This Board's Statement of Faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
Hammerstone,

You wrote on Community Announcements, “Christianity Board State of Faith” about the forum’s statement of faith. You said:

We believe in and affirm the historic Christian confessions of the faith, the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed.

Since I began and defended the thread titled “The Nicene Creed is not Christian”, it would appear that this unnecessary addition to your statement of faith is directed at me and others who would agree with me.

It also appears to me that you have defined me as being a non-Christian, since you consider the Nicene Creed to be a closed issue. Too bad you had not the discernment to check with the Bible and the Holy Ghost before you made such a rash and reckless statement. Although, I am not surprised nor have I been deceived about your true position since the first year I came to this forum.

You said: “Close-handed issues (or closed issues) are issues that are central to being a Christian; these issues are simply not up for debate because they are what defines Christianity. If closed-handed issues are debatable, then Christianity is simply yet another religion and nothing more.

You have further defined that I consider you and the board to be non-Christian. However, this is not your decision or necessarily true because of the Nicene Creed.

I submit for your consideration that you have violated your own forum rules. But of course I have already passed judgment on the forum whether or not you relent. The US Supreme Court, regularly makes decisions that they are not authorized to make in accordance with the US Constitution. But they have the microphone. So, why would I expect any more from you or this forum since you too hold the microphone.

So, where does this leave us? Are you inviting me to leave since in your erroneous opinion that I am not a Christian? After all the Nazi’s defined Jews as non-human. I certainly expect no more consideration from someone who thinks they can override that which God has written and define a non-Christian according to their own fallen nature.

Zeke25

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
zeke25 said:
Hammerstone,

You wrote on Community Announcements, “Christianity Board State of Faith” about the forum’s statement of faith. You said:

We believe in and affirm the historic Christian confessions of the faith, the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed.

Since I began and defended the thread titled “The Nicene Creed is not Christian”, it would appear that this unnecessary addition to your statement of faith is directed at me and others who would agree with me.

It also appears to me that you have defined me as being a non-Christian, since you consider the Nicene Creed to be a closed issue. Too bad you had not the discernment to check with the Bible and the Holy Ghost before you made such a rash and reckless statement. Although, I am not surprised nor have I been deceived about your true position since the first year I came to this forum.

You said: “Close-handed issues (or closed issues) are issues that are central to being a Christian; these issues are simply not up for debate because they are what defines Christianity. If closed-handed issues are debatable, then Christianity is simply yet another religion and nothing more.

You have further defined that I consider you and the board to be non-Christian. However, this is not your decision or necessarily true because of the Nicene Creed.

I submit for your consideration that you have violated your own forum rules. But of course I have already passed judgment on the forum whether or not you relent. The US Supreme Court, regularly makes decisions that they are not authorized to make in accordance with the US Constitution. But they have the microphone. So, why would I expect any more from you or this forum since you too hold the microphone.

So, where does this leave us? Are you inviting me to leave since in your erroneous opinion that I am not a Christian? After all the Nazi’s defined Jews as non-human. I certainly expect no more consideration from someone who thinks they can override that which God has written and define a non-Christian according to their own fallen nature.

Zeke25
Zeke,

Since you've decided that the Nicene Creed is not Christian does that mean anyone who holds to that Creed is not Christian? More to the point, the men who came up with the creed were espousing the view of Christians of the day. That also includes church fathers prior to that day. Would you submit that these men weren't Christian?

I did take part in your thread although I don't believe you addressed my texts. It seems to me that you've simply determined in your mind that the creed is not Christian. However, above you claim to have proven it's not. I would be interested in seeing such proof. If you could post it here or point me to the post(s) where you did so, i'd appreciate it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Being X catholic, and having repeated that for so many years of my life, and after reading many reviews on it, does not the Nicene creed dictate the beliefs of the catholic church,for in its statement it say " I believe in one holy ...etc etc

I dont as many christians dont, there fore in its entirety it does not dictate the beliefs of all christians.

Statements of faith on many forums i have being on, basically remove God for mens doctrine something I would rather not do.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
You judge presumptuously Zeke. It isn't saying someone is not Christian because of the Nicene Creed, that is you lashing out like a puffer fish against a perceived attack.

As for this forum being chrisitan, It is so because this is a place where confessed christians come. Now you judge them too without the proper authority.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I do not know what this is about however, I just want to clarify something here ~

Our Statement of Faith created in November 2012 already had the creeds attached. You joined CyB in 2014
~ http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/17009-statement-of-faith-christian-board-christian-forum/

I would also like to point out that if a topic is closed ergo ~ "The Statement of Faith" in the Announcement forum. Please do not create another one. If you disagree with something that has been closed or you needed to discuss an issue further, please PM the Admin personally rather than airing your personal grievances in the public arena.

Thank you!
Angie [mod hat on]

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
Butch5 said:
Zeke,

Since you've decided that the Nicene Creed is not Christian does that mean anyone who holds to that Creed is not Christian? More to the point, the men who came up with the creed were espousing the view of Christians of the day. That also includes church fathers prior to that day. Would you submit that these men weren't Christian?

I did take part in your thread although I don't believe you addressed my texts. It seems to me that you've simply determined in your mind that the creed is not Christian. However, above you claim to have proven it's not. I would be interested in seeing such proof. If you could post it here or point me to the post(s) where you did so, i'd appreciate it.
Butch,

Let's see if I have time, I'll get back to you after I check the other posts.

