenty cubits across the end of the outer sanctuary. He said to me, "This is the Most Holy Place."
5 Then he measured the wall of the temple; it was six cubits thick, and each side room around the temple was four cubits wide.
6 The side rooms were on three levels, one above another, thirty on each level. There were ledges all around the wall of the temple to serve as supports for the side rooms, so that the supports were not inserted into the wall of the temple.
7 The side rooms all around the temple were wider at each successive level. The structure surrounding the temple was built in ascending stages, so that the rooms widened as one went upward. A stairway went up from the lowest floor to the top floor through the middle floor.
8 I saw that the temple had a raised base all around it, forming the foundation of the side rooms. It was the length of the rod, six long cubits.
9 The outer wall of the side rooms was five cubits thick. The open area between the side rooms of the temple
10 and the [ priests'] rooms was twenty cubits wide all around the temple.
11 There were entrances to the side rooms from the open area, one on the north and another on the south; and the base adjoining the open area was five cubits wide all around.
12 The building facing the temple courtyard on the west side was seventy cubits wide. The wall of the building was five cubits thick all around, and its length was ninety cubits.
13 Then he measured the temple; it was a hundred cubits long, and the temple courtyard and the building with its walls were also a hundred cubits long.
14 The width of the temple courtyard on the east, including the front of the temple, was a hundred cubits.
15 Then he measured the length of the building facing the courtyard at the rear of the temple, including its galleries on each side; it was a hundred cubits. The outer sanctuary, the inner sanctuary and the portico facing the court,
16 as well as the thresholds and the narrow windows and galleries around the three of them--everything beyond and including the threshold was covered with wood. The floor, the wall up to the windows, and the windows were covered.
17 In the space above the outside of the entrance to the inner sanctuary and on the walls at regular intervals all around the inner and outer sanctuary
18 were carved cherubim and palm trees. Palm trees alternated with cherubim. Each cherub had two faces:
19 the face of a man toward the palm tree on one side and the face of a lion toward the palm tree on the other. They were carved all around the whole temple.
20 From the floor to the area above the entrance, cherubim and palm trees were carved on the wall of the outer sanctuary.
21 The outer sanctuary had a rectangular doorframe, and the one at the front of the Most Holy Place was similar.
22 There was a wooden altar three cubits high and two cubits square; its corners, its base and its sides were of wood. The man said to me, "This is the table that is before the LORD."
23 Both the outer sanctuary and the Most Holy Place had double doors.
24 Each door had two leaves--two hinged leaves for each door.
25 And on the doors of the outer sanctuary were carved cherubim and palm trees like those carved on the walls, and there was a wooden overhang on the front of the portico.
26 On the sidewalls of the portico were narrow windows with palm trees carved on each side. The side rooms of the temple also had overhangs.

Ez 42:1-20 NIV Rooms for the Priests
1 Then the man led me northward into the outer court and brought me to the rooms opposite the temple courtyard and opposite the outer wall on the north side.
2 The building whose door faced north was a hundred cubits long and fifty cubits wide.
3 Both in the section twenty cubits from the inner court and in the section opposite the pavement of the outer court, gallery faced gallery at the three levels.
4 In front of the rooms was an inner passageway ten cubits wide and a hundred cubits long. Their doors were on the north.
5 Now the upper rooms were narrower, for the galleries took more space from them than from the rooms on the lower and middle floors of the building.
6 The rooms on the third floor had no pillars, as the courts had; so they were smaller in floor space than those on the lower and middle floors.
7 There was an outer wall parallel to the rooms and the outer court; it extended in front of the rooms for fifty cubits.
8 While the row of rooms on the side next to the outer court was fifty cubits long, the row on the side nearest the sanctuary was a hundred cubits long.
9 The lower rooms had an entrance on the east side as one enters them from the outer court.
10 On the south side along the length of the wall of the outer court, adjoining the temple courtyard and opposite the outer wall, were rooms
11 with a passageway in front of them. These were like the rooms on the north; they had the same length and width, with similar exits and dimensions. Similar to the doorways on the north
12 were the doorways of the rooms on the south. There was a doorway at the beginning of the passageway that was parallel to the corresponding wall extending eastward, by which one enters the rooms.
13 Then he said to me, "The north and south rooms facing the temple courtyard are the priests' rooms, where the priests who approach the LORD will eat the most holy offerings. There they will put the most holy offerings--the grain offerings, the sin offerings and the guilt offerings--for the place is holy.
14 Once the priests enter the holy precincts, they are not to go into the outer court until they leave behind the garments in which they minister, for these are holy. They are to put on other clothes before they go near the places that are for the people."
15 When he had finished measuring what was inside the temple area, he led me out by the east gate and measured the area all around:
16 He measured the east side with the measuring rod; it was five hundred cubits.
17 He measured the north side; it was five hundred cubits by the measuring rod.
18 He measured the south side; it was five hundred cubits by the measuring rod.
19 Then he turned to the west side and measured; it was five hundred cubits by the measuring rod.
20 So he measured the area on all four sides. It had a wall around it, five hundred cubits long and five hundred cubits wide, to separate the holy from the common.

