This Generation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well he was a dispensationalist and modern day prophet, right in line with what you are preaching here.
Honestly I don't remember ever listening to him more than 60 seconds. I'm just a Bible believer. I gave up on TV preachers back in the 70's.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm just a Bible believer.

That is not true as you do not believe that the OT has a place along side of the NT. You do not believe that both the OT and the NT compliment each other in revealing the heart of God.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly I don't remember ever listening to him more than 60 seconds. I'm just a Bible believer. I gave up on TV preachers back in the 70's.
Sure, everyone with every theory of end times claim to be Bible believers. Yet there are literally hundreds of theories out there all supposedly Biblical. Yours is a late comer I believe.Dispensationalism developed as a system from the teachings of John Nelson Darby, considered by some to be the father of dispensationalism (1800–82).

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, everyone with every theory of end times claim to be Bible believers. Yet there are literally hundreds of theories out there all supposedly Biblical. Yours is a late comer I believe.Dispensationalism developed as a system from the teachings of John Nelson Darby, considered by some to be the father of dispensationalism (1800–82).
I gave up watching TV preachers over 40 years ago so my opinion comes from my personal Bible studies.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Scientifically, according to NASA, April 13, 2029 could be Revelation 9. If so, Jesus will be back in less than 10 years, with the Great Tribulation preceding Him.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Scientifically, according to NASA, April 13, 2029 could be Revelation 9. If so, Jesus will be back in less than 10 years, with the Great Tribulation preceding Him.

Revelation 9 from my understanding of the text tells us that the beginning of this chapter is still over 1,000 years into our future when the Bottomless pit is unlocked after the 1,000 years of imprisonment has ended.

Our problem is that too many people express their opinions from small sound bites that they hear or read without first considering if the sound bite is factual and verifiable from the scriptures that speak of that time period.

Shalom

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 9 from my understanding of the text tells us that the beginning of this chapter is still over 1,000 years into our future when the Bottomless pit is unlocked after the 1,000 years of imprisonment has ended.

Our problem is that too many people express their opinions from small sound bites that the hear or read without first considering the if the sound bite is factual and verifiable from the scriptures that speak of that time period.

Shalom

Show me in Revelation the timing that it is after Jesus first comes back and after the 1000 years. I would be interested in seeing that.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The birth of Israel was a sign from God. THE END is near.

Does Matthew or Luke or Mark or one of the OT prophets tell you this specifically would be a sign? I haven't read that, but it sounds interesting, and seems true, but I'd like it in writing.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Show me in Revelation the timing that it is after Jesus first comes back and after the 1000 years. I would be interested in seeing that.

I have taken your words out of what you are suggesting that i was inferring.

In Rev 20:1-3 we are told that the Bottomless Pit is locked up for 1,000 years. Is this true?

In Rev 9:1-6 we are told that an angel was given the key to unlock the Bottomless pit where those judged in Isa 24:21-23 where imprisoned after they were judged.

Are you suggestion that the bottomless pit was unlocked a number of times after it was locked in Rev 20:1-3 as Rev 20:7-10 suggests that it remained locked until after the 1,000 years had passed.

In Rev 9 we are also told this: -

Revelation 9:11: - And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, but in Greek he has the name Apollyon.​

The following the Scorpions, came the four beasts, acting as one, which are again spoken of in Rev 13 and 17.

It is your flawed understanding that Jesus comes back "permanently for 1,000 years."

My understanding is that Jesus does not return "permanently" until the time of the GWTR judgement which also occurs after the 1,000 years has passed and after the "little while period" where Satan and the beasts and the False Prophet and the Scorpions all rise up out of the Bottomless pit for the last tilt of Satan to become a diety so as to rule over all of the earth.

Shalom

PS: - Very early in this thread, I did suggest that 1967 was not a sign time post of much importance and that the writer of the OP did not understand the meaning of "genea," as it was not a word reference to a single descendant generation like he is suggesting.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have taken your words out of what you are suggesting that i was inferring.

In Rev 20:1-3 we are told that the Bottomless Pit is locked up for 1,000 years. Is this true?

In Rev 9:1-6 we are told that an angel was given the key to unlock the Bottomless pit where those judged in Isa 24:21-23 where imprisoned after they were judged.

Are you suggestion that the bottomless pit was unlocked a number of times after it was locked in Rev 20:1-3 as Rev 20:7-10 suggests that it remained locked until after the 1,000 years had passed.

In Rev 9 we are also told this: -

Revelation 9:11: - And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, but in Greek he has the name Apollyon.​

The following the Scorpions, came the four beasts, acting as one, which are again spoken of in Rev 13 and 17.

It is your flawed understanding that Jesus comes back "permanently for 1,000 years."

My understanding is that Jesus does not return "permanently" until the time of the GWTR judgement which also occurs after the 1,000 years has passed and after the "little while period" where Satan and the beasts and the False Prophet and the Scorpions all rise up out of the Bottomless pit for the last tilt of Satan to become a diety so as to rule over all of the earth.

Shalom

PS: - Very early in this thread, I did suggest that 1967 was not a sign time post of much importance and that the writer of the OP did not understand the meaning of "genea," as it was not a word reference to a single descendant generation like he is suggesting.

Thank you for the clue - the key to the bottomless pit and the scriptures, but you seems to be contemptuous in the middle of it. I asked you nicely, and you responded with contempt.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you for the clue - the key to the bottomless pit and the scriptures, but you seems to be contemptuous in the middle of it. I asked you nicely, and you responded with contempt.

My poor sensitive Lady. You attempted to hedge me in with your contemptuous response to my statement by trying to include Jesus's return as being a part of what I had to answer in your question which was completely outside of what I had previously posted. That was something that you had claimed to be true.

How about you provide the verifiable evidence from scripture that tells us that Jesus comes back first since you have this flawed understanding from my perspective. Then let us see if you can cause me to change my understanding.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My poor sensitive Lady. You attempted to hedge me in with your contemptuous response to my statement by trying to include Jesus's return as being a part of what I had to answer in your question which was completely outside of what I had previously posted. That was something that you had claimed to be true.

How about you provide the verifiable evidence from scripture that tells us that Jesus comes back first since you have this flawed understanding from my perspective. Then let us see if you can cause me to change my understanding.

See? Contempt. Good bye, but thank you for the scriptures.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That little raccoon in your profile picture is adorable. We have coons that visit our house at night looking for kitty snacks that may be left out. Amazing little creatures to watch as they interact and make their way.
Good to be able to be affectionate about raccoons; in our neighbourhood they are a nuisance... :)