I haven't gone so far as to say that a person is not a Christian because they believe the Nicene Creed. But I have very plainly said that the NC is not Christian. So, if you have a Christian who believes it, then they are misinformed or temporarily deceived.

But this forum's board has taken this discussion to a whole new level. They have defined the Nicene Creed as an non-debatable issue. And further defined that a person cannot be a Christian if they do not believe it.

If given a chance I'll add more.

On second thought, if you want to discuss this further then PM me. The mods are having a hissy fit and it will serve no further purpose to keep bringing this out in the open.

Zeke25

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
lforrest said:
You judge presumptuously Zeke. It isn't saying someone is not Christian because of the Nicene Creed, that is you lashing out like a puffer fish against a perceived attack.

As for this forum being chrisitan, It is so because this is a place where confessed christians come. Now you judge them too without the proper authority.
Iforrest,

You want to say I judge presumptuously, and that is your prerogative. Although, I read that which was printed. Perhaps what was written is not what was meant? Please tell me in plain words what it does mean. Please speak slowly, apparently I'm hard of hearing.

So now, let's address your false witness of saying that I'm lashing out like a puffer fish. What exactly does this mean? I read that it means you believe I am offended and full of myself. Is this what you mean? Once again, I prefer to engage in plain talk, your innuendo at this point of any discussion of the subject on the NC is no longer effective in any way. Please, plain simple English that a grade schooler will understand would be helpful.

First, I'm not offended. Why should I be offended? No one on this forum has defended the NC yet. Instead, I see confusion abound. Instead, I see no understanding of the role that the shed Blood of Christ brings to the life of a Christian. I see heresy spoken of - such as water baptism washing our sins away - as if it were Biblical truth, when instead it is an affront to Christ. I wouldn't concern myself at all with offending me. I would be more concerned about offending the God of all Creation. He did not pin His Son on that tree for you, the Nicene Creed, nor anyone else to mock His suffering and His spilled Blood.

If, you are accusing me of coming to this forum because I have a desire to elevate myself above others and that you think I think too highly of myself, then you are a wrong as a swimming pool on the Moon. It also means you have zero discernment as a Christian and as a person. It appears to me that the board is the one puffed up with their own self-righteousness to be so reckless as to make the NC a litmus test for Christianity. A thread just got closed down because it could not be refuted (not to mention that it was becoming way off OP). I wouldn't have brought it up again except that you guys decided to keep poking a sharp stick in my eye with the renewed "Statement of Faith" with the inclusion of the NC. I could walk away. But how does that help you? It doesn't. If you want me to go away you know how to do it.

Here, let me give you a worldly example of this NC business. Here is what has happened.

When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic. A quote supposedly from someone named Dresden James.

Once the NC issue has been plainly presented, each individual must bow to the truth of the Scriptures, or face consequences that I am not able to bring about. But, believe me or not, I will tell you plainly, I have judged many a ministry through the years and I purposefully look for the NC on their website. If, and when I find it, I have discerned that ministry and I warn my friends away from it.

Furthermore, I have confronted whole churches of major denominations and their leadership, regarding some heresy or blasphemy on a range of issues. Some even in person. The issue has not always been the NC, there are other issues too. At least three of these congregations cannot be found any more. I returned a year or two later, only to find that their doors had been closed and they no longer existed. You want to call that puffed up, go ahead, but you're dead wrong. I'm trying to get your attention. I'd like to put the fear of God in you. Apparently, you don't seem to feel the need to fear your Maker.

Without proper authority??? Where is your authority? And how do you know what my authority is or should be?

Zeke25

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
Angelina said:
I do not know what this is about however, I just want to clarify something here ~

Our Statement of Faith created in November 2012 already had the creeds attached. You joined CyB in 2014
~ http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/17009-statement-of-faith-christian-board-christian-forum/

I would also like to point out that if a topic is closed ergo ~ "The Statement of Faith" in the Announcement forum. Please do not create another one. If you disagree with something that has been closed or you needed to discuss an issue further, please PM the Admin personally rather than airing your personal grievances in the public arena.

Thank you!
Angie [mod hat on]
Angie,

I had no intention of bringing up the topic again. The closed thread had served its purpose. It was Hammerstone that chose to reiterate the topic by renewing the "Statement of Faith" this very month. You want the issue to die, then you revive it, and now I'm to blame for reviving it? I'm not the one who is confused here. And I've already had my say. Close this topic as well, I'm getting a little tired of flogging a dead horse. And, stop prodding me or resort to the final solution. I'm only answering the comments that have been given to me.

Zeke25

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Angie,

I had no intention of bringing up the topic again. The closed thread had served its purpose. It was Hammerstone that chose to reiterate the topic by renewing the "Statement of Faith" this very month. You want the issue to die, then you revive it, and now I'm to blame for reviving it? I'm not the one who is confused here. And I've already had my say. Close this topic as well, I'm getting a little tired of flogging a dead horse. And, stop prodding me or resort to the final solution. I'm only answering the comments that have been given to me.

Zeke25
The Statement of Faith was not renewed. It is the same one delivered in November of 2012. The reason why it was being discussed was because a member asked about it and it was brought back up. That was it. Nothing sinister there at all. :huh: This topic is now closed. Please do not bring it back up unless you do so by PMing the Admin otherwise It will be deleted.
Thanks

Angie!

Status
Not open for further replies.