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
ATP said:
Ez 40:1-49 NIV The New Temple Area
1 In the twenty-fifth year of our exile, at the beginning of the year, on the tenth of the month, in the fourteenth year after the fall of the city--on that very day the hand of the LORD was upon me and he took me there.
2 In visions of God he took me to the land of Israel and set me on a very high mountain, on whose south side were some buildings that looked like a city.
3 He took me there, and I saw a man whose appearance was like bronze; he was standing in the gateway with a linen cord and a measuring rod in his hand.
4 The man said to me, "Son of man, look with your eyes and hear with your ears and pay attention to everything I am going to show you, for that is why you have been brought here. Tell the house of Israel everything you see."

The East Gate to the Outer Court
5 I saw a wall completely surrounding the temple area. The length of the measuring rod in the man's hand was six long cubits, each of which was a cubit and a handbreadth. He measured the wall; it was one measuring rod thick and one rod high.
6 Then he went to the gate facing east. He climbed its steps and measured the threshold of the gate; it was one rod deep.
7 The alcoves for the guards were one rod long and one rod wide, and the projecting walls between the alcoves were five cubits thick. And the threshold of the gate next to the portico facing the temple was one rod deep.
8 Then he measured the portico of the gateway;
9 it was eight cubits deep and its jambs were two cubits thick. The portico of the gateway faced the temple.
10 Inside the east gate were three alcoves on each side; the three had the same measurements, and the faces of the projecting walls on each side had the same measurements.
11 Then he measured the width of the entrance to the gateway; it was ten cubits and its length was thirteen cubits.
12 In front of each alcove was a wall one cubit high, and the alcoves were six cubits square.
13 Then he measured the gateway from the top of the rear wall of one alcove to the top of the opposite one; the distance was twenty-five cubits from one parapet opening to the opposite one.
14 He measured along the faces of the projecting walls all around the inside of the gateway--sixty cubits. The measurement was up to the portico facing the courtyard.
15 The distance from the entrance of the gateway to the far end of its portico was fifty cubits.
16 The alcoves and the projecting walls inside the gateway were surmounted by narrow parapet openings all around, as was the portico; the openings all around faced inward. The faces of the projecting walls were decorated with palm trees.

The Outer Court
17 Then he brought me into the outer court. There I saw some rooms and a pavement that had been constructed all around the court; there were thirty rooms along the pavement.
18 It abutted the sides of the gateways and was as wide as they were long; this was the lower pavement.
19 Then he measured the distance from the inside of the lower gateway to the outside of the inner court; it was a hundred cubits on the east side as well as on the north.

The North Gate
20 Then he measured the length and width of the gate facing north, leading into the outer court.
21 Its alcoves--three on each side--its projecting walls and its portico had the same measurements as those of the first gateway. It was fifty cubits long and twenty-five cubits wide.
22 Its openings, its portico and its palm tree decorations had the same measurements as those of the gate facing east. Seven steps led up to it, with its portico opposite them.
23 There was a gate to the inner court facing the north gate, just as there was on the east. He measured from one gate to the opposite one; it was a hundred cubits.

The South Gate
24 Then he led me to the south side and I saw a gate facing south. He measured its jambs and its portico, and they had the same measurements as the others.
25 The gateway and its portico had narrow openings all around, like the openings of the others. It was fifty cubits long and twenty-five cubits wide.
26 Seven steps led up to it, with its portico opposite them; it had palm tree decorations on the faces of the projecting walls on each side.
27 The inner court also had a gate facing south, and he measured from this gate to the outer gate on the south side; it was a hundred cubits.

Gates to the Inner Court
28 Then he brought me into the inner court through the south gate, and he measured the south gate; it had the same measurements as the others.
29 Its alcoves, its projecting walls and its portico had the same measurements as the others. The gateway and its portico had openings all around. It was fifty cubits long and twenty-five cubits wide.
30 (The porticoes of the gateways around the inner court were twenty-five cubits wide and five cubits deep.)
31 Its portico faced the outer court; palm trees decorated its jambs, and eight steps led up to it.
32 Then he brought me to the inner court on the east side, and he measured the gateway; it had the same measurements as the others.
33 Its alcoves, its projecting walls and its portico had the same measurements as the others. The gateway and its portico had openings all around. It was fifty cubits long and twenty-five cubits wide.
34 Its portico faced the outer court; palm trees decorated the jambs on either side, and eight steps led up to it.
35 Then he brought me to the north gate and measured it. It had the same measurements as the others,
36 as did its alcoves, its projecting walls and its portico, and it had openings all around. It was fifty cubits long and twenty-five cubits wide.
37 Its portico faced the outer court; palm trees decorated the jambs on either side, and eight steps led up to it.

The Rooms for Preparing Sacrifices
38 A room with a doorway was by the portico in each of the inner gateways, where the burnt offerings were washed.
39 In the portico of the gateway were two tables on each side, on which the burnt offerings, sin offerings and guilt offerings were slaughtered.
40 By the outside wall of the portico of the gateway, near the steps at the entrance to the north gateway were two tables, and on the other side of the steps were two tables.
41 So there were four tables on one side of the gateway and four on the other--eight tables in all--on which the sacrifices were slaughtered.
42 There were also four tables of dressed stone for the burnt offerings, each a cubit and a half long, a cubit and a half wide and a cubit high. On them were placed the utensils for slaughtering the burnt offerings and the other sacrifices.
43 And double-pronged hooks, each a handbreadth long, were attached to the wall all around. The tables were for the flesh of the offerings.

Rooms for the Priests
44 Outside the inner gate, within the inner court, were two rooms, one at the side of the north gate and facing south, and another at the side of the south gate and facing north.
45 He said to me, "The room facing south is for the priests who have charge of the temple,
46 and the room facing north is for the priests who have charge of the altar. These are the sons of Zadok, who are the only Levites who may draw near to the LORD to minister before him."
47 Then he measured the court: It was square--a hundred cubits long and a hundred cubits wide. And the altar was in front of the temple.

The Temple
48 He brought me to the portico of the temple and measured the jambs of the portico; they were five cubits wide on either side. The width of the entrance was fourteen cubits and its projecting walls were three cubits wide on either side.
49 The portico was twenty cubits wide, and twelve cubits from front to back. It was reached by a flight of stairs, and there were pillars on each side of the jambs.

Ez 41:1-26 NIV
1 Then the man brought me to the outer sanctuary and measured the jambs; the width of the jambs was six cubits on each side.
2 The entrance was ten cubits wide, and the projecting walls on each side of it were five cubits wide. He also measured the outer sanctuary; it was forty cubits long and twenty cubits wide.
3 Then he went into the inner sanctuary and measured the jambs of the entrance; each was two cubits wide. The entrance was six cubits wide, and the projecting walls on each side of it were seven cubits wide.
4 And he measured the length of the inner sanctuary; it was twenty cubits, and its width was twenty cubits across the end of the outer sanctuary. He said to me, "This is the Most Holy Place."
5 Then he measured the wall of the temple; it was six cubits thick, and each side room around the temple was four cubits wide.
6 The side rooms were on three levels, one above another, thirty on each level. There were ledges all around the wall of the temple to serve as supports for the side rooms, so that the supports were not inserted into the wall of the temple.
7 The side rooms all around the temple were wider at each successive level. The structure surrounding the temple was built in ascending stages, so that the rooms widened as one went upward. A stairway went up from the lowest floor to the top floor through the middle floor.
8 I saw that the temple had a raised base all around it, forming the foundation of the side rooms. It was the length of the rod, six long cubits.
9 The outer wall of the side rooms was five cubits thick. The open area between the side rooms of the temple
10 and the [ priests'] rooms was twenty cubits wide all around the temple.
11 There were entrances to the side rooms from the open area, one on the north and another on the south; and the base adjoining the open area was five cubits wide all around.
12 The building facing the temple courtyard on the west side was seventy cubits wide. The wall of the building was five cubits thick all around, and its length was ninety cubits.
13 Then he measured the temple; it was a hundred cubits long, and the temple courtyard and the building with its walls were also a hundred cubits long.
14 The width of the temple courtyard on the east, including the front of the temple, was a hundred cubits.
15 Then he measured the length of the building facing the courtyard at the rear of the temple, including its galleries on each side; it was a hundred cubits. The outer sanctuary, the inner sanctuary and the portico facing the court,
16 as well as the thresholds and the narrow windows and galleries around the three of them--everything beyond and including the threshold was covered with wood. The floor, the wall up to the windows, and the windows were covered.
17 In the space above the outside of the entrance to the inner sanctuary and on the walls at regular intervals all around the inner and outer sanctuary
18 were carved cherubim and palm trees. Palm trees alternated with cherubim. Each cherub had two faces:
19 the face of a man toward the palm tree on one side and the face of a lion toward the palm tree on the other. They were carved all around the whole temple.
20 From the floor to the area above the entrance, cherubim and palm trees were carved on the wall of the outer sanctuary.
21 The outer sanctuary had a rectangular doorframe, and the one at the front of the Most Holy Place was similar.
22 There was a wooden altar three cubits high and two cubits square; its corners, its base and its sides were of wood. The man said to me, "This is the table that is before the LORD."
23 Both the outer sanctuary and the Most Holy Place had double doors.
24 Each door had two leaves--two hinged leaves for each door.
25 And on the doors of the outer sanctuary were carved cherubim and palm trees like those carved on the walls, and there was a wooden overhang on the front of the portico.
26 On the sidewalls of the portico were narrow windows with palm trees carved on each side. The side rooms of the temple also had overhangs.

Ez 42:1-20 NIV Rooms for the Priests
1 Then the man led me northward into the outer court and brought me to the rooms opposite the temple courtyard and opposite the outer wall on the north side.
2 The building whose door faced north was a hundred cubits long and fifty cubits wide.
3 Both in the section twenty cubits from the inner court and in the section opposite the pavement of the outer court, gallery faced gallery at the three levels.
4 In front of the rooms was an inner passageway ten cubits wide and a hundred cubits long. Their doors were on the north.
5 Now the upper rooms were narrower, for the galleries took more space from them than from the rooms on the lower and middle floors of the building.
6 The rooms on the third floor had no pillars, as the courts had; so they were smaller in floor space than those on the lower and middle floors.
7 There was an outer wall parallel to the rooms and the outer court; it extended in front of the rooms for fifty cubits.
8 While the row of rooms on the side next to the outer court was fifty cubits long, the row on the side nearest the sanctuary was a hundred cubits long.
9 The lower rooms had an entrance on the east side as one enters them from the outer court.
10 On the south side along the length of the wall of the outer court, adjoining the temple courtyard and opposite the outer wall, were rooms
11 with a passageway in front of them. These were like the rooms on the north; they had the same length and width, with similar exits and dimensions. Similar to the doorways on the north
12 were the doorways of the rooms on the south. There was a doorway at the beginning of the passageway that was parallel to the corresponding wall extending eastward, by which one enters the rooms.
13 Then he said to me, "The north and south rooms facing the temple courtyard are the priests' rooms, where the priests who approach the LORD will eat the most holy offerings. There they will put the most holy offerings--the grain offerings, the sin offerings and the guilt offerings--for the place is holy.
14 Once the priests enter the holy precincts, they are not to go into the outer court until they leave behind the garments in which they minister, for these are holy. They are to put on other clothes before they go near the places that are for the people."
15 When he had finished measuring what was inside the temple area, he led me out by the east gate and measured the area all around:
16 He measured the east side with the measuring rod; it was five hundred cubits.
17 He measured the north side; it was five hundred cubits by the measuring rod.
18 He measured the south side; it was five hundred cubits by the measuring rod.
19 Then he turned to the west side and measured; it was five hundred cubits by the measuring rod.
20 So he measured the area on all four sides. It had a wall around it, five hundred cubits long and five hundred cubits wide, to separate the holy from the common.
(Joh 2:21) But he spake of the temple of his body.

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What Jesus gave us was the Temple of His body for this Christian era. As we do not live in Jerusalem, that is our spiritual Temple.
But the Temple was before and will be again, a physical Temple.
Wait for the Day!

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
keras said:
What Jesus gave us was the Temple of His body for this Christian era. As we do not live in Jerusalem, that is our spiritual Temple.
Wait for the Day!
Now is the day...

(2Co 6:2) (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

Jerusalem is my Mother

(Gal 4:26) But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

I live Here

(Heb 12:22) But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
(Heb 12:23) To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
(Heb 12:24) And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant...

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
keras said:
Wait for the Day!

(1Co 3:16) Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

(Rom 12:5) So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

Heb_8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.
Heb_10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
whitestone said:
Also true, but the topic of the thread is about the third temple in end times built in Jerusalem.

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
ATP said:
Also true, but the topic of the thread is about the third temple in end times built in Jerusalem
ATP,

Whitestone's post is right on target with the OP. There will be no third temple built in the future. The third temple is all born again Christians being added to the Body of Christ throughout the last 2 millenniums. The third temple is being built right under your nose.

Matthew 16:18 KJV, "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my [ekklesia]; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." Christ never said He would build a "church". That is a mistranslation. He said He would build the Body of Christ. And with other Scriptures not provided in this posting, this (He as the chief cornerstone and the Christians as building blocks) is the 3rd Temple.

zeke25

Reactions: whitestone

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Whitestone and Zeke, to deny that a new Temple will be built in Jerusalem, is to deny a lot of scripture.
I have already posted the many prophesies telling how the Lord will gather His righteous people into all of the Holy Land, soon after that area is cleared and cleansed by His Day of wrath. Ezekiel 30:1-5
As we see in Zechariah 6:15 Men from far away will come and work on the building of the Temple of the Lord..... This will happen, for now we have the spiritual Temple, but the reality will come and the Shekinah glory will reside in it, as in ancient times. Ezekiel 43:2

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
ATP said:
The Muslims allowing the Jews to rebuild the third temple, how is that going to happen. It has to happen supernaturally because everyone is saying the Muslims in no way will allow this. The only way the Muslims will allow it is a supernatural event taken too by the Lord. So what will this event be? Will the Lord soften the Muslim's heart? Will Israel win the Psalm 83 war first, THEN build the temple? This is where I'm confused. - ATP
ATP,

You said: "It has to happen supernaturally". How right you are. Christ's continually building the 3rd temple is a supernatural event. The Muslims cannot change this.

Ezekiel's prophecies were made before the 2nd temple was built. It's a fine line to walk through all the prophecies that you and others use to come to your conclusions. Some apply to the 2nd temple, even the 2nd temple that Herod improved upon. The gap of centuries makes no difference. And some apply to the 3rd temple which is Christ as the chief cornerstone and His children as the building blocks. 1 Peter 2:5 KJV, "Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ."

In Daniel 9:27, who do you say stopped the sacrifices? The answer is Christ. If you do not have this answer, then the rest will make no sense. Daniel's 70th week is in our past, not our future.

I have a 2 part teaching that I've written, here is part 1.

1 Corinthians 3:9 KJV, “For we are labourers together with God: ye are God’s husbandry, ye are God’s building.

The Third Temple
Part I - The Third Temple Is A Spiritual Temple

Born Again Christians Are The Third Temple

1. John 2:19 KJV, "[Yahoshua] answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." Yahoshua was foretelling of the beginning of the building of the third temple. He was to be the chief corner stone, the foundation of the third temple. He was to be crucified and dead by Thursday afternoon and rise again on Saturday night, prior to Sunday sunrise, in accordance with the Scriptures. John 2:21-22 KJV, "21 But he spake of the temple of his body. 22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which [Yahoshua] had said." All Christians, those born again, ever since have been being added as building blocks to complete the third temple. 1 Peter 2:5 KJV, "Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by [Yahoshua the] Christ."

2. Isaiah prophesied of this event to come. Isaiah 28:16 KJV, "Therefore thus saith Lord [Yahowah], Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste." And Paul taught of this miraculous event after it had already started. Ephesians 2:19-22 KJV, "19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, [Yahoshua the] Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit."

3. The conclusion of the matter is foretold in Revelation 3:12 and 21:2-3 KJV, "12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God." Did you catch what happened here with these three verses? We have been talking about a temple. In verse 12 it states "the temple of my God," then calls it "the city of my God," and then identifies this temple/city as "new Jerusalem." Verse two repeats that the "holy city" is "new Jerusalem." Then in verse 3 it is identified as "the tabernacle of God." The third temple is the dwelling place of God, it is His tabernacle, it is His city. And born again Christians are "pillars," building stones in this tabernacle, as it says in 1 Peter 2:5 above: It is a spiritual dwelling place, not a physical temple.

Daniel Prophesies 70 Weeks Of Years Until The Third Temple Begins To Rise

4.a. We were told in Daniel that Yahoshua would be coming 69 weeks (69 weeks counted as years) after the command to restore and build Jerusalem came.

Daniel 9:24-25 KJV, “24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. 25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times."

And Christ Yahoshua, who is Messiah the Prince, was right on time. He began His ministry immediately after 69 weeks of years had passed, at the beginning of the 70th week. In the middle of that week, after 3 1/2 years of ministry, he allowed Himself to be crucified, thereby putting an end to the requirement for animal sacrifices - forever!

This is explained in Daniel 9:26-27 KJV, “26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

But three days later, He came out of the grave, alleluiah! The building of the third temple began right then and right there.

4.b. So, the Temple Yahoshua would be building is the third Temple. The third Temple will not be made of stone and wood, instead, it will be a spiritual house. It will be built by Yahoshua one spiritual stone at a time.

He told us He would do it in Matthew 16:18 KJV, “And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my [ekklesia]; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

4.c. A partial exegesis is give for Daniel 9:24-27 at the end of this treatise.

5.a. Now that we have seen the prophecies and how they come together for the building of the third Temple, we need to explore the prophecy given for the time line given to Daniel (9:25-27) for when Messiah would come and begin the building of the third Temple, a spiritual Temple. It comes at a most amazing place. It comes at the time of the rebuilding of the second Temple, a physical Temple.

Isaiah 44:28 KJV, “That saith of Cyrus, He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid.

5.b. 2 Chronicles 36:23 KJV, “Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, All the kingdoms of the earth hath [Yahowah] God of heaven given me; and he hath charged me to build him an house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Who is there among you of all his people? [Yahowah] his God be with him, and let him go up.

This is the beginning of the command to return to Jerusalem. It was begun by king Cyrus. But Cyrus’ decree did not include the rebuilding of the city, only the restoration of the Temple. Nevertheless, Cyrus’ decree was the beginning and thus it can be said that it was his decree even though his successors added to and completed the original decree. The last of these successors added the command to rebuild Jerusalem and this is when the clock started ticking for the 69 weeks of Daniel 9:25 to begin.

5.c. Ezra 1:1-4 KJV, “1 Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of [Yahowah] by the mouth of *Jeremiah might be fulfilled, [Yahowah] stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying, 2 Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, [Yahowah] God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth; and he hath charged me to build him an house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah. 3 Who is there among you of all his people? his God be with him, and let him go up to Jerusalem, which is in Judah, and build the house of [Yahowah] God of Israel, (he is the God,) which is in Jerusalem. 4 And whosoever remaineth in any place where he sojourneth, let the men of his place help him with silver, and with gold, and with goods, and with beasts, beside the freewill offering for the house of God that is in Jerusalem.

*Jeremiah 29:10 KJV, “For thus saith [Yahowah], That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place.

This command was for rebuilding the Temple, it makes no mention of rebuilding Jerusalem. Cyrus gave this decree possibly 536 BC and died in 530 BC.

5.d. Ezra 4:12 KJV, “Be it known unto the king, that the Jews which came up from thee to us are come unto Jerusalem, building the rebellious and the bad city, and have set up the walls thereof, and joined the foundations.

Even though the command only mentioned the building of the Temple, it is obvious that the walls and foundations were being built as well.

5.e. Ezra 5:8 KJV, “Be it known unto the king, that we went into the province of Judea, to the house of the great God, which is builded with great stones, and timber is laid in the walls, and this work goeth fast on, and prospereth in their hands.

5.f. Ezra 6:8 KJV, “Moreover I make a decree what ye shall do to the elders of these Jews for the building of this house of God: that of the king's goods, even of the tribute beyond the river, forthwith expenses be given unto these men, that they be not hindered.

This command was for rebuilding the Temple, it makes no mention of rebuilding Jerusalem. This command was made by Darius I, a successor to Cyrus, probably about 520 BC.

5.g. Ezra 7:21,23 KJV, “21 And I, even I Artaxerxes the king, do make a decree to all the treasurers which are beyond the river, that whatsoever Ezra the priest, the scribe of the law of the God of heaven, shall require of you, it be done speedily, 23 Whatsoever is commanded by the God of heaven, let it be diligently done for the house of the God of heaven: for why should there be wrath against the realm of the king and his sons?

It appears that this story is the same story as told in Nehemiah 2:7-8.

5.h. Nehemiah 2:7-8 KJV, “7 Moreover I said unto the king, If it please the king, let letters be given me to the governors beyond the river, that they may convey me over till I come into Judah; 8 And a letter unto Asaph the keeper of the king's forest, that he may give me timber to make beams for the gates of the palace which appertained to the house, and for the wall of the city, and for the house that I shall enter into. And the king granted me, according to the good hand of my God upon me.

King Artaxerxes, a successor of Cyrus, sent letters with Nehemiah to build the gates, walls, and Nehemiah’s house. Even though it does not say houses, it can easily be discerned that this was the intent of Nehemiah going to Jerusalem - to restore and rebuild the city, not just the Temple. And even though the word decree was not used, it is obvious that if a king sends letters that this is the king’s decree. So, now we have a decree that we can use. In the twentieth year of king Artaxerxes, in the month of Abib (Nisan) the decree was given to rebuild Jerusalem.

5.i. Various historical sources have estimated that 455 BC was the 20th year of Artaxerxes. By adding 69 weeks of years (69 x 7 = 483) to 455 BC it brings us to 29 AD (skipping a year from 1 BC to 1 AD, because there is only 1 year not 2 between 1 BC and 1 AD). This means that Yahoshua began His ministry at the approximate age of 29 which would be the beginning of the 70th week. Approximately 3 ½ years into His ministry He was crucified. However, we cannot dismiss the possibility that this count was not as we would count days and years in the twenty-first century.

We must ask ourselves, why was the terminology of 70 weeks used? Why did not they simply say 490 years? I have an idea that they used weeks instead of years, because that means the count will be different when broken down into days. I will continue this explanation in the next paragraph.

5.j. Let us go back to the Feast of Weeks as given to us in Leviticus 23:15 KJV, “And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete[.]”

As shown in our teaching Seven Perfect Weeks, this count of weeks does not advance us to the same place on the Calendar of Scripture as counting 49 days does. When counting seven complete or perfect weeks, new moon days are skipped, but when counting 49 days, new moon days are counted. Therefore, counting weeks takes us further into the future than counting days does.

Possibly, when counting 70 weeks of years, it can be converted to days, skipping new moon days. A month has only four weeks plus two new moon days. So, if one only counts the weeks within a month, the total day count is 28, not 30. New moon days are part of a month, but not part of a week. In a twelve month year 24 total days would be skipped. In 70 weeks of years that would mean that 24 x 70 = 1,680 days would be skipped. So, possibly 70 weeks of years might be 1,680 days short of 70 years. One thousand six hundred eighty days is the equivalent of approximately four years. So, 70 weeks of years could be 4 years short of a full 70 x 7 = 490 years. Or, it might not be. It depends on that which our Heavenly Father meant when he gave this prophecy to men. It is cryptic. God conceals things, and short of us being provided with exact calendars that were used by the Hebrews during this 490 year period, we may never know how to correctly complete the count. And there are a couple of other variables that could possibility be factored in.

So, for those who think that they can accurately count and come up with exact dates, consider that it may not happen. I am satisfied that we have a count that brings us to the time of the beginning of Yahoshua’s ministry. If I am provided with a convincing exact count sometime in the future, then praise Yah. If I am not, then praise Yah.

Now Back To The Spiritual Third Temple

6. Do you have any doubts that you, if you are a born again Christian, will be a building block in the third temple? 1 Peter 2:5 above told you so. Here are some more Scriptures that support this doctrine.

John 2:21 KJV, "But he spake of the temple of his body."

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 KJV, "16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are."

1 Corinthians 6:19 KJV, "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?"

2 Corinthians 5:1 KJV, “For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2 Corinthians 6:16 KJV, "And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people."

7. Therefore, if these Scriptures be true, then how should we interpret 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 KJV, “3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

2 Thessalonians 2:3 talks about a falling away. The Greek word is actually apostasy (Strong’s G646 apostasia αποστασια) People fall away, not buildings. Verse 11 says that God sends them a strong delusion. People are deluded, not buildings. So, what is the temple of God that the son of perdition sits in? It must be men who claim to be Christian and are not. How do we know that they are not really Christians? Why, because they did not receive the love of the truth.

Thessalonians 2:10-11 KJV, “10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie[.]”

8. Most of the churchy world is focused on looking for a physical temple, a physical single man as the antichrist instead of a system, a physical mark of the beast, and not looking to the author and finisher of our faith.

Hebrews 12:2 KJV, "Looking unto [Yahoshua] the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the [stake], despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Appendix
Partial Exegesis Of Daniel 9:24-27

9.a. Daniel 9:24-27 KJV, “24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. 25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. 26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

9.b. Perhaps the most important part of verse 24 which needs to be identified is “to anoint the most Holy.”

The most Holy can be nothing less than Yahoshua the Messiah. Can you think of anyone that could possibly be called the most Holy other than God’s Son, Who is also God? I cannot.

9.c. Why does Yahoshua need anointing and when did that anointing take place? Yahoshua needed the anointing of the Holy Ghost for Him to minister. He also needed the anointing of water baptism to identify Him to the Hebrews. John the Baptist anointed Yahoshua with water baptism and at the same time the Holy Ghost descended on Him in the form of a dove. John 1:32 KJV, “And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.” Parallel Scriptures are Matthew 3:16, Mark 1:10, and Luke 3:22.

9.d. So, Daniel 9:24 tells us that this prophecy is about Yahoshua the Messiah.

9.e. Daniel 9:25 tells us that this prophecy is about Messiah the Prince, who is none other than Yahoshua the Christ.

9.f. Daniel 9:26 tells us that Messiah will be cut off after the 69th week. Since He was cut off in the midst of the 70th week, that certainly qualifies as after the 69th week. Another prince is introduced in this verse. The prince of the people that shall come and destroy the city and the sanctuary. This other prince can be none other than the Roman General Titus who destroyed Jerusalem in 70 AD.

9.g. Daniel 9:27 speaks of “he shall confirm the covenant”. “He” is Yahoshua. The covenant seems to be the prophecy begun in Daniel 9:24 and continued through verse 25. At the end of 69 weeks Messiah would show up, and with only one week left in the 70 week period, the confirmation would be for one more week, which is a 7 year period of time. But in the midst of that 70th week He, Yahoshua, caused the sacrifice and oblation to cease by allowing Himself to be the final and forever sacrifice for all the sins of all men.

9.h. So what do we do with the rest of Daniel 9:27 which begins with “and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate…”. This of course is referring back to verse 26 and the prince that shall come, which is Titus.

10. We welcome constructive input supported by Scriptures from the Bible. Please contact us by our email address [email protected]. Copyright © 2014 Richard Douglas Mauck and/or Sandra Faye Mauck.

Notes:
Cambyses reigned after Cyrus.
False Smerdis reigned after Cambyses.
Darius I reigned after False Smerdis.
Artaxerxes I (Longimanus).

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
zeke25 said:
Whitestone's post is right on target with the OP. There will be no third temple built in the future.
Yes, there will be a third temple built in the future. This is where the antichrist will declare himself God. Ez 40-48.

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
ATP said:
Yes, there will be a third temple built in the future. This is where the antichrist will declare himself God. Ez 40-48.
Actually, I believe this is what the prophets were talking about...

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Luk 24:45 [[[[Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,]]]]

>>>>Joh_2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.<<<<

1Co_6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you...?
Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

Heb 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

(2Co 5:1) For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
(Heb 4:12) For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

toknowthetruth

May 11, 2015
Seems to me that there are several prophecies that talk about what I would say are end time events that mention taking away the daily sacrifice and placing the abomination of desolations. In order to take away the daily sacrifice there has to be one. In order for there to be one the temple would have to be rebuilt. I guess if it does happen that the temple is rebuilt it would be a pretty good indication that this interpretation is correct, which it does seem likely to happen in the near future. If it doesn't happen, well then it could be as others have mentioned here that these scriptures should be interpreted in a spiritual sense. Time will tell.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
toknowthetruth said:
Seems to me that there are several prophecies that talk about what I would say are end time events that mention taking away the daily sacrifice and placing the abomination of desolations. In order to take away the daily sacrifice there has to be one. In order for there to be one the temple would have to be rebuilt. I guess if it does happen that the temple is rebuilt it would be a pretty good indication that this interpretation is correct, which it does seem likely to happen in the near future. If it doesn't happen, well then it could be as others have mentioned here that these scriptures should be interpreted in a spiritual sense. Time will tell.
The temple is not the daily sacrifice, it is Christ. The one who takes away the daily sacrifice replaces Christ with himself. This occurs in the days of tribulation when the anti-Christ sits where he ought not, this is the abomination of desolation.

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
Dan57 said:
The temple is not the daily sacrifice, it is Christ. The one who takes away the daily sacrifice replaces Christ with himself. This occurs in the days of tribulation when the anti-Christ sits where he ought not, this is the abomination of desolation.
Dan57,

Can you please provide a Scripture that supports your contention.

Thx, zeke25

Straightshot

May 1, 2015
Response to the OP

There will not be a temple of the Lord's on the mount during the coming time of Jacob's trouble [the 70th week decreed still pending] [Revelation 11:2] .... the mount is without a Temple of the Lord's not to be built until here [Ezekiel 40] ... after the battle of Armageddon is over [Ezekiel 38; 39]

The orthodox of Israel desire to build, but this will not happen either before the coming tribulation period or during the same

Satan's beast in the future human little horn of Daniel's visions will sit in a temple of his "god" who is Satan and this temple is already on the mount as we speak .... Allah is the fictitious pagan crescent moon god of the ancient Assyrians and Babylonians who does not exist, but is a cover for Satan .... the Adherents of Islam are worshiping the devil

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
Straightshot said:
Response to the OP

There will not be a temple of the Lord's on the mount during the coming time of Jacob's trouble [the 70th week decreed still pending] [Revelation 11:2] .... the mount is without a Temple of the Lord's not to be built until here [Ezekiel 40] ... after the battle of Armageddon is over [Ezekiel 38; 39]

The orthodox of Israel desire to build, but this will not happen either before the coming tribulation period or during the same

Satan's beast in the future human little horn of Daniel's visions will sit in a temple of his "god" who is Satan and this temple is already on the mount as we speak .... Allah is the fictitious pagan crescent moon god of the ancient Assyrians and Babylonians who does not exist, but is a cover for Satan .... the Adherents of Islam are worshiping the devil
straightshot,

You say the 70th week is still pending. Please read post #51, all of paragraph 9. This explains that Daniel's 70th week has already transpired. What Scripture can you offer to justify saying that the 70th week is still in our future?

zeke25